2.1

2.1

Pros

Cons

• Shipping and Returns:

Not the biggest shoe store on the web but one of the best!

***Quick View: ***My son has to have certain styles and brand names of shoes and boy, is he picky. His latest thing is Timberland boots. They're expensive as heck! I searched all over the net and found the ones he wanted for a really great price. No shipping and no tax added to their appeal. I never shopped with **The Shoe Mart** before but took a chance. I will be back! Everything went smooth as silk!***About The Shoe Mart Online***

This site is not a huge one like Zappos et al. but it has good brand names for women and men. When I was searching or the Timbs my son wanted, I saw them for $130.00 on sale which was actually a good price. Then, I saw them at The Shoe Mart for $103.50 on sale. Wow! I checked out the site and it looked legit, was offering free shipping, and charged no tax. I was lured by a great price and took a chance.

Navigation is easy and the pictures are decent. I chose the boots I wanted and paid easily with a credit card. I received a confirmation email and then a shipping one with tracking. My order was here in a total of four days from order to my door. I had my son check the boots out because I didn't want a month to pass before Christmas came and then find a flaw or whatever and he is pleased and now demanding the black ones as well as the wheat color I already bought. *sigh*

You can return shoes within 365 days! They must be unworn but that's some policy! Shipping is free on all orders and tax is charged only in CT. The sale prices on high end shoes is very good. I definitely will be back. Everything went well and they have a very visible toll free number to call if there is an issue.

***My Viewpoint***

The best price, no shipping, no tax, no bait and switch, no problems. They have a good return policy and high end shoes for prices that are less than anywhere I have found. What's not to love? ***5 stars.***

Caveat emptor--unless you get a kick out of perpetual backorders

I ordered a pair of Keen sandals at a great price for an upcoming trip.  Two days later, I received an email stating that they were on backorder and would ship on June 10.  I logged into my bank account and saw that I had already been charged, but let it go since the backorder date was just a little over a week.  Since time was of the essence, I called to confirm this ship date and was told that an email would come to me 6/10 confirming that the shoes had shipped.  June 10 came and went without a word, so I emailed 6/11 to find out whether or not the shoes were coming and got no response.  I called 6/12 and was told that they didn't know when the shoes would be available but they knew it would probably be after 7/1.  I realized pretty quickly that this backorder date was going to be one of those perpetually moving targets and these crooks were going to keep my money and never send me anything for it.

Great for Shoes and Other Things

from Utah

Comments about TheShoeMart.com:

I originally went to shoemart.com in search of some good deals on shoes. I have found good deals on shoes, and I have also found good deals on backpacks and a couple other things. This is a great site to shop, and I enjoy coming back here whenever I can.

Product Selection
Shoemart.com has a wide variety of shoe brands, including Nike, Reebok, Timberland, and Klogs. One downside is that they seem to have mostly sports-type shoes. While we are often in the market for this type of shoe, my wife was looking for dressier boots as well, and they do not have many. It would be nice if they would broaden the selection in some types of shoes that they have.

Shipping and Returns
Shoemart.com has one of the best shipping and return policies I have seen. Shipping is free, which is an awesome deal. You also have ninety days to make returns. This is particularly helpful when buying shoes that have not been tried on. If I am not sure if a particular shoe fits, then I am hesitant to buy it from a website if they do not have a simple return policy. But shoemart.com's policy is simple and clear, and it has been the tipping point in some shoe-buying decisions.

One great product

from Syracuse, New York

Comments about TheShoeMart.com:

ShoeMart.com is a site that I would say- reminds me of foot locker - only a bit more expensive on the greater majority of their items. I guess in some ways they have one up on their competition because they offer entirely free shipping on all of their items and, they have a very flexible 90 day returns policy. The only catch t the 90 day return policy is that it costs you the return shipping price. Even so, their returns are much better than a lot of other companies. My very favorite product that they sell are the Minnetonka Women's lined hard bottom loafers. They have a wool similar lining in them and are incredibly comfortable. They come in several different styles and colors and although they are not the most stylish shoe, they are one of the most comfortable. I think the selection that they have available could be improved but they have a good size range and a far price of under $40.00 per pair. I bought some for Christmas for myself and my mother in law and we both love them. Their overall customer service experience is very good and the employees seem knowledgeable about the products they sell and plenty eager to help in any way they can. Their overall shipping times are good. I generally receive them within about 8 to 10 days from the date of my order being placed. I am an avid fan of their Minnetonka brand house shoes.

• Shipping and Returns:

Beware of the promise of easy returns.

Comments about TheShoeMart.com:

Should you receive the exact shoe you ordered, on time and the fit is good and the merchandise has zero defects you might just be happy with your The ShoeMart order. Just as you would ordering from any other on-line shoe retailer. Do not choose The ShoeMart if you are considering the 90 day return policy or the promise of "easy returns". The only easy part of the easy returns process is the Fedex tracking. The ShoeMart does staff a call answering group that will track that you have called in to inquire about your return. Should you call in a following day, a call answering representative will be happy to remind you that you have called in already and that you are bothering them. You will be offered no further status information other than what is already on-line...awaiting merchandise. If they actually provided details and kept the customer informed they might be offering "Customer Service" which they are clearly trying to avoid. The only staff inspecting your return is the owner and the owner only comes to the office perhaps once every two weeks, or so it seems. Your return status will always be "awaiting merchandise". Take a close look at the easy returns page on The ShoeMarts website its presented rather vaguely that once the merchandise is received AND inspected. When the shoes are received is irrelevant. The inspection may very well occur several days perhaps weeks after they sign for your return shipment. Next, if youre anticipating a refund, theyve typed 7 to 10 days following the inspection. Assuming you can do without your shoes and money and you trust The ShoeMart to eventually do whats right, good for you. However, you may be better off auctioning your ill-fitting or defective shoes on eBay rather than taking a chance with the crooked RMA system at The ShoeMart. Or, if you had paid by credit card and not paypal, perhaps contact your bank and charge the transaction back? Perhaps The ShoeMart will respond to VISA taking their money away? Save yourself the potential frustration and just buy from another on-line retailer or better yet, pay a little sales tax and buy shoes you can try on first, locally."

• Shipping and Returns:

shopped there once, will never again

from Connecticut

Comments about TheShoeMart.com:

I didn't have the worst experience with the ShoeMart but my experience was definitely not good enough for me to shop there again. I really wasn't happy with the service. The shoes were fine but they were shoes I pretty much could have bought anywhere else. It was not like this was the only site that sold these particular shoes. After I placed my order I felt like it took forever for my order to actually ship out. It took so long that I actually forgot I even placed my order. When I finally remembered I checked my order status and nothing had changed and it had been over a week. I contacted customer service and they gave me excuses about the warehouse being closed and what not. It just annoyed me how my credit card was charged right away but yet it took so long for me to get my order. I don't think there is any reason for my order to have taken that long and honestly it probably would have taken longer than it already did had I not made that phone call.

THE WORST

Comments about TheShoeMart.com:

I will give them a zero if there it was an option. Ordered Timberland boots for Christmas. I paid extra for 2 day shipping. Called 3 days later to follow up and was told i paid for 2 day processing not delivery. LOL! I requested a supervisor and her first words to me were "when did you think you were going to get them"? WOW! i was lost for words. She told me they will arrive at my house on the 27th. 28th...still no shoes. I called back and spoke with the same lady and she inform me that Timberland no longer had the shoes in stock and they thought that it was on the shelves but when they went to pulled them, they realize they were out. LMAO! at thatpoint, I had a little fun with her.I ask, "did you send me out a letter or email"? she replied, "yes". I asked, "which one"? she said," email". I said, "oh well sorry about that, let me just check my email bc i did not see it earlier". So then I said, "nope...don't see it, when did you send it"? she replied" let me check, oh, It was today". LMAO! I haven't received the email yet. These people are clueless. Use them for the discount only. Do not order anything on this site if you need it within the same month.They are hustlers with no clue on how to run an online store.

Slowww

Comments about TheShoeMart.com:

I like supporting the little guys and The Shoe Mart is a niche shoe company that operates on a smaller scale. For a small operation, they do have a huge collection of shoes.

Furthermore, they offer free shipping and also 90 day return period, which is pretty great. The problem is that I do not think that they ship their shoes from their own warehouses directly. This is because some of the sales that I see on their website is exactly the same sale on the shoe brand's home page.

For example, the Allen Edmonds shoe sale is exactly the same as the one on the website. So, my thoughts is that they are affiliates for these companies. This make sense because the shipping is extremely slow. About 2 weeks compared to other retailers.

The items will definitely come, however, you would need to have the foresight that you need the shoes several weeks in advance or else you will be quite disappointed.

Not a great selection

from Southfield, MI

Comments about TheShoeMart.com:

I LOVE buying shoes for my daughter. Ok, I really like buying any clothes for my daughter, but I love finding shoes to compliment her different outfits. She's in preschool now so it's exciting getting to dress her to go to a place where people will actually see her and its not just me appreciating her adorable outfits!
I'm always on the look out for the best deal on her shoes. I love buying her shoes, but that doesn't mean I want to spend a fortune on them! When I first came across TheShoeMart.com I was excited because they offer free shipping and they accept PayPal. Those are two big bonuses in my book.
Unfortunately the bonuses ended there. Their selection is really small. It's nothing in comparison to online retailers like Zappos, or Shoe Buy, or 6PM. They also make it hard to tell if you're ordering the right size or not. Most sites will differentiate between toddler and kid sizes, but The Shoe Mart doesn't.
Unless they make some serious improvements to their site and selection, I can't see this shop being around for long. Not when there are so many better options available.

Terrible Customer Service, A Month to Recieve, Overcharged

Comments about TheShoeMart.com:

item says 'in stock' until you purchase it-then you get an email a week later saying it will take another 5-8 business days. However, it took a month to receive. The website inventory is not accurate. Customer service is non-existent. The only manager does not care about inconveniencing you or whether your order ever arrives. I was hung up on. There was no communication. Was overcharged and had a very difficult time getting the problem resolved. This was an awful experience. I never once even got so much as an apology and was not spoken to with any respect. They act like you're inconveniencing them by calling. Buyer Beware!!!!

Don't know about shoes - processing order for over a week

Comments about TheShoeMart.com:

I ordered a pair of Rockports from them. Good price, but after more than a week the order is still "Processing" at this point I am just going to cancel and order elsewhere. There is plenty of competition out there from retailers who actually ship their items timely.

Shoe Mart Customer Service THE WORST

Comments about TheShoeMart.com:

Despite ordering the shoes and paying for one day service the Shoe Mart insisted they were in compliance despite scheduling delivering for the shoes 3 days beyond the day they were supposed to be delivered on. Condescending customer service agents with a less than 1/4 star attitude never helps the situation. Rather than trying to help the customer Shoe Mart's all about explaining how they did everything right and you're just out of luck.

The customer has to pay return shipping even if Shoe Mart is in the wrong.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!