Other Canned Goods:
StarKist

StarKist Chunk Light Tuna in Water

Great job, Charlie! More good news about an old favorite.

Here's more good news about an old favorite that I have been enjoying but frankly taking for granted ... StarKist Chunk Light Tuna packed in water and served up in the convenient foil pouches.  I like this stuff so much that for me a 3-oz. pouch is one serving and the folks at StarKist seem to see it my way.

One 3 oz. pouch (one serving) contains only 90 calories with ten calories from fat.  The good news just keeps right on rolling in with the tide:  only one gram total fat, zero grams each saturated, trans, polyunsaturated, and monounsaturated fats, 40 mg. cholesterol, 240 mg. sodium, ONE GRAM total carbs, one gram dietary fiber, and a whopping 20 grams protein plus 2% (D.V.) iron.  It's delicious too and chunk light tuna (unlike albacore and some others) is still safe to eat on a regular basis.

What else can I say except that God knew what He was doing when He created tuna and someone at StarKist knows what they're doing when it comes to packing it up for the rest of us!

**TASTE TIP:**

This tuna is delicious by itself but for a really great, well-rounded substantial snack or light lunch, try adding a dash of lemon juice into the pouch and letting it soak in, then draining the tuna and spreading it between slices of whole grain bread.  You've been good and have chosen something low fat for your sandwich so go ahead and spread a little "light" mayo on that toast too!  Charlie the Tuna says **"*Bon Appetit***!"

THIS PRODUCT IS HORRIBLE

I usually love all seafood. But, after my experience, I am going full vegetarian rather than simply pescetarian. Upon opening the can, I realized that the product was very watery and mushy. It easily went all over the place. When trying to eat the tuna, I discovered that there were many shards of bone throughout my sandwich. With each bite, I had another piece of bone to spit out. I find it highly disgusting that this company sells tuna with bits of bone in it, when they claim to only contain white meat. Bottom line, this product is very disgusting and has scarred me for life.

THIS PRODUCT IS HORRIBLE

from Annapolis, MD

High In Protein And Great In Salads

from Pittsburgh, PA

Comments about StarKist Chunk Light Tuna in Water:

I eat about ten cans of tuna a week; it is a great source of protein and when it is on sale it can be as little as .47 cents a can if you use coupons. Unlike the tuna that is packaged in oil, this is lighter and fluffier and can be used in salads as well as to make tuna salad with mayonnaise, hard boiled eggs, diced celery and onions and whatever else you like to add to the mixture. The cans require the use of a can opener, they do not have pull top lids. If you want something that is portable you can get this in single serve packets that you can take to work or pack with a lunch.

This is a little on the chunky side so if you are going to use it to make a tuna salad you are going to want to make sure that the pieces are broken up so it is easier to mix. I prefer to drain my tuna in a strainer prior to eating it or using it in a salad so that it doesn't overpower whatever else I am eating. This is a little more expensive than store brands but I have never encountered any bones or scales in the tuna. The cans are recyclable so just rinse the inside of the can and lid and place them in your weekly aluminum or metal recycle bin.

This is a dolphin-safe product; there is an icon on the front of it as well as the wording on the side of the label. This is a nice break from eating a lot of beef and chicken to get the protein that I need and there are a lot of creative things that you can do with it. Personally I do not like the taste, appearance or smell of a tuna casserole but several of my boys love it so I use four cans of this with my regular casserole recipe and sit on the back deck of the house while it is cooking so I an avoid the smell of it.

Great snack on the go!

from Osakis, MN

Comments about StarKist Chunk Light Tuna in Water:

I pack my lunch for work every day, and am constantly looking for products that are healthy and easy to prepare. This tuna pouch is really easy to grab and go! I throw it in my lunch bag along with a piece of fruit and a granola bar and I'm set. The tuna is a little bland so you might want to season it before eating.

Great Source Of Protein

from USA, Indiana

Comments about StarKist Chunk Light Tuna in Water:

Occasionally I like to make tuna salad sandwiches for lunch. StarKist tuna is my top choice when it comes to choosing tuna in a can. StarKist tuna is a natural source of Omega 3's, it's high in protein and is low in fat.

I also like to make a tuna salad spread and enjoy it with crackers. StarKist tuna is also perfect for making homemade tuna casserole.

Summarize this product in one sentence.

Comments about StarKist Chunk Light Tuna in Water:

StarKist Chunk Light Tuna in Water has a great taste. I prefer tuna in water, rather than in oil. The proportion, however, is very small. You do not get a good value for the money spent. It is also very difficult to get all of the tuna out of the packets; a can is easier to get the tuna out of.

Great-tasting tuna

Comments about StarKist Chunk Light Tuna in Water:

StarKist Chunk Light Tuna in Water is the best. This is the only tuna that I purchase. It is very juicy and tender, and it tastes so fresh! I love the fact that it is not covered in that greasy, fattening, and unhealthy oil. I love to put StarKist Chunk Light Tuna on top of salad, to make tuna salad sandwiches, casseroles, Tuna Helper, and for a snack, I place some on top of saltine crackers.

Convenient and tasty.

Comments about StarKist Chunk Light Tuna in Water:

I used to buy Starkist chunk light tuna in water in a can so I was excited when I saw they were also offering it in a pouch. It is something I almost always have in the house. I put it in a lot of things, like pasta dishes for my kids to add some protein in there. My family and I like the taste. This is the only tuna I buy. I would recommend.

This is the only tuna I use!

Comments about StarKist Chunk Light Tuna in Water:

There is something gross about the tuna that comes in a can, so I was delighted to find it in a pouch. This tuna seems to be a lot better quality then any other tuna I have used. I use this a lot for tuna casseroles and tuna helper. You get much less in the pouches then the cans and the price is more, but it's worth it to me.

Comments about StarKist Chunk Light Tuna in Water:

StarKist Chunk Light Tuna in Water is a very delicious product. I am a bodybuilder so I am in a high protein diet, StarKist Chunk Light Tuna in Water is perfect because it is high in protein and low in fat. I would recommend this to everyone that needs protein in there diet.

StarKist Chunk Light Tuna in Water is delicious and nutritious!

from Alton, IL

Comments about StarKist Chunk Light Tuna in Water:

StarKist Chunk Light Tuna in Water is delicious, nutritious and economical! I recently found the produce on sale while grocery shopping and picked up enough cans to cover for a week's worth of lunches. I took my trusty can opener to work and enjoyed fress made tuna salad all week. I noticed a lost a few pounds and felt very goo about my accomplished. I saved enough by wvoiding the vending machines at work to more than cover the purchase price of the StarKist Chunk Light Tuna in Water. I plan to repeat this process at least once per month. Thanks, StarKist Chunk Light Tuna in Water. I am definitely a fan. I will certainly tell all my close friends about StarKist Chunk Light Tuna in Water!