3.9

3.9

Pros

Cons

I trust my family's eyes to Zenni Optical and I'm hard to please

***Quick View***: Our eyes are extremely important and glasses certainly aren't the place to cut corners. However, **Zenni Optical** Online offers amazing prices on prescription glasses that are high quality and as good as you'll find on the racks at the optician's. ***About Zenni Optical*** This site specializes only in eyeglasses. Their prices start at $8.00 for lenses and frames and these aren't junk either. They then have slightly higher priced glasses up to around $19.00 a pair and a few designer styles. The frames and lenses are included in the prices. If you have to have a very strong prescription or bifocals, there is an additional $4.95 charge. There are a few extras you can choose like anti reflective coating and tint, each $4.95 extra per pair of glasses. They have loads of frames for men, women, and kids and their descriptions are very detailed. You must have your prescription with all values so that they can make your glasses perfectly. If you don't have the values, your eye doctor or wherever you had your eye exam can give you those. Picking out frames is the toughest part. After that, it's easy. You just fill in the values and decide if you want anything extra and move on. Shipping is a flat $4.95 per order for one or 100 pairs of glasses and all come in hard shell cases with lens cleaning cloths. I bought my son a spare pair of glasses at **Zenni's** and they were nicer than his expensive pair. He is wearing the **Zenni** glasses now. I definitely will buy my own reading glasses there and continue to buy Chris' glasses there. Obviously, the only con to ordering online is that you can't try the frames on. But if you have an idea of the size and shape you need, it's actually quite easy choosing and there is a guide on the site as well to help with frame choosing. This site is really a money saver. I would never trust a cheesy site for my son's eyeglass needs. This site isn't cheesy. It's very, very good and I really am amazed at the markup these glasses places charge. **Zenni Optical's** glasses are as good or better than the ones you see at Sears, Wal-Mart, or an independent optician's. They aren't the super high-class designer names (except a few) but they're excellent for the average glasses wearer. ***My Viewpoint *** I am super impressed with **Zenni Optical** and will continue to shop there for eyeglasses. My husband is in need of a pair of reading glasses and I am going to order them from **Zenni Optical** along with my own. This place is real, honest, and high quality. ***5 stars and a hearty recommendation from me.***

You get what you pay for!

This is cheap junk. I'm a retired Optician who worked a long and hard perfecting my craft. Eyeglasses are not a bunch of junk. They are finely crafted and precision optical instruments. Think about it, you pick your Ophthalmologist carefully, pay good money for the best and most comprehensive eye exam you can and then go online to some crummy company in China or somewhere and buy a pair of eyeglasses for $8.00. I don't get it. I think I'll go see my Oncologist and buy my Chemo drugs online. The same people who complain about our Country going down the tubes are the same people who buy crummy eyeglasses online from China.

Im Verry happy

from Holden ma.

Comments about ZenniOptical.com:

I order two pairs sun glasses and regular.Iam very pleased how fast they came in and I don't have any problem what so ever.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Dont buy if you need them within the month

from San Antonio, T

Comments about ZenniOptical.com:

I purchased these glasses on the assumption (as per their web site) that I would receive these glasses in two to three weeks. What they don't tell you is that they make them elsewhere then they have to ship them to their "shipping facility". This has taken two weeks. When I called for information they could not help me but said that they would forward my request to someone in shipping and they would get back to me within 24 hours. THREE days later they finally told me that the glasses I ordered two weeks ago have not yet reached their shipping facility but that when they did they would ship them out and then I would get them in 14-21 days.

The Worst Online Buying Experience In My Life!

from Brooklyn, New York. USA

Comments about ZenniOptical.com:

Having ordered prescription eyewear online for over 10 years I chose Zenni because the website attracted my attention. I forwarded my prescription and payment in the beginning of December 2014, anticipating delivery maybe by Christmas, definitely by New Years.

I received a pair of eyeglasses in mid-January 2015 that I could not see through because of the distortion of stationary objects, and the blurring of characters on a computer or tablet screen. I returned the glasses, received a replacement pair about 2 months after the placement date of my original order.

A month and a half later, the right lense unexpectedly cracked and broke for no apparent reason. Totally disgusted with Zenni Optical and aware that any warranty period had probably lapsed, I purchased eyewear elsewhere, contacting Zenni Optical afterward and inquired if I could pay to have the broken lense replaced. Zenni Optical refused, their rep stating that they "only sold complete orders", even though their firm is the manufacturer!

STAY AWAY FROM ZENNI OPTICAL, A PERFECT EXAMPLE OF AN ONLINE FIRM SPECIALIZING IN SHODDY, INFERIOR PRODUCTS.

Very poor quality, even worse service.

from Colorado Springs

Comments about ZenniOptical.com:

I was so excited to get prescription glasses at such cheap prices. A year ago, I bought one metal and two plastic framed glasses. I wore the metal pair for about a month when one of the lenses just fell out. I thought that maybe a screw had come loose but that's not the case. The lens itself is just not shaped right. Zenni offers EXACTLY a 30 day warranty and since I didn't notice it until 32 days after my purchase, too bad so sad.
The plastic frames are my sunglasses that are rarely worn and a spare pair that I've never worn. I put my sunglasses on yesterday and the frame was just split. Busted. I've worn those sunglasses maybe half a dozen times. I got into my drawer and pulled out the other plastic framed glasses that I purchased as a spare pair and guess what? The frame is split in exactly the same place that my sunglasses split and they have NEVER EVEN BEEN WORN.
My opinion of zenni optical is that if you want inexpensive glasses that you can literally throw away after not much use, then go for it. Please be aware that the color you receive is often quite a bit different than what's pictured on their site. As someone who can't see without glasses, I'm going to find another place to shop.

Always Use Zenni For Families Backup Glasses

from Virginia

Comments about ZenniOptical.com:

About a year ago my daughter needed glasses, at the age of 3. I have never worn glasses, and had no idea about where to buy her prescription glasses without breaking the bank. We were told by her doctor that she may need to change her prescription a few times due to what she was diagnosed with. Insurance paid for her first set, which would've cost out of pocket around $250. I knew that she would need a backup pair in case something happened to her glasses, she is a very active 3 year old. I had no idea that there is cheaper places online that offer quality prescription eye glasses. ZenniOptical was one of the places that was recommended by parents, who couldn't pay the high prices that comes along with buying glasses. I browsed the website and only found a handful of frames that would fit my childs small face but the price I was very pleased with. They offer live chat if you have any questions while you are online, and this helped me narrow my search. I placed my order, only spending $20, I wanted to see the quality before I spent extra for a better lens, and within 3 weeks the glasses arrived. All I can say is I am super pleased with the glasses, I had the lens double checked by her doctor, and since placing this order I have ordered 2 extra pair for her because the price is reasonable. I have recommended Zenni to my mother, and she is happy with her glasses. Now I just hope they offer more frames that fit my daughter. I suggest to anyone that buys glasses online no matter if it's from any online store to have them double checked because mistakes can always happen.

Awful experience.

from Troy NY

Comments about ZenniOptical.com:

I had heard good things about ZenniOptical, so when I saw a good deal on a pretty pair of frames, I figured I would try it out. I called my optician to make sure I had all of my prescription information and measurements correct. I put that exact information in on ZenniOptical.com and orderd the frames.

The good news is that the frames came quickly. The bad news is, that they were awful, I got double and blurry visions and they did not work at all.

I tried calling customer service, and repeatedly got hung up on. I located email information for the entire executive team and emailed them all and reached out very publicly on social media - which finally at least merited me a call back.

However, the whole team insisted that I must have done something wrong and refused to give a refund or send a new pair of frames. I emailed them a copy of my prescription (which matched EXACTLY what I had put in on their website) and they still insisted that they had done nothing wrong.

I would avoid them at all costs.

It's easy to use, but you won't get they correct prescription.

Product Selection
It's great if you only want frames, and don't actually need your lenses to work.

They will rip you off.

Customer Service
They will hang up on you repeatedly.

Ordered 2 pairs of glasses, ended uo with none

Comments about ZenniOptical.com:

I ordered two pairs of glasses. I followed the instructions on ordering, measuring pd and entered my prescription accurately. When the glasses arrived it was clear that something was wrong. I had double vision, fish bowl-ing and was unable to wear the glasses. I called customer service who instructed me to return for inspection. I paid to return both pairs. A few days later, I received a call notifying me that the glasses woukd be corrected and that the pd was wrong, their error; not mine. About 30 minutes later the same Cust Serv rep called back and said it was MY error. I asked them to call my optometrist for gis PD measurement. They REFUSED. Finally, in an effort to be done with them, I just took the 1/2 refund. I basically donated $70 to these clowns. Huge waste of time and money. Never again.

Outstanding product

Comments about ZenniOptical.com:

I was 100% pleased with my glasses from ZenniOptical.com. The frame looked stylish and well made. I had my optometrist checked the lenses and they were fine. So affordable and the shipping was super fast! I will never shop anywhere else for my eye care needs.

A total ripoff

Comments about ZenniOptical.com:

I did like the style of glasses that I purchased from Zenni, but that is as far as it goes. The prescription was not accurate and I ended up having to buy another pair of glasses with the right prescription. I spoke to my eye doctor about this and he indicated they outsource their product so they can step outside of the FDA standard. I will never shop Zenni Optical again.

The website tiself was easy to use and pretty simple to navigate. It provided an idea of what the glasses would look like on different face shapes which was nice.

Product Selection
The selection was large enough that you had lots to choice from, but not large enough that you became overwhelmed.

Product Pricing
The product was priced relatively cheap. I think my glasses costs me around $40.00. However, I ended up having to get a new pair with the right prescription so I would say any price is too high.

Customer Service
I was not allowed to return for a credit to my debit card. I had to exchange for another pair of glasses so I kept them.

Shipping and Returns
The shipping was done in a timely manner, but the return process was unfair.

• Shipping and Returns:

Quality declining, while pricing increasing

Comments about ZenniOptical.com:

Longtime customer, better quality 5 years ago, out of the current 6 sets of glasses (bought 0ver 2 1/2 Years) on one was excellent, 1 was okay, the rest had visible imperfections in the optics, left 2 pairs of sunglasses on the car dash board, the plastic lenses actually distorted from the summer heat. JUNK NOW!

Easy to use website

Great selection

Product Pricing
CHEAP & low quality - but not cheap enough to be throw away glasses

Customer Service
At least they try to answer questions, but basically no help.

Shipping and Returns
on 30 day --- buyer beware - you don't really get a good value for the cheap price