Other Tax & Finance Softwares:

H&R Block At Home 2010 Deluxe Federal + State + eFile

Pros

Cons

• Phone App Availability:

H&R Block At Home 2010 makes filing Taxes a breese.

I have used the H & R brand Tax filing CD's for the past few years. It makes filing a breese. Because I have used past years, it automaticly transfers the information from one year to the next and then you just have to edit the information to update it. Is saves on typing, mistakes and time. Because tax information all doesn't come in at the same time, this feature allows you to double check your records.

I like that it is easy to use and ask questions and then takes me to the forms I need, and know it is right. It puts everything in the right place. No guessing on my part. You start at the beginning and keep on going until you are finished. It also allows youto stop at any time and save your information with out much thought on your end, just X out and click yes on save. Then anytime I want, I can go back and add more. It's not final until I say it is final.

I also like that I don't have to do any of the math and that assures me that the math is right. This allows the IRS to go through the form quickly.

It also double checks to make sure you are not making any mistakes, and allows you to fix them. It also takes you to places you probably didn't know. For example...employee expenses. After you type in the information and you are not sure of something, right there in front of you there is a link for help to make sure you are taking everything you are allowed.

It give you helpfull suggestion on how to save money.

I especailly like the fact that I can efile or print. And I like that I can get my state with it. I don't have to buy another program.

What I don't like is that I have to pay for efiling. The Government doesn't send out books or form, so we are almost pushed to using these Tax programs. So if they are saving money on printing and mailing then I think the filing sould be totally free for everyone.

H&R Block just doesn't serve the purpose for me!

I've used TurboTax for many years and was asked to review H&R Block to compare for a business organization I belong to. I was given a free copy of H&R Block At Home Deluxe Federal and I happily sat down to run it through its paces.

I figured it would be very much like TurboTax; H&R Block has been around for ages and I think is pretty highly regarded as a company so I guess I expected more than it could deliver. Just like TurboTax, it updates, but much more slowly. That set the tone for the entire program. Yes, it worked, but it was clunky and hard to understand and I took a tax class so I'm not ignorant, but this program did not deliver. It was no where near the quality of TurboTax.

It took my info OK, but seemed to take forever to get to the next page. Clicking on "Help" was an effort in futility as it took so long to link to the IRS site that I just gave up and opened a browser window to get to the IRS site directly. Then when I finally trudged through the program and came to the end, I could not save my return digitally!! I couldn't believe it! I could not save it in PDF. All I could do was print, on paper, my entire return! Hey, H&R Block, we are well into the 21st century! Wasting paper is ecologically unsound, or didn't you get the memo???

I was hoping that H&R Block's tax products would rival the TurboTax products and it doesn't even come close. I was sorely disappointed.

HR Block at home is a cheaper way to get the most out of taxes

from Chicago, IL

Comments about H&R Block At Home 2010 Deluxe Federal + State + eFile:

This is the first year I used H&R Block at home 2010 deluxe edition to do my taxes and it was pretty seemless. I have gone to HR and Block before to have my taxes done, and the program seemed to ask the same questions they do which is good. I was able to get more money back than I thought I would because of questions like medical expenses, past tax rebates, and moving expenses. At times I got confused as to what exactly the questions were refering to, but their online help guide is actually quite helpful. They use laymans language in their help guides to allow their users to understand what exactly is needed for the section you are on. I also like that you can efile right from the program. This gives you a doulbe guarantee that it was received by the IRS, b/c you can check on the IRS website and double check through the HR Block program. If you have a family, own a house, or just are plan old clueless when it comes to taxes, I would highly recommend H&R Block At Home 2010 Deluxe Federal + State + Efile.

H&R Block At Home is dependable and easy to use

from Port Orchard, WA

Comments about H&R Block At Home 2010 Deluxe Federal + State + eFile:

For someone who does not know much about taxes, we were excited to use H&R Block at Home. I found that taxes was as simple as filling out the form, and having all your papers right there in front of you--filing taxes was a breeze. I love the features on it, you can see the amount you owe or expect as you fill in those blank spaces. I found it to be convenient, because I do not have the time to meddle with filling out paper work by hand and mailing it in. I also have to do my own calculations, which is not hard, but I love that H&R Block does most of the mathematical work for me. My husband and i found it easy to use, and we were able to send everything in electronically, so no snail mail needed! I like that!

H&R Block also offers their customers worry free audit help. I do not have the need to worry about dealing with the IRS alone, if ever the case comes. I have someone to back me up, I am glad it will be a big company like H&R--with a good reputation and a name that I trust.

Features
Pretty basic features

Phone App Availability
No phone App Availability.

• Phone App Availability:

H & R Block Home Tax Program - Great!

from Summerville, GA

Comments about H&R Block At Home 2010 Deluxe Federal + State + eFile:

This is a Super EASY program to use. I worked for H & R Block for 13 years. I did my taxes at home using their Deluxe Tax Program before I went to work for them and continued to use it even though I could have done my taxes at the office at no cost. I had depreciation and it was just easier to keep filing them from my computer. The program transfers all your prior years information from their program or even some other tax programs over to the current year. It is super easy to follow step by step to complete your taxes. The program asks you questions which you answer and it takes the answers to the proper forms. After you have completed answering all the questions, the program takes you to a check screen where it checks all your answers and asks additional questions to clairfy your answers. This helps to prevent errors and maybe a Tax Audit. You can e-file your Federal and State returns over the computer. The program notifies you when the Federal and State returns have been accepted by the IRS and the State. This is a super Easy, Fast and Inexpensive way to do your taxes. If you should get audited, you have the option of Audit Support from a tax professional. Since I have retired from H & R Block, I continue to use their program. There is an Accurate Calculations Guarantee and a Maximum Refund Guarantee. Anyone who can use a computer can use this program. How Easy is that?? I absolutely recommend this program.

User friendly

Customer Service
Good

Features
All you need.

Phone App Availability
Never had to use.

• Phone App Availability:

Much better than Turbo Tax!

from Jefferson, GA

Comments about H&R Block At Home 2010 Deluxe Federal + State + eFile:

I have used H&R Block's "At Home", formerly "Tax Cut" for years. I made the mistake in 2008 to try Turbo Tax again because it was on sale. Never again! The software allowed a mistake on my taxes that reduced my refund. I redid my taxes with H&R Block and didn't have any issues....

Tax v. Tax

from Pataskala, OH

Comments about H&R Block At Home 2010 Deluxe Federal + State + eFile:

I have ussed both Turbo Tax and H&R Block online after ussing Turbo Tax I had to repay a LARGE amount of money back and it was their mistake, I didnt pay that high amount they wanted for the extra protection and had fight on my hands against the IRS but in fairness the IRS can be quite easy to work with in these circumstances, I applaud the IRS Addvocates for their wonderful service and true kindness.

Love it!

from Belleville, NJ

Comments about H&R Block At Home 2010 Deluxe Federal + State + eFile:

Very easy to use and you can call the H & R Block office for any free advice for your online form. It does everything for you and you are so at ease when you know it is done in no time. They used to be a lot lower in price for the state file, and I was going to file for free through the state, but it was just too easy to do the whole thing through Block that I just finished with them.

H&R Block at Home 2110 Deluxe Federal +State+eFile

from Bryan, OH

Comments about H&R Block At Home 2010 Deluxe Federal + State + eFile:

This product is easy to use. I have used this product for many years and it is easy to use. Great step by step instructions. Finds your deductions for you. Like that it imports your year before information into the new software. Only drawback is tha price of the software.

H&R make tax time easier

from Leitchfield, KY

Comments about H&R Block At Home 2010 Deluxe Federal + State + eFile:

I have used both H&R Block software and Turbo Tax. The H&R was so much easier to understand and had a better outcome than using Turbo Tax. I will also remember to pick up or now can find free on internet the H&R Block Tax software for a more accurate and complete tax return. The year I used Turbo Tax, I got a message of not figuring my tax information correct. Maybe I didn't put in the right information, but I have never gotten anything from them when using the H&R Block.

H&R Block at home Deluxe software

from Palm City, FL

Comments about H&R Block At Home 2010 Deluxe Federal + State + eFile:

I've used this software for several years and have always found it easy to use and I feel safe and comfortable filling out my taxes on this software. I've used Turbo Tax in the past and really don't see significant differences in the two products except that H&R Block is usually less expensive. I've filled out farm expenses, small business expenses, forms A, B, and D and some other forms. I live in Florida so I don't need the state forms but it is easy to purchase the state tax software, as an add on, if you need it. The e-file is also a snap to do and you will get your refund, assuming you will get a refund, direct deposited to your account within 2 weeks. Very convenient. It sure beats going to a tax preparation place if you have a simple or moderately uncomplicated tax situation. I worked at one of the major tax preparation offices one year and while most of the people were very competent, there was at least one person in the office who I'd have been mortified to let them fill out even the simpliest tax forms, yet they did. It was a really eye opening experience.

I've used H&R Block Online for years, love it

from Salt Lake City, UT

Comments about H&R Block At Home 2010 Deluxe Federal + State + eFile:

I originally used H&R Block Online for my taxes the first year that e-filing was available--they were offering free e-filing for anyone whose AGI was under a certain amount, and I certainly qualified. :) I have an MBA and I do accounting at work, so I'm pretty number-savvy, and had done my own taxes on paper for years, but I figured I'd give it a try since it was free. One time and I was hooked; I've used it ever since.

I love having the program ask me specific questions and give explanations in plain English, it's so much easier than trying to decipher the IRS's mumbo-jumbo! It does a great job of walking you through the tax process, and keeping up with current tax laws so I don't have to study up on them myself. I also appreciate how the program saves your previous information in your account, so you can always access prior years' returns, and it automatically populates relevant information.

The thing I dislike most about it is that the state e-file is not included--you have to pay extra. You can print out the state form and mail it in to the state, but that's obviously less convenient, and you don't have the guarantee that it was received like you do when you file electronically.