View more desktops

MB953LL/A
Apple iMac 27-inch Desktop Computer

Apple iMac 27-inch Desktop Computer

4.8

The iMac has (more than) something for everyone.

The iMac at first glance looks alot like a plasma screen television but under the surface you will find it's capabilities surpass that of a simple television.  One of my favorite features of the iMac is Front row, and with the apple remote it even more so gives you a sense of ultimate control.  My iMac is equipped with some of the top programs offered by mac such as Final Cut Express, Logic Express Studios, Keynote, and much more.  If you are willing to pay the money for this amazing machine the best advice I can give you is, don't settle for the standard programs on the mac.  The extra programs will make your iMac really shine in many aspects.  And is the perfect tool for expressing yourself in different ways such as through film, music, web creations, photography, and much more.  Make sure if you buy this product you visit apple's site and search for monthly contests that can win you many things like vacations, cash, ect.  You will not be disappointed if you purchase this amazing product.  I bought it a couple months after I bought my macbook because I was so impressed and I love it.  5 stars for sure.

An Apple iMac is a useful tool.

I have always been a PC girl, but when we finally needed a new computer after my HP was only 3 years old, we decided to go big with the 27 inch screen Apple. So far, I really do enjoy it, but I don't think it is God's gift to technology as some people claim. I suppose it just takes a little getting used to, but I think it was a bit easier to find help with a PC. That being said, it runs really great and has a lot of options for photographs, which is what I really wanted a new computer for. We also got it as another place to watch DVDs because the screen is so big. Unfortunately, the resolution is not as great as I would expect. The graphics from just viewing the web, however, are awesome. We bought this computer refurbished from the Apple website. It is rather pricey, but hopefully it will last as long as people claim. Overall, from what I need to do on the web (mostly just surf and pictures), it is very satisfactory.

High performance computer

from San Jose, CA

Comments about Apple iMac 27-inch Desktop Computer:

If you are in for spending some money on some great high performance computer you are at the right place. I have had lots of experience with both PC and Macs and with this new monitor and all Intel chipsets I have to say that this machine has an amazing performance. On the top of the internal performance comes new graphics cards with GPUs for faster graphics. This machine really worth what you pay for. As I mentioned, amazing image processing with a great graphics card. Very fast and clear. Gaming is even easier than before with this great system. Some really big downsides of this machine is that its even more impossible to make changes to the hardware that comes with this machine. I had a macbook that I had to change memory for, that was already hard enough and with the new designs you should just think of giving the machine to reps to upgrade it for you, which means even more money spent on an expensive computer. After all, it doesn't cost much though to do an upgrade. The machine itself worth way more.

Apple iMac 27 in. desktop computer could be a bit better

from San Diego, CA

Comments about Apple iMac 27-inch Desktop Computer:

bought my i5 quad core iMac a couple of weeks ago and I love everything about it...except for the noisy fan. The power, speed, screen size and beautiful display resolution are all top notch. So is the massive storage provided by the 2 TB hard drive. But I was surprised by the noise of the fan and the fact that it runs constantly at that noise level. There was only one flaw with the machine. The display was one of the primary selling points. I'm an amateur photographer, however I was immediately encountering difficulty calibrating the display's color. I quickly determined there was a noticeable shift in color temperature from the top of the screen to the bottom, with the bottom third of the screen displaying a warm and yellowish feel. But overall the computer is fast and powerful. i5 is pretty good. Nice big screen with great high resolution. There however isn't any hdmi ports which is no good at all

For the Rich?

from Pine Bluff, AR

Comments about Apple iMac 27-inch Desktop Computer:

Everyone loves Apple... Everyone loves the Imac, but everyone hates the prices they put on these machinces, Here is the specs of the MB953LL/A It has a Core Duo 2.66 GHz, Mac OS X Leopard, 4 GB of ram, 1000 GB hard drive, DVD?RW Dual Layer/CD-RW, 27 in screen built it. It is a great computer if your a mac fan, but if you are more of a windows person.. you should stay away. It is known that the mac isnt the easiest interface for things.. Sepcialy if your a gamer... your not going to want a mac.. If your into video editing and other projects, This is a great computer to get. It has everything you need and want. The only down side is no blu-ray drive and the screen is built in, the screen dies and basicaly you are screwed. You would have to go out and buy a new monitior to hook up or just scrap it and move on to the next Imac, and for the price.. It better last forever..

PERFECT APPLE

from Brenham, TX

Comments about Apple iMac 27-inch Desktop Computer:

For years our graphic artist son told us Apple was the best. Is definitely best for anyone who is doing any kind of graphics or pictures. When my deskdtop dies, we decided to look at ASpple because I love photography. I did not buy this big one to begin with, but have wanted it. I just bought it at Christmas. We now have all Apple dektops-3- and two laptops, and two iPads. So, we went Apple after our first one. If you try it, you will go Apple, too. The cost is more than the cheaper companies, however, compare what you have to put in them, versus what is already in the Apple. You will come out better with the Apple. No viruses is a bonus all by it's self. Be casreful though, we have learned the computer is smarter than we are and we have a hard time getting used to it being so darn smart!

I love my Mac Desktop

from Anchorage, AK

Comments about Apple iMac 27-inch Desktop Computer:

I love my Mac Desktop! The screen is huge and easy to work on many things at once. It is very easy to learn to use even if you have never owned an apple product before. I would change a few things on the mouse though, it does not move around very easy on the desk but after time it had gotten better. I use my mac for photo editing and basic web features and I love the ease of use.

the Apple iMac MB953LL/A 27-inch Desktop Computer outstanding

from Brooklyn, NY

Comments about Apple iMac 27-inch Desktop Computer:

The Apple iMac MB953LL/A 27-inch Desktop Computer has a fantastic design, stellar/incredible performance, and is one of my favorite new apple products.

The Pros of this product are

1. The 27-inch LED HD display screen is fantastic

2. Comes wireless keyboard and a wireless mouse

3. The speed is incredible

4. The resolution is great and everything is so clean and clear.

5. It is very fancy and cool looking.

I only found two cons, and they are

1. The performance did not really improve or get worse than the previous models. This new product pretty much stayed the same.

2. the product is on the expensive side but i believe it is worth every penny.

Overall, the Apple iMac MB953LL/A 27-inch Desktop Computer is an outstanding product. It would be a great gift for a friend, family member or that special person in your life.

I rated this product a 4 out of 5 and that is because it is absolutely fabulous

I love my Apple iMac!

from Denver, CO

Comments about Apple iMac 27-inch Desktop Computer:

I have been using my iMac at work for a little over a year now and I love it. As many other reviewers have mentioned previously, the screen on the iMac is gorgeous! I am a programmer and not a graphics person, but was lucky to get one at work.I mainly use it to develop Java and iPhone/iPad applications on it. The first thing that I have noticed while using the Mac is that the user interface is so much cleaner and more appealing than anything that I have seen on Windows.

Another point that I appreciate on the iMac is how much space you are able to save on your desk due to its design. I am not a fan of cables sticking out on computers, so the iMac is great in that respect.

One thing I want to mention: I do not know if this happens on all iMacs, but mine gets hot when used over long period of times. It is not a major issue, but I would like to mention that it.

Overall, I am very happy with my iMac and at time point, I won't be able to switch back to a PC :-)

great buy

from Los Angeles, CA

Comments about Apple iMac 27-inch Desktop Computer:

This 27 inch desktop computer is is one of the best overall computer systems built by Apple. That is because Apple made great picks on the processor and the screen. The iMac is powered by a processor that is quite strong, an Intel Core i5. This is a quad core processor which means it has four cores. This processor is 2.66ghz which is what you would expect. The clock speed of the i5 is a little bit on the low end, but an i5 is plenty for the majority of people. Even at this clock speed, it does pretty well on benchmarks. An i7, in my opinion, is pretty much way too much processor for everyone except those who demand the highest degree of performance for video rendering. The i3 and i5 are more than capable of meeting consumers' needs. This right processor (the i5) is matched and paired with a beautiful 27 inch screen that is just crystal clear (actually, Apple monitors have this reputation in the market). The iMac's 27 inch is really wide and runs at 2560 X 1440 HD resolution. It comes with a one terabyte hard drive and four gigs of memory, which is all good typical setups. As mentioned earlier, this is a solid build with a great working processor and a beautiful screen.

Apple 27-inch iMac: Wonderful design, but beware a screen issue.

from Philadelphia, PA

Comments about Apple iMac 27-inch Desktop Computer:

This is an absolutely beautiful computer. The slick unibody design is simple, the resolution on the screen is top-notch, and the in-body speakers are very nice. The computer itself is very fast; boot-ups take at most a minute. I agree with the critics that say that it's a waste that there isn't a Blu-Ray player included with this (or any other Apple) product, but the company believes that the media of the future will be completely digital (probably trying to push their own iTunes products), so there's a bigger corporate stance here, not just a random omission.

The biggest concern I would tell anybody before purchasing this computer is an issue with the screen. You may notice an almost smeary-looking residue under the glass of your computer, which has actually turned out to some sort of dust or dirt underneath the glass of the product (we had to take the computer to an Apple Store Genius Bar in order to get this cleaned, and it took them almost a day to do so).

stunning

from Aliso Viejo, CA

Comments about Apple iMac 27-inch Desktop Computer:

Apple's products have been stellar lately, including the iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch.  Though in the back of minds of most people the iMac has really taken shape into one of the better computing desktops in recent memory.  The 27" screen and extremely high resolution makes viewing amazingly crisp.  Apple's operating system, Leopard, makes this an all-in-one package for people who worry about getting viruses/malware/trojans on their personal computers.  It easily wards off potential offenders and keeps the integrity of the computer for the end user.  The extremely thin keyboard makes a flush typing setup for users as well.

In terms of functionality, Apple's desktops are a little underpowered for their price, but the compromise in having an operating system that doesn't fail ever makes this a worthwhile buy for any type of user.  A win-win situation for most if not all customers who question the Apple markup.