Other Cat Treats:
Whiskas Temptations Tartar Control Treats for Cats

Whiskas Temptations Tartar Control Treats for Cats

Pros

Cons

These treats win by a nose. Big time!

Do cats turn their noses up in disgust?  Over the generations, mine sure have.  And in no uncertain terms when it comes to a lot of the treats on the market.     If Vivo could do somersaults, however, I'm sure she would when I pour a half dozen **Whiskas Temptations** on top of her food.  These pillowy little nuggets have two calories apiece and, in some cases, tartar control as well.  For once, packaging claims are right on.  "Shake the pouch and watch your cat come running."     Vivo is clearly in love with these treats.     Yes, the maker, Mars Canada Inc., uses chicken by-products and corn as its first two ingredients.  And yes, there are preservatives and supplements, taurine and vitamins -- some great, some not so good at all.     But there are times when I cater to the tastes of my animals rather than the absolute purity of the product they love.  Treats?  My french fries are Vivo's **Tartar Control Seafood Medley Whiskas Temptations**.  My occasional bacon is Vivo's **Hearty Beef Temptations** and so on with chicken, salmon, and turkey flavors.      Vivo is 10.  As she rounds the corner into older age, I watch her continue her mischief, and I honor her intelligence.  How many cats ring a bell on the back door and, if you don't come right away, ring the bell again?     Good girl!  Have a couple **Temptations.*BOTTOM LINE:***  **Temptations** are *no*t nutritionally sound as a meal.  **Temptations** are the *candy* of our cats' lives.

Whiskas Temptations didn't tempt my cat...

I was very disappointed at the recent purchase of two different flavors of the Whiska Temptations.  My cat isn't particular in what he eats, however these were not his treat of choice.  I opened up the Tasty Chicken Temptations and shook the treat bag as I always do and he came running with joy, however when I gave the treat to him he smelled it and walked away.  Then came back to smell again and walked away.  So, I tried the Tempting Tuna ones thinking maybe he just didn't like the smell of the chicken ones, again he came running with jubilee, I put one on the floor and he again smelled it and he walked away.  I was disappointed but decided to try them the next day.  The next day, once again did the same song and dance for the treats and he came running.  I put both the Tasty Chicken and Tempting Tuna down and he smelled them for a bit and walked away.  I was frustrated I spent money (and these weren't cheap) on treats my cat hated.  I ended up giving them to my dog - probably not the greatest idea, but she liked them.  I wouldn't recommend these treats.

The solution to finicky cat syndrome

from Phoenix, AZ

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Easy To Chew
  • Good Taste
  • Good Value
  • Nutritional
  • Picky cat loves them
  • Right Size

Cons

• Active Cats
    • House Cats
    • Nutritional supplement for picky kitties
    • Regular Treat
    • Special Reward

Comments about Whiskas Temptations Tartar Control Treats for Cats:

I'm a new user of this product. I've seen the adorable ads on TV with the jumping cats going for these treats, but had only older cats who have no teeth, so I didn't consider them. Then, Tigerlily came into my life. She's a pretty, dainty cat who needed a home, and she was given to me along with a bag of these treats. At first, I thought that it wasn't right to give treats and not real cat food. But when Tigerlily wouldn't eat much of the regular food I was giving my cats, I gave her some of these, and she went nuts and gobbled them, then meowed for more. The bags say that these treats are nutritionally balanced and complete. Tigerlily is thriving!

Wonderful Product

Comments about Whiskas Temptations Tartar Control Treats for Cats:

Whiskas Temptations Tartar Control treats are something I can give my cats without worry. They absolutely love the taste; when I get the bag out of the cabinet, they recognize it on sight and immediately begin to beg for the treat. I cannot even get the bag open before they begin to rub against my leg and meow!

My cats went crazy for this!

Comments about Whiskas Temptations Tartar Control Treats for Cats:

I decided to get a bag of temptations for my cats, since they hadn't had a treat in a while. I thought it was a little expensive for such a small bag, and I did not really know if my cats would like it, but I bought it anyway because you have to try new things! I gave a few to each of my two cats, and they devoured it in 5 seconds still wanting more! They chased me around my house meowing for almost an hour! I buy temptations all the time now, its great for training cats, I taught my younger kitten to roll over. I shake the bag when it is time for their treat and they come running to me. I don't have a clue what's in these temptations, but my cats sure do like it! I would recommend this as a treat to any picky cats that don't like most treats, they will love this stuff! Just make sure you don't feed it to any cats that are under 2 months, they might be a little young to digest it, they are not fully developed. Good luck!

Best Cat treat!

from Blackwell, OK

Comments about Whiskas Temptations Tartar Control Treats for Cats:

All three of my cats love Whiskas Temptation treats. I have bought my cats a variety of treats, and different brands and these are by far their favorite treats. One of my cats will actually wake me up in the morning, just to get me up to give her these treats. At first I couldn't figure out what she wanted. Finally I gave her the Whiskas Temptation Treats, and that seemed to quiet her. Now, whenever I have them in stock, she's my early morning wake-up clock. All three will actually do anything for these treats. I have them stand up and jump to reach them. One of my cats will actually tap one of my two hands, picking which hand the treats are in. They cannot do the tricks like a dog, but they do pretty good tricks for being cats. Also what's great about this brand is that it actually helps control their tartar on their teeth. It's probably the best treats made, I recommend these to anyone looking for the benefit of tartar control in a treat their cat will love.

My cats like these a lot

Comments about Whiskas Temptations Tartar Control Treats for Cats:

I have 2 cats and like many pet owners, like to give them healthy treats at times. I like to buy various cat treats to keep my pets from getting bored eating the same thing. One cat treat product I bought was Whiskas Temptations Tartar Control Cat Treats. Both my cats will come running if I shake the bag or get frisky when I say "treat". These cat treats are made with a crunchy outside with a softer middle inside. The crunchy exterior helps control tartar build-up on your cats teeth and keep them healthy. These treats are made with 100% balanced nutrition to help keep our cats healthy with only 2 calories a treat. Sometimes, I find it hard to find cat treats that are both liked by them as well as healthy so I have no guilt in giving it to them. The pouches these treats come in are resealable to help maintain freshness. Balanced nutrition, a taste cats love, a variety of flavors, are all a win-win in these amazing cat treats.

A definite treat!

from Upland, CA USA

Comments about Whiskas Temptations Tartar Control Treats for Cats:

I have two cats and they definitely love Whiskas Temptation Tarter Control Treats. I use these to get my indoor/outdoor cats to come in. I just shake the bag and call "treats" and they come bounding in right away. They gobble them up and never seem to lose their attention. I have given my cats all of the flavors and they seem to like them all equally. I do want to give a warning for the Hairball formula. When my cats ate these a few times, both did throw up hairballs so I guess that is the point. I rarely give my cats this particular flavor because of the mess and that I haven't checked with my vet to see if this is the safest way to deal with hairballs. As far as tarter build up and Whiskas helping to eliminate this, I again am no expert, but my cats both seem very happy and have healthy teeth, so perhaps the treats are working. I am just thrilled by how much my cats both love these treats, and how I can count on the bag enticing my cats back into the house at a moments notice.

Even good for the finicky cat

from Rome, PA

Comments about Whiskas Temptations Tartar Control Treats for Cats:

I have an orange tabby that refused to eat anything but his specific dry cat good. No snacks, canned cat food or even tuna fish. However, once he tried these he loved them. Every morning when I feed the dogs my cats will both run around my feet and cry until they get their snacks. My other cat loves these too, but she will eat anything and everything including people food if she gets the chance. My orange kitty still refuses to eat any canned cat food or any other type of snack (he just plays with other snacks). I would recommend these to any cat owner, they have many different type to choose from. Not only are there many flavors but if there is a specific need, such as hair balls, this brand makes it possible to keep your pet healthy and happy. The crunchy helps keep plaque off their teeth while the inner goodness makes them want more. The best of both worlds, good taste and good health!

Cats love these treats!

Comments about Whiskas Temptations Tartar Control Treats for Cats:

My cat can sometimes be picky with the cat treats I give to her; however, she loves Whiskas Temptations Tartar Control Treats. When I leave for work in the morning all I have to do is shake the bag full of cat treats and she comes running into the room. I have to admit, the packaging on the front of the bag is what made me purchase the treats in the first place. With such bright coloring, a happy cat on the front, and a good deal, who wouldn’t purchase these treats? My cat has issues with hairballs but these treats seem to sit well with her and do not contribute to her hairball issue. They also seem to help with my cat’s teeth with tartar control. I also like that this company offers a variety of flavors to keep my cat interested at treat time every day. The resealable envelope is also convenient since my cat likes these treats so much she knocks over the envelope to see if she can get more.

My cat loves these treats!

Comments about Whiskas Temptations Tartar Control Treats for Cats:

These treats are amazing! They are perfect for my cats very selective tastes. These are the only treats she will eat now. My Sam can't get enough of them. I also like that these treats aren't that bad for my cat. They don't have that many calories and offer great health benefits. The most notable is that they prevent TarTar Build-Up. Sam was having a problem the last time I took her to the veterinarian but, with these treats the problem is vanished. She is healthy and smiling. I also like the price of these treats. They are a great value and don't break the bank. I can indulge my Sam with these treats and not worry about not having to buy her more soon. They seem to last awhile because so many treats come in one bag. Another great thing about this product is that they have so many different flavors and varieties. I can change it up with Sam so she doesn't bored with the same old flavor.

Great inexpensive treat

from Clearfield, UT

Comments about Whiskas Temptations Tartar Control Treats for Cats:

This is the only cat treat my cat will eat! She likes the catnip and teeth care ones the best! She comes out every morning waiting for her treats. She will follow me around until she gets them. These are very inexpensive and come with a lot of treats per bag.