4.1

4.1

Pros

Cons

The Epic is Great for Newbies and Techies alike

Have you ever made a purchase that you had to consider for a while because of the price tag?

Oftentimes, it's been my experience that when things like that take place in my life I get a SEVERE case of "buyers remorse"! I most recently had that feeling (the concern for the price tag) when we purchased my upgrade phone.

We have been with Sprint for over a year, I've never *ever *been happier with cell service as I have with Sprint. That aside though, I wanted a new phone that would meet all my "needs" add in a few ... "luxuries" and still not be too much of a phone to handle day to day. I had only began using the Palm Centro as my "introduction to smartphones/PDA's" if you will., a year prior and wasn't sure if I would find a Droid overwhelming. If you are not familiar with the Centro -- trust me when I say they are VERY different phones!

My husband actually ordered the phone for me as a "surprise" because I couldn't bring myself to pay the cost they wanted-- but I soooo badly wanted that phone! I can honestly say it was the best purchase I've made in -- possibly ever. When I got the phone I was excited to see what the difference was, and to learn the Droid applications as well as how to make the phone "work for me". We have severe allergies -- so having a phone that allows for instant internet, apps and directories on everything is a must given the amount of time I spend on the road.

The phone is very nice. It's one of the things that you get and when it arrives you say "Oh yeah! I got what I need, want and will be able to "grow into" -- I think I'll keep it FOREVER"  I like that the Epic makes it easy to transition to a more "advanced" smartphone and I still get a great app. and feature selection. The slide out QWERTY keyboard is perfect for me, I don't like texting on a swiper/ touch screen. I find my fingers are too big for that. I appreciate the fact that it will do everything from voice dial, alerts, and even keep my calander to the basics like turn to vibrate at the push of the VOLUME button-- as opposed to searching through a menu. I don't watch a lot of media on my phne but when I do, it is incredible! The screen is brilliant! The layout of the phone is simple, the tutorials for the phone are easy to follow, and Sprint does a great job at keeping you up to speed with how the phone works.

I did a lot of research before purchasing the Epic, all the reviews I read placed it at the top of the scale-- now, after being nudged into paying the price for the phone I can say : there is no buyers remorse here -- at all!

I will never go to a Blackberry/PDA type phone again. I really am in love with my phone and I tell everyone that they should consider at least the Droid network, if not the actual Epic!

Samsung Epic 4g fail?

The Epic 4g is the fastest most powerful phone on Sprint but it suffers from poor quality hardware, lack of updates from Samsung, and a small development community compared to other top phones. I guess this all comes down to what you do with your phone. The average phone user wouldn't notice some of these problems but to those who are techies will be disapointed, especially with the release of the HTC 4g Shift but that's another review. First off the Epic's super amoled screen is a thing of beauty. Some may find the colors oversaturated and extremely bright, which it is in the dark, but it's one of the main selling points at first glance. Most people love the colors of the screen compared to other phones that appear to be washed out. The next selling point is the hardware keyboard. The problem with this particular hardware keyboard is the slider is very loose and can easily come ajared in ones pocket waking up the phone out of sleep mode and draining the battery. Secondly the keyboard misses a lot of key strokes even when you type slow. After the constant missing key strokes most people tend to use the on screen keyboard. The third selling point has to be the camera.

This is easily one of the best cameras on a phone. It's right next to the iPhone 4 and below the Nokia N8. The only issue with the camera is it sometimes doesn't record in 720p. During recording an error will pop upabout a minute into recording. The major issue with this phone is the lack of support from samsung. The phone has been stuck on Eclair 2.1 since launch while other phone makers, HTC, have updated to Froyo 2.2 and Gingerbread is already set to come with new devices. That update might not mean much to the average user but like I said the techies have grown impatient. That update allows flash videos to be played on the phone without using Sky Fire Browser. If you really need a phone with a smaller screen and hardware keyboard I would suggest the Evo 4g Shift. if you aren't a fan of HTC and don't care about these issues listed then get the Epic 4g.

best phone ever

from Algeria

About Me Student

Pros

• Easy Navigation

Cons

• Poor Battery Life
  • Screen Scratches Easily

• Making Calls
  • Music
  • Texting
  • Web Browsing

Comments about Samsung amsung Galaxy S Epic 4G Smartphone:

generally this phone make me feel so fine it's good by front facing camera it's good too for playing games,have a physical keyboard ,great screen,and a very quick android system
but there things that not qualify this phone; if we talk about the 4G it make you think that you are connecting with the 2G,another thing about this service(4G) it will make your battery get down very quickly, and if you are lucky you will connect to the 4G, there are a problem in the keyboard that make you making faults when you are writing on it ,there another thing that is the buttons are poorly placed

• Phone Size:
  • Just Right
  • Bluetooth Connectivity:
  • Fair
  • Data Connection Speed:
  • Average

Great 1st Smartphone!

Comments about Samsung amsung Galaxy S Epic 4G Smartphone:

I really love this phone. I even lost it, and bought another one just like it, now that I found my original one, my mom has one to play all her games on WiFi here at the house, so I can have room for all of my apps that I want! Google has the best apps, but I do love the ones like the racing ones, and the ones like Westbound. I have dropped this phone so many times I have lost count, but I know that it has never shattered, knock on wood, and it still works even after the battery has been thrown out of it. The only problem I have is that I would love a longer battery life... it's too short when I have to stay for hours in a Dr. office.

Battery Life
I would like to find one that has a longer battery life, it is the only drawback on the phone, which is why it has a 9 instead of a 10.

My little nephew uses this when he comes over and he is six, and my uncle who is techno-illiterate, can even use it, I would recommend this to one who is just wanting a smartphone!

I keep dropping it, and it still keeps on going! I love my phone!

• Call Quality:

Great phone that doesnt require a data plan

Comments about Samsung amsung Galaxy S Epic 4G Smartphone:

This phone is perfect for someone that either doesnt want a data plan or who will not use the internet from their phone. The good thing about this phone is if the touch screen goes out (happens to every phone at one time or another and make take years) you still have a keyboard you can use. This phone is great for my grandparents that do not know anything about cell phones or modern technology

Good Phone!

Comments about Samsung amsung Galaxy S Epic 4G Smartphone:

I had this phone for about 2 years! Very reliable and dependent, I liked that it was touch screen as well had the keypad on it. I like to do a lot of things at one time, and this phone was satisfying in that department. Took great pictures, great storage space! I wouldn't mind using one of these again!

Revolutionary keyboard smartphone

Comments about Samsung amsung Galaxy S Epic 4G Smartphone:

I believe that Samsung went the right way with this phone. It is a shame that they could not see fit to continue doing their phones like this one. The addition of the keyboard makes evrything that can be done with this phne a lot easier.

Battery Life
Once you download too much the battery wears down fast. The only other issue with the battery life being that the 4G capabilities drain the batery twice as fast a everything else. Thisbrings the total battery life from a fairly decent twelve hours to a stupid life of only five or six hours.

Display/Screen Quality
With a 4.3 inch screen, this phone is very easy to see. The added keyboard makes it so that half of the screen isn't constantly blotted out by the pop up keyboard of most smartphones.

Call Quality
I have Cricket Wireless, so their call quality is less than satisfactory.

This product is amazingly user friendly.

My dad has had this phone for two years and is a clumsy contractor. This means he puts his phone through everything and it holds up quite nicely.

The size of the phone is perfect to fit into your hands as the keyboard is open or closed.

Samsung Galaxy S Epic- very nice phone

Comments about Samsung amsung Galaxy S Epic 4G Smartphone:

I love this phone it has a lot of apps on it that I have yet to even use. This is my first Smartphone and I am very happy with all the applications it has to offer.

Battery Life
I charge my phone every night by the time I go to bed it just about ready to go dead so it gets me through the day.

Display/Screen Quality
Very good screen quality the colors are very vivid.

Call Quality
Good call volume and quality.

I give it a good just because I am kind of a novice to all the apps on this phone and haven't even used all of them yet, but what I have used has been very easy.

I give this rating satisfactory only because I have had to bring my phone in once to have an issue with my screen display going black. I had it repaired at no charge and it worked fine but was a little disappointed that I did have to make a trip on to have a repair.

I love the design. My favorite is the texting keyboard.

• Call Quality:

lots of problems through time

Comments about Samsung amsung Galaxy S Epic 4G Smartphone:

When i first got this phone it was great. loads of apps lots of room to grow but after 2 years the phone locks up so much it sucks i have to keep removing the battery even after a recharge. Good thing I'm due for a upgrade.

Battery Life
never last as long as listed when you buy anything even if you use everything you can to prolong your batter life.

Call Quality
always depends on the cell company your going through and cell towers

after 2 years not even a scratch after dropping it many times i love it

• Call Quality:

Phone has some nice features

from Brookfield, IL

Comments about Samsung amsung Galaxy S Epic 4G Smartphone:

Bought this phone for my high school son He mainly does texting so I thought the qwerty keyboard would be a big asset to him. Weve only had the phone for a few months and hes already wanting to switch for another model. Battery life is very minimal. Keyboard almost needs a stylus Calls are clear when he uses it as a phone. Internet speed is fair. Screen size is acceptable but with so many icons they are rather small and at times you end up clicking on the wrong one.like the feature of rotating screen though...his prior phone didnt have that.

Battery Life
battery drains even when hes sleeping at night...almost 15% over the course of the night

very crisp and clear

very easy to sign on to the web and use hot spots

icons could stand to be a little larger

Don't get this one!

from Auburn, WA

Comments about Samsung amsung Galaxy S Epic 4G Smartphone:

I purchased two of these phones from Samsung for my daughter and I. From day one, we had problem. The reason we purchased these was because we wanted a smart phone that had a key board and at the time, this was supposed to be the best. Well for us it wasn't. Both have gone to repair so many times its ridiculous. Key board stops working or the key pad breaks. The sliding mechanism gets sloppy and loose. The screen gets dim very quickly. Battery life was horrible. If we didn't have a contract to fulfill before we could up-grade these would have been trash after only 6 months.

Battery Life
Had to purchase a spare battery to carry with me because the life was only about 3-4 hours.

Display/Screen Quality
Ok but could have been better.

Good most of the time

Once you set up your apps the way you want them it is ok

Horrible

Ok

Great phone

from Springdale, AR

Comments about Samsung amsung Galaxy S Epic 4G Smartphone:

Great smartphone. I love the slide feature for the keyboard as I have trouble with those onscreen keyboards. It is super easy to use and pretty intuitive. I never had to read a manual to try to figure out how to use the features of this phone. I was up and running (understanding easily how to use it) within a day or two. The apps for the android are good and run smoothly on this phone. I have owned it for almost two years now and had no problems at all. I have little ones who use the phone for the game apps and they drop it all the time but the screen has not broken... so it is very durable. My husband has an iphone so he does have difficulty figuring out the interface since he is used to that venue. But then again I have trouble figuring out his phone because I am used to the Android interfaces. All in all I am very pleased with this phone. The screen is beautiful and clear, the apps are easy to download and I love having my email readily available. This is my first smartphone and I would buy one of these again if necessary.

Battery Life
We charge each night and unless my kids are on it a long time using games I do not run out of battery life each day.