Other Kitchen Home Improvements:
Cabinetry, Kitchen, Misc. Home Improvement, Paint
Restorz-It
Restorz-It Wood Finish

Love it!

Used this on my coffee and lamp table that were badly damaged! I am so pleased and delighted with the results!

Las Vegas, Nevada

This is a FANTASTIC product

The house I bought is 10 years old and the front door was severely damaged by the elements and the inside was just as bad.It had never been cared for. Restorz-It was so easy and fast and the door looks brand new. My neighbor told me they paid $600 to have their door refinished 5 years ago!

Dallas, TX

I couldn't be happier!

I bought a 30 year old house 3 yeas ago. Fixed up all of it except the kitchen due to cost. I am ready to get new countertops and started pricing out cabinet makeovers to get rid of the oak color. 4,000 was not an option! I turned to the internet and found this product. I was Leary, and the review that talked about a sticky feel after completed made me hope they were a rare case. I did all my cabinets even though the upper cabinets were ok. I cleaned as directed and then 24 hours later stained. I saved the worst for last and I was so happy to wipe the stain on and see everything change before my eyes. I couldn't stop smiling. It dried to the touch quickly. I left the cabinets open all night. The next day I did a light second coat just on the surface fronts. The third day I noticed I missed the hinge side of the doors and touched up those. I also did my bathroom vanity and I have 1/4 bottle left over. I love it and hope it lasts. It feels great and looks amazing. It darkened a little bit I think just because they were so worn out. I have before and after pics but don't see a choice to add them

Utah

Restorz-It is Awesome!!!

The first time I have used a product that TOTALLY lived up to all its claims! I have a wood dining room table from 1927, that had been refinished once before, but was worn to bare wood in spots. ONE coat of Restorz-It and...no hype...the finish looked brand new. Even the raw wood areas covered beautifully. Satin finish, no streaks and very, very easy to apply. I spent more time cleaning the table before applying the product than I did applying the product to the entire table. I can hardly wait to use it on my kitchen cabinets! It comes in three color shades to easily match most woods.

Gresham, OR

true

Thought these cabinets were ready for the dump!

After 42 years of looking at my pine wood cabinets I thought they had done their job and needed to be retired to the dump. I couldn't afford to redo my kitchen though, so I was trying to look for used cabinets or re-facing. I came upon the restorz-it site by accident and took a closer look. It seemed plausible after looking at the photos so I decided to give it a try and felt I had nothing to lose. My cabinets were so worn down that around the pulls there was an area of about a 4" diameter that had absolutely no finish left (it had originally been polyurethane)and also was so worn that the wood was worn right off in that area. I really didn't believe I could get such great coverage of those areas but you would hardly notice them now. They blended right in along with all the other places that finish had rubbed off and scratches had discolored the wood. I wouldn't say they look like new, but my kitchen is clean and shiny and beautiful again! The cleaner worked wonderfully and I can't wait to clean other wood doors and things in my home. I would recommend this to anyone for any wood furniture.

Petersburg, NY

true

HOLY MOLY...seriously changed my perspective!!!

My very first refinishing/refurbishing venture and this product made me fall in love with the entire experience! I have the most beautiful 10 piece set of Amish made patio furniture however, I've been very busy working blah blah blah and had sorely neglected it for about 8-10 years. It had an original light lacquer finish on it and even though it was a covered area, the sun crept in from all angles and did extremely severe damage to it. I was so ashamed to allow this beautiful furniture to be destroyed! I researched the web and watched various tutorials and decided to take a leap of faith and try Restorz-it. I used the recommended cleaner from them and purchased the medium shade product. The first several coats were just sucked up by the thirsting wood. Each coat dried very fast (outside in June). After several light applications, the wood became sealed again and the transformation was absolutely amazing. The finish now is darker (as I had hoped) and my pieces are now even more stunning than when I purchased them. This product is just easy to apply and quick to give results. This entire experience was one of the most gratifying things that I've ever done. Watching the wood transform with each swipe of my hand was like breathing life back into my beautiful pieces. I am so proud of myself and my finished furniture that I have decided to continue refurbishing as a hobby! Honestly, I am so happy with the performance of Restorz-it...I just felt compelled to share my experience. I hope this review is helpful and gives someone else the confidence to jump in and try it as well. Thank You! Elaine Lents

Tennessee

true

This product did a fantastic job!

A housekeeping friend and I applied Restore-It Wood Finish cleaner and restorer a year ago. I wanted to wait to review until a year had passed. At this point, I can say I am so happy with Restorz-It. My cabinets look as good today as they did the day we finished the cleaning and refinishing. It took the two of us a total of about 9 hours to do the job (that was three 2-4-hour sessions together). I have a lot of cabinets. Though most were in pretty good condition, I did not want to wait until there was damage to repair. We followed instructions carefully first cleaning, then waiting about a week and then applying the first coat of refhnish and then abut 5 days later the second coat. Because I dd not want to do a full stripping and refinishing, I did the job before that much work was needed. I've refinshed cabinets before using a "wipe/rub-on finish and wanted to do that again. I am not a good brush stroke painter. Restorz-It had great reviews so I decided to try it on a couple of cabinets and see how it worked. It was good. There were 6 cabinets with more "wear" around the knobs that had to be cleaned and prepped more than all the others, but that's to be expected (sink area and high use cabinets). Still, it worked with just a little extra effort. I did those cabinets first so I was feeling confident when we took on the remaining cabinets that were still in great shape. And, good news for us, we found Restorz-It did not have heavy fumes or worrisome odors and chemicals. It dries to touch quickly (though needs to "cure" before use) It's been a little over a year since we restored the cabinets and I am about to clean some of the high use cabinets and put another coat of restorer on them to keep the job in great shape. I sure don't want to lose that great look! I am pleased and recommend this product--but DO follow the instructions, including cleaning methods and drying time. It won't look good to put the restorer on a poorly prepared surface.

North Carolilna

Amazing!!!

Really happy how well this product worked! Used on a 50 year old coffee table, night stand tops, and dining table and chairs. I had some light water marks on the table and used #0000 steel wool first, and then applied the restorzit, turned out beautiful! The chairs were so dull and nicked up my husband thought we should get rid of them, after two coats of restorzit he said they look like new!

J, Round Rock, TX

true

WOW, you would not believe my 100 year old stairs.

First off order both the wood cleaner and refinishing product. I have a home that is 100 years old, and since I purchased the home never saw the wood on the steps as I was always at work when carpet was put in. I now have free time, hate sitting around, and decided to do the interior hall and stairs from 1 to 2 floor. I needed a product that has low VOC as I have Asthma. Went to hardware store initially, and they sold me another product. It took me 2 days to remove the other product before I discovered Restorz-It. I AM NOT KIDDING when I say if you follow the directions carefully, the RESTORZ-IT works wonderfully. The cleaner helped me after I had sanded the stairs I tried the other product on. I did every other stair first, as I wanted the cats to have the freedom to go up and down. Restorz-It made dog stains from the previous owner almost completely disappear. I knew it was under the carpet, but never saw how much damage there was. Do not forget find yourself old CLEAN socks, as they do not hold as much of the product as does cotton t shirts. FOLLOW directions, and you should easily get 13 stair treads, and two landings out of the product. I will be ordering the medium next so that I can do my window sills that have faded. RESTORZ-IT made my job easy on my lungs, and animal friendly (maybe if you have a dog) do 1/2 of the stairs, and block it with string so they know which side to use. My cats knew to step every other step. Thank you to the staff for talking me through the process, and being there if I had a question. I wish I had extra cleaner just to clean up wax build up on my bathroom and kitchen floors. MMMM it smells so good.

Milwaukee WI

true

After a few stumbles I think I have it right....

I gave this only 4 stars because my project is not yet finished. I am impressed with the ease that I was able to ask phone only questions (no email or chat - con) BUT considering the MANY calls I made they helped every time! I came to one BIG conclusion - when choosing which color to buy - match the LIGHTEST parts of your wood. I chose medium but my table had light areas that I could see stripes of finish in....so they are sending me a bottle of light at no charge! I will receive it tomorrow - but I think if I had known to match the lightest parts of the wood, I could have spared myself a lot of sanding.... It goes on very easily if you're not worried about striping - but honestly - if you have a little stain to patch the scraped up parts - just get the lightest one and use it as you would a clear finish.....

Sioux Falls, SD