2.4

2.4

Pros

Cons

• Shipping and Returns:

Best deals for shoes online...

I came across this site while bargain hunting for work boots for my boyfriend.  He got a great deal and the boots were shipped VERY quickly.

Since we had such a great...Read complete review

Since we had such a great experience with his boots, I decided to bargain hunt there for myself.  I just ordered boots from them, which were cheaper than even auction sites were.  Not only did I have a "coupon" for 20% off, but by registering with the site I also got an extra 10% off.  From now on whenever I use Shoebuy.com I will get that extra 10% off.  Plus there's always free shipping!

The shipping is really fast.  I received my boots within two days of placing my order.  Some sites take three times that long just to process orders, let alone process, ship and be delivered that quickly.

The site says there is free shipping on returns too.  I was kind of worried about this, in case my boots didn't fit.  I had already tried to boots on at a physical store, before placing my order, so I didn't have to worry about it this time.  But next time I won't do that since it costs less to have them shipped, and to return them and get a different size, than it is to drive to a store to find the right size first!

I am so glad I stumbled on this site.  I love shoes and can't wait to expand my collection and save money at the same time!

Oh and I also just found out they sell handbags too.  That's my next online adventure!  :)

Here is what you need to know before ordering!!!

More than 80% of the listed products (on shoebuy.com, bagsbuy.com, outletbuy.com, clothesbuy.com...) they don't actually hold in stock themselves. They resell products for other vendors with warehouses all over the...Read complete review

More than 80% of the listed products (on shoebuy.com, bagsbuy.com, outletbuy.com, clothesbuy.com...) they don't actually hold in stock themselves. They resell products for other vendors with warehouses all over the US.
If you place an order they forward it to the particular warehouse. Some warehouses ship directly others send the product to their main warehouse from where it will be shipped to you.
This is why shipping and processing can take from only a couple of days to weeks and why people are discribing very different experiences with their services. It is also the reason why retruning an item is always so time consuming and often causes troubles.
As for international orders, those only ship those from one specific location meaning every package has to get there first before it will be shipped by DHL Express and this process can take very long!
Their customer service is mediocre at most. They will put you on hold for 20min on average, so if you don't live in the US use Skype and call the toll free number (for free) otherwise it will cost you a fortune. Don't expect the casual friendliness you get with most US customer services. They have little motivation to actually help you, they just want you to hang off the phone and they do not care a bit whether you order from them again or not.

Horrible overall service

from Lexington ky

Comments about ShoeBuy.com:

I will never do business with shoe buy again or recommend to anyone. My order has been a headache and a nightmare. Customer service is poor, gives inaccurate information, the tracking information entered was incorrect. I contacted shoebuy numerous times and a few days ago and all of a sudden I have a new tracking number! I have a feeling this was sent a week later because a company error, when I called to cancel the order because of the slow shipping and poor service I would be charged a $7 fee! I have worked customer service for 10 years and discussed refusing the package, she said I still would be charged even know f I said return to sender and did not open the package. Terrible service all around! What a waste of a few hours of my life!!!
DO NOT PURCHASE FROM THIS COMPANY

Aug. 2015 Shoebuy Return Policy a TOTAL Turnoff

from Boston

Comments about ShoeBuy.com:

I have bought from Shoebuy in the past. I have narrow feet and appreciate online shoe shopping. My "MO" has often been buying two sizes and returning. Shoebuy never emailed to say they changed their policy and you don't know until you return some that there is now a 6.95 restocking fee unless you exchange. I called to ask for a "pass" as this was my first time under the new policy. Why would I buy two of the same style if I knew this policy? Customer Service was unsympathetic - almost nasty. I went up a level. Same thing. They turned off a customer of 6.95. I had one other pair in my order which I exchanged (phew, free). Held on to the original, and then when I had the two, I decided to keep the first - it did fit better. Again, they wanted 6.95. How can one buy shoes one pair at a time, especially when it take several days? Shoebuy, you are going to be in trouble now. It hardly seems worth it. I'll have to be desperate to look at your site again.

I won't give them any more of my money

from Crystal Beach, Tx

Comments about ShoeBuy.com:

Ordered the product Nov 21 thinking it would be here in a week or so. The order was not filled until Nov 30. It took until Dec 9 to get here. Wanted the shoes for a Christmas party on the 5th. Thanks Shoebuy, not only for a more expensive shoe, but one that didn't arrive in a timely manner. Called customer service, only to be answered by someone who just did not care. Told me it had shipped, when in fact it had not. Poor customer service, high prices, slow shipping. There are too many shoe stores out there to put up with it.

Never Again

from NJ

Comments about ShoeBuy.com:

I have been shopping with ShoeBuy since I bought my wedding day shoes in 2007. The biggest appeal of the website was always the large selection and free shipping and returns. The experiences were always positive until this week. I ordered winter coats and snow boots in various sizes and styles with the intention of returning the unwanted products, just as I have always done. I go online today to print my return labels easy easy like always and much to my surprise I see the almost $7 restocking fee per item. As a long time customer I feel deceived, as the company does not warn of the fee prior to purchase. I can understand that companies sometimes need to make changes to their practices and policies, however the way in which ShoeBuy has done it feels shady. Long time customers kept coming back because of the selection and the former return policy, but based on the newest reviews it seems like that's going to change. I will never use this website again, I will never recommend it to anyone again, and I have to spread the word to my family and friends I turned on to this site to shop elsewhere. I did contact customer service directly, the woman I spoke with was friendly and understanding (Tania), but ultimately skirt around the issue. Now I'm stuck with $28 in fees, about what I "saved" during their "sale".

THEY DON'T VALUE CUSTOMERS

from MICHIGAN'S THUMB

Comments about ShoeBuy.com:

NO CUSTOMER SERVICE HERE! ORDERED 4 PAIRS OF SHOES FOR MY HARD-TO-FIT DAUGHTER AND WHEN THEY DID NOT WORK, SEARCHED HIGH AND LOW FOR WEEKS LOOKING FOR A PACKING SLIP THAT NEVER EXISTED. APPARENTLY, THEY DO NOT PLACE A PACKING SLIP WITHIN THE SHIPPING BOX -- ONLY SENDS EMAILS. ALL EMAILS WENT TO SPAM! I DID NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT LOOKING IN EMAIL BECAUSE EVERY COMPANY THAT I ORDER FROM PLACES A PACKING SLIP FOR RETURNS IN THE SHIPPING BOX, NOW I AM STUCK WITH 4 PAIRS OF NARROW SHOES THAT NO ONE FITS -- I ASKED IF I COULD JUST SEND THEM BACK FOR NO CREDIT AND I WAS TOLD THEY WOULD JUST SEND THEM BACK TO ME -- WHAAAAAT??? I WAS GIVING THESE UNWORN, TOTALLY NEW SHOES BACK AND THEY DO NOT WANT THEM. NEEDLESS TO SAY, I WILL NEVER BUY FROM THEM AGAIN AND I DO NOT RECOMMEND ANYONE ELSE PURCHASING FROM THEM UNLESS THEY READ ALL THE FINE PRINT. I WAS TOLD THAT THEIR RETURN POLICY IS CLEARLY STATED ON THEIR WEB SITE AND WHEN I ASKED WHERE, I WAS TOLD UNDER THE HELP SECTION - READ THAT BEFORE YOU ORDER...AND DO NOT SEARCH FOR A PACKING SLIP AS IT WONT BE THERE!!

TERRIBLE COMPANY

from Midwest.

Comments about ShoeBuy.com:

Poor customer service. Snarky and dismissive supervisor. Misleading information - person first encountered, a girl,was very nice but could not help with the problem. Sent me to supervisor. Supervisor dismissed what I was told by her by simply stating "she is new" ... as if that was not the company's problem, taking no responsibility for what their employees tell or promise to customers. One package came with torn and bashed outer AND inner shoe box. Supervisor told me to find my own return shipping box. I then asked for the "restocking fee" to be refunded since I would be doing all the work. Supervisor did not offer any assistance until pressed further and threw the problem off to UPS. Ordered two pair of boots - return shipping labels NOT included with EITHER box of boots. Didn't offer to send - had to be asked!! THIS COMPA NY HAS GONE WAY DOWN HILL IN RECENT YEARS. Will NEVER deal with Shoebuy again. BUYER BEWARE!!

CHANGED RETURN POLICY WITHOUT NOTICE

from NEW YORK

Comments about ShoeBuy.com:

I have been buying shoes from shoebuy.com for years, they always had free returns. On August first they QUIETLY changed this policy without telling their customers. I did my customary back to school order. I ordered a few sizes to see which fit and when I returned the others i got hit with 70 dollars in "restocking fees" 6.95 per shoe. When i asked for a one time waiver, they were obnoxious and unwilling. They would not explain why there was no notice. When i told them their website still says free returns they said that was due to cookies. I will never be using them again, and neither should you.

Hiddeous Experience withe Shoebuy.com

from Raymond, NH

Comments about ShoeBuy.com:

After being a customer for over 10 years, I got an order where one pair of slippers was missing and the other was oddly stretched out (come to find out, it was USED). When I tried to get a resolution through Customer Service, I spoke with three of the rudest, more unyielding people I've had the displeasure of dealing with. I will never again buy from shoebuy.com. I don't trust the quality of their merchandise, and I don't ever want to have to deal with their customer service department again... ever!

BUYER BEWARE! RUN AWAY!!!

Not customer-oriented, poor return policy

Comments about ShoeBuy.com:

Shoebuy.com might offer some good discounts, but in this case, you definitely get what you pay for. I ordered a pair of hiking boots from them, but wasn't sure of the fit. I wore them outside for a short hike, and developed terrible blisters. In addition, the boots had a defect where the liner dye would stain white socks. Given this, I attempted a return, be received the same hiking boots a few days later with a note stating that the soles were dirty/worn, and they could not be re-sold. True, there was a small amount of dirt on the soles, but they showed no wear. In addition, the boots were in perfect condition, otherwise - no scuff marks, etc.

When I reached customer service, I was just told over and over their policy that shoes must be unworn to be returned. They were not willing to work with me at all. Sorry, but it is nearly impossible to determine if shoes will be a good fit unless you wear them a little. In an attempt to save some money (though the boots were still expensive with their discount), I am now out that money and stuck with hiking boots I cannot wear. I f you do make the mistake of ordering from them, do not move when you try the shoes on - they will use any sign that you walked in the shoes to refuse a return.

Most stores will accept returns on merchandise, even if it has been worn, in order to retain customers. Not Shoebuy - that might cost them some short-term profit. I won't make the mistake of shopping with them again.

The website was fairly easy to use. Getting in touch with someone in customer service can be difficult.

Product Selection
They are have a selection of shoes.

Product Pricing
Some shoes are given good discounts, but these tend to be the lower quality merchandise. Other better quality products are priced no better than the local shoe store. Also, be careful - promo codes do not work with all their products (and you won't find this out until checkout).

Customer Service
Very poor. Customer service did nothing to attempt to solve my issue, just continued to repeat their return policies over and over (to the point of being annoying).

Shipping and Returns
Shipping is slow.

Their return policy is extremely stringent, with no flexibility. When they say shoes must not have been worn, they mean it. If shoes show any wear whatsoever (even if they are in perfect condition, otherwise), they will no accept a return, and you will be stuck for the full cost.

Easy With Returns

from Palm Bay, FL

Comments about ShoeBuy.com:

I once got a $25 ShoeBuy credit from a sweepstakes and I decided to go ahead and use it. I got a pair of sandals that I thought I might like and shipping is always free. It was around $35 total. Once I got them they were hideous on my feet. I considered just donating them or trying to sell them, but I decided it was worth it to get my little amount of cash back. They also have free returns, so I just packaged up the item and sent it back. Within a week or so, I got the $10 credited back to my account. It would have been nice if they would have refunded my sweepstakes win, but they didn't, and I didn't ask them to. I would recommend the site for the free and fast shipping, and the free and easy returns. I will say that as a 20-something, I had difficulty finding shoes I liked. I felt they were targeted towards a different age. The sandals I ended up getting reminded me of someone more mature.