Other General Household Cleaners:
Glass Cleaners
Windex
Windex Outdoor All-In-One Window Cleaner

Summary

Windex Outdoor All-in-One Glass Cleaning Tool cleans outdoor windows in just 3 easy steps:
SPRAY window and cleaning pad with garden hose.
WIPE window with cleaning pad.
RINSE window with garden hose. No need to hand dry.

*Compared to typical consumer's use of paper towels and glass cleaning trigger product. Results may vary based on water quality.

*About the survey: This SC Johnson Windex™ Outdoor All-in-One Glass Cleaning Tool™ Survey was conducted online within the United States by Harris Interactive on behalf of SC Johnson between October 10 and 14, 2008 among 2,530 adults ages 18+, of whom, 1,562 are homeowners. This online survey is not based on a probability sample and therefore no estimates of theoretical sampling error can be calculated. For complete methodology, please contact Apryl Ehmann.

Windex Outdoor All-In-One Window Cleaner

Pros

Cons

This upside down mop cleans windows fast and easily. Love it!

***Quick View:*** I won't lie. I'm lazy. I hate to clean, especially when it comes to outdoor stuff. I do it only when I have to and usually laze around so much that my husband does most of the work anyway. Having said that, windows were the last thing I wanted to clean tonight. But spring has finally sprung and I wanted to be able to actually see out of the windows. I had recently received the **Windex Outdoor All-In-One Window Cleaner** kit and decided to give it a whirl. It really took the work out of cleaning our outdoor windows! It's easy and fast to use!

***About the Windex Outdoor All-In-One Window Cleaner***

This kit comes in a smallish box but delivers big results. In the box are four 12 inch hollow poles, a cleaning head, and a pretreated dry cleaning pad.  A cleaning pad is capable of cleaning up to 20 standard sized windows but your millage may vary depending on how big your windows are, of course.

Assembly isn't my strong suit but there was nothing complicated about snapping the handle pieces together and then attaching the pole to the cleaning head. The cleaning pad is sealed and dry and it sticks on the head. It doesn't come off even after vigorous use but is easily manually removed when it's time to replace it.

Once I had my handy **Windex Outdoor All-In-One Window Cleaner** ready to go, I ventured outside and had my husband hook up both hoses, one in the front and one in the back of the house. My first attempt at using this gadget was on my large front window. I sprayed the hose, wetting the window well. I then sprayed the cleaning pad to activate the ingredients and went right to work, using the gadget like a squeegee. I then hosed off the remains of the cleaning ingredients and waited for the window to dry. Yikes! It was clean and streak free. I could see through in from the outside and inside. Niiiiice. As a side note, I didn't notice a strong scent at all. I usually have to shun chemical cleaning products because of allergies but this didn't cause any ill effects.

Next, I ventured into our backyard to tackle the many windows we have in our sun room. My husband should have been born 100 years ago. He hates newfangled things. He refuses to drop prescriptions off in the tube outside of a drugstore, he won't use our Harmony One LED remote deferring to the much simpler remote we got about five years ago, and he didn't like the look of a pad on a pole one little bit. However, he saw how easy it was to use and the results I got, he gave it a shot on some windows that I could reach.

And guess what? He liked it! He really liked it! Well, he begrudgingly admitted that the gadget was a time saver and worked well. I take that as a glowing endorsement from him.

The pole can reach up to 11 feet without a ladder. Most of our windows were able to be reached without the use of a ladder but we do have some higher ones in our two story cape that needed the aid of a ladder but, using the **Windex Outdoor All-In-One Window Cleaner** was much easier than trying to use a rag and a cleanser bottle while balancing on a ladder. My husband welds and works with steel and intends to make an extension tube so that we can get to the higher windows sans the ladder because I get vertigo spells and can't really risk being on a ladder alone. Then again, who said I was going to be the one cleaning the windows? We must discuss this!

At any rate, refill cleaning pads are available two to a pack and, in fact, right now, you can print a coupon for a pack of two refill pads free with the purchase of the starter kit on the Windex All In One Window Cleaner website.* (http://windex.com/all-in-one.asp)*

One small caveat, I suppose, is that, once the pole is assembled, it can't be taken apart but, honestly it isn't a problem. I store the All-In-One with my other cleaning supplies and it barely takes up any space at all. Also, if you don't have access to a hose near the window(s) you want to clean, I'm not what you would do. Toss a bucket of water on them? That may work actually.

***My Viewpoint***

My windows have a few streaks here and there but, in all, they are clean and the **Windex Outdoor All-In-One Window Cleaner** made cleaning our outdoor windows so much easier. Granted, it isn't a perfect system but it's inexpensive and oh so easy to use. Spray the hose, swipe the cleaning head over the window in a vertical motion, rinse the window and that's that! That's good enough for me. I am going with ***4 stars ***because there were a few streaks and because it is tough to get to some smaller windows and some higher ones but, honestly, I probably won't go back to hand cleaning my outdoor windows with a rag and spray cleanser again. Well, my husband won't. I still will try to get out of cleaning the windows even if it IS easier to do now.

*BTW: Although some have said they have used the All -In-One on their car windows, it is not recommended. The warning is on the box and on the website although I don't know why one couldn't use the device on auto windows. I'm just passing the info on.*

would be great for a single story home...

Spring is slow in coming to Upstate, New York.  It seems Mother Nature loves to play tricks with those of us who live here.  One day it will be lovely, the next day it will snow.  Sunshine is in limited supply this time of year so our **Windex All-in-one Window Cleaner starter kit** had to sit in our laundry room for a few weeks before we were able to use it.

**To Assemble:**

Finally, a day arrived that fit our schedule and found Mother Nature co-operating.  We pulled its' contents out of the box and found that it assembled with ease.  The long pole was easy to make out of the four smaller sections that were included.  Once that was  completed, we simply attached the handle and cleaning head (with cleaning pad attached).  We accomplished the assembly in no time flat.

**To Use:**

The directions say to wet the cleaning pad and the window with a garden hose.  Our windows seemed to be extremely dirty after the long winter so we made sure the glass was wet all over.  After wetting the glass we wiped the windows down with the cleaning pad and rinsed again.  This was very easy on the first floor windows.

**Results:**

The first floor windows looked better than the second story windows.  The pole wasn't long enough to reach the second story so we had to stand on a ladder to get to them.

The first floor windows were almost streak-free.  For some reason the top edge of the windows left smeared streaks, but, it only took a little time to clean up along the tops with some regular Windex and a paper towel.  The second story windows were more streaked and couldn't be reached to clean with the toweling.

**Conclusion:**

I think the product is great for single story homes but could use improvement if it is to perform well on second story windows. I suppose I would purchase it again for the bottom windows if it were on sale.

i even like washing windows now!!!

About Me Homeowner

Pros

• Easy To Use

Cons

Comments about Windex Outdoor All-In-One Window Cleaner:

I have used the Windex outdoor all in one for about 10 years and I really like it. This year I could not find the pads. So I bought the Windex outdoor glass, patio & More. It washed the windows, side of the house the eves and me. I will not use it again. I had more streaks than ever. Windex this is not a better product. Please get the pads back in the stores.

I now use this for all my windows.

from Davis, CA

Comments about Windex Outdoor All-In-One Window Cleaner:

Wow! I love the Windex All-In-One Window Cleaner! I usually just use the regular Windex for all my windows. However, since I moved into a home with some windows 15 feet high on the first floor, I needed a different mode of cleaning. I don't feel comfortable on a ladder.

The entire kit comes with a telescoping pole, a mop end and a cleaning pad. It is very easy to use. Putting it together took a mere few minutes. Using the hose, I spray the windows with water. Then I wash each window with the mop/cleaning pad. Next, I wash this off with water. When the windows dry, they are clean and shiny.

It's so easy to use and offers a shiny clean window in just minutes, so I even use it on my easy-to-reach windows. I just unscrew the pole and clean with the mop/pad. I used the same cleaning pad for the outside of all the windows in my home and it still had a bit of cleaning power in it.

With very little effort, I was able to clean all my windows in a fraction of the time it typically takes me to do the job. The added benefit was squeaky clean, shiny windows.

To be honest, I didn't smell anything besides a clean smell. I love this product!

It works.

Comments about Windex Outdoor All-In-One Window Cleaner:

I have been waiting for a product to come out that would help making it easier to clean outdoor windows without having to use a tall ladder or try to maneuver around bushes. I read about Windex Outdoor All-In-One Window Cleaner, and was skeptical at first. When I saw it at the store for what I thought was a decent price I decided to give it a shot. The key is that the cleanser is already within the pad. You just spray your windows with a garden hose, attach a pad to the cleaning tool and start cleaning. Then you rinse the windows down. I thought for sure they would streak, but they didn't.
      The only down side is the cleaning tool is only able to reach first floor windows, so for second floor you will still need a ladder. The pad is supposed to last for a certain number of windows, but I found it gets dirty a bit sooner than I would like so I change it early.

Works great.

Just smells like Windex so no surprise there.

I fell in love with this Outdoor Windex on a Stick.

from Fort Worth, Texas

Comments about Windex Outdoor All-In-One Window Cleaner:

I purchased my Windex Outdoor All-in-One Window Cleaner with a coupon I received in the mail. I purchased the all in one and then later purchased the refills. I was extremely impressed with the outcome of using this outdoor window cleaner. I clean my outside windows a lot this time of year because the rain makes them look awful. But this Windex attached to a stick is a win, win. I'm only 5 foot 2 inches so cleaning the top windows is difficult for me and would be for they typical person. But with this product make my windows look like there was no window pane there it was like I was looking straight through. It leaves no streaks or scummy residue behind. This little handy device makes it so much easier to get the windows clean outside of the house. I also have one that I use to wash my car window's as well and it works better than the paper towel. paper towels leave behind lint and make the windows look unclean. I will use this product on the outside windows from now on. My new trusted brand.

These work so well. Much better than the typical spray.

from lakeland, florida

Comments about Windex Outdoor All-In-One Window Cleaner:

I am very partial to the original Windex glass cleaner. I do not like the wipes that were created for use inside the home. That being said, I love these cleaning wipes for outdoor glass cleaning. It is so easy! All I need is the wipes and my garden hose. Windex definitely hit one out of the park with this product. I hate when my windows are dirty on the outside and using typical cleaner never gets the glass fully clean. I always have to clean it twice to get the glass clean satisfactorily. With Windex's outdoor cleaner, this is not the case. I used it and it got my outside window glass clean the very first time. It does cost a bit more, but the pads last. I usually get two windows out of each one. I have large windows, so I am very happy that it works out that way. I try to clean my outer glass at least once a month, so I do not spend too much money on the Windex Outside Window Cleaner.

I wasn't really impressed

Comments about Windex Outdoor All-In-One Window Cleaner:

This worked alright, but I don't think it worked anywhere nearly as well as the original windex products. I suppose it makes it easier to reach, but I'd rather just get up on a chair or ladder and have the windows looking totally awesome when I'm done. I didn't get that feeling when I used this.

A great product!

Comments about Windex Outdoor All-In-One Window Cleaner:

When I saw the windex mop I had to get it. The Windex Outdoor All-In-One Window Cleaner really allows you to reach up high to clean and dust. you can also use It like a mop on ceramic, tile, vinyl, and wood floors. This has made mopping a lot more easy on my back.

Amazing streak free windows in half the time

from Scio, OR

Comments about Windex Outdoor All-In-One Window Cleaner:

It does exactly what it says, "Streak-free shine in 1/2 the time" Love Love Love this product!

I have tried just about every outdoor window product out there on the market and none do what they say they will do. I have big windows across the back of my house that birds seem to find and enjoy leaving their mess on. It used to take us 2 hours or so to clean the windows before finding Windex all in one. Now in less than an hour we can clean all our windows without having to use a squeegie, dry rags, and bottles of spray cleaners or buckets of solutions. Just wet the pad, wash the window, hose off and your done. AMAZING!

Windex Outdoor All-In-One is a winner!!

from Saint Paul, MN

Comments about Windex Outdoor All-In-One Window Cleaner:

I have to admit I was skeptical about using Windex Outdoor All-In-One window cleaner.  I have tried many different cleaners in the past with varying results, and love the look of clean windows, but most of them had taken so much time and energy to use -- could window washing really be so simple?  I had dreaded washing the outside windows, but I had company coming!  I have read that it is best not to wash windows when the sun is shining on them, as they dry too fast which causes streaking, so I waited till after supper.  Upon opening the Windex box, I found a cleaning head, a handle, 4 1-foot pole sections, and a cleaning pad.  Assembly of the pole was easy, and the handle is threaded in case you need additional reach.  (Having a one-story house, I didn't.)  The cleaning pad simply attached to the head with velcro, and I hosed down my bay window.  I wet the pad to activate the cleaning solution, and cleaned the windows in just a few minutes, then hosed off the suds.  I then continued with other windows around the house, including 5 3-section windows and 2 patio doors on our porch.  It was so easy, and took so little time because no drying was required.  Would this really work?  The true test of the effectivenes was seen the next morning, after everything was dry, andthe sun was shining.  Much to my surprise, the windows were beautifully clean, with no streaking!  I will definitely use this product in the future, and will recommend it to others.  The box says one cleaning pad is good for 20 30"x40" windows, but I think it is good for more.  What a time-saver and a bargain!

Best to touch up any remaining water after about 1/2 hour, otherwise it dries with spots.

FANTASTIC!

from North Tonawanda, NY

Comments about Windex Outdoor All-In-One Window Cleaner:

I think the Windex Outdoor All-In-One Window Cleaner is FANTASTIC, SUPERB - LOVE IT!  I got home from work yesterday and said that I am going to tackle these windows.  I have a large older victorian home with huge windows.  I was only able to do my first floor windows but I was amazed at how easy, fast and clean this window cleaning was to do.  I was so pumped up that I did my mother in laws windows too (we have a mother in law apt. attached to the back of our house).  There was so much solution in the pad that I was able to do 25 windows and there was still suds left on the pad.  I am so happy with this product and I am now more than eager to keep my window clean more than just once a year.  Thank you for inventing this!