Other Baby Carriers:
infantino Swift Classic Comfort Baby Carrier

infantino Swift Classic Comfort Baby Carrier

Cheap, Works, but Beware Hip Displacement

Comments about infantino Swift Classic Comfort Baby Carrier:

I bought this to use with our newborn as we had an Ergo (which I was so excited about) but our daughter was not comfortable in the Ergo, even with the infant insert. She cried and cried. Since she liked to be carried a lot, and I think baby-wearing is valuable, I needed something to put her in, and I didn't want to spend a lot of money. The Infantino carrier is super cheap, but constructed decently. I liked that it was compact enough that I could have it with me when we were out in public without it taking up too much room. One big downside, that I did not find out about until after we had used it, was how this style of baby carrier puts stress on an infants hips by flexing them out (the legs should not dangle, they should be up and bent like a frog). Luckily, our daughter is now two and does not have any hip issues, but we never kept her in this for long periods, just enough to run through the grocery or get some chores done in the house. If you use this, read up about baby hips and the proper alignment.

• Safety:
  • Baby's Comfort:
  • Parents' Comfort:

My husband uses this more than I do!

from Salem, SC

Comments about infantino Swift Classic Comfort Baby Carrier:

This baby carrier is so easy to use! Infantino has really made this carrier with convenience in mind. It's not hard to put the baby in and snap a few interlocking plastic clips. Plus, it's not hard on your back. The way the carrier crosses on your back helps to distribute the weight of the baby. He once wore it for more than an hour when we were on a tour. He did say that towards the end, it got a little uncomfortable. There is a detacheable bib on the front, which is great for washing. (Our little guy used to drool a lot.) The plain black color is great, too. Black goes with everything! If it were too cutesy, i'm not sure my husband would feel as comfortable wearing it around. At 8-months, our son still fits in it!

Our baby seems to enjoy it as well. He gets to look forward at everything, and he gets really happy about that. He waves his little arms and legs around like he's propelling himself with body movements and mind control. It's really cute!