Other Laptops:
Toshiba
C55D-A5163

Summary

The Toshiba C55DA Series Notebook features a 1.0GHz AMD E1-2100 Accelerated Processor, 4GB RAM (expandable up to 16GB), 15.6 in. TruBrite® TFT display and the Windows 8.1 operating system.

just ok

from Sacramento, CA

Comments about Toshiba Notebook Satellite C55DA Series 1.0GHz AMD E1-2100 Processor 15.6" Display:

I purchased this notebook because it was on sale, and I had heard great things about it from a friend of mine. The principal purpose was to have a dedicated machine just to work on my doctoral dissertation. I already own a HP laptop which I am very happy with. But, this was such a deal that I thought it would work out well. That has not been the case, I have had some difficulties with it and needed to take it into the Geek Squad twice now. I have never had to take in my HP. So, that has been expensive (offset the great deal) and it has been annoying, to say the least. I also had difficulty with the software that I am using for statistical analysis on this machine. Granted, I use my desktop typically for loading this type of software, and that may be my bias; but, it has been an issue. On the bright side, it is very fast and durable. I have to confess I did drop it once, and it survived very well. So, whereas it has not performed to expectations it is still an average piece of equipment.

• Was this a gift?: