Other Baby Musical Toys:
Vtech Rhyme and Discover Book

Vtech Rhyme and Discover Book

Pros

Cons

My go-to toy to stop meltdowns!

Ever been in a restaurant or store when your baby starts to meltdown and everyone starts to stare. (or are you about to have a child and want to prevent this?) Well I've NEVER had to go through this because I always take this book with me wherever I go. Any sign of a wimper or grumpiness, I just pull this out and as soon as he sees or hears it, he goes quiet and all attention is turned toward the book. Not only does it quiet him down but it keeps him entertained until we are ready to go. It has popular nursery rhyme songs, it has lights, it has colors, it has animal sounds, it has things to push or move... it has a lot for one little book. It fits perfectly into our diaper bag and doesnt take up much room. Its durable and is still going strong even a year later (and its been through a lot of throwing on the ground, dropping, kicking, beatings, etc) Even when we are in a quiet place like church, I will pull it out without turning the sound on and he will still love it and play with it. He loves flipping the pages, seeing all the colors and pictures and moving the things around. All my family and friends dont believe me when I tell them I can gaurantee that he will stop crying if I pull this book out and when I do, and he stops, they are amazed! When my son got all his shots at the dr. office, I pulled this out and he stopped crying. During teething fits, I pulled out this book and he stopped crying. This book has helped me a lot! I would not only recommend it to friends, but its almost gauranteed as part of their shower gift from me :)

Personally, I think this book is dumb

My little girl has had this Vtech Rhyme and Discover Book for about a year now (she's about to turn two), and has never ever shown any interest in this thing.  Yes, it plays music, yes, it has flashing lights, yes, it has pages to turn.  But what about just buying a real book and sitting down to read it to your child and sing songs with them?!  Technology is not the answer here, it's really just silly.  The little things that the kids can manipulate on each page really aren't very interesting.  The book itself is supposed to be nursery rhymes, but the nursery rhymes don't always use the traditional words that most children and their parents know and when the electronic mommy sings the songs to the child, only a portion of the song is sung.  I can't figure out why they would design it that way.  I suppose a plus would be that there are two volume settings so you can choose how loud you want it to be, but for me and my little girl, our favorite setting it off.  This item is going in the garage sale.

Great Toy for Infants and Toddlers!

Comments about Vtech Rhyme and Discover Book:

My son loves the Vtech rhyme and discover book! He has loved this toy since he got it for Christmas when he was 7 months old, and now he is almost 2 and still looks at it! The book is great for teaching language because it reads/sings you the rhymes to your child. It is also very engaging to little ones because it lights up! It makes animal sounds, and there are little places that your child can interact by moving pieces or pressing buttons. My son has spent a great deal of time with this toy. I would recommend this for your child as soon as they begin to sit and it is still fun for them well up to age two. I love that it is not only fun, but also educational. It is an affordable toy, and it holds up well. My son has thrown it and smashed it against things, but it hasn't ever broken! It's a great toy for both infant and toddlers. It really has introduced books and reading to my son, we love it!

Great for toddlers

Comments about Vtech Rhyme and Discover Book:

With the colors and rhyming schemes played from the discover book, along with the turning of the pages this is a great gift for a toddler. It focuses on three main animals, sheep, cats and dogs. It contains little stories to tell, along with nice songs. Very durable, can be dropped with out worry of actual damage. The V tech is great. It's not a pricey, it's very affordable and worth the few bucks to purchase it.

Great toy for early learners!!

Comments about Vtech Rhyme and Discover Book:

I gave this to my daughter around 9 months, a little early but she's sharp as a tack. She loved it then and still loves it now at 16 months. She is much more interactive with it at this age than she was then but it always kept her attention. She knows exactly where it is in her toy box and always goes for it when she is looking for something new and exciting to do. I am a huge fan of all the products VTech has to offer but this one is one of our favorites.
The product is catchy and has lights and noises to go along with it, it always manages to catch her attention. If you leave the toy out somewhere easy to spot I guarantee they will find it and bring it to you so that you can play along. I am all about early learning products, like Leap Frog and Fisher Price so this one fits right in. I recommend this to the 1-2 year olds, or those just learning and capable of learning about shapes, colors, animals, sounds, etc.

Son is so entertained!

Comments about Vtech Rhyme and Discover Book:

This rhyme and discover book is definitely a great buy. With so many sounds and options, my son is entertained for awhile by this awesome toy. The combination of buttons to press and pages yo turn is great for motor skill growth. Simple, effective and cheap makes this a good piracy for any young child.

Great Toy-and-book-in-one

Comments about Vtech Rhyme and Discover Book:

My son LOVED this book. He learned the rhymes quickly and sang along. It's interactive and entertaining with adorable characters and flashing lights. When my son received this for his birthday I could already see it: "oh, great. another one of those toys that the grandparents buy their grandchildren but would never buy for their own kids because it's too annoying and repetitive." I was pleasantly surprised at this precious little toy. It got my son interested in more books and more music and song and it wasn't obnoxious. It's very tastefully done with a few of the timeless nursery rhymes that are slowly being replaced in other look-alikes by cartoon characters and annoying, repetitive sounds. I would buy this toy for another child in a heartbeat. It combines music and reading in a new interactive and fun way. I remember his face lighting up every time he pressed on one of the animal's faces. Before he was two years of age, he had almost all of the songs memorized!

A must for car rides!

from Royersford, PA

Comments about Vtech Rhyme and Discover Book:

I love this little book. My first daughter got this when she was one and now she is 3 1/2 and still plays with it. Now my second daughter (1 1/2) plays with it. I love that it makes noise, reads the book to you, has buttons to push when told, and plays music. What is really nice about it is that the kids can play with it in the car. There is a volume if it annoys you and if you are driving at night, no problem, it lights up. When we are driving at night there are not too many toys that the kids can play with and still be able to see. I also like the idea of them learning to "read a book."

Great book for toddlers!

from Tremonton, UT

Comments about Vtech Rhyme and Discover Book:

My one year old daugher received the Vtech Rhyme and DIscover Book this Christmas. Both her and her three year old sister have had fun playing with it.

We like the moving parts of the book, such as the butterfly and the star that make their own sounds. I am also pleased at how small and compact this book is. I can easily throw it in my diaper bag or in our vehicle as we are leaving.

I like the on/off feature as well as the two different volume level options. Which most days I have to turn it to the lower of the two levels! The different animal sounds are great, and we often use it as a guessing game for my three year old. The songs and nursery rhymes are classics, but the songs end before it is over.

It has fun colors and bright lights to attract my toddler, but she seems to quickly become bored with it.

Another drawback is it requires batteries, and seems to go through them quite quickly.

My daughter loves hers!

from Waterford, CT

Comments about Vtech Rhyme and Discover Book:

My daughter recieved this book as a gift when she was about 6 months old. The lights and sounds enchanted her. There are different songs, all classic nursery rhymes, and each song gets its own page. There are moving parts that make sounds as well. The three animals ont he side light up and are also buttons which can be pushed to activate a song to play. There are two different volume settings. I think that with all it's colorful pictures, the book is fun to look at even without the music on. The pages are very thick and plastic so it is easy for little hands to turn and play.

I would buy this as a gift for any child. It is portable, durable, and holds children's attention. It is sold at a good price and is bigger than other similar books I have seen. There is also a pink and purple version for girls with the same stories and songs. We love this book in our house, you should try it in yours!

This Vtech Book Is The Best Car Toy for Our Toddler!

from Madison, WI

Comments about Vtech Rhyme and Discover Book:

I don't like the idea of several small toys scattered around the car, but I know kids can get bored on long road trips, so this was the perfect choice for my son. He received it as a gift for his first birthday, and now he's 21 months old and still loves it.

It's great because he could turn the pages easily, and different sounds and songs go with each page. It also lights up, which is great for nighttime trips. Yes, some of the music is annoying, especially since he likes to flip back and forth to the same pages, but you can put it on a quieter setting, and even on "loud," it's much quieter than his whining, which is sure to come if he's back there with nothing to do for more than, say 15 minutes!

It's also safe, which is extremely important to me when I can't reach him in the car. The paper has not peeled off at all, and the parts all seem quite secure.

One more positive is that any Vtech toys I have purchased come out of the packages far more easily than any other toys I've seen!

The item is small and fits well in the storage pouch behind the passenger seat of our minivan. It can also fit into the diaper bag if I need to bring something along.

Great rhyme book.

from Beverly Hills, CA

Comments about Vtech Rhyme and Discover Book:

My younger daughter got this toy last year from a visiting relative when she was only 2 months old. Well, since she was too young to play with it at the time, her three year old sister took the liberty of trying it out for herr. My daughter (I have three) is now thirteen months old and this Discover book has been her favorite toy since she was old enough to sit up by herself. Initially she just first enjoyed grabbing at it while we read it to her and played with her in ourlap. But as she got older she was able to interact with it more on her own, going from hitting the buttons and making it sing, to being able to turn the pages of the book and play with the sliding accessoriess. Now, at this age the learning value is limited to learning about cause and effect (pushing buttons and things of that sort) and learning toturn the pages like you do on a normal regular book. I Enjoy the fact that both my baby and mytoddler enjoy this toy and learn from it. In addition, I enjoy seeing my baby daughter get excited every time she rediscovers this toy and appreciate that it will entertain her for five to ten minutes on her own. This is a book worth purchasing for your child.