4.8
Trane
Trane XB14 Standard Efficiency (5 Ton 13 Seer) Air Conditioner

Trane XB14 Standard Efficiency (5 Ton 13 Seer) Air Conditioner

4.8

First time my house has been comfortable throughout

from Omaha, NE

Comments about Trane XB14 Standard Efficiency (5 Ton 13 Seer) Air Conditioner:

We have lived in our house for fourteen years but until we installed the Trane Heat Pump one and a half years ago we were not happy.  This is the first time my house has been comfortable throughout.  Before R2D2 as we affeciantly know it, our upstairs was hot in the summer and cold in the winter.  No matter what I did I could not push enough air to the upstairs to make it comfortable.  Now it is nice and cool in the summer and toasty in the winter.  We push enough air to keep all of the rooms in our house comfortable plus our electric bill has been dramatically reduced because of the high efficiency of the heat pump.  Another side benefit is that our gas bill has has been dramatically reduced because the furnace does not even kick in until it is below 20 degrees outside.  I had originally projected an eight to ten year payback on this unit but I now think it will be closer to five or six years.

Cant live in the desert without my Trane.

from Chandler, AZ

Comments about Trane XB14 Standard Efficiency (5 Ton 13 Seer) Air Conditioner:

Cant live in the desert without the dependable Trane air conditioner.  Never hear it running and the filter is in the unit itself so you dont  need to climb on a ladder to change it. In the winter the heat is also quiet and dependable.

Lowered electric bills and works well.

from Tucson, AZ

Comments about Trane XB14 Standard Efficiency (5 Ton 13 Seer) Air Conditioner:

Have owned this Trane 5 ton AC for four years.  Initially had some problems with it not cooling well but found out the installer had not programed the thermostat properly.  It has lowered our electric bills and now cools well even when our outside temps hit 110-115 F.  Initial cost is about equivalant to any other of equal tonnage and seer.

Totally amazing!!! Beyond anything we have ever had!!!

from Brownwood, TX

Comments about Trane XB14 Standard Efficiency (5 Ton 13 Seer) Air Conditioner:

Ok! Hear it is! We live in Texas, and it is crazy HOT in the summer! So, when we bought our new house, we had to change out our HVAC unit. The old one was a Rheem system, and it just never totally made the house feel comfortable. So, we opted for a new one. We chose Trane! And I am more than glad that we did! The system that we installed was a 5ton 13seer unit, and let me tell you, it has made all the difference in the world! Not only is it keeping us cool, but it cut our electric bill almost in half! The warranty and service agreements that go with the unit are top notch also. It's hard to tell when the thing is on, because it is so quiet! I have recommended Trane to all my friends and family since we installed ours. I have to say, that i'm a die hard Trane guy for life! This thing is just the best! Go Trane! I will never purchase anything else! Thanks. As A matter of fact, we are talking with the company that installed it about giving us a bid on installing one in our lake house! This unit will pay it'self off in just a few years. The adds are right : Nothing stops a Trane!!!!