Other Kitchen Ranges:

Whirlpool Freestanding Electric Range

Great for the price

from Connecticut

Comments about Whirlpool Freestanding Electric Range:

We just bought this oven for our new house and were trying to keep the cost down. So far it has been a great oven for what we paid for it. It heats up pretty fast and efficiently and doesn't burn or overcook the food. It is pretty reliable. The only downside to this oven is that the stainless steel does become dirty quickly and really shows. My other complaint is that the top is kind of hard to clean as well. I dropped a noodle on a hot burner which cooked it right into the burner before I could even get something to wipe it with without burning my hand. I cannot get it off now what so ever and it looked like a giant scratch on the burner now. It has been pretty durable thus far. I would also recommend bolting into the wall with the piece because even though it is a heavy oven I feel as though it could easily tip with just the right amount of pressure which could be very dangerous.

• Temperature Control:
  • Heat Distribution:

Cooks great, looks great!!

Comments about Whirlpool Freestanding Electric Range:

About 18 months ago, I decided that my kitchen needed a mini-makeover. I decided to change out all of my appliances from white to stainless steel. I was originally attracted to this range because of its sleek stainless steel look. I liked the the stainless steel with black accents. The long horizontal bar running across the top of the range door gave the range up updated, modern look as well. This range was priced reasonably and within my budget and offered the features that I wanted. I definitely needed it to be self cleaning and not only was it self cleaning but it offered at steam cleaning feature which has been so effective. I no longer have to scrub the inside of my oven! I also wanted a glass top range as I was so sick of the ugly coils that I'd had previously. Now, I had envisioned that that the glass top would be super-easy to clean compared to my coil top electric range and that isn't necessarily the case. The glass top is attractive but I find it pretty difficult to clean and to keep clean. It hasn't been ideal. I wouldn't recommend this for a neat freak. The burners do heat nicely and evenly. Overall, I'm satisfied with my purchase because this oven functions really well.

• Temperature Control:
  • Heat Distribution:

This Whirlpool Electric range is worth the money!

from Maumee, OH

Comments about Whirlpool Freestanding Electric Range:

My husband and I purchased this Whirlpool range when we remodeled our kitchen last year. We bought the entire set of Whirlpool stainless steel appliances and they look great in our kitchen! I love the flat-top surface. It is so easy to clean. The only downfall is that you must keep the ceramic top clean all the time or risk getting permanent stains on the surface. Make sure that you buy the ceramic top cleaner because sometimes that is the only way to get the gunk off the top. I also do not like how the oven takes an extremely long time to heat up. It seems like it takes at least 30 minutes for the oven to heat up to 425 degrees Fahrenheit or higher. I think it takes longer for the oven to heat up then it does to actually cook the food. I am not sure, however, if this is common for all electric ranges, or not. Overall, I pretty satisfied with my purchase.

Amazing!

from Linden, MI

Comments about Whirlpool Freestanding Electric Range:

My husband and I purchased this range when we had first bought our new home.  I had wanted a flat range and he had also thought they looked nicer.  I really do love this addition to our appliances, but I find the flat top to be somewhat irritating to clean.  Yes, it's flat so it is easier. It can just be wiped clean...or so I thought.  I found that I had to purchase a specific cleaner to get the top clean enough to live up to my expectations.  Now, it's clean, but there are marks on the top that I cannot get clean.  They look like scuff marks. I am guessing they are from the heat because they are rings around where the pans would sit.  Although this is a downfall of this range, it is very nice to have as well. I enjoy that I do not have to lift up any burners to clean up.  Another upside to this range is that the burners heat up really fast.  And you can see them heat up because they turn red.  I also enjoy that the range tells you when the oven is still hot (by a red light lit up) even when the burners are all turned off.

Fantastic range and oven!!!

from Fowlerville, MI

Comments about Whirlpool Freestanding Electric Range:

We bought this brand new about a year ago from a friend who always has extra new appliances for his rental houses (he buys them on clearance).  I love this oven/range.  We use it constantly for just the two of us and we also used it for Thanksgiving dinner!  So whether it's for two people or a group of 13 this oven/range can certainly cover all of the bases.  I definitely wanted stainless for our appliances so they are more fitting with today's kitchens and this definitely fit the bill.  I love that it has a burner that is single or dual depending on your needs.  It's also incredibly easy to clean the range on this since it's a flat top.  The only thing I would change on this is... well honestly right now off the top of my head I can't think of anything.  I mean yeah if I could I'd get a 5 or 6 burner range, but that doesn't fit in the space we have for a range/oven so I'm quite happy with this one and its performance thus far.  Definitely a good option if you're out looking for a new oven/range.

Great oven, flimsy storage drawer

from Phoenix, AZ

Comments about Whirlpool Freestanding Electric Range:

This is a great oven that I've had now for almost 2 years! This was one of my first major appliance purchases so I tried to do some research before buying. One of the many great features of this electric range is the steam clean option! I live in Arizona where in the summertime it can get up to 120+ degrees! Self cleaning is NOT an option during the summer so the steam clean is a fantastic feature for summertime! You just put a few ounces of water on the bottom of the oven and push the steam clean button. When it's done you just wipe out the excess water and wipe down the inside of the oven. This is more of a weekly maintenance type feature and not for really tough messes. But perfect when you want to clean the oven without heating your house up for 3+ hours. My other favorite features are the warming burner and the VERY large burner that is perfect for woks and large pans. I think the only negative about this oven is the storage drawer, it seems kind of flimsy and I avoid putting too much in it for fear of it breaking.

Whirlpool Bliss!

from Cape Girardeau, MO

Comments about Whirlpool Freestanding Electric Range:

I love my Whirlpool stainless steel range!  We purchased our stove a couple of years ago as a present to ourselves and I'm so glad we did!  We wanted something that was stainless steel and sleek-looking for our newly remodeled kitchen for that nice, high-end look.  Some stainless steels are hard to keep clean or make them look clean, but the whirlpool's stainless is one that cleans well and never really looks dirty even when it is.  I love that I have a convection oven at my fingertips that creates perfectly baked cookies, dinners, and breads.  It cuts down on my time in the kitchen because it cooks quicker and more evenly.  I love how easy it is to clean the stovetop, which is a big plus!  Many stovetops end up looking awful with the grime that sometimes gets stuck on, but this range is easy to clean.  I enjoy being able to clean the range with a push of a button and it simply takes about 5 minutes.  I love this product and would suggest it to anyone interested in a new range!!

Whirlpool Steam Clean Oven is great!

from Bellevue, NE

Comments about Whirlpool Freestanding Electric Range:

We purchased the Whirlpool Steam Clean Oven in Stainless Steel a little over a year ago.  It has been the best electric oven we've had!  I love having the 5 burners available, with two having two different sizes as well.  It makes cooking much easier to have the right size burner.  The convection oven option is amazing!  Bakes cookies, bread, bakes more evenly and better than the regular oven!  French fries taste like they have been fried.  The steam clean option is really cool.  You put a little bit of water on the bottom and push a button to start!  Then just wipe out when finished!  The warming burner is great for chocolates or keeping food warm!  The Stainless Steel does get fingerprints easily but I use a cleaner on all my appliances once a week so it's not too bad to up keep.  My dogs do not help with their wet noses and always trying to find every little crumb!  haha  You will love this oven!