Other Feminine Care Products:

Tampax Pearl Plastic Tampons

Pros

Cons

The only one I will use

I have been using these for years, ever since my friend told me about them. I tried every tampon and I just could not get it in, these tampons are differnt they glide right in they have a super soft applicator that glides right in. I will always use these. If you are at the last day of your period I would recommend the super light or a panty liner because you are less lubricated and it will be very hard to pull out. I would recommend these for any one who is starting to experiment with tampons.

IT FELL APART

When I first used a Tampax Pearl Tampon with Plastic Applicator Regular Absorbancy Unscented, I was relieved and pleased. It had only been recently that I had decided to try ones with applicators again and I was trying several different ones. Unlike past trials, other than some issue getting ahold of the applicator, it was easy to use and everything seemed just fine. No leakage and I was actually able to use the applicator instead of just having to remove the tampon from the applicator to use as had been my past experience with applicators that are not as smooth. The applicator did not hurt me as much as past applicators have when the tampon pushed through. However, when it came time to take it out, not only did it hurt to take out and leave me so irritated and raw I wanted to just curl up in a ball and cry, but IT FELL APART. In SEVENTEEN YEARS, I have NEVER before had any brand of tampon fall apart on me. I am not talking it was slightly shredded or pulling apart at the edges, the cotton feathering out. I mean it FELL APART. When I pulled it out, It had unraveled, it had opened up and completely unrolled from around the string in the middle. i could see it as clear as day as if I had cut the thing in half. It so badly fell apart that it looked like a chunk was missing from it and I had to go to the doctor and get checked out to make sure I did not have anything else still left in me. It was days later and I was still so raw from Tampax Pearl Tampons with Plastic Applicator Regular Absorbency Unscented that she told me not to use them again and had to give me medicine for the irritation. I don't know if any tampon, applicator or not has ever hurt me so bad. (I'm trying other ones in the future, so not sure if I will change my mind about that, maybe others are worse, but out of the several tried so far, irritation and falling apart wise, this has been the worst tampon experience ever.) And, no, I would not recommend this tampon to anyone unless I want them to have to deal with a freakout.

My favorite brand of tampons.

from Kansas

Comments about Tampax Pearl Plastic Tampons:

I love Tampax Pearl Plastic Tampons. They are always my first choice. I have been using them for the past 10 years. I have tried other ones but they just don't compare.

The wrappers of these tampons are quieter than other brands. I like that, because you are not in a bathroom stall making a lot of noise with a plastic wrapper and making it very obvious what you are doing. It makes changing your tampon discrete. The plastic applicator makes it easy to insert. I have tried cardboard applicators before and they are generally uncomfortable. With these tampons, you will feel no discomfort. You cannot feel it when it is in. There is a thick braided string so you do not have to worry about the string possibly breaking when you are taking it out. I rarely have any leaking issues, if I do it is because I did not change it soon enough.

I highly suggest Tampax Pearl! They are great for younger girls just starting out with tampons because they are easy to insert and comfortable.

My go to

Comments about Tampax Pearl Plastic Tampons:

I have to say that Tampax Pearl tampons are my go to feminine product. In my area, they are not the cheapest ones but they are not the most expensive either. They are set at a fairly decent price and they are affordable to a broke college girl! I like that the wrappers are not that loud crackly stuff that other brands are wrapped in. I feel a little bit more secretive when using these in a public restroom because the wrappers are soft and quiet. They are also very easy and quick to open which is a huge advantage over others, especially when you're trying to change tampons in a hurry. I have only used the regular sized ones so I can't speak for the other sizes, but these you can insert very easily. They have a smooth plastic applicator that's not uncomfortable like the bulky ones or the cardboard ones. I also feel like they are comfortable once inserted correctly and they hold more liquid than other brands do. I never have issues with leakage with the Pearls.

Tampax pearl

Comments about Tampax Pearl Plastic Tampons:

I have been using tampons since I was 16 years old. I have tried so so many brands through the years. When I find something I like, I tend to stick with it. Several years ago, I started using tampax pearl. I needed a comfortable product for my active lifestyle, which includes swimming and running. Many other brands could not meet my needs. So, shortly after starting to use this product, I realized all the other brands were good, but this brand really was superior in my opinion. The comfort and ease of use totally determined that this would be a product I would continue to use for years to come. I recently encouraged my fourteen year old daughter to start using this product. She was hesitant at first, but now she loves tampax pearl as much as I do. They are small and easily fit discreetly in my purse. I have continued to recommend this product to my girlfriends. Thank you Tampax for a great product !

This is my favorite brand of tampons.

Comments about Tampax Pearl Plastic Tampons:

Tampax Pearl Plastic Tampons are my favorite brands of tampons. I have been buying tampons for over 15 years. I have experimented with multiple brands and types of tampon. The pearl, plastic applicator on this brand is by far the most comfortable. I have found that the pearl, plastic brand is much more comfortable than any kind of cardboard applicator. They also come in one size or variety packs where you can buy multiple sizes at one time. The prices can sometimes be high on these. However, you don't have to buy them every month. One box usually lasts me two to three months. That helps justify the price for me. They also do a great job at preventing any leaks when you are menstruating. The applicator is easy to use and easy to discard after using. I really have no complaints about this brand of tampons. It is the only brand I use at this point. I highly recommend giving these a try.

Tampax Pearl Plastic easy to use

from Vancouver WA

Comments about Tampax Pearl Plastic Tampons:

Tampax Pearl Plastic is a really easy product to use. I really prefer the plastic applicator to the cardboard ones. The applicator is bigger and much smoother and easier to insert. Also there is zero pinching which can sometimes happen with the cheaper cardboard applicator. Tampons in general can be pretty unpleasant to use but the Tampax Pearl is very comfortable and absorbent. I have never had any leakage with this product, even on a heavy day. I love that I don't have to worry about any accidents. I can easily recommend this product to anyone. It is good to use while traveling, playing sports, and swimming. There is only one downside to this tampon and that is that the applicator is not flushable like some of the cardboard ones are. Really I don't have a problem with that but for an environmentalist this may be an issue. This tampon does cost a little more than the regular ones but it is really worth it when it comes to the comfort you get. I personally don't mind paying a little extra money for something that is superior quality. I probably will never got back to my old brand.

Pearl is Where it's At

Comments about Tampax Pearl Plastic Tampons:

So -- Tampax Pearl. A bit of a love/hate relationship at this point.

Tampax Pearl was the first tampon I found that I liked. Its major selling point for me is the "pearl" aspect of it -- the plastic applicator is smooth, and slides without catching, snagging or dragging -- all unpleasant, and who needs it when you're already having to deal with your PERIOD ITSELF??

Nowadays, though, I think there are many smaller and equally pearly tampons. Tampax Pearl is definitely not small enough to fit in my pocket, and I think I normally end up with the scented version which is WAY too perfumated and just smells like artificial flowers drenched in baby powder. (I wish the perfume was just a light soapy smell? My vagina never smells like flowers, but might just smell soapy fresh after a shower..)

They do work great, though. I've never had an issue with leakage during physical activity or swimming. They have several sizes -- I think I normally default to normal, which does well most days -- if anything, I just need to change every 2-3 hours on heavier days.

Only Tampon I can Wear

from TN

Comments about Tampax Pearl Plastic Tampons:

Tampax pearl tampons are the only tampon I can wear. Other brands of tampons never fit right, and are so painful to apply. The Tampax pearl applicator is smooth, small and round which makes applying these tampons so painless and easy. These tampons are pretty absorbent and strong as well, which equals less messes and slips.

best tampons

Comments about Tampax Pearl Plastic Tampons:

I will buy no other tampon then Tampax pearl. These tampons are the best out there and I highly recommend them to everyone. They absorb so well leaving no leaks. They fit just right and they slide in easy. The strings never come off like other tampons. I refuse to use any other brand.

Best Tampon EVER

Comments about Tampax Pearl Plastic Tampons:

I am in LOVE with Tampax pearl tampons! They are the ONLY tampon I will use! The 'pearl' applicator has an amazingly smooth texture that does not hurt or irritate the vagina when you insert it. It also expands to fit the special shape of your vagina to give you the best protection possible. And, even better, at the top of the string there is a little braided section that will absorb some leakage if necessary. These tampons are so comfortable and effective that I was able to convince my tampon-terrified cousin to try them and leave those disgusting and stinky pads behind. She loves Tampax Pearls now and has never bought another pad!

Hear me out

Comments about Tampax Pearl Plastic Tampons:

I have am fairly new to using tampons so I am not very experienced in insertion and everything. I have found that it is sometimes uncomfortable for me. Another thing is that I have always felt the tampon inside of me which is not something that I enjoy. I do really like the braid but I still experience leaks when I use these tampons. I do not like the fact that if your flow is lighter than expected it is very uncomfortable to remove them. I did try using one of the "lite" ones and that worked much better for my lighter days and was significantly more comfortable in my opinion.
I would not recommend these tampons to young ladies who are just starting to use tampons for their monthly period. I would recommend the pearl light flow for them though. They are thinner and more comfortable. I am sure that these would be great if you are more accustomed to using tampons. Overall though, these are a very good product.