University of Minnesota WebAnatomy Web Site Reviews
- Other Health Websites:
- Average: 4.4
- High: 5.0
Read 1 Review
REVIEW SNAPSHOT®by PowerReviews
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about University of Minnesota WebAnatomy Web Site:
I am quite impressed with the University of **Minnesota's WebAnatomy web site**. I remember the days when I had to take Anatomy and Physiology. It involved a HUGE amount of memorization, but I had an excellent instructor who actually made the class interesting. That could have been a horribly boring class.
I now teach classes online and am always on the look-out for interesting web sites to augment my students' learning. The University of Minnesota's WebAnatomy web site is great.
WebAnatomy offers several choices:
- Self tests
- Timed tests
- Multiplayer games
- Image bank
**What I like about WebAnatomy:**
- It's easy to use. Just make a choice and click, and you're quickly into a game.
- This site is nicely organized and uses fonts and color combinations that are eye friendly.
- There are lots of choices. You can choose something simple like the basic major bones of the body (my 8-year-old just had a test on these bones in her class) or you can choose very specific areas that are more detailed. It also includes medical terminology games.
- It offers games to play alone or with others. How cool is that? If my online students wanted to have a tournament to see who can name parts the fastest, they can arrange to log in at the same time and have a bit of a battle.
- It's free. You don't have to sign up and I don't even see advertising on the site.
**What could be improved on WebAnatomy:**
- There's not much I would suggest, but if I had to make one suggestion, it would be to include more detailed pictures within the image bank.
- My only other suggestion would be to expand the site to include disease processes and physiology and other health-care related information and to add some geared toward kids, like simple information about handwashing, smoking, etc.
**WebAnatomy** is an absolutely great site for people who are studying the various parts of the body and medical terminology. Trying to memorize anatomy and medical terminology is pretty difficult for many people. **WebAnatomy** is well-organized, accurate, simple to use, and offers a variety of games to make learning anatomy more interesting and fun. All of that and it's free and without ads. This site deserves 5 stars in my book!