3.1

3.1

Pros

Cons

• Flavor Selection:

My finicky cats love it!

I have three cats and I used to have to buy 2 kinds of cat food to please all three.  Now I have finally found a food that all agree on.  I have one cat that would throw up if I did not buy her a certain kind of food so I kept trying different things (because of course they never had what I had gotten the previous time).  Well, when I tried Goodlife Cat food, all 3 cats started eating it.  It is a little pricey, but I am not having to clean up anyone's vomit.  That's a plus.

Goodlife Not for my Finicky Feline!

We've had the same family cat for about 10 years now. I prefer to feed her high quality cat food (due to her health issues and stomach sensitivity), but I do switch up brands now and again when I find a good deal. I came across the Goodlife cat food in my supermarket and it seemed to tout high end quality, nutrition and taste for my kitty. Since I had a coupon for it, I decided to buy it.

Well, my cat turned her nose to this food. I kept it in her bowl for 2-3 days and she would not touch it! I did everything I could to get her to eat it. I even went back and got a different flavor with another coupon. Still, kitty would not approve. It wasn't until I gave up and put another brand of food down there that my cat would partake. Now, I didn't try this food myself, buy my pet was telling me it was not good. I tried to give the leftover bags to my neighbor who feeds stray cats, and she told me that those cats wouldn't eat it either! That was quite surprising!

never again

from evansville, WI

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

Cons

• Doesn't Like It

Comments about The Goodlife Recipe Dry Cat Food:

My cats wouldn't even eat it....they walked up to the dish of food smelled it n walked away....will not eat it at all. Very disappointed....I thought I'd switch up n try something good and they hate it.

The Goodlife Recipe Dry Cat Food is Not So Good

Profile Image

from North Hanover, NJ

Comments about The Goodlife Recipe Dry Cat Food:

I tried this cat food because of the packaging which made it look very healthy for your cat. I brought it home, opened it up and my cat came running and did eat it so I guess he did like the flavor. The ingredients however are not healthy as the package implies. It is full of corn products and chicken by products as well as other unhealthy ingredients that do nothing for the health or the Good Life of your cat. It comes in different flavors. It is more expensive than the other brands of cat food such as Purina but you are getting a worse product that trys to fool you by showing all the healthy foods all over the package. My cat tiered of it after a couple of days and I have not bought it since. If I am spending that much for a dry cat food , I want with with quality ingredients that will be a healthy choice for my cat. I don't recommend it for kittens. I think it is fine for sensitive stomachs as my cat had no problem with it.

Just Say No to The Good Life

Comments about The Goodlife Recipe Dry Cat Food:

My mother fed this to her two cats for years. The one cat that was more prone to eating this dry food was just put down with renal failure and a GIANT bladder stone at 12 years old. Before I knew this would happen, I had started purchasing it for my own male cat because that was what I was used to buying. He came down with a urinary tract infection in a very short period of time (which led to a seizure because of the antibiotics he was treated with) so in my experience with this food and three different cats, I'd go with one of the many other products on the market out there, including Purina One Urinary Tract Health.

Quality of Ingredients
      Too much ash causes so many problems. A cats renal system is it's Achilles heel. Then, as I learned the hard way, the antibiotics could cause all kinds of other problems.

Flavor Selection
      I'm pretty sure they only have one or two varieties and neither of them is "urinary tract" friendly.

• Flavor Selection:

Not Part of the "Good-Life"

from Blackwell, OK

Comments about The Goodlife Recipe Dry Cat Food:

This is not only is it a horrible food for cats. But the company is trying to make you believe by it's slick packaging it's good for a cat. The Goodlife Recipe looks like it's full of natural foods and you would think so by what the sack looks like on front. The back of this cat food shows a food pyramid and states that it has natural nutrient-rich vegetables, vitamins and minerals, and has real natural chicken, healthy oils, natural whole grains, and antioxidants. It does not have all of these good things in it. It's full of junk food and the first four ingredients show how this is not a natural food for cats. It has ground corn, something that isn't natural for a cats as it is high in carbohydrates, allergenic, and difficult for a cat to digest. It has chicken by-product meal, which is the parts leftover after the good parts of the chicken has been removed for the human food industry. Chicken by-products are actually just beaks, feathers, feet, combs, intestines, and wattles . The next ingredient is corn gluten meal, another ingredient that is not good for a cat. If I cat shouldn't eat corn, it definitely shouldn't eat corn gluten. The fourth ingredient in this cat food is animal fat, which means who knows where this fat came from. It just has the words animal fat, it could be from anything! Finally, you see the ingredient chicken. That just shows that this is not full of chicken because it's the fifth ingredient and that shows it has very little of this in the cat food. The next ingredient is whole grain brown rice, which isn't bad for a cat, but this is the 6th ingredient which means also that there isn't much of this in it either.

Quality of Ingredients
      The rest of the ingredients are poultry flavor, wheat flour, rice, brewers yeast, potassium chloride, wheat gluten, dried spinach and a few other dried vegetables, skim milk powder and a long of list of vitamins. This is not a good food like they market it. The ingredients show that it doesn't have very much chicken or vegetables in it like they make it look like! The ingredients are mainly corn, and parts left over from a chicken that any human wouldn't eat. It's overpriced and can be compared to the ingredients you find in bad cat food. I may not feed my cats the best cat food consistently. However, I do try to buy nutritious food when I can afford it and I don't like to have a company try and trick me with slick packaging like this company did. I will ensure to never buy from this company again.

Flavor Selection
      My cats may have liked it, but that doesn't mean anything since a cat would also eat garbage. They are animals, and we are the ones that should make sure they are getting good foods, which this is not good food for a cat like they are trying to say!

Extreme litter box smell

Comments about The Goodlife Recipe Dry Cat Food:

I just adopted my two year old cat and thought this would be a good fit for her. Yes, she absolutely loves the food, however, the side effects are very difficult for both of us. The gas and odor of her litter box are way more than I can handle. I have a whole bag that I have to throw out, which doesn't thrill me at all, however, that will be the best solution for both of us.

• Flavor Selection:

Nothing but cheap slop, AVOID this food for your cats

from Glendale, CA

Comments about The Goodlife Recipe Dry Cat Food:

If you have a cat, you are obligated to investigate what's in their food. They depend on you. The best information I've found is on http://www.catinfo.org/  (written by a knowledgeable vet).:

The packaging on Goodlife is very slick and this food sounds so nutritious. But wait: look a little closer: the first 5 ingredients are very worrisome: chicken by-product meal (they can't even put in real chicken), ground whole corn, corn gluten meal, then finally! chicken, powdered cellulose. Do you know that cats are carnivores and that they do not need to eat any grains at all? That in fact grains are harmful to them?

Pet food companies are thinking of profit, not the health of your cats. And not your anguish when your cat dies from a urinary tract problem because of the food you've been forcing it to eat.

Many cats eagerly dig in to Goodlife because they spray it with digestive enzymes that they can't resist. So the owner thinks "Wow! My cat likes the food and it's good for them!" Wrong.

This is made by Mars, Inc. If you wouldn't feed your child three Mars bars a day for nutrition, you shouldn't be giving your poor little cats this food either. It's about the same thing.

I'm really ticked off that I got suckered in by the writing on this bag of cat food.  It's going back to the store tomorrow.

Cat's Love It

from Culpeper, VA

Comments about The Goodlife Recipe Dry Cat Food:

I received a free coupon for Good Life Cat food and with all the scare about dog/cat food being recalled, I thought, hey this is an all natural cat food, let's give it a try. I brought it home and gave some to my two cats and they just ate it up. I put some of their old food out later that nite and they wouldn't eat it.  So I had to mix it but they were smart and picked out the Good Life cat food.  I ended up giving the old stuff to my neighbor. I now only buy them (All Natural) Good Life.

Goodlife Recipe Indoor Cat Food Perfect for Multiple Cats

from Acworth, GA

Comments about The Goodlife Recipe Dry Cat Food:

As the parent of 11 cats, ranging from 3 years to 17 years old, and 6 pounds to 26 pounds, it was like a little slice of heaven to find a dry food that I can buy in large bags that meets my multiple dietary requirements. I have sensitive stomach kitties that barf almost everything they eat, and "extra large" kitties that need a little help with self-control, and diva kitties that groom all the time and need a little help with the hairballs, and a super-hero kitty that protects me from the wild paper towel rolls by shredding them to pieces and them eating some of the shreds and even a cat-dog who I have to tell his "dog" food is ready or he won't eat. Not to mentiopn the cat with seizures, the one with allergies and the psycho one. This food is the only food I have ever found that is reasonably priced, available in large bags and everyone eats!

Quality of Ingredients
      With such a large group of cats, there are bound to be a wide range of dietary needs to be met. Some have sensitive tummies, some are picky, some have dental issues, and so on. With Goodlife Recipe they all get the nutrients they need and seem to actually finally all like one food.

Flavor Selection
      I have only seen two different varieties and have only used the indoor formula, but 11 cats all agree to eat the same food for the first time ever.

• Flavor Selection:

When the cat refuses to eat it, so much for your "Goodlife".

from Nederland, CO

Comments about The Goodlife Recipe Dry Cat Food:

Kitty (a.k.a. Goddess, my Inspiration), is not a typically finicky cat. In fact, I don't think I've ever seen her go so far out of her way to NOT eat as she does with Goodlife. I have heard such wonderful things about this dry food, and it's such a challenge to find a good quality food that is natural and doesn't have weird dyes. I wanted to do something healthy for her. But as all cat owners know, when it's a battle of wills between you and your cat, it's just a matter of time before she wins! And unfortunately, she just flat out hates this food. Not sure if it's the taste or the grains and veggie pieces don't leave her feeling very satisfied. It's just a bit pricier than her typical food, which isn't a problem, but now I'm stuck with 12 pounds of it and she is as stubborn as ever. I guess it's back to the regular stuff for us, but maybe you will have better luck with your cat!

Goodlife recipe cat food for sensitive cats

from Trenton, FL

Comments about The Goodlife Recipe Dry Cat Food:

I have cats that seem to have sensitive stomachs. I have tried some of the other well known brands and sometimes my cats get sick eating them. I bought some of the Goodlife Recipe Cat food when it was on sale and my cats loved the taste, which was good, but they didn't get sick, which really impressed me. I am on a limited budget and it is really nice that you can usually always find great coupons for the Goodlife Recipe cat food, and it goes on sale quite often. This helps me to bring the cost down and I don't feel like I am overindulging my cats with my pocketbook but with a food that is both good for them and that they enjoy. I have noticed that their coat is also softer and shinier, too.