2.8
Walmart Organizer Storage Chest, Black

Walmart Organizer Storage Chest, Black

2.8

Sterilite

This drawer cart is an easy way to solve a difficult and all too familar problem with young children and their things. We are using the cart to declutter a childs personal space which ultimately is hellping to declutter out home. I was looking into purchasing storage bins to place art work, coloring books, beginner reading primers and small toys but that came to be very expensive, Quite possibly this may be tha smartest purchase that I made for my family's needs and has solved a major storage problem for a very little expense. Sterilite products are rather sturdy plastic and are made with simple designs that are both pratical and suitable for most decors. I figured that I could put cartoon stickers on the top of cart to spice it up. I found that cleaning the item is easy as one, two, three. My husband was so impressed on the appearance after sorting out throught the clutter that he went purchased one for his work space. There are many uses for it in and around the home.

This storage chest is definitely not the best!

I have a ton of make up, hair accessories and other odds and ends that I could never find a neat place to store them away and also have easy access to them.  I was shopping at Wal-Mart one day and came across the **Wal-Mart Organizer Storage Chest, Black **for $18.88. It had two full size drawers, and two smaller drawers which I though would be perfect for what I needed it for.  The wheels were an added bonus so I could move it around when needed.

**The Facts**

- Four translucent drawers
- Modular
- Drawer stops
- Constructed of durable polypropylene
- Optional removable casters

**My Experience**

This chest was fully assembled except for the optional casters when I purchased it.  This was a huge plus for me since I am horrible at putting things together. I popped the casters (wheels) in easily and began filling the drawers with nail polish, make up, cotton balls, Q-tips and other items.  I kept the storage chest next to my dresser in my bedroom for easy access.  For the first couple of weeks, I was happy with this product until  I noticed that one of the wheels popped off somehow.  I popped it back in and a few days later when I was rolling the chest to another area, the same wheel popped off.  This time, I wasn't able to put it back in without it being wobbly.  I figured that I would just take the wheels off since I didn't move it around much anyway.  A few weeks later, the drawers began to stick.  I would open a drawer and when I tried to push it closed, it was very hard to do.  There were only light objects in the drawer so weight wasn't the issue.  I finally got it back in but then I couldn't pull it back out without forcing it.  The same happened with three out of the four drawers.  The storage chest was pretty much trashed at this point and a waste of money.

**My Final Viewpoint**

The **Wal-Mart Organizer Storage Chest, Black **appeared to be a great solution to my storage needs but unfortunately it wasn't durable enough to last more than about a couple of months.  I don't recommend this product and am only giving it a ***1 star*** ***rating***.

Buy a better Organizer for a little more money!

from Puyallup, WA

Comments about Walmart Organizer Storage Chest, Black:

The Walmart Organizer Storage Chest is not worth the money. Stick with a better brand, because these are cheaply made. I don't shop at walmart much because of multiple reasons, but one of those reasons is that their products seem to be getting more and more cheaply made. At first this product was okay. The drawers were clear, so I could see what was in them better, the wheels are a nice touch so that you can move it around easier and it is good for smaller items. The cons are that the drawers do not pull out and push in very well. They did in the store, but once you fill them with stuff and use it for awhile it gets harder to work. The corner of one of my bins cracked and fell off. Don't plan on fitting a bunch in these because they don't hold much, but this is a smaller organizer. They also can tip over. I have bought other organizers since and they are so much better and worth paying a little bit more for. I am not a fan of walmart products for the most part. I would shop somewhere else.

If You Like Poorly Made Junk, You Will Love This

from Pittsburgh, PA

Comments about Walmart Organizer Storage Chest, Black:

One of the biggest issues with this plastic organizer is that it is poorly designed and lacks any kind of center support. If all you need is something for light weight items then this will worth for a while but for crafting supplies, toys or anything with even a moderate bit of weight you are going to be disappointed with this.

There are four drawers to this and since it is made completely of plastic you need to be concerned with the actual drawers and the runners that they slide on; if the drawers are even slightly warped you are going to have a hard time opening and closing them. Likewise, if you have heavy items stored in the bottom two drawers that could cause sagging which will also make it hard to pull open and push closed the bottom drawers.

The plastic used for the frame and drawers is cheap; over time it gets a film to it that is hard to remove without breaking the organizer down and washing all of the pieces by hand. If you can't stand seeing dirt or film on plastic then don't get this because it will drive you crazy.

While it is cheaper than other plastic organizers it isn't something that's going to last long if it is used often; if you have kids that are rough on things then spend ten dollars more and get something that has a sturdy frame that won't bend or warp over time. It isn't hard to assemble; it takes only about five minutes to put it together but if you are buying this without seeing a display model at the store, chances are you are going to be a little disappointed at what it looks like when you have assembled it.

Wobbly and fragile, but works fine for me.

Comments about Walmart Organizer Storage Chest, Black:

I bought this after I moved about a month or two ago because I ran out of closet space and had some stuff lying around that had no place to go. As others have said -- you get what you pay for.
This is nothing special, it's definitely visually pleasing and will fit in anywhere but depending on what you put in the drawers it could get a little annoying to open/close (keep it light weight!) and could also break easily if you aren't careful or put too much stuff in one bin. But considering I only paid fifteen bucks, I think it's quite the steal since I use it to store clothes and art supplies.
It is quite wobbly with the wheels and since I keep clothes in the bottom bin there is nothing really weighing it down to help that. I ended up taking off the wheels because it's light enough to where I don't really even need them and it helped a bit with the wobbliness. Sometimes it leans more to one size but I just stuck something heavy on top and that seemed to fix it.

Good.. At First.

Comments about Walmart Organizer Storage Chest, Black:

When I first got this Organizer Storage Chest, I love it. It matched the color of my room, was easy to use, and very convenient. Until.. One of the wheels broke off. It became unbalanced, hard to move, and annoying. I bought another chest, believing it broke because there was too much in it. I lessened the load, and once again it broke. This product is not very durable at all, but can be convenient if a buyer doesn't try to move the chest around a lot, or maybe break off all the wheels at once. I wouldn't exactly recommend this product to anyone. It also can become difficult to use when the drawers get off track. They are seemingly impossible to get back on track and it's just a pain. There would be good for storage versus everyday use. Or plain decoration. This drawer broke twice for me, but maybe of some good use to others. But still, I definitely would not recommend this product for long time use.

Great for College Dorms

Comments about Walmart Organizer Storage Chest, Black:

I had two of these storage units in my freshman dorm room. They worked well as side-tables and as drawers to keep beauty products/school supplies in. I didn't have any issues with the amount of space in the individual drawers. While I wouldn't recommend using these drawers for heavy textbooks, I never had any trouble with them sagging or cracking. They are better suited for odds and ends than large or bulky items.

Wal-Mart Black Plastic Organizer- Don't waste your money

from Alton, IL

Comments about Walmart Organizer Storage Chest, Black:

I was looking for storage for my crafts. I am still looking. Falls over easy. The inside area is smaller than what it looks like on the picture. Drawers break easy. If you try to move it it falls apart. Not a strudy item.  I would not recomend this product to anyone.

not very durable, drawer broke easily

from Albert City, IA

Comments about Walmart Organizer Storage Chest, Black:

Not a good quality item.  One of the drawers broke not long after purchasing it and beginning to use it.  This happened when it tipped over.  I would have thought this product would have lasted longer than the short time I had it (within 4 months time).  Would NOT recommend this product to anyone that I cared about as the product was sharp with the drawer broke and couldn't even be taped easily to re-use it.

not one of my better buys

from Buffalo, NY

Comments about Walmart Organizer Storage Chest, Black:

When I saw this I was trying to buy many, many storage items. In need of some real organizing. The price was not bad so I thought I would give it a try. Actually, give them a try because I bought 6 of them. It was not the best investment I ever made. Have problems with sticking drawers, tipping, moving holding what I thought they should, and many other things. Not at all happy with this Wal-Mart product, but do love the store. Oh well, better luck on my next storage purchase I hope.

You Pay For What You Get

from Grand Junction, CO

Comments about Walmart Organizer Storage Chest, Black:

This is a product that is purely you get what you pay for. Its like 10-14 bucks. If you set something on top of it the drawers will have a hard time closing. If you have carpet the wheels are pointless because they fall out constantly. On the other hand if your on tile or hard wood they work fine. Also if you balance stiff on the sides of the top and not put weight on the back the drawers don't usually have any problems. I have like 6 of these thing and they serve there purpose well enough.

don't buy it if you want something sturdy

from High Bridge, NJ

Comments about Walmart Organizer Storage Chest, Black:

This product didn't perform as well as i had hoped.  The drawers on top are not big enough for much.  The filing drawers don't open and close easily.  I've tipped it over trying to open them.  The hanging files get stuck and don't slide easily.