4.8
Other Misc. Eye Makeups:
Urban Decay
Urban Decay Eye Shadow Primer Potion (original)

Urban Decay Eye Shadow Primer Potion (original)

4.8

Urban Decay Eye Shadow Primer Potion Original is the BEST!

Again, Like many primers and "potions," etc. Whenever they change one of the original formulas, they don't make them better necessarily. The original, is so darn good...you could probably wear your eye shadow, eyel liner, and mascara for over 48 hrs and have it all look like when you first applied it all. Even in humid or damp weather. Anyone who wears this type of eye makeup and is experienced with wearing it in these conditions, would tell you you're crazy. But, I strongly believe that Urban Decay makes these type of high quality eye (and other) make-ups. Especially, this primer. If you've read my other reviews, you can tell that I have experience with using Primers and bases etc., for face, lips, eyes, and hair. I know what I'm talking about because I take the time and energy, samples and bought make up, primers, etc. to find out which ones work the best and which ones don't. I do this because I've always been interested in how to make these elements all work together to equal a lovely result, but until recently, I never had any time at all, now over the last 5 yrs I have had some time, to practice! Try this eye shadow primer, I guarantee you won't be disappointed!

I go back and forth

As much as I wanted to be enamored with this, I just cannot bring myself to say that I am. It definitely shows a difference with eyeshadow, no doubt about that. As far as primers go though, I feel it's a little heavy and cakey. When I use the brush wand to prime my eyes, if I don't make sure it's completely smoothed out, little bumps accumulate that are visible underneath shadow. I've taken to smoothing it out with my finger instead of the brush because for me, it just doesn't work. I also find that it's not completely long lasting- my makeup does appear to fade and I get some really unsightly creasing. May work well for others; a lot of people seem to think it's a godsend but to me, there are better primers out there!

Keeps makeup looking great

from Florida

About Me Natural Style

Pros

• Applies Smoothly
  • Crease Resistant
  • Long Lasting
  • Silky Texture

Cons

• Everyday
    • Going Out
    • Natural Effect
    • Smokey Effect
    • Work

Comments about Urban Decay Eye Shadow Primer Potion (original):

I love using this primer, it is very smooth and lightweight so it doesn't add weight to my shadow. It keeps my shadow from creasing so if I have a long day it holds up well. Definitely a must try!

• Skin Tone:
    • Medium

Best eye shadow primer!! A holy grail!!

Comments about Urban Decay Eye Shadow Primer Potion (original):

This has been and forever will be my number one favorite eye shadow primer. I have used this since it was in the potion bottle with the applicator and still use it now. The new packaging is honestly much better as you don't waste product like you did with the old packaging. This will seriously keep you eye makeup looking perfect all day/night. I have oily lids and always experienced creasing with eyeshadow and eyeliner transfer to my lids, but using this primer has stopped all of that nonsense. I have tried many other eye shadow primers, but this is the best one yet. Nothing can compare to Urban Decay. This is such a hyped up product, but for good reason. Urban Decay has many amazing products and this is one of them. Would recommend to anyone!!! It may seem a little bit pricy for a primer, but it will last such a long time. I use mine everyday and have had it for a year and still have some left. A little goes a long way. You really don't need to use a lot of this. It does not work better by using more, trust me.

Magical, Unbeatable, Unfailing Eye Shadow Primer Potion.

Comments about Urban Decay Eye Shadow Primer Potion (original):

It does what it says. Urban Decay didn't name this product "Eye Shadow Primer Potion" for nothing: potion is just the right word to describe the magic of this unbeatable eye shadow primer. This stuff is full of probably toxic and poisonous chemicals (I prefer natural products myself), but the evilness is so tempting when you see the results of this product. I have taken long, five hour naps wearing this stuff and my eye shadow does not budge. This is a huge time saver if you need a nap but don't want to retouch your eye makeup afterwards.

Even though this potion refuses to budge while the wearer has been sleeping for hours on end, it is easily removed at the end of the day with a warm wash cloth and mild facial cleansing soap. It is not difficult to remove by any means. I have sensitive skin and use a mild, sulfates free face soap, and this product comes off right away. And, as an extra bonus, this product has never irritated by skin or eyes in any way.

a beauty must have

Comments about Urban Decay Eye Shadow Primer Potion (original):

This was the first primer I had tried, and the best I've found. The primer helps prevent your eye shadow from creasing and wearing off. And for me an added benefit from using it is, I canwear eeyeshadow like I want. For some reason 90 percent of eyeshadow I've tried causes my eye to get extremely irritated and quickly. Urban decay primer and eye makeup I have no problem with. Plus the pigment is some of the best out there.

Kind of Overrated

Comments about Urban Decay Eye Shadow Primer Potion (original):

This primer works just about as well as several others I've tried but really no better. I find that it does help to wear a primer to stop shadow from creasing, especially if you are wearing a lot of dark eye shadow or if it is not of the best quality. I don't quite know why this one generally is raved about more than other primers which provide a similar effect for a lower price.

Why did they stop making the original

Comments about Urban Decay Eye Shadow Primer Potion (original):

I loved this product. It stopped my makeup from creasing and made it stay in place all day. i was in love with this, then they stopped making it. It didn't have a noticeable smell to me , which was prefect because most smells make my eyes waster and would just suck.

Must have

Comments about Urban Decay Eye Shadow Primer Potion (original):

I love this product and have been using it for years. Applies and blends easily, colorless and could put on blindfolded.

This does not flake, crease, smudge, cause oily or dry eyelids or otherwise feel like anything is there. Holds eye makeup in places pretty much until you take it off. I've slept in eye makeup multiple times and woke up with it looking the same as when I applied it.

It's somewhat pricey, but lasts forever and is beyond worth it. Makes any eyeshadow apply better and last longer. Definite must have.

Best Primer EVER!

Comments about Urban Decay Eye Shadow Primer Potion (original):

I wasn't one of those people who really cared about primer and other "makeup secrets" until I happened to see Urban Decay's Primer Potion on sale one day and decided to try it out on a whim. The first time I tried the primer out, I was instantly converted. I was doing a somewhat complex look that involved shades of green and gold, and the primer made a visible difference in eyeshadow application. Not only was I able to apply the shadow more smoothly on top of primer vs bare skin, but the defined lines that I was looking for were much easier to maintain and my makeup lasted all night even after some very hardcore clubbing. I've heard from other people that they find the primer to be a bit too "sticky" so that they aren't able to blend layers of shadow as easily with primer underneath, but I've honestly never had this problem, especially with the right brushes. I'm really eager to try the other types of Urban Decay primer, especially the "golden shimmer". I imagine that will really make my looks pop!

Great primer.

Comments about Urban Decay Eye Shadow Primer Potion (original):

The urban decay eye shadow primer potion is a great primer for eye make up. You just apply it to your eye lid before you put on your eye make up and it really does make your eye make up last all day long. It comes in a sort of small bottle but you only have to use a little bit so it will last you a really long time.

I go back and forth