Other E-commerce Websites:

puritan.com

Pros

Cons

• Shipping and Returns:

Good value despite cheesy look

My family first began receiving Puritan's Pride catalogs over a decade ago.  Then, I lived with my dad. His first catalog was addressed to "The Rev. Frank J. Rudmann". Which cracked us all up, since my dad was by NO means a minister!

Aside from the funny salutation and slightly cheesy, hyperactive copy in the catalog, we began ordering products from Puritan's Pride for my mother, who needed several supplements due to a medical condition. The product arrived quickly, were packed well, and appeared to be a good value for the money.

After I became more and more involved in the alternative health field as a researcher, writer, and herbalism student, I began studying the Puritan's Pride products more closely. I do still take their vitamins, particularly Vitamin C, and I wouldn't hesitate to order from them again and again. Their quick shipping, good value, and excellent selection make it worthwhile.

I am concerned, however, by the ingredients list on some products. Added dyes and preservatives appear in some vitamins and supplements. If you're taking vitamins and supplements for your health, why add more unnatural ingredients?

Puritan's Pride catalogs still wait for me in my catalog holder in the family room, since I do plan to order some herbs again from them. I would recommend them to anyone, but would caution everyone to carefully read the ingredients list and skip anything with artificial ingredients.

You get what you pay for!

I have tried this brand/website many times with poor results. The shipping price is great as well as the vitamin prices. Unfortunately, you get what you pay for. Here is an example for you, I have a problem with keeping my iron up. I get my iron checked regularly. I tried a taking the recommended dosage of one of their more potent iron supplements a day before as well as the morning of my next check up. My iron level remained unchanged. My mother sent me an expensive bottle of equal amount of potency and I did the same thing (recommended dosage the day before and the morning of) and my iron turned up in a healthy range.I have had similar experiences with different supplements of theirs and of other more expensive brands. Same results every time.However, as far as pricing goes, they have GREAT prices and low shipping costs. Their shipping method is very fast. They often have deals that help you to save even MORE and with the pros I still continue to TRY their products. I think this last shipment I am expecting will be the last time I shop for vitamins through Puritan's Pride. I will be on a mission for a website with the best prices on the higher quality supplements and most likely will post a review on them after another trial run.I don't recommend this brand if you want the **best** results but if you only need small doses of certain supplements, I suggest getting the highest Puritan's Pride potency for minimal results.

Great site for specific products

from Texas

Comments about puritan.com:

I bought some shampoo from this site to help with my husband's dandruff. We couldn't find the shampoo he was looking for easily but were able to find it at puritan.com. The prices were great and the items came quickly.

The site has a lot of products, but it's easy to navigate and find what you are looking for by using the search engines and filters.

Product Selection
Tons of products to choose from.

Product Pricing
The products are a very good price and what makes it even better is they often run sales such as buy one get one free. I like coming to this site from time to time for great deals. I think the sales make it worthwhile but I wouldn't buy from this site if I had to pay full price without a sale or deal.

Customer Service
Customer service is great, you can even chat with them online if you have an issue that needs resolving.

Shipping and Returns
Shipping is a littler slower than average but it's always accurate so it's worth the wait. I haven't had to do any returns so I don't know much about their policy.

• Shipping and Returns:

Unreasonable refund processing time due to high volume returns.

Comments about puritan.com:

Why does Purtan's Pride have an excessive number of returns? Presently if there is a problem with product it takes 3 to 4 weeks for refund. They claim the warehouse is air conditioned but product arrived from non air-conditioned UPS. Outside temperature on arrival was above 100 degrees. Product was hot to touch and product was fused inside bottles to inside of bottle. Google research showed that some vitamins to be unstable in high heat. UPS truck temperature must have been well above 100 degrees for all of the bottles to be extremely hot to touch and the protective air bags to have deflated during shipping. Puritan's Pride unable and unwilling to process refund in a timely manner.

See above

Similar to other companies

Product Pricing
Similar to other company offerings.

Customer Service
Unable and unwilling to process refund in reasonable time. Puritan's Pride stated they have a high volume of returns. Why???

This is a great website

from chicago Illinois

Comments about puritan.com:

I love shopping this website because you can find just about every health product you can imagine on this site.

The site has great search engines and filters. I can very easily navigate the site without my search results being everything but what I was looking for.

Product Selection
The site has everything. They have tons of different supplements and protein powders. They have all the rights herbs for whatever ails you. They have everything in any category you can name.

Product Pricing
Their prices are great, because everything you purchase is most likely, buy one, get one. I seek those out most of the time because that really makes me feel like I am getting the best deal from the site.

Customer Service
Their customer service department is superb. They are always willing to assist in any way they can, and they always go that extra mile to make sure you are happy with your purchases.

Shipping and Returns
They have really good shipping rates, and the returns are even better. It is worth it to purchase all your supplements from this site.

• Shipping and Returns:

Good Priced Vitamins and Supplements.

from Blackwell, OK

Comments about puritan.com:

Puritan.com supplements and vitamins are of good decent quality. The prices are much better here than most other online vitamin sites. Besides this, shipping is always free to the continental 48 states, which is better than most other sites online.

It's easy to navigate around Puritan Pride's site, I can always find just what I'm looking for very easily.

Product Selection
They have an enormous selection of vitamin, minerals and herbal supplements. I first started purchasing Puritan's Pride on eBay. Then I decided to look it up and found that they had their own site. Now I shop there for some of my vitamins and most of my herbal supplements. The quality of their items is decent at bargain prices.

Product Pricing
You can find many vitamins and herbal supplements at better prices on Puritans.com than any other site online. The quality may not be extremely high, but it's not of poor quality either. I have always been happy with the herbal supplements and vitamins I buy from Puritan's Pride.

Shipping and Returns
You get free shipping from Puritans.com on all orders, which is much better than places like eBay and Amazon half of the price goes to shipping sometimes.

• Shipping and Returns:

Great products at great prices.

from Pearl, MS

Comments about puritan.com:

Puritan's Pride is one of my favorite websites to order my supplements and natural products from. They always have great coupon codes for percentages off and free shipping. They always have sales on their stuff too! Most of their vitamins are buy 1, get 2 free. Same goes for some of their natural beauty products.

The website is fairly easy to navigate and ordering is easy as well. You can even use Paypal as a payment choice.

Product Selection
They have millions of different supplements and beauty products. They even have healthy snacks and other things that are all natural.

Product Pricing
They always have sales. They'll have Buy 1, Get 2 free with free shipping and like 20 percent off! You can really get some great deals. I find the items I use like shaving cream are cheaper on this site than others.

Customer Service
Customer service is great. They even have a chat box so you can instantly chat with someone if you have a question.

Shipping and Returns
Shipping takes a bit, but I think it's worth the wait.

Discount price, discount quality

from Utah

Comments about puritan.com:

I like using this site to buy supplements when I am looking for a lower price. These Puritan's Pride supplements are a cheaper price, but they are also a cheaper quality than others that I have used. They are better than the cheapest (like Walmart), but I have used higher quality supplements as well.

The site is very easy to navigate through different types of supplements, and the search bar allows me to search for specific supplements quickly. Generally, the search bar is pretty accurate and helps me find exactly what I am looking for based off of my search terms.

Product Pricing
These products are a very good price compared to some other brands, and they often run sales such as buy one get one free. The quality is good enough that I am still willing to use the site, and I do like coming here for great deals. In my opinion, the sales make it worthwhile and lead me to buy some, while I do not buy at full price.

Great Ordering Company

Comments about puritan.com:

Puritan's Pride is an upstanding vitamin manufacturer. I, along with my family, have purchased from them for years. These vitamins are pure, safe, and trusted. Puritan's Pride offers competitive prices and wonderful support in their customer service department. I cannot say enough good things about this company.

The most effective vitamins i have ever taken.

Comments about puritan.com:

Superb quality and very effective. Puritan's Pride makes the best, highest quality vitamins I have ever taken and the cost is outstanding. I have been using these vitamins for a few years now and my Doctor told me that Puritan's vitamins D and B12 are working superbly and to keep taking them. My blood tests came out great so it's easy to tell if Puritan's Pride vitamins are working or not and they are working superbly.

Few filler ingredients.Great product.

from Springdale, UT

Comments about puritan.com:

I have to say this is probably the top brand of supplements for me.I think what gets me the most is the variety they offer.My favorite supplement is the Co Q10.It is the best quality of this supplement I have ever found.The capsules are never bulky and hard to swallow.They are easy to take.There is never a taste to them or a film around the tablet to get left behind on your tongue.When rating supplement brands I always keep those two qualities in mind.They really matter.It is easy for me to take this supplement everyday.The price of the supplements is very competitive and makes it easy to continue taking this.The selection is also great for this brand because it has really rare minerals I don't find from other popular brands.The ingredients in the supplements are top quality and when I read through the ingredients list there aren't a lot of fillers.The ingredients are mostly natural.

A brand with variety

Comments about puritan.com:

I like this brand of multi vitamins, vitamins , and minerals of many types so I can get any vitamin or mineral supplements that I want or need whether it be for me an adult or a supplement for my children. There is a wide variety to choose from every time I shop for a certain vitamin or mineral supplement for someone in my family to take. Most of my stores by me carry this brand of vitamins and minerals so I can usually find them to purchase. This is not a usual brand for some stores to carry so when I find these I buy them in bulk because they are such good vitamins. These vitamins and minerals cost less than a lot of brands so I always get a good deal. I have noticed that some of the local health food stores carry this brand sometimes more than the other stores. I like vitamins that are made without a lot of other added ingredients and these vitamins are made with natural ingredients so it is a good option for me.