View more desktops

Apple iMac 21.5 in (885909389131) desktop computer

Apple iMac 21.5 in (885909389131) desktop computer

Pros

Cons

My Apple iMac Desktop Computer is My Best Friend!

The secret is finally out—the Macintosh computer by Apple, Inc. is the easiest, most durable, affordable computer available today. I have been a Mac user since my first Mac Plus back in the 1980s. Although I had to use DOS and Windows computers where I worked, I was so grateful that I could always come home to my Mac. Today, I have the 21.5 inch iMac desktop that I use all the time. I do have a backup MacBook laptop for its portability, but I run my business on my iMac. Since I am so very dependent upon my computer to run my business, I must have the best, most dependable computer available and that has proven to by the Macintosh computer line throughout the years. First, the iMac is really a space-saver. I love how the entire iMac is all self-contained in the monitor which means I don’t have to find a place for a tower or other bulky CPU which is a luxury because I just don’t have much space to spare. Furthermore, it doesn’t take up much space on my desk—only a 7 inch square footprint. Although the iMac is available in screen sizes up to 27 inches, I can’t really fit a larger screen on my desk without rearranging my wall items, including my phone. Not a difficult job, but not at the top of my list of things to do! While I will likely do that someday to accommodate a larger screen model iMac, for now my 21.5 inch screen is all the space I need. Secondly, the Macintosh operating system is so easy to use. It is smooth, doesn’t hang or crash, and if you hook up a portable hard drive to it, you can depend on Time Machine (included) to back up everything on your computer in intervals of your choice. This has been a life saver! If I accidentally delete something, I can go back and get the last backup from Time Machine. When I needed a new hard drive (yep—I actually ran out of space!), the nice folks at the Apple Store transferred all my data from my portable hard drive to my new hard drive using Time Machine. Thirdly, my iMac came with all kinds of useful software, a tremendous value in itself! Besides Time Machine which I mentioned above, I received iCal, iPhoto, iMovie, iWeb, iTunes, Apple Mail, Safari, and other useful software. It is all so easy to learn to use and are integrated to work together. If I get an invitation email in Apple Mail, with a click I can add the event to my iCal. iPhoto and iMovie makes simple pictures, slideshows, and movies look very professional. I use iWeb to make websites simply and quickly. And Safari is the best browser I’ve found. Lastly, the Mac operating system is so well engineered that I can troubleshoot any areas I need to fix or improve for my use. You don’t need to be a techie to use a Mac! That’s why they have been the computer of choice for schools. There is a reason us Mac users are so loyal to Apple and to our Macintosh computers. When I find a good, dependable product, I stick with it!

Not a fan of Apple Computers

With Apple computer you can get a lot of cool apps and programs, but then there are the few problems that I have had with them in the past which makes me not like them as well as I like Windows PCs. I am an avid PC user and am not planning on getting a Mac anytime soon. My problem with Mac is their way they get over worked in some programs, example when you are trying to edit a video and you dont save constantly the program will get over worked and it will cancel out and you have to start all over. Secondly Safari is the worst internet browser next to Firefox and Explorer. If you need a good browser go with Google Chrome. Third is that I just dont like the layout of them and how they are made. They try to make them look very nice yeah they are too expensive. I couldnt afford a Mac for the likes of me. With PC you get a wide varity of great programs for any kind of work you can think of. Lastly my other problem is the lack of games they have for Mac. The only place to buy games for Mac is at the Apple Store and they never have what you are looking for. What a waste, just to go to the Apple Store when the only one might be in another city or even another state and you cant find what you want. So if you want to make a good decision go with PC or wait until Apple can fix the problems with Mac which might take a while.

GREAT IMAC

from Brevard, NC

Comments about Apple iMac 21.5 in (885909389131) desktop computer:

I LIKE THE IMAC REALLY A LOT . I LIKE THE LARGE SCREEN AND THE WIRELESS MOUSE. AND THE COMPACT KEYBOARD.IT IS BRIGHT AND REAL CLEAR AND I WOULD RECOMMEND THIS PRODUCT.

IT IS VERY EASY TO USE.

Hardware Quality
HAS GOOD HARDWARE QUALITY.

Support & Service
EXCELLENT SUPPORT AND SERVICE.

IT REAL DEPENDABLE.

I LIKE THE STREAM LINE DESIGN.

IT WORKS REALLY GOOD AND FAST,

• Hardware Quality:
  • Support & Service:

Once you go Mac you never go back

from Naperville, IL

Comments about Apple iMac 21.5 in (885909389131) desktop computer:

My whole life my father has worked for a major PC company, so I have always used a PC and thought it was normal to have to deal with virus scans, freezing, troubleshooting, etc. Well, when I got married and my PC died and we needed a new computer, even though I could have gotten a steal through my dad's job my husband said he wouldn't even put 50 cents towards a PC and that we were getting a mac. At first I had all the normal concerns about switching to something new, however they were all blown away when I started using this computer. I have had it for almost three years now and have never had an issue with it...no viruses (and more importantly no annoying virus scans), no lost files, no freezing up, etc. Also the time machine feature is incredible! We just connected a 1 TB external hard drive and I never have to worry about loosing a file for as long as I live. The Mac is SO easy to use, so if your reason for not buying one is that you don't want to learn a new OS forget that argument because it will take you literally 5 minutes to learn and master how to work it. It's also great that I can still use all the Microsoft programs I am used to (word, powerpoint, excel, etc) on my mac and I think the mac versions are ven better! I'd recommend this computer, or any mac product to anyone! (and have tried to talk many people into purchasing one)!

• Hardware Quality:
  • Support & Service:

Apple IMac, attractive, but disappointing

from Baton Rouge, LA

Comments about Apple iMac 21.5 in (885909389131) desktop computer:

We were excited to replace our aging Dell, but we have had numerous problems with this machine. It was completely replaced 9 months after purchase due to a motherboard failure. We lost all the data from the old machine. The new one has issues with the Bluetooth connection with the wireless keyboard and mouse. On th positive, it looks great, it works great when it works. I love the sd slot, the screen size, and the utility of the wireless mouse. I do worry about the lifespan, since we are no longer under warranty. Apple customer service is great, though. I had to actually haul it to the apple store to have it serviced, which is kind of a drag, but the tech was very competent and had me in and out in less than twenty minutes. I do love the Mac OS, and the computer is easy for even my young children to operate. I use iMovie,iPhoto, and the Works suite regularly. If we can ge the Bluetooth under control I would add a star and consider the first one a fluke. Oh, it is pleasant to watch movies on this machine.

Apple iMac MC508LL/A is awesome

from Daly City, CA

Comments about Apple iMac 21.5 in (885909389131) desktop computer:

Apple iMac MC508LL/A is awesome.  I own both pc and mac computers for my work. I am still a big fan of this iMac.  It never crashes on me like the pc does.  It stays on and just run forever.  It does not give millions of updates everytime I turn it on.  It is good that it does not have lots of virus attack like the PC. It is dependable, very fast, no technical problem. The HD quality and sound quality is incredible. The only thing is that it costs a lot of money than the PC, so it took a lot of convincing for my boss to authorize it.  I immediately install bootcamp on it, and it works very well on the bootcamp pc side. The time is takes to boot up is so much faster than the PC.  I tell you, after you buy this imac you will never want to go back to the PC again.  I installed snow lapard on it, and it is easy for me to do the installation.  It does have some problems with slowness when booting up the Adobe suite though.

this iMac is just outstanding

from San Diego, CA

Comments about Apple iMac 21.5 in (885909389131) desktop computer:

i use this iMac everyday at school for my internet publishing and photography class. i am just amazed with all the cool features it has. although its expensive its fast, HD quality, and the photoshop and fireworks are cool. the internet is 100% faster then PC's and I love the camera. it takes great pictures and videos. i use text wrangler and fireworks to make my websites and adobe photoshop to edit the pictures i take. its amazing to see how apple progressed. its defiantly worth buying it for your office. do not buy it for your home if you have kids or babies as this can easily break. and dont forget most of the programs cost money. and a lot roo. so make sure you know what your buying. it does take a while to power up. oh and dont use it too much because it will 100% ruin your eyes. the brightness is just too high and if you turn it down its not the same. its a decent size but its by far the best desktop computer out of the other leading companies like intel and windows

Apple iMac attack!

from San Jose, CA

Comments about Apple iMac 21.5 in (885909389131) desktop computer:

I have been working with computers all my life. I know as a windows and osx user, both have their weaknesses and flaws. But since I’m reviewing this, I will state what I like and what I dislike about the Apple iMac MC508LL/A 21.5. One pro about this product is that the screen is very vivid. From the colors, to just a little part of your desktop, everything looks absolutely stunning. Apple did a good job with that, like they normally do to attract their customers. I also like the fact that everything is compacted into one, so there is no hassle with moving because you are only moving one main object instead of two (tower and monitor). The con to this product though, to me, is the versatility of parts. For a brand new computer, they put in outdated graphic cards. There are many higher lines of graphics, so it is disappointing to get a powerful new computer then having to buy a new one later if you are into gaming and arts.

this is a good desktop computer

from White River Junction, VT

Comments about Apple iMac 21.5 in (885909389131) desktop computer:

My family needed a new computer that was modern and easy for me kids to learn how to use. This Apple mac computer is everything we need and more. I love the flat screen on the computer because it makes the glare less. I also like the speed of the computer. When it is off and i want to start it, it only takes about three minutes so that is great. The webcam on the top of the computer is really nice because my kids can talk to their family and friends face to face almost. Playing games and watching movies is easy to do and the cd slot on the side of the computer is very discreet and sleek. I love that i hardly ever have to worry about any software and virus problems with this mac. The security is high. Installing microsoft word is also easy to do.

Not a fan of Apple Computers

from Granada Hills, CA

Love my new iMac

from Hollywood, FL

Comments about Apple iMac 21.5 in (885909389131) desktop computer:

I finally replaced my old G3 with the new iMac. I was a little concerned running my graphics and design business on an iMac instead of a tower machine, but the new MacPros are so expensive, I decided to go with the iMac. Well, I couldn't be more thrilled. I love the smaller footprint of the all in one iMac. The monitor is the wide screen variety, which gives me much more room to see a whole page, while putting all the windows to the right of the page (thereby not covering parts of the page with all the windows). I did have to buy a USB hub, since there are only 3 USB ports. There's only 1 firewire port, but that's not an issue, since you can daisy-chain firewire devices. It has a very high quality built in camera and microphone, so skyping can be done without buying anything extra. I adore the sleek wireless mouse. Now when I use the mouse on my old computer it feels big and cumbersome. I much prefer the smaller mouse. However I find the small wireless keyboard difficult to type on. Although the keys are the same size as on a standard keyboard, they don't have the height of the keys on a standard keyboard, and I find myself making too many typing mistakes. However, I have plugged in my old USB keyboard, and it works just fine.

All and all, I love the machine and would recommend it to graphic professionals, as well as to the casual user.

Great for just about everything

from Erie, PA

Comments about Apple iMac 21.5 in (885909389131) desktop computer:

I've had this computer for about two years now, and I must say, I'm never going back to Windows if I have anything to say about it. I originally bought this computer for music production after my Windows-based computer crashed (figures). It didn't take me long to find out that, at least in my opinion, this machine is top-notch for everything. The kinds of software available to me now have made my recordings sound so much better and so much easier. Some people argue that the user interface looks childish and is "made for computer-illiterate people." While it may look a little bit more glamorous and busy than the Windows user interface, it's simply something different than most people are used to. And as far as the seemingly high price goes, it's absolutely worth it. To me, this Mac has been more efficient and dependable than any Windows PC I've ever gotten my hands on. As the 21+ screen sizes may not be ideal for everyone, some of the MacBooks offer the exact same (if not better) specs in a much more portable fashion. If you are into any sort of music production, video production, etc., I urge you to give this product a shot!