View more laptops

003001B-R
Toshiba Satellite E105 Notebook PC

Toshiba Satellite E105 Notebook PC

3.3

looks nice, not well made

Comments about Toshiba Satellite E105 Notebook PC:

HDMI port stopped working in the first few months, so I had to send it to Toshiba for repair. They replaced the motherboard, but did not put the laptop back together well (you can see parts of the inside of the computer that were not noticeable before). The fan has been very loud since the start and the speakers are weak (low volume). The DVD player stopped working a little after a year from purchase. And then the computer started crashing (blue screen) and freezing during video/Skype at about two years.

• Battery Life:
  • Support & Service:
  • Speed/Performance:

Geat to me

from Jacksonville, FL

Comments about Toshiba Satellite E105 Notebook PC:

To start with this my second Toshiba Laptop, making me Toshiba laptop lover.

this model has very nice feature (to me at least) which is background lit keyboard, literally this saved me lot of struggling when working at night when the room is darkened as others fall int sleep.

Its design is beautiful, screen size & disply are excellent, weight little more than my expectation.

Windows 7 is very good and the hardware capability exceeds my needs. I'm not a gamer.

Its  built bluetooth is great advantage.

The major drawback is the sound system, its much lower compared to the Harman\Kardon system of my first toshiba.

I don't recommend it for someone seeking music & related activity.

OK Price, Not so good performance

from Bryn Mawr, PA

Comments about Toshiba Satellite E105 Notebook PC:

This laptop worked fine at first, but now it often freezes whenever I am working on something.  It seems to be unable to handle a lot of windows and programs running at the same time.  For instance, because I am asian, I have some asian programs such as QQ Live, QQ Messenger, and QQ video player, and QQ music.  These are all really great programs.  I also have some other programs such as Sopcast and TVAnts, and Emule.  Sometimes when I open these programs, the computer will work fine, but other times the computer will start to freeze.  I sometimes just wait for the computer to start working again, but one time I ended waiting for literally hours and it was still frozen and the screen did not change at all.  Some other times I will press CTRL ALT DELTETE and this is pretty random.  It works sometimes, and it does not work other times.  Sometimes I will get a task manager, and other times, the computer will remain frozen and nothing shows up on the screen at all.  Sometimes my only solution to fix the problem of my computer or rather laptop freezing is to just take out the battery.  I had to do this at least 20 times so far.

AWESOME

from Lubbock, TX

Comments about Toshiba Satellite E105 Notebook PC:

I have gone through many laptops and this one is by far the best! I have had it for almost a year now and have not had the first problem with it. It does everything it claims and all the features are awesome.