Other Smartphones:

Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX Smartphone

Pros

Cons

• Call Quality:

Very user-friendly, considering my smartphone inexperience

I've owned the Droid Razr Maxx for about 3 months now, and I really, really love it. I can't really compare it to other smartphones as I have never owned one before, but I enjoy all the apps I can find for free, the way I can check email and text and facebook so easily, and the fact that it has room for a removable storage. I also use it with the Bluetooth in my car, and the sound quality is SO MUCH BETTER than my previous phone. It sounds like the person is right there in the car with me. I am not a big fan of its photo quality. Perhaps I need to spend more time adjusting the settings, but they don't seem quite so easy to manage or understand, and so my pictures (as well as ones that others take with my phone) come out really, really badly. The color is often very poor. I went back to Consumer Reports review of smartphones and found that they also rated the photo quality as less than excellent. But again, it IS a phone, not a camera, so I really should not expect pristine quality, I guess. It's just disappointing because you can post and email photos so conveniently that it would be nice if they turned out well. I own my own business and it would be great if I could photograph my designs on the spot with my customers in order to add to my catalog. The battery life is extremely poor, but then again, it's basically a small computer, so I assume that most smartphones need to be charged a lot?

Battery Life
I am always having to plug it in. Pretty annoying, actually. If you are the kind of person who spends all day on your phone, you'll need to be glued to the wall because your phone will be charging all the time.

Display/Screen Quality
Great colors and light. You can adjust the backlight settings to save battery life as well.

Call Quality
EXTREMELY GOOD!!!!! Much better than any other phone I've ever tried. Crystal clear.

I think it's very easy and user-friendly to use, and I'm pretty much a smartphone virgin.

It's really important to get a sturdy case for it. You should also get a really high-quality screen cover, as the screen will become increasingly difficult to use as you make it all smeary with your fingers.

I'd actually prefer if the width was more narrow and the thickness of the phone was greater - it would fit into my hand better. I think I might be the only person who feels that way though - I never liked the original Razr phone from a couple of years ago because it was too thin in depth and too horizontally wide to sit comfortably in my hand. But I have small hands; most men would probably like it.

Motorola Droid RAZR makes me crazy

I recently upgraded from a motorola razor standard cell phone to the motorola DROID RAZR. Within minutes of learning to use it, while still in the verizon store, I had an emotional break down. Im 61 and my advice to anyone my age is to keep it simple. This phone has way to much. The verizon salelady told me to give it a couple months and I would love my phone, well its been 2 months and I still DO NOT like my phone. The touch screen can be over sensitive and other times it doesnt respond to my touch at all. Certain things that came standard with my simple old cell phone dont come standard with this phone, you have to download an app. I wish now that I had gotten an I Phone, my friend just got one and it just seems easier to use. Another thing, this phone is loaded with apps that I dont use and yet cant be deleted.

Battery Life
there are so many apps that are pre loaded on this phone that you cannot delete off and they burn up your battery life.

Display/Screen Quality
ok screen, other than finger prints

this seems very good

just too many options to get to somewhere simple.

had to buy a case to protect it.

just a little too big, have a hard time fitting it into my pocket and sqeezing it into my purse

Top of the line smartphone!

Comments about Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX Smartphone:

I absolutely love my Droid Razr Maxx. There are so many awesome features that you can hardly list them all. I love the large screen and the great graphics. The interactive menus are very helpful. The phone come preloaded with numerous apps and features. This phone is basically like a miniature computer. I can do just about everything on my phone that I can so on my laptop. The storage space is very large. I really like the slim light design. I also like the way that the screen moves and rotates according to how you are holding the phone. I was surprised that I got everything I did for what little I paid for it, in comparison to the iPhone. Overall I love this phone. I would highly recommend this phone to friends and family and if something happens to this one I would totally consider re-purchasing this phone again. The only problem that I have is that the more apps you have running the faster the battery dies. Not sure if this is the way smartphones are in general or just with this phone. But all in all I give it two thumbs up!

Battery Life
The more app you install and run the shorter your battery life.

• Call Quality:

Good phone for price, lacking in some areas

Comments about Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX Smartphone:

The Phone works well sometimes, but often needs to be rebooted because apps begin to lag. Even a factory reset doesn't alleviate the problem. Also, the battery life is absolutely terrible.

Battery Life
Battery life is fine... until you start actually start trying to use it for pretty much anything. When that screen comes on the battery drains and drains.

I've dropped this bad boy a bunch of times, and it's still good to go.

• Call Quality:

Amazing battery life, solid screen, and great extra features.

Comments about Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX Smartphone:

Amazing phone with great active notification feature and voice activated google touchless search. The active notifications allow you to avoid pushing the power button all the time to get the phone on and off to see if you have new notifications. The screen softly flashes in the middle of the screen to show you time and notifications. Touch the notification and get a preview. As for touchless control, simply say Ok Google Now and the phone will respond to your voice. Then you can ask it any question and it will load an app, make a call, send a text, navigate you somewhere, or search online. Very convenient when your hands are dirty and you need to do something quick.

Battery Life
Never needed to charge during a day. Usually charge it overnight because it's down to 40-50%, but nothing else on the market compares.

Display/Screen Quality
Screen resolution could be higher but you can't really notice it, so unless you're a pro looking for 1080p then you should be good.

Call Quality
Verizon call quality at its best, never an issue.

Android 4.4 kitkat at this point (updated in late December). Very smooth and easy to use for android beginners or pros.

Phone's kevlar back makes it durable to some small drops. Haven't intentionally dropped it though, so wouldn't recommend trying.

Love the back, not cheap glossy plastic and not easy to break glass.

A Slim Durable Phone That Runs Like a Beast

from Des Moines, IA

Comments about Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX Smartphone:

I really like my Droid Razr Maxx phone. I originally wanted a Samsung Galaxy SIII, but it was sold out and this phone was free. Every so often, the phone glitches if there is too much going on (it likes to update my apps at the least convenient times), but this doesn't happen too often. I don't like that it isn't as "pretty" as some other phones and there aren't as many customization options as some of its competitors.

Battery Life
I cannot believe how long this phone battery lasts. After having this phone for over a year, I can still text, use social media, and search the web all day with over 70% battery left when I go to charge it at bedtime.

Display/Screen Quality
I think the screen quality is great until I look at my sister's Galaxy SIII and see how crystal clear hers is. That being said, I do have a screen protector on mine that messes with the clarity of the screen. When not comparing it to others, I feel like my screen is perfect, clear, and easy to read.

Call Quality
I never have any problems with the quality. It's the best reception I've ever had on a phone.

The android operating system is great. I would never switch to iOS because this is much more intuitive and offers more room for customization. If I didn't know how to do something, I'd do a quick search online, and easily found how to do what I needed.

My phone is really durable, but I have an Otterbox case on it. I could all but run this thing over with my car and it would be in perfect condition. It's apparently water resistant, but I really don't want to test that out. I am terrible on phones and have never had one last longer than about 8 months, but I've had this phone for over a year and it still looks brand new.

I would have preferred the look of something like a Samsung Galaxy, because this is a very manly phone. My husband loves the quality with the Kevlar back and the sleek black design, but I would prefer something a little more sleek. The slim design is great, but I make mine bulky with an Otterbox as extra protection.

• Call Quality:

First Smartphone ever and I love it!

Comments about Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX Smartphone:

Overall I really enjoy my DRIOD. The battery life is pretty good since I do not constantly stay on my phone throughout the day. When I am not using it I turn down the brightness and depending on location turn off Wi-Fi to conserve battery life. The display screen is easy to read. The only thing that bothers me is when typing I sometimes have difficulty typing because the screen in smaller than my fingers.

Battery Life
The battery life works well for what I need it for. The battery only dies if you constantly play on your phone. I can't do this since I work in the public eye. IF you choose to play on your phone a lot then get a portable charger to carry with you.

Display/Screen Quality
I have no issues with the screen display on my phone but on my husbands phone a few pixels are lighter than the rest and may be damaged but does not affect the picture just a few lighter shades towards the bottom of his screen.

Call Quality
Generally I have great service and can hear well. This isn't the phone's problem, moreso the provider's, but I have lost service several times; however, it is the same spots every day so I know where to end a call or wait to begin a call.

I have never had a smartphone before but I picked up on how to use it very quickly. I believe anyone could learn to use this device quickly no matter how limited your knowledge of smartphones may be.

My phone is great and still in one piece. It has been dropped a few times but it is okay thanks to the otterbox that came with my purchase. However, my husband's screen is messed up and has a few pixels that a messed up.

Since this is my first smartphone I do not have anything to compare this to. good or bad. It's easy to use and slim to fit anywhere.

• Call Quality:

Great phone with great battery life.

Comments about Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX Smartphone:

This phone is a very good product and like other android phones, it has a learning curve but that can be over come by reading the instruction manual and reading guide online. The battery life on this particular phones is phenomenal and will last days on standby. The biggest flaw is that pictures taken by the camera appear dark and you must bump up the exposure.

Battery Life
This phone has a large battery that can last up to 50+ hours on standby. If you have had trouble with phones dying on you during a long day of work, this phone will be able to last without the need to recharge.

This phone, like all android phones has a learning curve but once you learn on you have learned them all. The standard phone features are easy to access, and the phone is very responsive.

This phone is very durable, especially the screen. The screen is made of Gorilla glass which is extremely durable and will not easily get scratches.

The phone is designed to be slim, and light weight like the original RAZR line of flip phones.

Powerful phone.

Comments about Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX Smartphone:

This little piece of tech is very powerful. The battery lasts a long time. It can last for a few days if you treat it right! I love that. It's also capable of handling many apps. It's very slim, as well. It has NFC capabilities that I love using to just put my phone near my smart surround sound system and play music instantly. No other interaction needed. My husband and I BOTH have this phone because we love it so much. I'm more of a power-user and he's more of a casual user.

Battery Life
Can last for 2 or so days if you treat it right! Download apps like Juice Defender and Master Cleaner to help control data and RAM usage which makes the battery last longer.

Display/Screen Quality
I use a screen dimmer app that saves my eyes in low light and saves my battery, since this is an LED screen. LED uses no power to display blacks, so if you dim your screen it will use less power.

Other members of my family love their DROID phones for the way the operating system is designed. More easy to understand than a Galaxy android operating system.

I've dropped it a couple times. I am really good with protecting my property, however.

• Call Quality:

Can't get enough of this phone

Comments about Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX Smartphone:

This is the best smartphone I've ever owned. Call quality is great. I rarely ever have reception/data issues, which happened annoyingly often with my last phone. The screen is sharp and clear. I really like the camera too. For my last trip, I took my Kodak point-and-shoot camera along, and after 2 days I exclusively used my phone to take pictures since the quality was better. The battery life is the thing that drew me to the phone in the first place, and it has not disappointed me. By the end of an average day, I'm still usually around 50%. I don't do much video watching on my phone, which helps with my battery life, but when I have I was still able to get through the day. My only complaint is that I have had some occasions where the phone seemed to get too bogged down in its processes and it slowed down a lot. You can probably avoid this by just shutting it off regularly to clear out the junk files, so it's really not an issue that should cause many problems.

Battery Life
I still recommend charging every night, but you'll always make it to the night.

Durable but glitchy

Comments about Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX Smartphone:

This phone was nice for a while when it was new, but it was also my first smartphone. I've had it for just short of a year now and the service is always dropping off, it misreads the sim card, and uninstalls apps whenever it pleases. The hardware itself is sturdy and has survived a few serious drops. However, and this may apply to all droid products, the software is very flaky.

Nice phone

Comments about Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX Smartphone:

I currently have this phone. I really do like it. Only downside that makes me dislike it is the horrid battery life. It's really bad, even with the brightness being down, still no good. There's many upsides to the phone. The screen size isn't too big, it's a perfect size to me. The screen display is clear. Making calls is no hassle as well. It's not a complicated phone, easy to use. It's a really nice phone, only thing that needs to be fix is the battery life.