Other Misc. Home Appliances:
Provo Craft
Provo Craft  Knifty Knitter Looms

Provo Craft Knifty Knitter Looms

It can do a lot more than you think!

I've had my Provo-craft looms for about 2 years now. I have the four round looms and the four long looms. For the first year I only made hats on the round loom and scarves on the long looms. But I just recently bought some loom pattern books and its opened up a whole new world to looming! On these looms you can make a variety of things such as mittens, socks, slippers, hats with visors, even larger items such as sweaters. A lot of people also use them to make cute little decorations such as Christmas ornaments and such.  If you knit with wool yarn, you can "felt" your items, which means you wash them for a few minutes in hot water to shrink the wool and bind the fibers together to create a felt-like look.The Knifty Knitter looms by Provo-craft are a great place to start if you've never loomed before, or don't even know what it is! There are a few great things about them:

1. they're pretty sturdy!

2. a pack comes with four sizes for variety

3. they're not too expensive

4. it comes with some decent instructions to get you going

5. its sooo easy to get started! i knit my first hat in about 30 minutes!

There's not much I don't like about my Provo-craft Knifty Knitter Looms. I think the only thing about them that I would change is to maybe have one or two of the looms in the set come in a smaller gauge. For those of you who don't know, the gauge is the size of the space between the pegs. The Provo-craft looms have a larger gauge, so your stitches come out a bit larger and its can be hard to do things like mittens and socks, because the knit can be a bit loose and your end result can be a bit "hole-ly' looking.

But using the Provo-craft looms led me into the wonderful world of looming and I found other types of looms specifically designed to make tighter knit items such as socks and mittens. Now I have great handmade things to give out at Christmas and other special occasions!

Easy Knitting - But average results

I'm an avid knitter and crocheter (or happy hooker as my friends call it) and love yarn crafting. I thought this would be a fun new way to expand on my crafting hobby so I bought both the round and rectangle sets of these knitters. However, for somone who already knows how to knit and crochet, these looms are not the right product. They're definately for begginers. I was dissapointed with with how wide the spacing was between the pegs. Everything I made came out very lacy and loose. While it's easy to keep your knitting straight, it's difficult to control the tension of the project. I would only reccomend these products for someone who is just learning how to knit or for somene who is teaching someone else how to knit. Otherwise, you're better off just buying a a pair of regular knitting needles. They're cheaper and your finished product will look nicer.

Fun for non knitters

Comments about Provo Craft Knifty Knitter Looms:

This is a very easy way to make knit items, but if you already knit, it's just not the same. My 5 year old loves it, and likes that she can make stuff like I do. I, however, am used to knitting with needles and prefer a finer, less bulky, look. I would prefer a loom with a smaller gauge of needles and closer spacing so it still looks like it was done the traditional way.

A knitting technique for the non-knitter

Comments about Provo Craft Knifty Knitter Looms:

This is a great product for the non-knitter that wants to knit! It has been easy to learn and use. I have successfully made scarves, cowl necks, and a hat...next project is an afghan and mittens. There are many instructional videos on youtube as well as the simplicity of easily figuring things out by trial and error.

I have a hard time holding onto knitting needles and maintaining accuracy, sometimes they just feel too big and clumsy...but I wanted to be able to knit and make things for my daughters. That is when a friend introduced me to the knifty knitter system. The various looms make it possible to try all different projects based on size, there is even a rectangular loom that you can use (I admit I have not tried mine yet).

If you are looking for a fun gift for a younger tween-teen, or want to learn to knit quickly and easily, I highly recommend the Knifty Knitter Looms.

Wonderful crafting tool for all ages!!

from Monticello, MN

Comments about Provo Craft Knifty Knitter Looms:

These looms are so fun! I had my 7 year old daughter, myself & my mother all looming together the other night, it was so much fun. We made a few hats & scarfs, plus a washcloth. Its so easy to use and has many different patterns/designs that you can try. Makes a great gift for any age!

Provo Knitters Make Knitting Fun

from Grand Rapids, MI

Comments about Provo Craft Knifty Knitter Looms:

I really enjoyed the Provo Craft Knitter Looms. They are good, especially for any smaller projects you may have in mind. They are also super sturdy which is good if you are trying to teach knitting to a smaller child. I would highly recommend this product to beginning knitters.

Knit without knowing how to knit. Knifty Knitter makes it easy.

from Hollywood, FL

Comments about Provo Craft Knifty Knitter Looms:

I have used this product for years. Best of its kind. I tried others but the pegs made knitting difficult. Some look more elaborate but they make easy - into complex. Simple is Best. That's what you get with this product. For easy loom knitting project here is a great site, Http://www.LoomaHat.com

I love these looms!

from Spanish Fork, UT

Comments about Provo Craft Knifty Knitter Looms:

These are my favorite scarf and hat looms! They are very easy to use and they are very durable! I love the bright colors and variety of sizes. They are perfect for quick projects. These looms are great for beginners, too, and a great alternative to knitting or crocheting. I had to buy my hook separately, which was my only complaint. It would have been nice to have one included in the package.

So much fun, I use it all the time.

from Spring, TX

Comments about Provo Craft Knifty Knitter Looms:

The Kniftey Knitter looms are so easy to use. I have showed a few people how to use it and they have all said, "That's so easy! I want to get one!" I have made a few hats with it and have given some away as gifts. Besides the fact that it's easy, it is also a lot of fun! When I first heard about it I had no clue what it was or how to knit with it. I wasn't much in to crafts, either. But after a little while I realized you don't have to be crfty to use it!

Love all the Knifty Knitter Looms!!!!

from Hartland, WI

Comments about Provo Craft Knifty Knitter Looms:

When I was younger I use to watch my mom knit and crochet. She tried to teach me how to but I never got the hang of it. I love that with the knifty knitter looms I have been able to learn how to knit scarfs and hats. I would recommend if you have wanted to knit but have never been able to learn with the knitting needles to purchase the looms. I started out with the long loom set. I just recently purchased the round loom set and the belt loom. The long loom has 4 looms in it and the round loom set also has 4 looms in it. These looms are very sturdy. So far I have made scarfs, hats, and a thick and warm baby blanket. Great tool for anyone from age 5 to 99.

So easy my kids use it

from Saint Marys, PA

Comments about Provo Craft Knifty Knitter Looms:

I am a crafty person and love to knit and crotchet. My kids bought me these for Christmas one year, but I had never really gotten into them. Last week my 7 year old found them in my craft supplies and asked what they were. So we sat down and figured out how to use them. They were so easy , I don't know why I have never used them before. Even my 7 yr old loves them and has used them to make hats for himself, his sister and his teacher. I have learned to make handbags, fingerless mittens that close and even decorations. They are truly great.

Very fast and easy to use.

from Oak Park, IL

Comments about Provo Craft Knifty Knitter Looms:

I have rheumatoid arthritis and had no problems while using this. It is great for people just wanting to make a couple hats, or for people wanting to knit all the time. I had a coupon, so the price was cut nearly in half. I suggest doing it that way.