Other Laptops:

Dell Inspiron Notebook PC

Pros

Cons

Great Laptop

This Dell PP41L is a great Laptop for everyday users and is fast and fun. It comes with a fast processor and 3GB of ram so you are set in your everyday uses and downloads. It has Intel Pentium Dual Core with 2.17 GHz and windows vista home premium. The laptops also comes with a widescreen display so you are able to fully watch dvd's and enjoy the experience along with a dvd burner. You also get the use of wireless internet networking pre installed and vga port if you want to connect your computer to the tv for home movie nights. In all the product is well made, the only thing that may be a problem for some is the mouse pad on the laptop itself has a weird feel to it and could of been made better. Another issue that some may not like is the plastic feel of the covering, rather than a hard base that many laptops now have. In all for college users or professionals who want a laptop that will meet the needs of there everyday users this is a great choice.

An OK laptop for a tight budget.

Warning: The performance of this laptop is above average compared to most laptops in the price range. However, the bloatware that comes pre-installed on the computer is horrendous. In order to get the power performance, you must uninstall McAfee another factory installed programs.

There are many things that are great about the inspiron 1545. Windows 7 is thousands of times better than vista. It's smooth, for the most part error free, and much faster. The screen is great for watching movies on netflix or youtube. There's a decent ammount of ram for the AVERAGE user. 4gb is not enough though for a power user. The webcam has face recognition and runs well with skype. Battery life is good for the most part. The machine is actually pretty quiet computer to my desktop and yet doesn't get too hot. It's not light but nor is it heavy. It's portable enough to carry. Finally the keyboard is good enough to type.

However, there are also many things that irk me about this computer. First of all the bloatware. I can't stress this enough. McAfee will mess up your internet connection and the preinstalled intel and dell software WILL slow down your computer. There are no recovery disks which is a problem if anything were to happen. The laptop is prone to smudges and scratches. After 1 month of use it looks like a 2 year old laptop. There's no hdmi or bluetooth (might be ok for some, but i would have appreciated it). Also, the drivers needed to be updated.

Overall, if you can live with the issues, it's a decent laptop for the price. However, personally, I am going to look into other brands as well next time I need a laptop, such as Toshiba, Lenovo, and Hp.

It's a laptop. It's not hard to use but nor is it for stupid people.

Battery Life
Battery runs out like a normal laptop. It's not as long lasting as I would like.

Support & Service
I tried calling dell one time and all I got was a robot.

Speed/Performance
Great speed for the price!

The laptop is cheap plastic. The design could definitely use work.

It scratches and smudges VERY easily,

Nice laptop

from San francisco, CA

About Me Programmer

Pros

• Lightweight
  • Long Battery Life
  • Quiet

Cons

• Freezes Up

• Business Use
  • Music
  • Web Browsing
  • Word Processing

Comments about Dell Inspiron Notebook PC:

Nice computer for basic homework and bussiness.

• Primary use:
  • Business

A great laptop

Comments about Dell Inspiron Notebook PC:

The Dell Inspiron notebook was everything I was looking for and more. I work from home and with my particular job is extremely important that I have a reliable computer. This laptop is perfect for my job. The one thing that I love about this particular laptop is the fact that it doesn't easily overheat, letting me work for long hours with out having to turn my laptop off. Another feature about this particular Dell laptop that I absolutely adore, is the fact that the battery life lasts for a very long time. I once lost my charger for two days and the laptop still had 20% battery by the time that I found my charger again. That is an extremely long battery life.

This particular notebook is extremely user-friendly.

Battery Life
A remarkable battery life.

Support & Service
Thankfully I have never had to deal with support and service but that just means that it is a great computer.

Speed/Performance
High-speed and great performance.

I absolutely adore the design of this particular laptop. It's not too big and bulky and it fits perfectly in my computer bag.

Extremely durable.

IT's A Dell DUDE !

Comments about Dell Inspiron Notebook PC:

This has been the best laptop. I have had it for over 2 years and never ever had a problem !The graaphics are incredible ! There are so many features that I can't possibly name them all. It came loaded with various APPS & programs. There is a ton of space on there. The case is very solid. I heard of a lot of issues with short battery life... I must say this is not the case !

Not so good

Comments about Dell Inspiron Notebook PC:

My husband had gotten this for when he started college. I remember he was so excited when he first got it. However, within 6 months, he was already having issues. It was slow. The mouse was jumpy and wouldn't always respond. The hard drive went crazy and he had to replace it in his first semester of school! Luckily, he was able to get it fixed for free since it was under the 1 year warranty. However, about a year later, we had more issues with it. It completely crashed. We are students, but don't do a lot on these laptops--homework, listen to music, and sometimes watch movies. There was no reason for it to kill itself like that. We had to wipe the hard drive and reinstall Windows on it. We lost everything that was saved on there.
You'd think that would have been the end of our problems, but it wasn't. It became slow very quickly, even with regularly cleaning up the disk. By the time the laptop was 3 years old, the battery stopped working, the charger stopped working, and it was so slow that it would literally take 30 minutes or more to start up, and then another 30 minutes to decide to open up whatever program you wanted. Soon after that, it was a gamble if it would even completely start up! We replaced it, and have never looked back at Dell again!

It's windows, so it's simple if you know it. However, it became more difficult and frustrating to use as it deteriorated.

Battery Life
It would last MAYBE two hours on a full charge.

Support & Service
If anything happened within the 1 year warranty, it was fine. After that, we were on our own.

The screen was a very squat rectangle, which I found to be annoying.

Great laptop!

Comments about Dell Inspiron Notebook PC:

I bought the Dell Inspiron Notebook PC 1545 in April of 2010. We are now in August 2014 and I am still using my Dell Inspiron Notebook PC 1545. During these 4 years, the computer has not given me any trouble. I've had a few viruses every now and then, but that is mainly my fault for not being careful as to what websites I visit.
The Dell Inspiron Notebook PC 1545 was not expensive at all. I purchased it at a very reasonable price and it is still sold at a very reasonable price. The size of the laptop is perfect for me. I love watching movies and other stuff on the screen. It is very clear and a perfect size for watching such things. The laptop does not weigh much either. I can sit for hours with it in my lap and not get bothered from it at all.
In the four years that I had the Dell Inspiron Notebook PC 1545, the only problem I had was with the battery. After using it for about 3 years, the battery stopped working properly and would not charge. I had to replace it and buy a new one. Other than that, this is a great laptop and I love it very much.

Outstanding and versatile machine

Comments about Dell Inspiron Notebook PC:

This is an excellent machine and versitile enough to handle home, office and college student needs.

Out of the box and ready to go.

Battery Life
I can go more than a day on one charge and that is continuous usage, not sitting idle.

Support & Service
N/A. I have not needed support.

Speed/Performance
Super fast download time for high desity files such as video files

Sleek, thin and ready to go.

I have not had any issues, but the case seems strong and the machine should be able to handle normal wear and tear.

Dell Insiron

Comments about Dell Inspiron Notebook PC:

The Dell Inspiron 1545 is a great laptop if you are looking for quality or performance or whatever your need for your online/computing experience. I personally have had 3 dell computers in my lifetime including the models Dell Inspiron 1525 (which by the way I have owned 2 of them), and a Dell Inspiron 1545 and I have many friends that have had experience with Dell. Whenever someone ask me what is a good computer to get, without thinking about it I automatically blurt out Dell. You can not go wrong with any Dell computer desktop or laptop. I have been working with computers for over 30 years and Dell stands out in front of any other computer manufacture. I have seen a lot of different computers come and go, although some of them were and still are good (not naming names), Dell is still top of the line. There is nothing that you can not do on a Dell System, if your looking for good graphic capability, fast processor speed, loads of memory, user friendly, great customer support, and an affordable computer then look no further. If you have never experienced a Dell computer you do not know what you are missing.

A high quality notebook PC

Comments about Dell Inspiron Notebook PC:

I am really happy with my purchase of the Dell Inspirion Notebook PC. I had no problem getting familar with the system and layout of the product. The portability and durability of the laptop makes this a very useful product while I am in school. Great Purchase!

• Speed/Performance:

Great but tons of required purchases.

Comments about Dell Inspiron Notebook PC:

This was a great laptop for the first year i had it. Worked flawlessly until the webcam broke. The laptop was never dropped and for some reason the drivers just went missing. There was never any solution to the problem and Dell was no help at all. Also the battery life was terrible on this laptop. You could barely go and hour without being connected before it died. Compared to newer models the screen resolution is very poor. The screen isn't as bright as most laptops either. However for use in Microsoft and other programs it work great. I used this mainly for school and it did its jobs. Except when the touch pad stopped working. It seemed like i was sending the laptop to get fixed almost every few months. First it was the an issue with drivers and the hard drive. Then there was an issue with the touch pad. Then USB started not connecting even if they were plugged in. I will be buying a new laptop soon, but it will certainly not be a DELL. If you want something basic that does the bare minimum then this laptop is great. Otherwise considered a different brand.

• Speed/Performance:

Durable and reliable as well as good looking

from Phoenix, AZ

Comments about Dell Inspiron Notebook PC:

I found this computer before Christmas of 2013 on eBay, second hand, and without an operating system, but otherwise functional. My husband wanted a computer that could run his favorite legacy apps on a 32-bit operating system. So, I bought it and reinstalled Windows 7 on it. It has been a great investment, stable and reliable. It also looks really good for its age. It has a matte finish top that didn't scratch up and looks really sharp.

The hardware works great, and the operating system, Windows 7, is intuitively obvious, even for a newbie. This computer is much like my very first laptop when I was a newbie, and I was a serious neophyte who needed to learn how to turn the device on, let alone, how to set up a home network. It was made easier by having a laptop like this because its performance helped learning be a breeze.

Battery Life
Reasonably good, but likely to be better when I buy it some new spare batteries. The one I have now in it is the used one it came with. It's good for 3 hours now. I think I will be able to get 6 hours with a new one.

Support & Service
Dell answered my questions about drivers and were knowledgeable and friendly when I told them what I was going to do, which was to reinstall the operating system and drivers. They have instant chat and are always great when I want to ask questions. If the person I first talk to does not know an answer, he finds it out from someone who does know. Very professional.

Speed/Performance
Very respectable for its age. It plays video snappily and surfs the web quickly. It runs all the apps my husband enjoys, plus has been good for his report writing for work. One thing my husband likes to do is share files between this computer and the desktops, such as downloaded movies. This computer downloads and plays them without freezes or hesitations.

This one is black and is very good looking as well as well designed. The keyboard and monitor are just the right size. This is a 15-inch computer, and that's a great viewing size. The keys on the keyboard and responsive and springy, just the way we like it. It's also attractive. The inside is all black and shiny. Before it arrived, I planned to dress it up with artwork to make it more like the gift it would become, but it looked nice just as it was, so I left it that way. Something my husband really likes is that it has a lack os hard edges, being rounded at the joint between the keyboard section and the monitor. he also likes the scratch resistant case top.

I have one of my own of similar vintage, and it's 5 years old. So, since this one is also 5 years old, it's quite durable because everything works quite well, and it's being toted about daily by its new owner. It still runs fast and responsively.