Other Cat Foods:
Wellness

Pros

Cons

Lifesaver!

We had been feeding our cats a cheap well known cat food found at most stores. We'd fed our older cat this her whole life without any problems. However, our youngest cat suddenly got really itchy flaky skin and began chewing off her fur. Our older cat had the same issue previously, but we thought it had been due to stress.

After taking the cat to the vet we found out she had become allergic to grain, which is found in most cat food (and almost all regular or cheap ones). Wellness Core was one of the grain-free products I had read about online after doing extensive research into healthy high-quality cat foods. The vet recommended it as well.

A few weeks into eating the new food and both cats stopped most of their chewing. Some does appear to be stress related, but they no longer have flaky itchy skin or huge patches of fur missing.

I LOVE that this food is high quality, grain-free, and high protein. We're able to feed our cats less often, and they're not screaming in hunger every 5 minutes.

The only two downsides I can think of are the price, which is fair for the quality and type of cat food, and the crumbs. The food does have a fair amount of crumbs in it. I emailed the company about this problem and they said it was the lack of filler that other places uses to hold the food together. I'm fine with that, though one of the cats wont touch any broken up pieces of food, so we have to sift it for her.

Overall this seems to be the best quality and safest food on the market, and it's easily found at you local petsmart or pet supply plus.

wellness core is overrated

My cat has a sensitive stomach, and i have tried foods formulated specially for sensitive stomach, and i did not see any change in her digestive system. So after reading many reviews, including of people who had cats with sensitive stomachs, who had tried wellness and have seen a change in their cats sensitive stomachs, i figured I would give it a try. Now the food that i was purchasing before was by no means inexpensive, it has the whole meat as the first ingredient and no by products or artificial flavors or food coloring. The wellness food has alot of great reviews because it is advertised as having alot of healthy ingredients for your cat. It is one of the most expensive cat dry foods out there. But my cat is worth it so i bought it for her, and there was absolutely no change in her sensitive stomach! I did the whole slow change in the dry food, feeding a little more of the new food as you go along. She has been eating it for a while now, and i see no change in her sensitive stomach, I guess i had high hopes for this food. I am going to keep looking for that food that will work for my cat, i think she was better when i was buying her the cheapest stuff at walmart, than after i started switching her to a "better" quality more expensive food.

This food is awful!

Comments about Wellness CORE Fish & Fowl Dry Cat Food:

My cat normally gets canned food. Whenever she gets dry food she freaks out like it's Christmas morning. She LOVES when I have to travel and she gets to have dry food for a few days. I decided to try this food because I had heard some many good things about it. BIG mistake. This food made my poor little cat have the runs really bad. Then she started getting dehydrated. She made a huge mess! I'm so glad I tested the food out before I actually went on vacation. I don't know what sort of bad situation I would have come home to if I had just put it out and left! I will never feed this feet to my little cat again.

Quality of Ingredients
How good could the ingredients be when they make my cats insides explode out of her? Must smell like kitty crack, cause she gets all excited when she smells it. There is no way i would let her eat it though. Maybe my cat just has a sensitive stomach, but I wouldn't recommend this food.

Flavor Selection
I'm not sure how many flavors there are, I just saw and bought one bag.

• Flavor Selection:

The most nutritious cat food!

from Davie, FL

Comments about Wellness CORE Fish & Fowl Dry Cat Food:

My two cats have always been very picky. When they tried this cat food, they absolutely loved it. I was thrilled to have finally found a cat food that they thoroughly enjoy. Wellness CORE Fish & Fowl dry cat food is among the top all-natural brands. I found it at my local pet store, and I now purchase it monthly. I like how it comes in a large bag, so I have to purchase it less often. It is on the expensive side, but it is very high in quality. I would recommend this to anyone who wants to ensure their cats are healthy and strong.

Quality of Ingredients
This cat food is nutritious, and it is made up of all-natural, top quality ingredients. When I took a look at the ingredient list, I could pronounce all of the ingredients down the list. I appreciate that Wellness CORE cares about my cats' health just as much as I do.

Flavor Selection
Wellness CORE provides a variety of flavors to choose from. However, my cats prefer the fish and fowl formula.

Wellness Core

Comments about Wellness CORE Fish & Fowl Dry Cat Food:

My quest for the perfect cat food led me to Wellness Core. It's important to me that my cats eat healthy, minimally processed food. I actively look for food without grain fillers that use high quality sources of protein as their main ingredients. Wellness Core easily meets, and even exceeds, my expectations.

Quality of Ingredients
Most commercial cat foods use highly processed protein sources - such as chicken meal or animal digest . In addition to these questionable protein sources, many commercially available foods add fillers grains such as wheat flour and corn meal. Your cat doesn't need this, and it can actually upset their digestive system and trigger allergies in some animals. Cats are obligate carnivores and absolutely require a high amount of protein in their diets - they cannot meet their blood glucose requirements from the breakdown of carbohydrates.

Wellness Core offers many grain free foods of exceptional quality. The brand also makes it easy to find a complete and easy to understand analysis of each of their products. I like knowing exactly what my pets are eating, and I love that Wellness Core is upfront and honest about what goes into their pet foods.

Flavor Selection
My cats really seem to enjoy their Wellness Core. I've tried a few flavor varieties and all have been well received. Even my finicky cats eat it without encouragement.

Comments about Wellness CORE Fish & Fowl Dry Cat Food:

For years I fed my pets the well known brands that you find in the supermarket. Last year I started doing some research on pet foods as one of my cats seemed to be having digestive problems. I was surprised to find out that most big brand cat foods aren't very good for cats. They are full of corn, which cats can't process, and then there is all the by products, which you just really wouldn't want to feed your animals. I stumbled on some information about wellness products and I was hooked. Wellness Fish and Fowl dry cat food is full of stuff that is good for your cat. It has no grain which cats can't digest, and it has real meat not by products. It is filled with healthy omegas and vitamins and things that your cat really needs. Cats are meat eaters, and when you feed them wellness that's what they get meat. Not only is this food incredibly healthy for my cats, they love it. They get all excited when I open up the bag, and they gobble it down like there is no tomorrow. The one that was having digestive problems, no longer has any problem eating his food. I would recommend wellness products for anyone that wants to feed their cat a healthy balanced diet.

Cats LOVE this food!

Comments about Wellness CORE Fish & Fowl Dry Cat Food:

I searched high and low for a healthy, dry cat food that my 3 picky cats would actually enjoy. After many attempts, and many failures, I have found the perfect dry cat food! Wellness Core Fish & Fowl Dry Cat Food is perfect!

I really like Wellness brand food. They don't have any byproducts in their food. This food is also grain free. It is all meat proteins which my cats prefer. Their coats are extremely shiny, and so soft to touch. I have noticed almost immediately after they finished the first bag, that they poop much less (obviously they are digesting more of the food, than passing it on thru), and their poop doesn't smell super stinky! They have much more energy as well. I see them playing and chasing each other a lot more.

I started searching for a healthy food when 2 of my cats were having digestive issues, and super itchy skin. I took them to the vet over and over, and we finally decided they were having allergic reactions to all the additional items added to so many dry foods on the market. Literally after that first bag, I saw noticeable differences in their energy, digestion and fur.

Wellness Core is pricey, but well worth it. Just imagine how many less vet bills you will have once you switch your kitties to this nutritional food!

Flavor Selection
I don't know if the kitties notice, or if the wide selection of flavors is more for the parents. Great selection!

• Flavor Selection:

My cats are healthier than ever!

Comments about Wellness CORE Fish & Fowl Dry Cat Food:

Before switching to this food, my cats threw up frequently. Although they still occasionally throw up from eating too quickly, switching to Wellness CORE has decreased the frequency. My only problems are the high price and small selection of flavors.

good wholesome cat food

Comments about Wellness CORE Fish & Fowl Dry Cat Food:

My cat is a very picky eater; he only likes particular flavors of food and for a while he was only eating a brand that was not reviewed highly nutritionally. I was determined to find him something that would be more beneficial to his health and that he would enjoy eating. I tried the Wellness core Fish and Fowl dry cat food. Winner winner! My cat begs for more immediately after finishing his meal. The best part is i feel confident giving him this food because of it's high nutritional value. I know they have different flavors available, but my cat is very picky. I didn't want to change flavors when I had one that he preferred. I would recommend any of the foods by the Wellness Core brand. They definitely know what to put into the food to make it highly healthy and beneficial as well as enjoyable for the cats.

Quality of Ingredients
Highly nutritious and beneficial for their health

Flavor Selection
They have a wide variety of flavors available.

• Flavor Selection:

Another High Quality Grain Free Food For Healthy Cats!

from Podunk, NY

Comments about Wellness CORE Fish & Fowl Dry Cat Food:

In my quest for finding cat food which builds health and frees our cat from addictive behavior, I came across CORE food when we received a sample at a store. We since have purchased it for our cat and the results are impressive.

Quality of Ingredients
CORE like some of the other grain free foods is made from high quality ingredients. According to the company, the difference with this food is that it is balanced for high health in cats. Our cat does not do well on the average dry cat food as it leaves him with fur that is a bit greasy and he has odor problems as well as an insatiable appetite. Since using CORE dry food, our cat's fur is soft and fluffy, he has no vomiting problem, no odor at all, and he is quiet and content. We only hear from him at dinner time which is to be expected. His box does not even smell hardly at all which is very unusual. We alternate between grain free foods and this one is a favorite for our cat. It is well balanced with probiotics and supplements that seem natural too.

Flavor Selection
Our cat was very excited about this food and gobbled it all up.

Lifesaver!

from Highland, MI

Keeps kitty healthy

from Grand Canyon, AZ

Comments about Wellness CORE Fish & Fowl Dry Cat Food:

This cat food is great. Pet smart have all sorts of different flavours you can buy. My kitty has always enjoyed them all, has remained in good health. Don't have problems with hair balls or anything. He's healthy, and his poop doesn't smell as bad as it does with the nasty canned stuff. Great product.