Other Kitchen Ranges:

Pros

Cons

Great for the PRICE!

Comments about Whirlpool Freestanding Gas Range:

Overall the product is wonderful, it maintains oven temperature quite well which is wonderful. Our previous oven would not hold the temperature which was really frustrating, until we came across the whirpool.

Temperature Control
The ease of use is really easy. The oven is electronic, select your option, set temperature and press start, easy as 1-2-3.

Heat Distribution
Range stove top heat distribution is not perfect, do not get me wrong, it is efficient. However, I have noticed sometimes the flame will be hotter on one side...The oven is perfect and never had any problems with it.

I have had my kitchen range for nearly a year now, and it has been wonderful with no complications.

The design is simple but very easy to use. I do wish it had a feature where you can set to have the oven turn on and off at a certain time. Although, it does have the basic, bake, broil, and timer.

Ease of cleaning this product is by far the easies I have encountered. The top can be easily taken apart to be cleaned which makes the cleaning a breeze.

Great little range!

Comments about Whirlpool Freestanding Gas Range:

I just recently purchased this oven and it is way better, and more technologically advanced than the 1970's oven that I had before this one.

Temperature Control
This oven takes a little while to heat up, which is a set back from my previous oven. This oven takes longer to preheat. The range is good on temperature control, it had 3 different size burners (2 are the same size and then one is larger and the other smaller.) one thing I really like about the temperature control is that you don't have to guess if you you want to turn it to the lowest setting, on this oven, the highest setting is next to off, so the lowest setting is the exacts opposite and you don't have to worry about if you accidentally turned it off by trying to set it to low.

Heat Distribution
The oven has an even heat distribution and I have yet to burn anything in it while I have cooked.

I can't really speak for durability, I've only had the oven a few months but so far so good.

It's an awesome design, I love that the setting for the oven is up high with buttons and not a knob. Definitely an improvment from my last oven.

It has a self clean feature, which I have yet to use because I've heard bad things about it. I just clean it by hand. I actually recommend cleaning the range with window cleaner because anything else will result in streaks.

• Heat Distribution:

It will be a cold day in hell before I buy another Whirlpool

from Durham, NC

Comments about Whirlpool Freestanding Gas Range:

Our Whirlpool gold gas range randomly shuts itself off for no apparent reason. If you happen to be close to it, you might hear the distinctive "clunk" sound it makes when it happens, but the gas gets locked and the oven just shuts itself right off. You'll come home from the store and not have any idea how long your pot roast has been sitting in the cold. The repair guys can't find the problem, and it happens randomly so I can't reproduce it. I hate the piece of junk. It is impossible to get around the burners clean. The oven window seals are crappy too; I sprayed some Easy-off and it got all inside the window; had to take the door completely off and apart to get that cleaned up.

Temperature Control
Giving it a poor for 2 reasons; 1. THE OVEN SHUTS OFF BY ITSELF and 2. because I'm still pissed about reason 1.

Heat Distribution
Poor because the broiler really sucks too; it;'s just a single line gas burner and it sucks. 2 burners would be better. Two ceramic elements would be way better. The burners are just OK.

Shuts off by itself, and has since day 1. Where is the quality control? Impossible to clean around the burners. Crappy seal around the window.

Weird mix of digital and manual controls. Pick one. Preferably manual. I don't need nor want a digital display on my oven.

Easy-Off gets in the oven door window. Impossible to get around the burners clean.

• Heat Distribution:

A great appliance and a great price!

from Berkley, MI

Comments about Whirlpool Freestanding Gas Range:

I absolutely love this range! I've needed a new range for almost 4 years. My old one wouldn't maintain temperature at all. I fell in love with the concept of having a 5th burner, but didn't fall in love with the prices of most of those until I saw this one! I am in heaven! The grates are heavy duty, the 5th burner came with a griddle as well as a standard grate, which was a surprise, I thought it would only come with the griddle. It has a built-in timer and an oven light....two small luxuries I didn't have with my previous oven. The only downside for me is that the bottom drawer isn't a storage drawer, it's the broiler. I have a small kitchen and storing lids to pots and pans in that drawer is a necessity for me; however, I don't broil much, so I have a few things in there and can easily pull them out if I want to broil something. This model is also not self-cleaning, so if you're someone who does not want to manually clean your oven, it won't be for you. Personally I find if you clean up spills right after the oven cools down, you will have no worries. Overall I am very happy! This is a great product, it looks great, it works even better and it's so affordable you can feel like you're cooking on luxury even on a budget!

Awsome Gas Range

from Garden Grove, CA

Comments about Whirlpool Freestanding Gas Range:

We brought the Whirlpool 30" Freestanding Gas Range model WFG231LV to upgrade our 12 years old Whirlpool gas range. The model WFG231LV caught our eyes because of the extra burner in the middle. The stove is simple and easy to use. It is almost the same as our old one expect for the middle burner. The stove is easy to install and hookup with our existed line without any problem. Cooking on it is much faster since there are two bigger BTU burners. My family loves it since it allows us to multi task and cooking for the whole family has been easier. Also it has a built-in cook timer for baking. It is easy to clean too. One complain I got about this stove is the Grills. The top grills make like the pots and pan would side off into the ground because it is too even.

So far so Good!

from Esko, MN

Comments about Whirlpool Freestanding Gas Range:

We just purchased this range in white a month or so ago when our old gas range was turning the walls in our house black. It was old and time for a new one, quick! We found this one on clearance and I really liked the griddle option in the middle. I use it to make pancakes for my twin boys! Easy clean too! The only thing I don't like about it so far is that the racks are raised. With twin two-year old boys in the house it makes me a little nervous. Our model came with predominant Spanish and English as the second smaller language. Doesn't really bother me as it might bother some people. I was leaning toward a convection oven as I do a lot of baking but the price was right on this one and I found that it cooks my six loaves of bread wonderfully! No problems with it so far. I would recommend it.

Awesome Whirpool Product!

from San Jose, CA

Comments about Whirlpool Freestanding Gas Range:

This Whirpool Freestanding Gas Range is great for any indoor or even outdoor kitchen. It comes with a griddle and an extra stove. This is like what those professional cooks use and you cannot go wrong with this especially if you are a lover of cooking. The built-in stove is awesome very convenient. You can seriously multitask in different areas of cooking with this magnificent oven. There is even a lower lower oven that you can cook smaller things. There is a griddle included so you can use that to grill some steaks or even fry some eggs for breakfast. This product contains so many different types of cooking and even an extra stove top that you can cook so many things at once. Gas powered, it is cheaper I believe than the electric stoves!

Whirlpool Gas Range is really great!

from Concord, CA

Comments about Whirlpool Freestanding Gas Range:

I have the stainless steel version of this range and I love it!  The griddle in the middle is a fantastic addition to a stove.  It is very convenient to have this extra burner and the griddle in the center of the stove.  It is easy to clean, because the burner covers are magnetic (I think) and they come off to clean the top of the stove easily.  The burner grates are really heavy duty and have legs, so it is easy to remove them for cleaning also.  There is a storage drawer under neath the oven and that is very convenient.  I keep the extra grate in there for the center burner and put the griddle in there when I am not using it.  The burners work wonderfully and so does the oven.  It took a little while to get used to setting the oven using an electronic control instead of a knob, like previous ovens I have had, but now I don't have any problem with that.  I do have a problem remembering to hit "cancel" when I am done using the oven though.  Other than that it is totally a great stove!

I love the extra burner; comes with a griddle!

from Houston, TX

Comments about Whirlpool Freestanding Gas Range:

This over is so great. It has an extra burner in the middle and they provide you with a griddle to put in place of the cast iron grates! so useful!  the cooktop area is black which goes great with the stainless steel facade. It is a gas range - which i am loving because they cook so much faster than your regular electric ovens.