2.7

Pros

Cons

Terrible oven

from Lancaster, NY

Comments about Whirlpool Freestanding Gas Range WFG361LVB WFG361LVS WFG361LVT WFG361LVD:

I purchased this oven less than 3 months ago and have already had the Whirlpool repair man over twice. The oven started having problems right off the bat, you cannot adjust the temperature up and down in the same cooking cycle (I am an avid baker and used to change the temperature all the time on my old oven). I've had to have my gas regulator replaced, and the oven has a tendency to "super heat" meaning the gas won't cycle off and instead of a 350 degree oven, I end up with a 500 degree oven. I'm considering calling the store I purchased it from and telling them to take it back. Do not buy this oven, unless you love problems.

The design is the only attractive thing about the oven

• Heat Distribution:

Oven is better thank expected

I reluctanly purchased this range when we remodeled our kitchen last summer to replace a wall oven that still worked fine. However I didnt realize how much I didnt really like my wall oven until I started using this range. It cooks everything so well and inthe exact suggested time. Not the guessing game as with my other. The stove works with eas as well

Temperature Control
Can use the suggested cooktime without worry

Heat Distribution
distributes heat thoughout evenly

durable

looks great

the one thing i dont like is the cleaning of the burners. very difficult to get clean

• Heat Distribution:

If That Whirlpool Repair Man Comes To The Door ONE MORE TIME...

from Podunk, NY

We are very hard on our kitchen appliances. One of the items we have always put to a lot of use has been the Whirlpool gas range. With four grates on it, a back panel that has an LED clock/timer feature and a very large oven with bottom drawer, this range is a very basic unit, but has had some problems over time. Still we love it for the large oven.

Temperature Control
When it is working, this range has a nice temperature control. We have had to replace the oven glo bar once and the thermostat twice in the last 7 years or so. That is too much! We still love the range though.

Heat Distribution
Both the burners and the oven have great heat distribution. Everything gets heated evenly and things cook very nicely- when it is working, that is.

We have had to replace the glo bar and the thermostat (computer panel) twice on this stove. That is way too much for only 7 years. When the oven and stove is working, however, it is a wonderful roomy oven and good solid burners. We use cast iron on them all of the time and they hold up well. Our auto light for the burners is also broken. We light it with a lighter when we want to use it.

The design is fantastic, if only the durability factor was better. If all of the parts worked all of the time, this would be a stove we would want to keep for years due to the large oven, the moveable racks, the decent drawer underneath, and the nice sturdy burners.

This is not easy to clean. Burned on food tends to stay put, as no matter what I try, it is not easy to clean it off. The back of the stove had the paint come off from cleaning it often, which makes the stove look a bit tacky.

• Heat Distribution:

It's okay, well until I set it on fire.

from Ypsilanti, MI

Yes, I've managed to set this thing on fire, grease from some steaks in the broiler was popping and ignited the flame down there. Luckily it was put out and I can still use it just fine. All-in-all, it works but it has it's problems. The biggest in being it's easily dirtied and hard to clean and keep clean. It has this recessed area on the range that collects grease galore and odd crusty stuff. You get it cleaned up and not too long later it's dirty again. Though I have a bigger problem with the loudness of this oven. You go and turn it on and once it's heated up it lets out this ear-shattering beep to let you know it's on. Thanks very much I could've figured that out and kept my ears from bleeding. Luckily I can't say I was the one who picked this thing out, I'm just stuck using it.

Whirlpool range WFG361LVQ to hot to touch

from Des Moines, IA

The top of this range, while boiling water gets to hot to touch. The stove top can be any where from 213 degrees  to 114 degrees. Whirlpool says there are no spec's on how hot the stove top can get while cooking. For those with children, not safe to be close to.  Beware you can be burnt.  Even the counter beside the range gets to 105 degrees. The oven temp control does not work properly. To get the oven to 350 dgrees you must set the temp to 360. Not bad for a older range, but when one is less than a year old, not to good.

Watch out, the burners are slick!

from Wichita, KS

The Whirlpool 30" Freestanding Gas Range (#WFG361LVQ) is a basic, lower-cost range. It takes quite awhile for the oven to heat up to the proper temperature, but once it does get there, it stays there fairly well. However, the biggest design flaw of this range is the burners. They are VERY slick. My (adult) daughter was making a batch of fudge on this range when it was only a few weeks old, and the pan slid right off the side of the burner and the boiling sugar splashed out onto her hand/wrist. She suffered second-degree burns from it. It healed fine and no lasting damage was done, but it was horrible and painful and took quite a while to heal from. So, it is just something to be cautious of when considering purchasing this range. The burners are SO slick, especially when new, that pans do slick and slide around on them enough to dip off the edge and slosh out boiling liquid onto you. You need to be aware of that. They don't seem as slick anymore, but we all may be overly cautious will them now too, so I cannot be sure if they are less slick or if we all just have tighter grips on the pans we're using.