Other Baby Carriers:

BabyBjorn Synergy Baby Carrier

Pros

Cons

• Parents' Comfort:

I finally have two hands again!

If you have a baby and need two hands this is perfect.  The synergy was my choice because I wanted the extra back support and the cool mesh material.  It turned out perfect.  Baby girl loves it, she is very comfortable and always has to see what is going on so facing out is my only option for her.  Facing out is a feature most carriers do not offer, thank you baby bjorn.  This carrier is very comfy and safe for baby which is most important for me, but luckily I find it comfy and easy to use as well.  It is very easy to operate and the fact that you can open the seat completly and take baby out w/o waking is a super plus.  Also the synergy has a built in mesh bag which makes storage and taking on the go very easy(would fit in a large diapy bag).  And yes my back does start to hurt after a while, but when you add 16 xtra lbs who's back is not gonna hurt, it hurts just carrying her in my arms so there you go.  I would NOT trade this for any other carrier on the market I have tried a few(10 different ones in all).  Pay the price it will pay for itself in the first week, I promise.  Oh if baby is teething or a chewer get some bjorn bibs made for the carriers they are a plus to have for droowling baby.

Black BabyBjorn Baby Carrier Synergy Mesh Material

The babybjorn synergy in mesh material baby carrier is an awesome product to help you carry your baby without hurting or tiring your arms out. It can be worn with baby facing you or facing outward. You can also wear this carrier on the front side of you or on your back like a baby backpack. It is especially helpful when you have twins or multiple children to hold or carry. Saves you from bringing along a bulky or heavy stroller in the car especially handy when going to doctors appointments. Comes in a variety of styles and colors, is comfortable to wear and I am assuming the baby is comfortable in it as well as I have yet to see a baby who doesnt enjoy being carried in this device! Only drawback or con I have to say about this product is that the bottom, the thing that the baby sits on leans against your stomach or back depending which way you the mother or caregiver are wearing it doesnt seem to sturdy. I would assume there could be a high chance of baby slipping right out of it and that could be very dangerous!

A Must Have

from Bergenfield, NJ

Comments about BabyBjorn Synergy Baby Carrier:

This product is a must have if you want to have your hands back after having a baby.

Safety
I put my baby in the bjorn from the moment he was born, my baby was 10lbs at birth, bjorn minimum weight is 8lbs. I love that i feel secure having my baby in it, all the parts snap securely in place without making my baby uncomfortable.

Baby's Comfort
My baby is sound asleep the entire time he is in the Bjorn, so comfortable that not even a wet diaper wakes him up (i talk for experience)

Parents' Comfort
The back support is great with this Bjorn much better than the original, taking in consideration i had a big baby from birth i never once felt tired carrying him around with the BJorn

The design can be a little intimidating at first, but once you read the instructions and get the hang of it, there is no big issue. I strongly suggest to look at the instructions so you know exactly how to securely carry your baby.

I like the materials this product is made of, i think is made to last and to take the abuse, so far mine looks just like new.

• Parents' Comfort:

Really overpriced, get another brand

Comments about BabyBjorn Synergy Baby Carrier:

There are so many high quality baby carriers out there, and we got this... And we totally overpaid for the brand name. It works the same as other much cheaper brands we have tried. It works fine, looks decent, but it is not worth the premium you pay. Get a less expensive brand, and you can get two of them in case one breaks.

• Parents' Comfort:

Wish I knew to buy an ergo

Comments about BabyBjorn Synergy Baby Carrier:

I liked using the Bjorn when my son was an infant because he was light to carry and it gave me a way to still get housework done or run errands hands free when my son wanted to be held. I do not like how you cannot use it to carry your baby on your back, which you can do with an ergo. I have also heard that the ergo is easier on your back once the child gets heavier.

Safety
I felt confident that the baby wouldn't fall out.

Baby's Comfort
My son liked sitting in the Bjorn although I've heard it can make babies uncomfortable in the crotch area.

Parents' Comfort
My back hurt using this once my son got heavier. It was comfortable when he was smaller.

It is easy to strap the baby in with a few clicks.

I like how you can roll it up to fit it in a diaper bag or suitcase. I think it would be a lot better if you could carry your baby on your back or front.

My Bjorn lasted a long time without any fraying and is washing machine safe. It is easy to roll up and pack.

• Parents' Comfort:

The most comfortable carrier I own

from Albuquerque, NM

Comments about BabyBjorn Synergy Baby Carrier:

I bought this Baby Bjorn Synergy carrier for my second child when I discovered he and I liked my old Baby Bjorn Active better than the Ergo with the newborn insert. I liked my old Bjorn, but wished it had even more back support. (I have SI joint issues and some low back pain occasionally - especially after childbirth). This has been worth every penny for the upgrade. He sleeps in it for naps still at five months old, we wear it shopping, or when we are at the playground with my older child. We bought the mesh fabric this time, and it has been helpful keeping some air flowing when we're outdoors. I'd definitely buy the mesh again instead of the heavy cotton. Also, it doesn't fade and look worn when you wash it like the black cotton can. I would buy this again - it's essential in our house!

Baby Gear Must Have!

from Chatsworth, CA

Comments about BabyBjorn Synergy Baby Carrier:

We received one of these during my baby shower. My husband & I have been using it since my son was a newborn. It is easy to adjust as the baby grows. It has a breathable fabric so if you sweat, it doesn't stay damp. We typically put it in the washer and hang dry once a week; and it dries fast. Highly recommended for anyone with a baby.

Babybjorn is great!

from Selkirk, NY

Comments about BabyBjorn Synergy Baby Carrier:

I registered for the Baby Bjorn for my baby shower of my 1st child, due to friends telling me I needed it.  It worked great for us.  Both my husband and I were able to use when on walks, shopping, or around the house our daughter was fussy.  It is great when they are newborns to have the option of having them face you.  Especially when out in the mall.  It tends to deter strangers from trying to touch your baby.  Then when they are older they can face out and look around.  My daughter loved this option.  She was able to look out around her and still be carried.  It also freed up my hands for other tasks like shopping.  I will admit the Baby Bjorn is more pricy than other carriers, but it has great padding, is adjustable for when they get bigger and even you can adjust it easily for your comfort.  My brother in law even used it while we went apple picking and he is about a foot taller than my husband and myself. It is also easy to take the baby in and out.  My daughter would fall asleep in it and I could still easy take her out without waking her up.  Loved it so much used it for my son too.  :-)

Great Baby Carrier

from Scotland, SD

Comments about BabyBjorn Synergy Baby Carrier:

Baby Bjorn Synergy baby carrier is a life saver. When my baby was 2-5 months old he wanted to be held constantly so I put him in the carrier and was able to do the dished, wash laundry and do other chores around the house with him being content and the tasks getting done. The Baby Bjorn Synergy Baby carrier didn't make my back hurt unlike the Graco carrier.

baby bjorn synergy awesome but not a need

from Tooele, UT

Comments about BabyBjorn Synergy Baby Carrier:

this is a great product. I found it a little confusing to put on before putting a baby in it, especially if I was by myself. It would get tangled a lot. I'm not sure their would be any difference however if you got another carrier, I imagine they are similar but because of the back support and all of the bells and whistles on this one, it just made it a little more complicated.

The comfort was nice but I still got tired quite fast carrying my little one around. He liked it ok but some said this would be a need or a must and I don't think it is. We didn't use it a whole lot and their were options like a stroller, car seat, etc. It was nice for like a half hour and then it hurt my back and I just moved him over to the stroller anyway. It was nice to have but not a need.

I loved loved loved the fabric. It was a nice mesh, easy to clean off with a wash cloth, didn't stain. Black is great because it hides everything. I didn't get too sweaty from it. I loved it.

Babybj?rn have excelled themselves again.

from Sugar Land, TX

Comments about BabyBjorn Synergy Baby Carrier:

As a mother of 4 children, I have owned 3 different Babybj?rn carriers - not because they wore out, but because I upgraded from the original model to the active carrier (for the lumbar support), and then to the synergy when we moved to a hotter climate. They really can be used on newborn babies (provided you follow the manufacturer's instructions), and are so easy to put on, once you have a couple of practice runs. All our children liked to chew on the bib section, once they were front-facing, but that was never a problem as the carriers are machine-washable. The synergy is excellent as it can be used in all weathers, without the fear of your baby becomming too hot. I would thoroughly recommend getting one of the models that offers lumbar support, especially if you are petite or not very strong, as babies grow and become heavy very fast. Just do please read the instructions properly - I once saw a man almost tip his baby onto the floor when he had not strapped him in correctly - thankfully the baby was completely unharmed, and I later showed the shame-faced Father how to adjust the straps correctly!

Black BabyBjorn Baby Carrier Synergy Mesh Material