Other Digestion Medicines:
Alka-Seltzer
Alka-Seltzer Heartburn - Original Tablets 72

Alka-Seltzer Heartburn - Original Tablets 72

All Natural Ingredients, No Bad Side Effects, Low Priced

Recently I found I was getting a lot of heartburn and had all of the symptoms of GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease). It was so painful it started to adversely affect my sleep and my daily activities. Even bending over to tie my shoes was painful. I tried all of the common and well known acid reduction tablets but none of them helped. I even tried using baking soda and water as a homemade remedy but the taste was so disgusting I couldn’t stand to take it more than once.

I began to worry, maybe something much worse than heartburn was wrong. I went to my doctor and got a full check up and all kinds of tests. My doctor said there was nothing wrong with me, I was in general good health, and the only problem he could see was that I was eating too much late at night, and I was getting too much fat in my diet, and should reduce spices. Well, that’s all the stuff I love – eating late at night on the weekends while watching TV is what gives me pleasure. And I love spicy food. So I asked the doctor what he would recommend if the symptoms continued and he suggested Alka-Seltzer original formula. I was shocked; I thought he was going to try to get me to take one of those expensive new prescription pills. But he said no need; he used Alka-Seltzer himself for years and recommends it for those with basic heartburn.

So I tried it and it worked!!! And it worked very fast. I was amazed. And I find the ingredients are all natural which is also a plus. I highly recommend trying this before putting expensive prescriptions in your body that have so many bad side effects. Of course you should always check with your doctor before you take any medicine, even over the counter meds.

Alka-Seltzer ... ok in a pinch.

These are definitely not the best tasting thing on the market.  The fizz is a little overwhelming if you are trying to drink it quickly.  When you have heartburn the one thing you want is relief.  Trying to choke down a nasty tasting drink is the last thing you want to do.  It would definitely be helpful if there were more flavors available.  They do seem to do the trick though.  Although I'm not sure if it's because burping the product for the next few hours is just a distraction from the heartburn or it really does curb the heartburn.  As for price, they are equal to anything else on the 'over the counter' product line.  I would rate them above any of the chalky chewable pills on the market.  At least Alka-Seltzer is easier to get down than those!

Overall this is good for a quick fix if you're in a pinch and only get heartburn occassionally.  If you have chronic heartburn I would definitely not suggest this product to you.

REVIEW on Alka-Seltzer Heartburn - Original Tablets 72

Comments about Alka-Seltzer Heartburn - Original Tablets 72:

Works soooooo goood! I can't believe I didn't use this years ago! This is a must in every household! If you do not have this, go to the nearest store to buy it! It cures headaches, stomach-aches, any kind of aches, sour stomachs, and of course the popular, hangovers! Everybody wants a cure for that! You just use it the morning after and feel the pain go away in minutes to an hour!

The effectiveness works in about a couple minutes. You can feel the headache melt away!

Easy to use! Just put the two tablets in a tall glass of water, wait until it dissolves all the way, and start chugging it! Very simple!

Immediacy
Works in minutes! Very good for hangovers!

• Immediacy:

Alka-Seltzer is a staple at our house!

from Ogden, UT

Comments about Alka-Seltzer Heartburn - Original Tablets 72:

I pretty much grew up taking Alka-Seltzer! Coming from a hispanic background, my family ate a lot of spicy food growing up! I like the original Alka-Seltzer because it gets rid of my heart-burn without the need for aspirin. I introduced my husband to Alka-Seltzer a few months ago, and he can't believe he hadn't tried it before! I like that there are usually coupons out there for Alka-Seltzer, there's only been a couple of times when we've run out and we didn't have a coupon. Alka-Seltzer really gets rid of your 'occassional' heart burn. I don't think I would recommend it for frequent heart-burn, or for daily use, only because of all the sodium in it. My husband has been taking these on days where his heart-burn is bothering him, and he probably takes it a couple of times a week. I like to take Alka-Seltzer over tums, because it works better, and to me, it tastes better as well. I would recommend it!

• Immediacy:

too salty

from Fayette City, PA

Comments about Alka-Seltzer Heartburn - Original Tablets 72:

I have been using Alka Seltzer for years for indigestion and it always worked.This most recent use caused me to rethink using it as I noticed right away how salty the taste was whennn drinking the Alka Seltzer.i am trying to stay away from extra sodium so I dont know how often I can use this.However ,it still does its job.

Alka-Seltzer Heartburn - Original 72 Tablets Indispensable

from Boston, MA

Comments about Alka-Seltzer Heartburn - Original Tablets 72:

I can't think how I would live without Alka-Seltzer. I know I take too much. It clears my mind and it allows me to eat and work; without it, it's headaches, fog, fuzziness and a bad mouth.

I think besides the soda it's the aspirine (of course, without mentioning the active ingredient! that perhaps would be OK by many other brands). The aspirine (I am told by my doctor is good for the heart) is what I swear by: it calms me, I need it twice a day, so my trick is to take one tablet at the time (most people take two): I've been on this for years now. I was not so happy to take it with water alone, so now I take it with juice and it seems to be more smoothly absorbed. Th eother trick is the 72-tablets box, to save: once it seemed to have been discontinued and I was desperate - but now if I don't find it in the pharmacies near me I can usually find it on the web. I can't tell you how expensive Alka-Seltzer is in Europe! (which is puzzling, isn't it a UK product?) When I travel I take with me as much as I can.

reliable relief

from Roanoke, VA

Comments about Alka-Seltzer Heartburn - Original Tablets 72:

I have used Alka-Seltzer for a long time an found it to br eveything the advertisements indicate. The first time I realized how well Alka-seltzer worked was in the summer of 1978. I had received a promotion on my job and was finding the new assignment a little overwhelming. I began to feel sick on my stomach. And I developed a headache. This combination of dis-ease lingered for almost 2 weeks. I was miserable and pushing myself to do every day tasks . I purchased Alka-seltzer and it worked effectively. From that time I have used Alka-seltzer whenever I have an upset stomach. I also use it for indigestion. And it has worked well for me. Be careful not to over use. This product can cause constipation. Andpeople with Asprin allergies shpuld consult their physician. With so much deceptive advertising around us I can say that the mantra of the old Alka-seltzer television commecial is true: Plop Plop fiz fiz Oh what a relief it is. .

Alka Seltzer brings Instant Relief

from Memphis, TN

Comments about Alka-Seltzer Heartburn - Original Tablets 72:

I suffer from chronic acid indigestion and occasionally vear from the appropriate diet for this condition. When this occurs, I often wake in the middle of the night with severe acid indigestion and occasionally accompanying nausea. At this point, I become almost desperate for relief. I try to always keep Alka Seltzer in my medicine cabinet. In the pill form which dissolves easily in water, it brings almost instant relief and allows me to return to a restful night's sleep so that I am ready for my busy day.

Alka-Seltzer is an amazing product!

from Davenport, IA

Comments about Alka-Seltzer Heartburn - Original Tablets 72:

I never realized what a great product Alka-Seltzer was, I can only remember trying it once as a child and at that point I thought it was gross. Fast forward about 20 years and its my saving grace on many days. I am gluten intolerant and when I get cross contaminated I get a horrible stomach ache along with severe backlash from my belly. I have recently tried this product again and it is one of the only things that has helped. The only other things that help when my stomach is hurting so bad is a narcotic stomach relaxer. It's fantastic to have a product I can get over the counter that provides much needed relief from severe stomach problems. It is not a cure, but it helps ease the pain until my body can get rid of the toxin.

The taste no longer bothers me. I almost like it. I no longer have to down it quickly. I like to make it in cold water and sip on it to help ease the bubbles into my stomach. When I gulp it, its me burp. It's basically baking soda tablets, and tastes similar to baking soda toothpaste.

Love Alka selter

from Whitehall, PA

Comments about Alka-Seltzer Heartburn - Original Tablets 72:

Me and my family have been using this brand for years. We are always satifisied with the products. I love the original alka selter heartburn tablets. I find that the box comes with a very nice amount for the price. They are super afforable and the amount it brings will last a long time. It always works great. And is fast acting. I love how easy is it to take. Just pop it in a glass of water and thats it. It doesn't taste bad at all either. I love club soda so that is probably why I dont mind the taste at all. I keep these on hand all the time. And everywhere. Work. Home. In the car etc. I just love them. And they have so many different uses too. Thats also great. THe only bad thing would have to be it does make me burp lol. But it's not such a terrible thing to make me stop using them. I would definitely recommend these to anyone. Especially if you don't like other liquids or tablets. These are nice and smooth.

Alka-Seltzer Heartburn - Original Tablets 72 is awesome!!!!!!

from Science Hill, KY

Comments about Alka-Seltzer Heartburn - Original Tablets 72:

**Alka-Seltzer Heartburn - Original Tablets 72 **is awesome!!! These have been around forever! I can remember being amazed at the fizzing of the tablets in water when I was a very little girl. I used to fix it for my father and take it to him. Well, 45 years later, I'm still fixing them and taking them myself. They are good for many things! If you eat too much rich food and just feel bad, take it...if you have heart burn, take it... if you feel a cold coming on, take it... if you have a headache, take it....if you need to alkalize your body, take it...the list goes on and on. Sometimes when I eat too much junk food, especially too many sweets or too many salty things and get a sore on my tongue, I take it and it goes away by the next day!! I cannot say enough about Alka Seltzer...I hope it is here forever and ever because it is a wonder drug in my opinion...You know, if you keep your body alkalized, sickness cannot happen to your body!

Oldie but goodie - tried and proven history

from Camarillo, CA

Comments about Alka-Seltzer Heartburn - Original Tablets 72:

"Alka-Seltzer, oh what a relief it is."

This old time remedy is still a great product for reducing tummy aches and gas. My family and I continue to take this product when needed. I only wish they would develop another commercial that stays with you like the one I can still remeber form years ago.