4.1
Baby Trend
Baby Trend Walker with Toy Bar

Baby Trend Walker with Toy Bar

4.1

We like this because it has a lower setting than most walkers.

I am shopping for the **Baby Trend** walker because it has the **lowest setting **of any walker that I've seen on the market.  I'm a mother of four, and Grandma of three babies, and couldn't buy all new things, but wanted extra equipment to make the babies more comfortable in our home.    We bought this used last year when our first grandchild was a few months old.  Our son and daughter-in-law were surprised when Mickey was able to sit in it with his feet touching the floor at only 4-5 months of age.  Before he was ready for a high chair, he was fed in this seat, as it has a nice little food tray.  We also put toys on this tray, as babies often drop toys while they are learning to hang on.  We give them different toys, depending on what is interesting to the baby at the time, as babies get tired of the same things all the time, just like any other person does.

Since then, our son has had another baby, and our daughter has a baby as well.  Both new babies are able to sit in this walker comfortably (they are 4 and 5 months old) and they are very pleased to have their own comfortable seat among the family without being held all the time.  It's fun to watch the surprise and smile on their faces the first time you place them in this seat.  As the babies grow, it is very simple to raise the seat when they become more mobile.  They truly learn to walk with this one, as it allows them to exercise their legs at a younger age.

When both Mommies expressed an interest in having a walker like this, I checked the brand name on it and I'm shopping for two more just like it, to replace the ones they have which sit too high for their babies.

The toy bar is something parents should use with caution.  Although the babies certainly like the little bears on it (all babies love to look at toys with faces on them), there is a chance of getting their hands caught between the bar and the walker.  So we take that off until the babies get older, as it is very simple to remove and replace.  I disagree that it is a deathtrap, as some have said; that's just overreacting.  The worst that could happen is a caught arm, and if babies are supervised as they should be, this is easily remedied.

As with any baby equipment, a walker should not be used for long periods of time, and with normal supervision.  This walker has been a great addition to our grandparenting, and makes our little ones feel quite happy and welcome in our home.

Grandma chose this walker, and the baby survived it.

Of course I wouldn't buy a walker. I'm a well-informed mom who reads Child, Parents', Cookie, and assumes all child care books printed more than a year ago are surely obsolete by now. This means I am well aware of the Acadamy of Pediatrics' stand on walkers, which is that they create opportunity for too many accidents to buy and should be banned.

My mother didn't care what the Acadamy of Pediatrics said. She considered a walker an absolute necessity for babyhood. Since I'm still a little bit scared that my mother might ground me and take away my phone privileges, there wasn't anything I could do when she decided to buy the Baby Trend walker and keep it at her house. If you have to buy a walker against the advice of every authority on child-safety to ever publish information, the Baby Trend Walker is not bad. I know it's heresy to say so, but I can't deny that my child has been delighted by The Deathtrap (our affectionate nickname for the walker). There are also a few reasons why I liked it better than most of the stationary entertainers on the market, most of which are covered with a dizzying array of toys that light up and scream noises. The toy bar on the walker is very simple and be detached easily. It consists of a wire and bead toy with a plastic bear on either end. We called the bears Harry and Larry, and my daughter loved them, treating them to all kinds of jargoning and caressing. My mom liked to feed her from the tray (a practice I objected to, for the record) and although it can't be removed for cleaning, everything on the walker has cleanable surface, including the seat. If it got too dirty, you could take it into the shower along with the highchair and wash the whole thing down. As far as safety, I've come to the conclusion that if you plan to use the toy with your child, and not rely on it to take care of her for you, it's as safe as anything else. Isn't that the case with everything? Mobiles, playgyms, motorized swings, and shape sorters all have hidden dangers if we don't keep an eye out for trouble. We only used the walker in my parents large rec room with all the doors closed, all obstacles removed, and somewhere between one and seven adults fawning over her most mundane sounds and actions (she's the first and only baby in the family). My baby could probably given anything in the world to play with under those conditions and be safe. This particular walker has a very wide base and she was unable to capsize it, even when she learned to climb out by herself. The walker collapses for storage and can be raised to three different heights. If it could be about an inch taller on the highest level, my baby would probably not have been able to climb out before she was old enough to walk on her own. It locks quite effectively with a dial, and it doesn't close tightly enough to pinch fingers (hers or mine). It's lightweight and corners on a dime, so she has total freedom to determine her speed and direction. What else can be said for a walker? A child is always in danger if you are not paying attention to what she is doing. If you have no stairs and childproof carefully, the worst case scenarios have been eliminated. But if you're thinking about whether or not to buy one, I definitely discourage it. Why buy a walker when babies are so easy to entertain with drawers full of tupperware and empty milk jugs? Since so many neglectful parents seem to buy walkers to aid them in their irresponsible ways, leading to 9000 serious injuries every year, I think companies should be encouraged to stop manufacturing and selling this style of toy. And if you have stairs anywhere in your house, no matter how state of the art your safety gate, no walker should ever darken your door.

Easy to handle fun for baby

from Houston texas

About Me First Time Parent

Pros

• Easy to Assemble
  • Easy to Clean
  • Good Support
  • Holds Baby's Attention
  • Lightweight
  • Stable
  • Visually Stimulating

Cons

• Early Walkers
    • Feeding
    • Infants
    • Playtime
    • Strengthening Legs

Comments about Baby Trend Walker with Toy Bar:

Bought for my 6 month old and comfortable for baby and playful too.

Baby Trend Walker

Comments about Baby Trend Walker with Toy Bar:

I bought this walker about 3.5 years ago. I have used it with all three of my children. I feel this is very durable considering I have had it that long. Also, a good deal for your money. We do not need the real fancy type because I can just give them toys to play with in the tray. Is is nice to have the two different heights as well. The seat is removable to wash which is nice because babies are messy. I gave it a 9 because taking the seat off can be somewhat a pain but managable. I like to use it as a stationary play area before they can walk and use it to help them learn to sit up. Once they are sitting on their own it can be used as a place to feed them if space is limited for a high chair. And of course once they start moving around they really enjoy this item. My 2 and 4 year old still crawl in it and walk around in it. I know it does not have the bells and whistles like some of the others but for the money it is worth it in my opinion.

Fantastic walker!

from Houston, TX

Comments about Baby Trend Walker with Toy Bar:

In comparing with other walkers, this one is the best by far.  I can't stand the ones that are near stationary due to the fake back "wheel".  This one rolls in all directions and all of my kids LOVED it.  There was never any danger in using it because I took all of the necessary precautions.  Still, it was very surprising to notice that my five-month old was missing from the living room; and on investigation, I found that he had rolled himself into my bedroom and was playing with the drawer pulls on my dresser.  I watched him play contentedly for about an entire hour!

My baby loves to play with this!!!!

from Cuba, MO

Comments about Baby Trend Walker with Toy Bar:

I love this and so does my baby!!!! HE has so much fum in it and it teaches them to run and walk! It has cute colors in portable and is a ease to put up and isnt that had to put away!!!! I love walkers it educational and all my friends have used one and their baby (which are older than mine) are walking so perfectly!!!!! I love this And its a great thing to buy!!!! :)

Great Walker but there's always room for improvement

from Ronkonkoma, NY

Comments about Baby Trend Walker with Toy Bar:

I've had many walkers and found that I love this one the best. I found that this one rolls easily and can roll in any direction. There are many walkers that the wheels don't turn. I've never had any problems with the wheels not working properly. Included is a toy bar which never really stayed on to be honest with you but we didn't seem to miss it much. When you're kids get their freedom; they could care less about the toy bar well at least mine did. It's light weight and easy to transport. I do wish that the walker had some type of locking system underneath; it would make transporting a lot easier.  I also like how it's fairly small and can fit through narrow opeinings in my house. Their are many walkers out there that are just too bulky. Also you can adjust the height which is nice, I do wish that it went up a little higher though. My daughter is ten months old and has already out-grown it. Overall I would recomment buying it because in my opinion it's the best one out there but there is some room for improvement.

LOVE This Walker!

from Mankato, MN

Comments about Baby Trend Walker with Toy Bar:

I cannot stand most walkers and exersaucers.  I think they are way too "busy" for little ones.  I would end up with ADD if I had to play with them.  Every where a baby looks there is too much stuff and too many colors.  That is why I loved this walker.  Very simple.  The little toys on the walker are removeable, which is great (we did this).  This walker is also smaller than other walkers on the market, which made it also appeal to me because we lived in an apartment.  It has different height levels so I could adjust it as my son grew.  I liked that the plastic tray was all one level (no cup holder area, etc) so it is very easy to clean, another HUGE plus in my book.  It collapses easily for easy storage.  It doesn't fold totally flat, but gets pretty close.  And when you live in an area with little storage, this is a must for me!  I highly recommend this to anyone looking for a walker.  It is usually cheaper than other walkers and it's smaller.  And if you've ever had kids, you have enough stuff around, so the smaller the better!

Great for busy babies

from Hudsonville, MI

Comments about Baby Trend Walker with Toy Bar:

I am a young busy mother of three adorable children, ages four, two and under one. I was given this walker as a gift. At first sight I thought the walker was plain jane and simply ugly. It didn't look like it would be any fun for the baby. But as soon as I put my daughter in the walker she loved it! She was a wild baby to begin with, crawling at 5 months standing up on furniture by 7 months. So she was ready to be walking around. I can place her in this walker and it is like she can easily walk room to room! It is fun to see your baby in this walker moving around. It does not need to be or have exciting toys due to the fact you child will be focused primarily on moving from here to there. I have a feeling my little girl will be walking soon due to the fact this walker is making her use and lift up her feet to walk. I have seen these for sale at Garage sales for cheap and I think it would be a great investement to moms with young babies! Just be careful around stairs!

Baby Trend walker is average.

from Spring Valley, CA

Comments about Baby Trend Walker with Toy Bar:

To be honest I bought this walker on a day when I was out on a mission to buy a walker and I only found two brands. This was the cheaper of the two and looked to be acceptable.  The seat looked roomy, the tray a good size for toys or treats, not to mention the adjustable seat height.  Too bad the only color was dark blue I thought.  But now after a few months of use I like the dark seat because she sure does drop alot in there and we don't notice any staining.  She did manage to break of the toy bears on teh toy bar after about two weeks of using the bears like handle bars while on the run. But I must say the knobs that the bears were on are still present and they sanpped off smoothly so she won't be hurt by them at all. My daughter is off the charts in heighth too so it wan't long before she could lean over on the highest setting and nearly touch the floor so stict supervision is a must. I also noticed that she likes to put her foot on the cross bars used to hold the chair up and give herself a little boost out of the chair while leaning so even if your child is on the petite side they can boost themselves out if they figured that out. So beware and supervise!  This walker has been great in speeding her into walking stage though with less bumps and bruises along the way I must say!

Great item to keep baby busy and happy

from Livonia, MI

Comments about Baby Trend Walker with Toy Bar:

So glad to find this walker.  Not many of them actually move anymore.  The price was very reasonable too.  This has adjustable heights so it grows with your baby.  The toy bar makes a great teether!  My daughter really likes this.  It was easy to put together, just had to attach the seat which was the only negative, I had to really push hard to get the seat to stay on, it kept coming loose, but then I figured out I just hadn't pushed the pieces in hard enough so really make sure that is secure.  Otther then that, we LOVE this walker.

Simple Babytrend walker just what my mover needed

from Avon, NY

Comments about Baby Trend Walker with Toy Bar:

My doctor did not recommend that we use a walker because of the accidents associated with them. My son has been frustrated with the limitations on his movement since he was a newborn. He has always needed to be active to be content. The exersaucer and bouncer were just not enough. My mother-in-law bought him this walker and now he cruises around like a professional.

I wanted this walker because it was simple in design and did not have flashy toys. My son likes the bears and beads on it. He is chews on the bears right now because he is teething. We use the walker in our basement so that there is no fear of him toppling down stairs.

This walker was easy to assemble and has different heights so it can be adjusted for your child. The cloth seat can be washed if necessary and the plastic tray table can be easily wiped clean.

I am glad that we ended up getting this walker. My son is able to get the movement he craves even though he is not yet able to crawl or walk. He keeps himself active and is getting very strong legs. This walker was priced right and meets our needs.