Other Home Gyms:

not so good

Profile Image

from Sweden

About Me Gym Rat

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Quiet
  • Strengthens

Cons

• Bulky
  • Uncomfortable

• Performance Training
  • Strength Training

Comments about As Seen On TV The Ab Lounge:

I think this thing not so good , because it's heavy and little bit complicated .. but it's good for old obese persons .

• Was this a gift?:
  • I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

I used to hate doing Sit Ups

from San Jose, CA

Great Machine.

It's alot of fun to hop on and work out and forget about how many crunches I can do or how many crunches I have to do. I just hop on the machine and put some music in my ear and forget about having to work out. Before I know it I've done 50 crunches without pain in my back or having to pull on my neck. I'm so happy , I never have to do crunches on the floor again.

Perfect example of body beautiful people advertising a product

from Coventry, RI

Comments about As Seen On TV The Ab Lounge:

The AB Lounge is a perfect example of body beautiful people advertrising equipment that normal people could never see the trype of results advrtised and those that do are fanatics and genetically inclined to have a body like that. Using the AB Lounge will still help people get into better shape but they can't expect the results that they see on TV. If you plan on leaving the AB Lounge up, you can expect it to take up alot more space that hoped for. My wife found it difficult to fold up and wqas it's primary user.  She founds that doing crunches and attending yoga and pilates was much more effective than the Ab Lounge. Everytime I go to a friends house that has an Ab Loungwe it seems that it is nothing more than a place to hang clothes, pile on jackects or whatever else. It's a sad state of affairs when people a shelling out that kind of money just to turn it intro a clothes rack and go off to the gym.

It's awesome!

from Fort Smith, AR

Comments about As Seen On TV The Ab Lounge:

I absolutely love the ab lounger! It's easy to use and has great results. I originally bought the ab lounger for my dad. He has knee problems (along with the rest of my family, his is just worse) and he was having a hard time working out on our gazelle and bicycle. The whole family uses it though. It is very easy on the body. My dad thought since he was older and didn't have as much flexibility as me that he wouldn't be able to rock back as far as I could so he wouldn't achieve the results like I did. However, it is so easy to use that he could use it just as much as I could. He saw really great results in a matter of weeks. When I first started out using it, I was only able to do roughly 30-50 "crunches." Believe me, it was enough. I was very sore afterwards. Now I'm up to 300 a day (if I get around to everyday) After doing however many crunches you wish to do, you are done for the day and you have had your workout. I recommend the ab lounger.

Ab Lounge-the best thing since sit-ups!

from Moultrie, GA

Comments about As Seen On TV The Ab Lounge:

A great way to sculpt amazing abs.  You feel the burn within the minute as compared to regular sit-ups.  The burn lasts throughout and that's when you know it's working.  Like every body sculpting routine, it takes time and effort on one's part to get those dream abs.  This is a great piece of machinery; it's simple to use and easy, too.  It comes with a video that goes through the steps, and it even comes with lots of exercises.  I enjoy it every other day since I go to school but I am going to use it every day when school's over.

The Ab Lounge helped me tone my abs

from Milltown, NJ

Comments about As Seen On TV The Ab Lounge:

I bought the Ab Lounge at a garage sale, and boy am I glad I did! The only drawback is how big it is. The size is a little large, and hard to fit in a small apartment, but otherwise this equipment is great. Easy to use, and you feel the burn as soon as you start (at least I did). I made a goal to do at least 10 crunches every time I go up the stairs to my apartment, and, since I've stuck to it, I definitely see that I'm more toned. Set up was non existent, and the instructions were easy to understand. I had no problem getting started right away. Unfortunately, there is a height limit... my fiance tried to use it. He's 6'6, and didn't fit properly, even with all the bars pulled to their greatest extent. So, I would only recommend it if you're about 6 feet or shorter. Any taller and it will be uncomfortable to use. I've heard stories about people hurting their backs using it, so make sure to read the directions and use it properly! I haven't had any problems, love the product!

Makes a nice chair

from Starke, FL

Comments about As Seen On TV The Ab Lounge:

So I borrowed my ab lounger from my mom because hers was being utilized as a clothes hanger. I thought maybe i could give it try. The ab lounger as a sturdy design and is built well as long as you are below say 250 lbs (which I am). The lounger is actually quite comfortable and we use it often as an extra seat when company is over. The lounger comes with a training DVD, example menus, and work out plan which I found usefull if you actually follow them. I tried the lounger for 3 months with little results. I followed the work out plan and DVD but it still didn't seem to make my post-baby belly any smaller. The lounge makes it possible to "cheat" when doing the crushes by using your arms to pull up to a crunch vs actually using your stomach muscles. Maybe if I hadn't cheated so much I would have had better results. Overall, i feel it is like most other home exercise equipment available......They all become dust collectors at some point.

Ab Lounge is sooo much better than doing sit ups!

from Victoria, TX

Comments about As Seen On TV The Ab Lounge:

I am always trying to find something that will make me more interested in doing exercise. I have two beautiful children and two C-section scars to prove it. Like most women I am self conscious about my body. I hate doing sit ups or crunches, doesn't everybody. I have an ab lounge now and I love it. It is easy and comfortable. I don't mid doing my workout now.

Really good machine but you have to work hard.

from Mission, TX

Comments about As Seen On TV The Ab Lounge:

This was a wonderful machine and well worth the money but you have to really work hard at it and make sure you do it every day to see results. You also need to do other work outs but it really made doing crutches and sit-ups easier and was much more comfortable on my back.