Other Cat Healths:
Greenies

Pros

Cons

Cleaning my Cat's Teeth is a Treat--Not a Chore

As soon as I pull the package of **Feline Greenies Cat Dental Treats** out of the pantry, my little Persia begins purring for her treat.  It's important to my cat's overall health to keep her teeth in good condition with a minimum of plaque buildup.  I didn't think she'd sit still for a manual toothbrushing, so we chose this product instead. **What I Like About Greenies Cat Dental Treats:**

- Treats are specially shaped to help clean kitty's teeth and reduce tartar build-up

- Added vitamins and minerals

- No artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives

- Freshens breath

**What Persia Likes About Greenies Cat Dental Treats:**

- Available in 5 flavors (chicken, fish, salmon, tuna, and beef)

- Less than 2 calories each means she keeps her girlish figure

- Great taste makes cleaning teeth a real treat instead of a chore

Overall, both Persia and I give **Feline Greenies Cat Dental Treats** 2 thumbs (or paws) up!  Each serving consists of 6 - 8 pieces, up to twice a day.  I'm sure they won't take the place of periodic professional dental care, but we're hoping they'll make a difference over the long run.

A cat dental treat that could break teeth

I saw these in the store and thought Scrappy  would give it a try. Scrappy loves the taste, but she couldn't even bite into them because they were so hard.  I gave up giving them to her in fear she would break her teeth on them.  She would try to bite into them and she would give up and just swallow the treat whole. Not something I needed her to do. I ended up tossing the bag away and went back to her other dental treats I had been giving her before.

Not only great for dogs, they are amazing for cats as well.

from Stroudsburg, PA

Comments about Feline Greenies Dental Treats:

I have always bought the Grennies Bone's for my dog, so I was really excited when they started to make the treats for cats, and were selling them at PetSmart. The flavor of the treats that I bought were the oven roasted chicken flavor. My cat absolutely loves these treats. Whenever I shake the little treat bag she runs to me, and she begs for them. Even if I just give her one, she wants more. Not only do they taste good, but they are really healthy for cats as well. The crunchiness in the cat treats help your cat to get rid of plaque buildup, tartar, and overall make their oral care better in the long run. I also noticed that they helped out with my cats breath as well. After trying out the chicken flavor, I also bought my cat the catnip flavor too. The catnip flavor drove her absolutely crazy and wild for them. She couldn't resist eating them.

The Feline Greenies also have a lot of wonderful healthy ingredients in them as well. They have ground flax seed to help with digestion, brewers yeast to keep my cats fur and skin healthy, and taurine to help with eye, brain, and healthy heart function. There are many more great ingredients, like essential vitamins and nutrients. The only ingredient I was not pleased with was the corn gluten meal. It's a cheap filler that they throw into cat food and treats, and it provides no nutritional value to them. It is really hard for cats to digest, and can hurt them in the long run. Over all though, these are great cat treats. My cat loves them, beside the corn gluten they are very healthy, they make my cats fur and skin healthier, as well as helping get rid of tartar, and making her breath smell better. Not to mention she loves the flavors she tried out especially the cat nip.

I really want to get her the succulent beef, and the tempting tuna flavors next. If you haven't already tried out the Greenies for you cat you should. They will love you for it, and it will keep your cat strong and healthy.

Worth the Price!

from Christiansburg, VA

Comments about Feline Greenies Dental Treats:

Greenies do cost more than many other treats, but the quality and effectiveness is there. I love that these treats help my cat's "dragon breath" immensely! It had gotten so bad at one point, that he could be sitting at my feet and I could hardly stand the smell of his breath. These treats are crunchy, so they help control tartar and have ingredients to neutralize bad breath...and he loves them!! Thank you Greenies! Now my kitty boy can sit on my lap again without causing me to gasp for air! I also give them to our other cat to prevent dental problems in the future. The variety of flavors makes it nice, so that each cat's preferences can be met. One likes the chicken, the other likes the salmon and both of them love the catnip! If price is an issue, do an internet search. They go on sale at different vendor websites throughout the year. Consider it an investment in your cat's dental (and overall) health. Preventive care to avoid professional tooth cleaning (and anesthesia).

Comments about Feline Greenies Dental Treats:

So these cat/kitten treats are meant to help their teeth and freshen their breath. To be perfectly honest with you I do not make a habit out of smelling my kitten's breath so I do not know if these claims are true or not. I grabbed these at the store since they were on sale and I like to treat my guy to knew treats every so often. He absolutely loves them, goes crazy meowing and purring as soon as I grab the bag and start shaking it. Like most cat treats these are very small so you have to give them a few to make it a real treat. Only problem with that is that the bag does not last very long and these cost more than other treats. I bought the roasted chicken flavor and am happy to say they do not have a strong odor like some pet foods and treats can. Whether or not they actually reduce tartar and freshen breath I will buy them when on sale since my kitten seems to love them so much. He is my little baby and whatever makes him happy makes me happy!

Either your cats loves them or hates them

Comments about Feline Greenies Dental Treats:

They seem like a good idea, all healthy looking cat treats. My mother's two cats LOVE them. I think it's because they haven't ever had the "good stuff". My cat, who was raised on the real junk food of cat cookies, won't touch these greenies. She will chase them, bat them around, try to eat them. She eventually spits them out and leaves a gross little puddle/pile of attempted to be chewed cat treat. I would recommend trying them, but don't be disappointed if your cats looks at you like you're nuts. Maybe start your kitten on them, then they won't know any better and will love these. I buy these only when I know my mom's cats are coming to visit, and I send them off with them when they leave. No need to have these hanging around the house.

Also my dog loves them, but he eats anything, so I wouldn't be too quick to take that as a vote for them. He ate a bug off the driveway the other day, so these definitely taste as good as or better than driveway bugs.

Keep Your Cats' Teeth As Clean As Kittens' Teeth

Comments about Feline Greenies Dental Treats:

These are not your ordinary supermarket cat treats. No exotic flavors, no obviously artificial colors. Just dark green and quite tasty for cats.
I split a bag a week between my 7 year old cats. They have never had any dental problems and they never have bad breath. The only problem is that they love these treats so much that they try to sneak into the cabinet I keep them in. They are pricy, but no so much as having dental work! If my cats could speak, they would tell you to get these treats for your cats.
You will be happy to save money in the long run; your cats will absolutely love the treats and will eat them eagerly.
These are absolutely the best treat on the market for the prevention of tartar on the teeth.
Neither I nor my cats have received a sample, nor am I an employee or affiliate of the Greenies brand, just a happy and satisfied customer whose two cats join me in recommending this product.

Got the job done

Comments about Feline Greenies Dental Treats:

I got my cat from a shelter, and when we brought him home his breath was horrible. I bought these treats to try to solve that problem and they did the trick! These weren't Oscar's favorite treats, but he still liked them well enough to eat them. Oscar is a 2 year old tabby.

Make your cats go nuts!

Comments about Feline Greenies Dental Treats:

I have two cats who both love their treats. My boy cat was often throwing them up after eating and I felt really bad giving them to my girl cat and not letting him have any. I checked with my vet and he told my to try different brands and see what I could find. I tried so many but whenever I found one the boy cat could eat the girl hated them. So I was just giving them each different things which was a real pain. One day I saw these so I bought one. Well they were a hit. They go nuts for them. They are a little expensive and I would like to see a coupon out. But I will continue to buy these and highly recommend them. The packages don't reseal very well. I would like to see a better seal. I also hope you expand your flavors a little as well. I really like that I actually know what all the ingredients are. My cats are like my children and I don't like to give them a bunch of junkie food. All in all these are the best out there

First Time User & My cat adores these!

from New York, NY

Comments about Feline Greenies Dental Treats:

I was giving my cat another well known brand of treats, daily after his brushing as a reward, so he would come around to his daily brush after breakfast (which he did! lol),
but yesterday I saw the Feline Greenies range of Smart Bites at my local pet shop.

Feline Greenies Smart Bites for Healthy Skin and Fur, in chicken and read the back to see some fantastic stats
-- Minimum protein 30 percent
-- I saw the Minerals of Iron, Zinc
-- Vitamins E and B 12 and Fish Oil (Omega 3)
-- DHA and EPA (acids)
So I bought a bag and its terrific because my cat gobbles them down! I was surprised since he is so fussy!!!! (his wet food is so limited flavor range because he doesn't liek so many types), but as soon as he smelled these Feline Greenies Smart Bites he started pushing to get to them and clears his plate so much faster than the other brand I was using. Also afterwards he revisited his treat plate a few times hoping for more to appear lol.

Also one other thing I find nice about these are they have more moisture than the other brand, which makes them a bit more tender too (Good for cat owners who may have cats without teeth like my last cat Ozzie, or has a cat with gum or teeth issues).

This morning again its these Feline Greenies Smart Bites he chose over the others I put in the same plate, so it looks like I will be a loyal customer now and we have a winner! lol I look forward to trying the other versions too to mix things up a bit and I like knowing I am adding a bit more nutrition to his diet this way when I am providing a treat anyway.

I would definitely say, try a pack and see if your kitty enjoys them as much as my Leo does : )

Comments about Feline Greenies Dental Treats:

My cat loves the Feline Greenies Dental Treats! She hears me get the bag out of the cupboard and she always come running to the kitchen just like a dog!
We have the Succulent Beef Flavor and our cat loves them. We give her 3 or 4 pieces several times a day. I like how the package gives you feeding guidelines.
The ingredient list is long and I am sure this is not the best treat on the market, but we I think they are better than some of the other brands. They aren't full of calories so they won't add a lot of weight to your cat and they help to reduce tartar and plaque buildup on teeth. They are shaped like fish which I think is so cute for a cat treat!!
We don't brush our cat's teeth, so I feel that these treats help to clean her teeth and keep her breath smelling fresh. The bag is just the right size and it has a zipper seal so it is easy to open and close and it keeps the treats fresh.
Feline Greenies are a good affordable treat for cats.

Expensive but you can not keep my cat away

Comments about Feline Greenies Dental Treats:

I can't open a plastic bag in my house now without my cat freaking out thinking its his Greenies. He is absolutely obsessed with them and would probably eat the whole bag if I left them out on the counter. He has some tartar problems and to be honest I have not seen a huge difference with these. I also am very careful about portion control because these treats are just filled with delicious fat (hence why he loves them so much). But Greenies is a brand that I trust and if he's going to eat a treat I'd rather it be these than can allegedly help him in some ways than something that is just totally junk.

By biggest issue, though, is the price of these treats. Are they made from famous chickens or something? Are these acrorn fed Bellota hogs? For how much they cost, they better be. But since I portion them out due to fat content a bag usually lasts me a decently long time anyway.