4.9
Udi's Breads and Muffins

Udi's Breads and Muffins

4.9

udi's bread is wonderful

I have just finished my first loaf of Udi's whole grain bread---this is wheat free and gluten free---and it taste like i is a gluten bread. I had a COLD sandwich and anybody that has celiac disease knows that is impossible this is possible with this bread. It is great, and the taste is just OMG!!! GOOD!!!

I have also tried the white bead---just as good---it will be great to have a PB&J again, as most celiac's know our bread is great for stuffing or crumbs or the birds it is horrible stuff, but not this....this is real and I mean REAL bread, I cried at my first sandwich....it is a must try.

They have other-items also---the blueberry muffins, these are a little too big and-they do have that gluten free spring to them, but they are still tasty, the lemon muffin's have not tried them but they look so good, pizza crusts, they will be next on my list to try....and the cinnamon rolls, again I cried eating these----they taste like a bakery roll and they are huge, they are just great.

This is a small company but are totally gluten free---so if you want real bread an still b gluten free this is the company for you.

Udi's Bread is expensive but good

I love the taste and quality of Udi's bread. However, the cost is so outrageous i could only give it an average rating. The only time i can afford Udi's is when i find it on the markdown rack. That being said, the taste is far superior to any other bread on the market. (homemade bread is still the best). If there was a way they can sell their product for less without compromising the quality i would be very pleased. I find the accessibility of their product favorable it is in two of the three grocery stores in which i shop. In my opinion Udi's is the best store bought bread there is. It is amazing with my turkey burgers. Though i am not in need of gluten free products, I am pretty sure their bread is gluten free. It would be great if there were also coupons in which to buy this bread. I have only had the bread. I haven't tried the muffins, but can only imagine they would also be incredible.

Soft and Hearty whole grain Gluten free bread

Comments about Udi's Breads and Muffins:

Is very close to a regular tasting bread. It is excellent toasted. Does not crumble as most Gluten Free breads tend to do. The price is high at my grocery store. I can get it from 4.49 to 4.99 on sale. Normally about 5.99 without the sale. It freezes well. I take out what I want for the day and return to the freezer so it remains fresh. My husband who does not have to eat gluten free ate some in a pinch and said it was really good. I have not eaten it not toasted so I can not rate that.

A new lease on normal eating.

Comments about Udi's Breads and Muffins:

My son with celiac disease has tried so many different GF breads but Udi's white sandwich is the only one he will eat. It is much more moist and lighter than most GF breads. It toasts greatly! It has allowed him to eat somewhat normally again and we would highly recommend it to anyone!

Love this product! outstanding!

Comments about Udi's Breads and Muffins:

I have celiac disease and I can't eat flour. I tried all Udi's products and I love them all. Please keep them coming. Love love love ur products. Thank u for giving me something to eat and taste good as the normal food that I used to have and even better. Can't say enough to thank u.

Gluten free goodness in every slice!

Comments about Udi's Breads and Muffins:

For the first time in 2 years I was able to eat a grilled cheese sandwich! It was wonderful! I was able to get Audi's at Earthfare in the refrigerated section. Other stores usually keep it in the freezer, so I try to buy from Earthfare as much as possible. They also have a whole wheat blend that is amazing! I would recommend this brand above any other when it comes to bread. Katz is good,but their bread doesn't compare.

Udi's bread is a favorite at my school.

from Greenville, SC

Comments about Udi's Breads and Muffins:

I work as a dietician in a university. In the past few years more and more of our students have been advised to eliminate gluten from their diet. We have worked very hard to try to provide foods that the students can safely eat. I purchased several other types of gluten free breads before I discovered the Udi's at the recommendation of a student. The Udi's is so much better than the other breads which we have tried. It looks and tastes like "normal" bread. It has a good texture and actually smells like real bread--some of the gluten free breads have a "chemical" smell. It is good right out of the package unlike some of the other brands which need to be toasted to make them palatable. I have found it at several stores in our area and buy it by the case at one of our local grocery stores.

Udi's bread and muffins taste amazing, texture feels like gluten

Comments about Udi's Breads and Muffins:

There are two gluten-free breads available in my area that I go between. Udi's and Rudi's both have their varieties, and I like them both in different ways.

I absolutely LOVE the taste of Udi's bread more. For some reason, the Rudi's crust has this bitter aftertaste, which doesn't seem so prevalent when I'm using it for a sandwich but stands out when I'm using it for toast or bread pudding. Not so with Udi's bread.

The loaves are really small, and since they're pretty expensive, the cost per slice is a bit much when compared to regular wheat bread. But it is SO worth the price!

I've tried the blueberry muffins and cinnamon rolls, too, and it's just amazing how any of this can be accomplished with being dairy, wheat, and soy free. It tastes like going to a coffee shop and getting a muffin or a cinnamon roll from the counter! I haven't had a muffin in years. This was such a huge treat for me :).

One caveat I don't like about the bread is that it can have holes in the middle. I often have to sift through the loaf and see if there are any slices with large holes -- then I just save those for toast instead of sandwiches.

Udi's Gluten Free bread makes me feel human again!

from Saint Paul, MN

Comments about Udi's Breads and Muffins:

Having Celiac Disease and having to eat gluten free foods, and been a huge lifestyle change for me the past few years. I never thought I would be able to eat a decent bread again, and I was so happy to find Udi's gluten free bread! It does not have that horrible flavor, and it not hard as cardboard. Works great for toast, sandwiches, grilled cheese, toasty dogs, and so much more! I feel human again!

Udi's breads, bagels and more are great for those with Celiac.

from Cranston, RI

Comments about Udi's Breads and Muffins:

Since my husband was diagnosed with Celiac five years ago, we have both modified our eating habits.   At first it was very hard to find products that were gluten free as well as products that tasted good.   Udi's is as close to bread products with gluten.  Now my husband and I can have a sandwich, use the bread for bread crumbs, or have a bagel and it tastes like the real thing.  To prevent it from drying out, we keep it in the fridge or freezer and only use what we need.

Udi's Bread is expensive but good

from Erie, CO

Easy and Delicious!

from Temecula, CA

Comments about Udi's Breads and Muffins:

We have tried so many prepackaged gluten free breads, we had almost given up from disappointment. I'm so glad we didn't!! This bread is wonderful. It stays together remarkably well AND tastes good.

We can use it for toast, sandwiches and french toast. It also holds up well with butter, as a complement to stews or as garlic bread. Unlike other gluten free breads it also has a light airy texture which our whole family enjoys.

Udi's bread makes my life easier. Instead of buying a bread mix and baking it myself I can go to the grocery store (just like all the other moms) and pick up an already baked bag of bread. Everything that we have tried, made by Udi's was delicious. This bread also does well in the freezer, we buy a couple loafs at a time and pull them out when we are ready to use them. A word of caution though, it tends to dry out quickly on the counter. I prefer to keep it in the fridge.