Other Burn Cares:
Banana Boat Aloe Vera Gel

Banana Boat Aloe Vera Gel

great for sunburns!

About Me Healthy Adult

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Effective
  • Relieves Pain
  • Safe
  • Soothing

Cons

• Keep In Medicine Cabinet
    • sun burns

Comments about Banana Boat Aloe Vera Gel:

Banana boat aloe Vera gel works great for sun burns. My shoulders always get too much sun and I hate the feeling of the burn when it gets itchy and hot. I keep a bottle of banana boat aloe right in the fridge so it cools as I apply it to my burned skin. Its save and gentle. I can use it on my son who is super sensitive to soaps and lotions. Its pretty inexpesive and a bottle lasts a long time. A little goes a long way. It Definately stops the pain and itching, and it keeps my skin from peeling which it likes to do after it burns. I use it after exposure to a lot of sun even if I'm not actually burnt. This is the next best thing I have found other than snapping a leaf off an actual aloe plant.

Aloe Vera gets the burn to go away!

from Halifax, PA

Comments about Banana Boat Aloe Vera Gel:

So, you went out in the sun. You had a great time at the beach, or got a good day of work done. But you forgot something. SUNSCREEN! Uh oh! What now? That burn is sapping away all of your precious energy and has you ouching about (ok, maybe that's a bit dramatic). But sunburn is no good. That's where Banana Boat Aloe Vera Gel steps in. That refreshing tingling sensation that you feel after applying lets you know relief is on the way. This really works on burns. It absorbs and dries in a snap and isn't greasy. It is aloe-vera based, and aloe has been working for people for a long long time. It's going to work on your burns too! The green color is just awesome, too, if I do say so myself. You don't need ot break the bank to buy a bottle of this either, it's pretty cheap. Overall, the main selling point of this product is that it just works. It provides relief, which is something anybody who ever had a sunburn can appreciate.

Not enough aloe vera

from Eagle River, AK

Comments about Banana Boat Aloe Vera Gel:

When one of my friends learned we were going to Hawaii for our 30th wedding anniversary, she bought me several gifts to take with us.  Two of those gifts were a sun hat and a large bottle of Banana Boat Aloe Vera Gel.  She said we would need the aloe vera because we were sure to get some sunburns.

Well, she was right.  We all got a little too much sun at some point during our ten day vacation, but I was very disappointed in the Banana Boat product that she gave to us.  First, aloe vera has no color to it, and this gel was colored green.  Second, aloe vera is not the first, second, or even third ingredient listed, it is 8th!

Denatured alcohol is the second ingredient, and when you use this on the skin there is a definite cooling sensation, but I don't think it is from the aloe, I think it is from the alcohol.  Alcohol evaporates quickly, cooling the skin as it does so.  It is a good moisturizer, and contains glycerin that does do a good job of adding moisture back into the skin.

As for the green color, that is due to the yellow and blue colorings that are added to the Banana Boat Aloe Vera Gel, which I feel is totally unnecessary.  The consistency of this product is indeed like a gel, and I think it has a sticky feel that can take some getting used to.

Overall, I would rather use a real aloe vera gel on my sunburned skin, not a product that is called "Aloe gel" but instead contains a lot of other ingredients that I don't really want.

Banana Boat Aloe Vera a sticky product

from Saint Francis, MN

Comments about Banana Boat Aloe Vera Gel:

Banana Boat Aloe Vera may be a popular buy for most people suffering from the after effects of too much time in the sun, but for me this product is not all that great of a buy. Sure it has a cooling effect on your sunburn. What I don't like about the product is how once it dries on you it leaves you skin feeling tight and sticky. Think twice about putting it on before you go to bed. It sticks to your clothing and sheets and then you have to peel it off. Ouch! So if you have to use it I would wash it off before you go to bed. The best thing to do is avoid sunburn all together, but if you happen to get burnt I would look for another product.

Get on the Boat, Banana Boat!

from Cocoa Beach, FL

Comments about Banana Boat Aloe Vera Gel:

i am a Beach Bun, every weekend during the summer months you will find me sitting in the sand somewhere.  i ove to go lay out and tan.  so needless to say after a long cold winter your first few visits to the beach can be pretty rough.  pale white skim will get burnt.  And when that happens, i go directly for my banana boat aloe.  I always have it on hand from the first trip to the beach to the last.  it smooths your skin, refreshes it, and moisturizes it.  all summer long using this product, you will be looking and feeling your best.  I usually buy my aloe from the regular store and it is pretty cheap.  around the same price as any other type of aloe, so that is a plus there.  once i buy my aloe it goes directly into my refridgerator.  i love the feeling of nice cold and refreshing aloe on my skin after a long summmers day in the sun.  it cools you down as well as all the other things; from protecting your skin to moisture.  I love my banana boat, i couldn't live without it living on the beach.

Banana Boat Aloe Vera Gel...soothes and cools your sunburn!

from Albemarle, NC

Comments about Banana Boat Aloe Vera Gel:

Banana Boat's Aloe Vera Gel is my lifesaver when I lay out in the sun and either forget to put on suntan lotion or do not put enough suntan lotion on. It seems every year during the summer months I will spend most of my time outside and forget to continue re-applying suntan lotion and end up getting red skin or burnt. I keep my Banana Boat Aloe Vera Gel in the refrigerator so its nice and cold when I apply it to my burnt skin. When you apply the Banana Boat Aloe Vera Gel to skin that is burnt you can actually fell the heat being pulled out of your skin and you then get a cooling sensation that takes away the pain. The smell of the gel is not really strong but it does have the smell of some of the stuff that doctors use. The gel becomes sticky if left on your hands so once you are finished applying the gel you will need to wash your hands. I would recommend this product to people who are fair skinned or who may get sun burnt on occassion.