Other Kitchen Ranges:

GE Freestanding Electric Range

Pros

Cons

• Heat Distribution:

If you have to have electric, this is a good option

from Pittsburgh, PA USA

Comments about GE Freestanding Electric Range:

I usually hate electric stoves. I much prefer a gas cooktop, but in my current apartment, appliances are provided and this was the stove I had to work with. I was pleasantly surprised about how much I liked it.

Temperature Control
About 80 percent of the time, I get a nice even cook from the oven portion of this stove. However, there are times that I will cook the same exact item in the same cookware and have to cook it for different amounts of time. Since then, I have been more careful about checking the items I am cooking before or right at the shortest recommended cooking times. I am not sure why it does this, but for the most part, I am happy with it.

80% of the time this works perfectly

This stove holds up well to a lot of use. We use it almost every day, sometimes with both the oven and cooktop going and have yet to have any issues.

Overall, a nice design. Looks nice in your home and fits with a lot of different decors.

It is very easy to clean the oven both internal and the cooktop. It is a little bit of a challenge to get the cooktop to look smudge and streak free. It make take more than one wipe down or finding the product that works best for you.

• Heat Distribution:

GE did make a great STOVE

from Tom Bean, Texas

Comments about GE Freestanding Electric Range:

I have had this lower end stove for 13 years now and have had absolutely no issues with it what so ever. It heats well, cleans well and has been an ever dependable unit in my home of "meals made fresh" every night. The burners have no problems and appear to heat evenly with my pots and pans, the oven heats up quickly and doesn't waiver and the self cleaning mechanism has always worked well.

Temperature Control
No issues with temp control. It has worked well since day ONE!

Heat Distribution
Granted, I have really awesome Analon pans but it seems to heat evenly and with consistency. I don't have any problems with heat.

So far, so good! 13 years and still going!

I love the cooktop as it is smooth and cleans so easily! Even when I get something on the "burner", it cleans up easily with some ceramic cleaner and a sponge. Even with dairy products burned on, it cleans well.

The cooktop is easily cleaned as is the inside with the self cleaning mechanism.

Great Product!

Comments about GE Freestanding Electric Range:

We recently had to replace our electric stove, and, after much research, we decided to purchase the GE Freestanding Electric Range. So far, I like it very much. It distributes the heat evenly, so you do not end up with your food burning on one side of your skillet but not getting done on the other side. I hated that about my old stove. Also, it heats up pretty quick and has great temperature control. It does not heat up and then cool down and then heat up again like my last stove did. Instead, it keeps the temperature the same until you actually change it yourself. I like that it has a smooth top instead of the kind of old fashioned burners that my old stove had. The smooth top makes it much easier to clean. I no longer have to worry about grease falling under the burner and smoking up my kitchen! I am a very messy cook, so easy maintenance is a must for me. The design is absolutely beautiful as well. So far, I just love this GE Freestanding Electric Range!

i love it dearly

Comments about GE Freestanding Electric Range:

I love the fact that I got move space in it.

I just love my stove.

Heat Distribution
heat fast and cook good.

I had 3 stoves been in my home for 13 years but with this 1 it been a over a year and it still doing good cause I'm on it all the time.

like it 2 big eyes and 2 little one and spacey

easy wipe it out some and self-clean.

Good stove

from Rural Retreat, VA

Comments about GE Freestanding Electric Range:

Right before Thanksgiving my oven part of my old stove went out. Needless to say I was suppose to cook Thanksgiving dinner for my entire family. My oldest son had said he could fix my oven, it needed a new element, so that is what I was expecting. He went out and bought this stove for me for an early Christmas present. So far, it has worked out pretty good. The oven part heats up and cooks very evenly, it is a little hotter than my old one so I have to adjust the temperature. The old stove had the regular electric burners, the kind that were raised up. This stove has the smooth eyes which don't work very well if you have pots and pans that are uneven on the bottom, when they start boiling they will boil right off the stove, if you are not careful. I also don't particular care for the clean up, it is hard to get boiled over stuff off of the outer ring part of the eye and you have to purchase and use a special cleaning product, which is kinda expensive and a special cleaning scratcher. All in all it does what it is suppose to.

• Heat Distribution:

I love the cooktop on this stove!

from Dallas, GA

Comments about GE Freestanding Electric Range:

I had this Electric stove and cooktop in the house before we own now. I really miss the flat glass electric cooktop. It's so much easier to clean than the coiled units. It's also easier to clean than a gas cooktop. The only problems I had were once it got hot, it stayed hot so you had to be careful about not touching it or cleaning it until it had cooled down. It also seemed to hold a temperature longer than the coiled units but after a little practice, you figured it out. It is a sleek unit. Unlike the coil ones or iron ones, it doesn't rust because it's glass. The oven cooked things well. The only problem I had was that it seemed to run too hot or too cool but I haven't had an oven that didn't do that at one point or another, you just use an oven thermometer and adjust your cooking temperature. I feel like this is a good unit for the money and held up well. I did a lot of cooking on it and it never let me down!

LOVE IT

from Xenia, IL

Comments about GE Freestanding Electric Range:

I was not a fan of ceramic cook tops until we bought this range. But this one is wonderful. It has even heat on the burners. I really like the expandable burner in the front as you can set it to small or large pans. The oven has nice even heat and accurate temperature control. I love the hidden bake element so there is no coils to clean around. The steam clean feature works ok, but I would have preferred a self cleaning oven as it gets much hotter and there is no scrubbing involved. With the steam clean you still have to wipe the whole oven cavity out, but it's better than manual cleaning. I have owned this range for 7 months and I do a ton of cooking. As everyone else has said, you must be very careful of boil overs and if it happens make sure to clean the top as soon as it's cool enough. Be especially careful not to boil over anything with sugar in it as you may never get it all off. Also be sure that there is no grease or anything on the burners before you start cooking as it can 'cook' right in to the surface. All in all it's very easy to maintain. A lot easier than a coil top in my opinion.
You won't be disappointed with this range unless you are a die hard gas cook as I used to be. But the house we just moved in to is all electric, so I had no choice. It does take some getting used to. But after I did, I love it. Don't get me wrong, I would go back to gas in a heart beat if I had a choice but this stove is the next best thing.

I would have liked the oven self clean feature rather than steam clean.

Great Stove

from Webb City, MO

Comments about GE Freestanding Electric Range:

This oven works well. It was timing features, automatic shutoff features, etc. The hidden element is great. Creates much more room inside the oven. It does take a little while to preheat but the even cooking makes up for it.

Temperature Control
Very easy to set the temperature on this oven.

Heat Distribution
The hidden element and the relaying eyes of the stove make the heat distribution very even.

• Heat Distribution:

This has been a good electric range.

from Saint George, UT

Comments about GE Freestanding Electric Range:

We have been using this electric range for over six years now. We have not experienced any problems with it. There are two large burners and two small burners. One of the large burners has the ability to be used as a small burner as well which is very convenient. I have noticed that the larger burners seem to heat up faster for some reason.
We have also used the oven on a regular basis and have not experienced any problems with it. It is a self-cleaning oven which is very convenient. The self-cleaning feature does a pretty good job, but it is still necessary to do a little cleanup by hand after it has finished the self-cleaning process. I would definitely recommend this electric range.

• Heat Distribution:

Wonderful Stove! Five stars from me!

Comments about GE Freestanding Electric Range:

I absolutely love my stove! My husband I got this stove 2 years ago (used) when we got married, and it has worked wonderfully for us! I cook, and bake a lot, and I LOVE it! It is easy to keep clean, easy to use, and I think it looks great too! It has not given us any problems, and I am very happy with it! My old stove only had 2 oven racks with it and I'm thrilled that this one has 3! That is a big plus for me, since I bake a lot! I would definately recommend this stove to my friends and family! "five stars" :)

Temperature Control
very good, everything I've made turns out very well with this temp.

great!

I think this stove is very durable and well built!

I love the design/features and looks of this stove

you still have to clean it :) but it's not complicated :)