Other Breads:
Breads
Aldi
Aldi L'oven Fresh white bread

Aldi L'oven Fresh white bread

recently i bought several bags of the frozen biscuits L'oven

from mesquite, texs

Pros

• Delicious
  • two bags so far have had only 11 biscuits not 12

Cons

• Not Well Packaged

• Anytime

there has been 2 bags so far that only had 11 biscuits instead of 12

I used to buy but am discontinuing

from New York State

Comments about Aldi L'oven Fresh white bread:

For a year or more I have been buying the Italian L'Oven bread and I was very happy with it; it froze well, tasted fine and the texture was good. For the past month or so it appears that something has changed (besides the size of each slice). It doesn't hold up well when making a sandwhich and the bread is damp. I am going to switch again. I switched to this bread and was happy, but it seems they changed their formula or something and the quality is not there. Darn, another brand bites the dust for me.

I love these bagels,however,you need to cut them evenly.

from Tallmadge, Ohio 44278

About Me Frequent Customer

Pros

• Delicious
  • Fresh
  • Good Value
  • Well Packaged

• Breakfast

Comments about Aldi L'oven Fresh white bread:

The top is paper thin and the bottom is very thick. The top burns in the toaster before the bottom is done and the top rips when you pull it apart.

Bread that never dies.

from Mansfield Ohio

Pros

• Never Goes Bad

Cons

• Never Goes Bad

• Feeding Ducks And Geese

Comments about Aldi L'oven Fresh white bread:

I bought some of this back in early April and I forgot about a loaf I had put up. I just found that loaf today and it has *zero* mold on it. It's almost 3 months out of date and it looks like new. Even the hotdog and hamburger buns I buy from other companies will grow mold within a week or two of expiring. So apparently this bread has enough preservatives in it to embalm you.

Can't beat the price

Comments about Aldi L'oven Fresh white bread:

With a husband who eats sandwiches nearly daily and that taking up four slices a day minimum not to mention my love of PBJ's while pregnant we are going through bread like it is never being made again. Aldi has their exclusive brand of their version of white bread and it is soft and very delicious! It is just like any other brand name bread you could get on the market but no joke it is .99 in store! The only way you could get prices like that is to go to the bread stores that have expiring and day old bread! Aldi is known for having great prices but remember it is .25 to get a cart and once you return the cart you will get your precious quarter back. You also if buying more than a handful of stuff will want to take your own bags as they do not bag items for you or provide bags for free, this is to keep costs down and offer the lower prices such as this bread. They do sell bags however at .06, .10 , and even reusable bags for a little bit more.

perfectly average white bread

from Washington, DC

Comments about Aldi L'oven Fresh white bread:

It's nothing special, but the price is right. We prefer their italian-style white, which I think is the same price, but this product is just fine when the other is out of stock. I'm not sure what else someone could want to know about white bread :)

L'oven Fresh bread is simply amazing!

from Turtle Creek, PA

Comments about Aldi L'oven Fresh white bread:

L'oven Fresh bread, sold exclusively at Aldi Stores, is by far the absolute best white bread I have ever tasted. Now, I'm not talking about homemade bread or the kind you get fresh from the bakery, but rather the type that comes in the plastic bag with the accompanying bread tie.

Any other bread I have ever bought, including all of the high end brands, may be fine for a day or two, but then the familiar chemical taste and smell begins to creep in, permeating the entire taste of the bread and ruining the whole loaf. And, forget putting any other white, store-bought bread in the fridge to keep it fresher longer as it will only harden and be good for not much more than feeding the birds.

L'oven Fresh by Aldi's, on the other hand, is as fresh 10 days later as it is on the first. I've had it last for as long as two weeks, still remaining edible and without mold or hard crusts to contend with. I've been tempted to write the company and let them know just how awesome I think their brand is, but haven't yet.

In the meantime, you can be sure L'oven Fresh is always in our kitchen, always smelling fresh, and tasting the way white bread is supposed to - like bread and not a host of chemicals I can't even pronounce.