Other DVRs:
TiVo
TiVo - Digital Video Recorder

TiVo - Digital Video Recorder

She's my best friend!!

Awesome awesome awesome.  Once you have one you will NEVER go back.  Buy one of these instead of the DVR through cable companies just for the cute sounds!  Plus they're just overall better...one of my friends has a DVR and it just doesn't do as much.  If you're going to spend the money do it right!!  I didn't find it too hard to setup, once I got the hang of it (my husband's in the Army and we move a lot so I've done it enough I can do it in my sleep now).  I also have a DVD recorder and use it to record episodes of all my favorite shows.  I'm hooked on all kinds of shows, and now never have to worry about missing an episode of anything ever, along with watching it as many times as I want.  I've owned one for four years now and have never had any problems at all with it.  I had to call the TiVo people for help setting it up the first time, and they were incredibly helpful and friendly.  They have all kinds of cool stuff you can do with it now if it's on a broadband connection, like renting and buying movies through Amazon, playing games, checking news and weather...anything you can imagine!  I love the wishlist option they have too; just type in the name of the actor/category and TiVo will automatically tell you anytime that person appears in a show...it's great for watching my favorite actors on guest appearances on talk shows!  I don't even need to go into how awesome it is skipping commercials.  When I went to visit my family for two months over the summer I took it with me, unable to survive without it!!  I haven't watched a TV show in 'real' time once since I've bought it...stop debating and buy one, trust me, you won't regret it.

Tivo makes a good product, but ours was too outdated

My wife and I had been loyal TIVO customers for years, and were willing to pay the monthly premiums, since we were so used to them. We had two boxes in our home, and had the adapter so that we could view the shows in both rooms, etc. Over the past year, we began to look at what we were paying for these boxes, and at the same time we looked at changing our provider for cable. As we looked into this, we found that we were paying far too much for the TIVO compared to what we could pay Dish Network for a DVR and service. Due to this, we very quickly got rid of the TIVO's, even though we had been loyal customers for 5 years. We really did like the TIVO service when we had it, but we felt that price wise, it didn't compare to what we could get from the major cable/sattelite companies, and in the end, our monthly bill would be less, and we would get just as much quality. We just couldn't justify the expense of either the monthly TIVO bill, or a new TIVO box, which was way too much.

A Must-Have for Any TV Watcher!

from Randolph, ME

Comments about TiVo - Digital Video Recorder:

I could never live without my Tivos.  After I got my first one, of course I had to get another!  I have yet to connect the two so that I can connect them to my computer, but I'll get to it some day.  It's so nice to watch anything you want anytime you like.  The only downside is that you can't go back to watching "usual" TV because of the annoying commercials!  Love it, love it, love it.

You'll wonder how you could stand to watch TV without it

from Powell, OH

Comments about TiVo - Digital Video Recorder:

TiVo rocks!!!!!!!!  The set up can be time-consuming, but once you have it running, TV watching will never be the same.  Skip commercials, watch replays before the booth shows them, fast forward through the slow parts of shows, download movies from amazon.com and even watch mpg files you created

I'll go back to TV when they peel Peanut outta my cold dead hand

from Tucson, AZ

Comments about TiVo - Digital Video Recorder:

This was the greatest gift i ever gave myself...I got the machine itself from a radio station giveaway and almost never even hooked it up, but then I got into some show - don't remember which one, and I was going out of town and didn't want to miss an episode...so I did it.  When the free year expired, I quickly bought the lifetime subscription and it has been worth every penny and then some. I no longer have to watch third wheel or blind date or wose yet, Extra! at 1 in the morning when I can't sleep.  Once you go Tivo, you'll never go back!!

What did we ever do without it

from Arroyo Grande, CA

Comments about TiVo - Digital Video Recorder:

My husband and I love the Tivo. We are huge fans of sports. You can imagine there is just no chance of watching every game. Yes, my husband really wants to watch every single football game. That is why we get the nfl package on direct tv every year. We have alot of stuff recorded on tivo and I mean alot. It is so quick to set . No fumbling around trying to set timers and all that nonsense. You can set up your programs weeks in advance or set it to record the whole season for you. You can set it by name or time it comes on. Awesome for us. I am fairly sure you will love it too...

Do anything to me, but don't take my TiVo away!

from Berwick, PA

Comments about TiVo - Digital Video Recorder:

My daughters bought TiVo for me last Christmas.  It came with a year's service.  At the time, TiVo had a special that allowed me to add TWO extra years for the price of ONE extra year.  That was an awesome deal.  TiVo has solved my TV viewing dilemmas for me.  Once it's set up, you can basically forget about programming things until a new season starts.  Programming two things at once, watching something while something else is recording, and having TiVo find things it thinks I might like are all the qualities I enjoy.  Being able to pause a TV show as it's being broadcast because the dog has to go out is wonderful.  I can imagine ever doing without TiVo ever again.

Greates Invention of our Generation....

from Sweetwater, TN

Comments about TiVo - Digital Video Recorder:

We have had TiVo for a while now. I firmly believe this is the greatest invention of our generation! It gives YOU complete control of your schedule! I get to decide when to watch my favorite show, I don't have to watch those pesky commercials, and my husband and I frequently let things, such as Tennessee Vols Football Games, to "get ahead of themselves", so that we can fast forward through half time! It wonderful to have the flexability to go to work, or out to eat, and know that I don't have to miss my favorite shows! No more do I have to work myself around the tv schedule, I work it around mine! Thanks TiVo!!!!

we LOVE our TiVo

from Wilbraham, MA

Comments about TiVo - Digital Video Recorder:

We could not be without our TiVo. We are early subscribers who were able to buy our TiVo with a lifetime subscription. We were even able to add a new HD unit to the subscription at a discounted rate. Direct TV has a new non TiVo unit that influenced our decision not to switch from cable to Direct TV. Our daughter was renting a DVR from her cable company and missed TiVo so much that she bought a TiVo unit not to save money but to regain features like wish lists. People who have other DVRs don;t realize what they are missing. Our unit is about 7 year old and has never failed us.

I can not live without my TIVO

from King Of Prussia, PA

Comments about TiVo - Digital Video Recorder:

TIVO is the greates thing since sliced bread!

It is so user friendly it beats the pants off our old DVR from direct TV.

Never miss another show. ever.

As busy parents we would never be able to follow any of our favorite shows without TIVO!

Simple remote commands makes programming your TIVO a walk int he park. Just make sure to turn off the auto reccommend feature or your box will be filled with random shows of Tivo's design.

I had to fight to convince my husband we needed it and now we fight over the remote on a pretty regular basis.

I have never me anyone that regretted thier TIVO.

Don't know how we survived without Tivo

from Springfield, OH

Comments about TiVo - Digital Video Recorder:

We just can't believe we ever survived without Tivo!  We are a very busy family between both having jobs, kids, church activities and service, and other commitments and we just love the fact that we are able to schedule our Tivo box to record the shows we want to see and then just watch it when we want.  We don't watch a ton of TV, but having this service not only makes our viewing more flexible, but we can watch more stuff in less time because we don't have to watch any commercials.  Would highly recommend this service for people who want to be able to do more with their TV viewing.

What did I ever do before Tivo?

from Arlington, TX

Comments about TiVo - Digital Video Recorder:

Tivo frees me up to watch what I want when I want, not when the television stations want me to.  Plus, recording two shows at once, while I watch another is great!  I don't know that I could ever live without it again.  My whole family has adopted Tivo. I just wish that there wasn't a service fee even when you have bought the unit.  Or may a lesser fee.  Everyone I have recommended this to has loved it just as much.  Do yourself a favor and buy one today.