3.8
TurboTax Home & Business

TurboTax Home & Business

3.8

Turbo tax does taxes right

I typically do my own taxes and when it is that time of year, I search for the best price for turbo tax. It walks you through the entire process from entering your w-2's through deductions and even offers to give you a second opinion of a tax professional (extra cost, but good for the paranoid) There are various versions of Turbo tax from the free online version (basic tax work) to the business edition. I use the business edition since it includes the ability to enter and calculate stock buys/sells. Deluxe and below did not have these features and you will pay extra for it. One year I strayed from turbo tax and found a less expensive product. I paid the price for this since the less expensive product wass confusing to use and the help was not very helpful at all. I am not sure why they do not make a multi license version, that you can share with your extened family or friends, but I do wish they would lower the price of the sw or include some extras which would make me fee better.

Overall a very good product but it is expensive.

2010 TurboTax Home & Business is THE WORST Intuit product ever.

I've use Intuit products for decades and have very little problems - until this year. The 2010 TurboTax Home & Business is poor at best. I've run into TWO glitches in the software that prohibits me from E-filing. I spent 3 hours on the phone with Customer Support with no help. They told me that they will escalate the problem to the programmers, but that could take days. After wasting several hours on this problem and still not getting it resolved makes me want to shop for a better software next year. Amd, yes, I updated the software online.

Not only is there major problems with the technical side, there is also major problems with the user side. The questions this year are either vaque or absent altogether. I ran into several instances that I had to research online for the information that was missing in the "Guide". it was a very confusing version this year.

Sadly disappointed in this product this year. Would recommend anyone who is searching to check out other products this year. Or, maybe use the online version.

TurboTax Home & Business 2010

from Coweta, OK

Pros

Cons

Comments about TurboTax Home & Business:

I have been a faithful Turbo Tax user for ten years. This year, I was not nearly as impressed as I have been in the past. Turbo Tax markets itself to be a GPS to guide a user through taxes. This year, the GPS seemed to have missed alot of turns. It kept making me fill out the same form multiple times and then would not save my information or would show me an errror for something I had already corrected. Additionally, the rates seemed excessively high this year. Another big problem I found was even though the IRS had put out the Schedule C and Turbo Tax was allowing the form to be completed, it would tell you that there was no Schedule C form and that the taxes could not be filed. This year was a very confusing and stressful tax filing session. While I have always been a fan of Turbo Tax, I believe next year I will try H&R Block. The only advantage I found to Turbo Tax this year was it carried my information from last year over for me (mostly anyway)

We love Turbo Tax Home & Business

from Jacksonville, FL

Comments about TurboTax Home & Business:

We have been using Turbo Tax Home & Business to file our taxes for the past four years. I have been really happy with them each year and keep going back to use their services when tax time rolls around. They are much easier than taking your taxes to someone because you can do it all at your own pace and in the comfort of your own home. You can work on it a little at a time and then save it and come back to it when you want. There is no adding or figuring out the numbers on your own, it does the math for you. It is very simple and easy to do and is mostly just a "fill in the blank" type of scenario. You can also use it to file your taxes and now they have Federal E-File included in the Turbo Tax package, which is really helpful. You can also save each year's taxes and have them available whenever you need them. The only con I have is that it is pretty expensive for what you are actually getting. I have managed to find discounts most years so that makes up for it some.

2010 TurboTax Home & Business is THE WORST Intuit product ever.

from Exton, PA

Taxes made easy!

from Lititz, PA

Pros

Cons

Comments about TurboTax Home & Business:

After paying someone else to do our taxes *ouch!* I started looking for a cheaper solution that I could do myself. I chose Turbo Tax because of reputation and price. I wanted the audit guarantee and still wanted to be able to be walked through it, since I'm not an accountant (and suck at math!). We run our own side business and many of our fellow business owners recommended taking it to an accountant "because it's too complicated to it on your own". Well let me just say that there was nothing complicated about using the Turbo Tax Home & Business edition. It walks you through both your personal and business forms and if you've used it previous years it prefills information for you. I don't dread doing taxes now because I know that it will be easy and stress-free. I love that all I have to do is imput my numbers and it does the math for me. It also intuitively asks a series of questions to see what you will qualify to maximize your refund.

Turbo tax does taxes right

from Pleasanton, CA

Comments about TurboTax Home & Business:

Overall a very good product but it is expensive.

One of the most thorough on the market

from Ariel, WA

Comments about TurboTax Home & Business:

Our household has used this product for four years and counting and we have been very pleased with the results.  Being self employed complicates the standard tax filings a bit, but TurboTax really does a great job walking us through step by step to ensure we have received every deduction we are entitled to.  For the last few years we have tried a few of the other tax software versions on the market but in the end alway end up filing with TurboTax.  The only complication we've come across is at the end it has occasionally notified us of an error on the return, but there is no easy link that sends us back to where the error occurred, so finding the error can be a bit time consuming and frustrating.  However, it will not let you file your return without fixing the error, which is a safety feature both my husband and I appreciate.  We've always been able to file in confidence that our return is accurrate and thorough despite all of the additional forms and deduction associated with being self-employed.

good for small home-based business

from Buford, GA

Comments about TurboTax Home & Business:

There appear to be precious few choices available when it comes to do-it-yourself business tax software. Turbotax is famous for its user-friendly, intuitive personal tax software, and I've used it myself over the years. Since I have a home-based business, I decided to give turbotax home & business a try last year. The good news is that this software had enough explanatory steps along the way and help (including community online help and faq) to get me through each of the steps and file my federal and state tax. The not-so-good news was that it was not quite as intuitive and layman-friendly as the personal tax software was. Especially for the state tax filing, I had to research many of the terms myself because turbotax did not take the time to fully explain what it was looking for at certain steps. I even had to go directly to the form and fix some apparent errors that had shown up, instead of having the software fix it for me. Overall though, it does the job it needs to do for a small business to file its taxes. Recommended.

TurboTax is good for checking your taxman

from San Jose, CA

Comments about TurboTax Home & Business:

I have been using TurboTax Home and Business for 3 years. I get the new version each year. After I do my own taxes, I take it to H&R Block and have them do it as well. TurboTax is not perfect, but neither is H&R Block. While TurboTax is sufficient for most people and most situations, there are some less common forms and circumstances that TurboTax fails to address. I have read the complete 1040A instructions as well, and have tried to do my taxes the old fashioned way. TurboTax makes calculations much easier, but you still have to know the law and rules pertaining to your specific circumstances.

For example, you need to file a form 8606 for nondeductible IRAs. I could not see how to do this through Turbo Tax. My tax guy knew exactly what I needed, but so did I before I used TurboTax.

I think it's always better to have someone double check my return. I use the software to compare with H&R block's services to make sure I get the max refund I am due.

Easy to Use

from Lacey, WA

Comments about TurboTax Home & Business:

Turbo Tax has turned tax time into something other than madness. The software is so easy to use. It walks you through every step of the way. I used to sit for hours on end preparing the forms and now I do not spend a third of that time. Great product

Turbo Tax Home and Business, I can't live without it!

from Greeley, CO

Comments about TurboTax Home & Business:

Turbo Tax Home and Business Edition is the best tax preparation software out there for a small business.  Whether it is a home based business or you actually have a physical location.  You can upload information directly from your Quickbooks software and it will insert the information directly into your Schedule C.  Plus it will check for errors and let you know where they are and give suggestions on how to correct them.  It also gives information about how much of audit risk your return it.

Then when you have all of your business info entered, you can complete your personal tax return at the same time. Talk about a huge time saver!  I love it!  I've used it for many years to prepare our business and personal tax returns and also help several of my family members prepare their returns.