Other Pregnancy Tests:
First Response
First Response Early Result Pregnancy Test

First Response Early Result Pregnancy Test

First Response was positive many days before other tests.

When my husband and I started trying to get pregnant, I purchase 5 different pregnancy tests. I guess I wanted to be very prepared. 5 days before my missed period I used a generic Biggs grocery store pregnancy test. The test was negative. I was feeling slightly disappointed and because I was very excited and a little crazy, I tried again that same hour with the First Response pregnancy test. This test revealed a very light positive line. I was so excited! I immediately had my husband go out to the drug store and purchase another First Response test since I had used my only one in that type. He came back with a bag full of First Response pregnancy tests. I used another one and it was positive also. Again, because I am a little crazy, I used another pregnancy test 2 days later. First Response was now clearly positive and the grocery store brand was still negative. 3 days after my missed period I tried the grocery store brand again, it was still negative. The grocery store brand did not become positive until almost 2 weeks after my First Response positive. I was so glad I had spent a little more on that test and that it had preformed as promised.

Unreliable

I have always heard that FRERs are the way to go--a top of the line pregnancy test that will detect even minute levels of HCG, the hormone in urine that indicates pregnancy. However, my personal experience with FRER tests has been negative.

I bought a 3 pack of tests. The first test was completely faulty--nothing showed up in the place where the control line should be. I chalked it up to user error and tried again the next day. I couldn't believe it when I saw a line! I showed my husband, posted it online in a forum where I recieved some congratulations, and etcetera. However, when I took the third test the next day, just to make sure, I got a big fat negative! I was confused. I bought other tests and tried again. Sure enough, more negative tests. I had experienced a "rare" false positive with FRER. Since then, I have tested two other times (in other months) with FRER, and experienced a false positive one other time as well. I just don't think they are worth the money that First Response charges for these tests.

LOVE IT!!

from Birmingham AL

About Me First Time Parent

Pros

• Acts Quickly
  • Easy To Use
  • Effective
  • Gentle
  • Not Messy

Cons

• First responce test
    • To Keep On Hand

Comments about First Response Early Result Pregnancy Test:

So Fast and easy! It worked in under a minute!

Best pregnancy test out there!

from Hartville, MO

Comments about First Response Early Result Pregnancy Test:

I LOVE these tests. They are always very accurate, and although they are slightly more expensive than the other tests, they are totally worth getting! I like the digital version of this test as well!

I've never had a wrong reading!

Very easy to use, and there are simple instructions.

First Response was positive many days before other tests.

from Cincinnati, OH

reliable

from Norman, OK

Comments about First Response Early Result Pregnancy Test:

FIRST RESPONSE EARLY PREGNANCY TEST!!!

I used this test back in 2008 with my first baby boy. I had the faintest pink line show up, so faint that I had to ask my husband if he even saw a line. Sure enough, I was pregnant! Very easy to use, and very clear results. I would definately recomend this to anyone. Great product. Very accurate. I like the First Response pregnancy tests the best because of their ease of use and accuracy. I read about First Response tests being the best because of their high sensitivity to the hormone that it looks for in the urine. NO gripes here. Just follow the directions, wait 3 minutes and there you go your result show with one or two straight lines. Even though it says that will give results three days before missed period, i would say to test for real results a couple days after missed period, it might show faint lines, but in my opinion it works better that way. There might be fake negatives, but fake positives are very rare. I am completely satisfied with this product. First response early pregnancy tests!!!

It was the most accurate

from New Kingstown, PA

Comments about First Response Early Result Pregnancy Test:

Last September I had a good feeling that I was pregnant because I had missed my period. I tried a lot of different pregnancy tests, and none of them were as good as the First Responce Pregnancy Test's. First I tried the Clearblue, and that one didn't even work. I followed the directions and everything, but it just didn't work. I also tried the so I tried the store brand because it was a lot cheaper, but that one was just crap.

I had watched a commercial on tv about the First Responce Pregnancy Test's. They gave a lot of information just in the commercial. First Responce Pregnancy Tests can tell you if your pregnant even 5 days before you miss your first period. The commercial made me feel really confident about buying the product, so I went out and bought one. The directions were very very clear. You have to hold the stick where the grip on the handle is at, and you must hold it at a 45 degree angle. You must pee of the stick for about 10 seconds, and then you must let the stick sit for 2-5 minutes. Then you'll get the results, and I finally found out that I was pregnant. It's really easy to read also. If there's a solid pink line in each of the little circles then that means that you're not pregnant. If there is a plus sign looking thing in the one circle, and a pink line in the second circle then that means that you are pregnant.

I went to the doctor's then, and I they had told me the reason the other pregnancy tests didn't work was because it was too early for them to read it.

Showed my pregnancy 4 days before I missed my period!

from Ellabell, GA

Comments about First Response Early Result Pregnancy Test:

Me and my husband were trying to get pregnant. We tried one time and decided to stop and see. I took the pregnancy almost 6 days before I took the First Response pregnancy test and it showed up positive. I have come to realize in many experiences with many people that first response is by far the best test in the world! With other pregnancy test I took to help a friend out to see if it was acurate. I was 7  months pregnant and the test showed up negative. We bought first response and it showed pregnant again. On the box it says that it is 99.9% accurate within 5 days of your missed period. I was even 6 days and it still showed pregnant. I now have a beautiful 6 week old baby boy and my  husband and I couldnt be any happier! I am so glad that I found out sooner than most people do because I got the full nine months of pregnancy to cherish. And I loved being pregnant. It was so awesome knowing that I had a little life in me.

First Response is great!

from Springville, UT

Comments about First Response Early Result Pregnancy Test:

I tried several different pregnancy tests when my husband and I were trying to conceive, and I always seemed to have a hard time reading whether or not they were positive or negative, something that can be frustrating when you're already frustrated and hopeful. That's when I read in several different places that the First Response Pregnancy Tests were tested to be the best in a few different studies, and so I deicded to give them a try. I took a test four days before my period was supposed to start (which, according to a study cited on the box should be almost 100% effective) and almost instantly the test turned positive! The more expensive test was definitely worth not having the anxiety for the extra couple of days, which can sometimes be excruciating, and so I was very happy. I plan to use First Reponse again in the future, and would recommend them to any couple that is trying to conceive, as they provide fast relief!

First Response pregnancy test is just average

from Boston, MA

Comments about First Response Early Result Pregnancy Test:

The First Response Early pregnancy test is really just like the other +/- pregnancy tests out there. I recently missed my period and went out and bought 3 different brands of pregnancy tests, one being First Response +/-. I had used the brand in the past over any others, but when I saw the result, I wasn't really sure what I should be feeling. The + line was just so faint that I wasn't sure if I was really pregnant or not even though the box said the 2nd line can be lighter than the other. With something like pregnancy, I don't think anyone can take just one test, but being so faint I think I took about 5. After that I took another brands digital test, and it was so much easier to read that it relieved me of my wondering. A "Pregnant" sign that comes up on the stick is a lot more trustworthy to me than a faint + line. It's hard to go by that when you are trying to figure out if your life is changing or not. Overall I would definitely skip the +/- test and go for the digital.

Early response pregnancy test has the answers

from Hudson, MA

Comments about First Response Early Result Pregnancy Test:

I used this product a little over a year ago when i unexpectedly missed my period and thought i might be pregnant. I bought this brand and it was very easy to use. You pee on the stick for 5 seconds and then you have to lay it on a flat surface. At 3 minutes you should be able to see you results. If there is 2 pink lines you are pregnant. 1 pink line means you are not pregnant. If you end up throwing the directions away or losing them it says what the lines mean on the actual stick. For me the times that i have used this product it had been very accurate, when i wasnt pregnant it said i wasnt and when i was, which was only once, a little more than a year ago, it said i was pregnant..I sadly had a miscarriage about 2 weeks or so after i found out..I am currently in the phase of "Am I pregnant?" im not sure what is going on..so i have used one test.. not this one, it was the Clearblue digital and so far it was negative..but im testing again tomorrow morning and im not sure wether or not it is accurate or not but i might have to come back to first response! i definitely recommend.

very accurate

from New Orleans, LA

Comments about First Response Early Result Pregnancy Test:

This product can detect the pregnancy as early as 6 days after the inception. I tried several months to get pregnant. I was so nervous everytime and tried a lot of ovulation strips and early pregnancy test strips. For the first several months, I was using some other pregnancy test strips. And those strips gave me false alarm. Everytime I used the strip, it showed me weekly positive result, whcih made me so excited. But I didn't see the result gets stronger and a fated check line always stay in the same strength, which made me suspecious of the validity of the test. To double check, I got the first response early result pregnancy test and it always gave me purely negative results when I was not pregnant.

It's not the first response that detected my pregnancy but it's the first response that assured me that I was not pregnant, with absolute, no confusing result. I would say this is an "honest product" and it avoids unnecessary panic or excitement.