Other Prenatal Vitamins:
Pre-Natal Vitamins
Spring Valley
Spring Valley Prenatal Multivitamin/Multimineral

Spring Valley Prenatal Multivitamin/Multimineral

One a day vitamin at a great price

There are two reasons why I bought Spring Valley Prenatal Vitamins is the price and you only have to take one per day.  When I got pregnant with my first daughter I bought the best of the best prenatal vitamin and they made me so nauseous. I could only take them at night and try to sleep it off, they were horrible.  When I got through the bottle I decided that a vitamin is a vitamin and the generic ones should do the exact same thing.  I think these are the cheapest prenatal vitamins on the market and you can get them at Wal-Mart.  I have two very healthy girls, three years old and three months old.  I am still taking Spring Valley Prenatal Vitamins not only because I’m breastfeeding but they make me feel good.  Another interesting thing, with my first pregnancy I was anemic so I had to take extra iron pills.  The doctor said that typically if you’re anemic with your first the odds are you will me with your second but I wasn’t!  I didn’t change anything other than the prenatal vitamin I was taking.

Spring Valley Prenatal ok, but makes me gag!

When I first found out I was pregnant, that was the first time I went out to get prenatal vitamins. I should have been taking prenatal vitamins before, but then was the time to really start taking them. I was okay downing the almost inch-sized pills until 2 months into the pregnancy. I started to gag on them. When your body reacts to something like a huge pill, you mentally and physically cannot take the pill after that. I tried cutting it and still, my tongue and esophagus would not take it. I had to resort to the Reliv Supplement for my vitamins for six to seven months. And until recently, when I was told I needed more iron in my supplements, I started taking the prenatal pill again, and have been doing so until my 40th week. My body is taking it well when I cut it and drink with plenty of water. One suggestion for this vitamin, if Spring Valley ever takes into consideration this review, is to coat the pill for easier swallowing, or make them smaller or gel capsulated? I would be more than happy to buy again if it was easier to swallow!

Affordable prenatal vitamin

Comments about Spring Valley Prenatal Multivitamin/Multimineral:

I used this Spring valley prenatal vitamin from the beginning of my first pregnancy until my daughter stopped breastfeeding. I was on regular diet, did not experience any morning sickness or fear/ crave for food during my pregnancy. With the help of the supplental vitamin, my routine blood check-ups were all at good numbers, regarding iron, blood count and other levels.
I usually take the vitamin before bed or after dinner. On empty stomach, the vitamin just makes me feel extremely sick. With a glass of water and instant swallowing, I could not feel any unpleasant taste ( if any). 120-tablet bottle lasts me 4 months. So, in comparison with other prenatal brands, this one offer me good value.
My doctor said that the brand does not really matter since any drug manufacture has to meet FDA standards to be on the market. I asked him about this brand and he supported me using it since I felt comfortable.

Over the counter vitamin easy on stomach

from Lagrange, OH

Comments about Spring Valley Prenatal Multivitamin/Multimineral:

I have used Spring Valley Prenatal vitamins throughout three different pregnancies with excellent success. They are very well tolerated in my system. I tried another over the counter prenatal earlier in the pregnancy, and it increased both nausea and stomach pain. I have not had any problems with these vitamins. They are a fraction of the cost of the expensive prescription vitamins, and they can easily be purchased at any drug store. There is no foul smell or taste to these vitamins, and they are comparable to other vitamins in the minerals, folic acid, etc. that they contain. They do not seem lacking in any ingredient. I have taken these throughout three pregnancies now and also have used them while I am nursing with excellent success. I will continue to use this wonderful option, and I highly recommend it if you are looking for an inexpensive yet effective vitamin that is easy on the stomach.

Great!

from Country Club Hills, IL

Comments about Spring Valley Prenatal Multivitamin/Multimineral:

I have 3 beautiful babies and have used these vitamins for all 3 pregnancies. I initially purchased them because of the great price. I ran out of the sales from my doctor with my first and did not want to pay the hefty price to replenish them. I found the at Wal-Mart and figured I would give them a shot. They worked great! I did not notice a difference between these and the more expensive ones from the doctor. Also, the ones from the doctor made me sick. I started taking those at night at my doctor's suggestion. I took these at night as well, but mainly out of habit. I do not know if these would have upset my stomach as well. I nurse my children, so I took these for that as well. I just had my third baby this past December and am taking these now for nursing. With the great price, I am considering taking these as my supplement after I am done. They helped me nourish 3 children, couldn't hurt to continue taking them!

I would recommend for all pregnant mommas!

Comments about Spring Valley Prenatal Multivitamin/Multimineral:

These prenatal vitamins are a great thing to have. When you get pregnant all doctors recommend taking a daily prenatal vitamin and I think the Spring Valley vitamins are a great option. Not once did I get sick after taking these vitamins, whether I had an empty stomach or not. The only thing I would recommend is to take them with a drink of something because they do not taste good at all. They don't even smell good in the container. But they did their job because I never had any vitamin deficiencies or problems with my health and both of my children were born healthy. I used these vitamins for both of my pregnancies and will use them for my next because I think they provide a pregnant woman with everything she needs to have a healthy pregnancy and healthy babies. They especially helped make me feel better when I didn't have such a great day of eating, at least I knew my babies were still getting what they needed. My second baby is just about three months old and I am still taking the vitamins because I am breastfeeding and I think they are helping me to feed my baby right. Besides the taste I have nothing bad to say about these vitamins. For the price I think they are a great and important buy.

Cheap and complete prenatal vitamin

Comments about Spring Valley Prenatal Multivitamin/Multimineral:

I started taking Spring Valley Prenatal Multivitamin with my most recent pregnancy. The best thing about this prenatal vitamin is the price. I wasn't able to find any prenatal vitamins that were less expensive. The vitamin is a little large, but the size doesn't bother me. The size is about the same as the prescription prenatal vitamin I used during my first pregnancy. I like that the bottles come in different sizes at different price points. I also like that the brand is widely available. I would prefer a gummy vitamin, but I choose these since they are so much cheaper. It is nice to only have to take one a day. It also has folic acid which my doctor recommended to prevent major birth defects. I have been able to take these even when my morning sickness has been the worst without having any increased nausea or vomiting. I have also noticed my hair and nails growing faster since I started taking this multivitamin.

This is a great prenatal vitamin to take!!

Comments about Spring Valley Prenatal Multivitamin/Multimineral:

I have been taking this prenatal vitamin for 3 years. I started when I knew my husband and I wanted to start trying for a baby. Yes, we haven't had any luck yet, but I will take these vitamins regardless if I get pregnant. Other vitamins always made me sick, which I have enough stomach issues as it is, I don't need anything helping that out. I take it once a day, which is nice because a lot of other vitamins make you take more a day. One a day is easy to remember. The price is also great and I can get it at walmart when I'm grocery shopping. I suggest trying this brand before any other brand.

Spring Valley is a good prenatal vitamin

from Roanoke, VA

Comments about Spring Valley Prenatal Multivitamin/Multimineral:

I took these vitamins when I was pregnant with my second child and thought that they were fine. I didn't really notice any side effects or even really any benefits of taking them, but I am sure that there were some. The hardest thing for me about vitamins is actually remembering to take them. Even with with the bottle sitting out on the counter, I sometimes just didn't have a lot of initiative to take them. So I think that maybe another form of prenatal vitamin would have been better for me. They don't taste bad, but they don't taste good either! They are not too big and went down easily when I swallowed them. I think they were about average cost-wise. I have purchased several other vitamins from Spring Valley and have always been happy with them. I think the quality is good and the prices are on the low end or in the middle of the spectrum when it comes to other vitamins. I would recommend giving these a try.

Awful Taste

from Columbus, OH

Comments about Spring Valley Prenatal Multivitamin/Multimineral:

I have been pregnant five times and it seems like prenatal vitamins are getting worse instead of getting better. This particular Spring Valley Prenatal Multivitamin variety is awful. They would make me extremely nauseated and the after taste was horrible. I tried taking them with food or milk, and I also tried taking them at night. Nothing worked to relieve the symptoms of nausea and upset stomach. They also caused me to be constipated and I had to start taking a stool softener during my pregnancy. I think brands should be able to come up with a brilliant idea that makes taking prenatal vitamins a pleasure and not unpleasant. I eventually switched to gummy prenatal vitamins because although I don't like this brand of prenatal vitamins, I seem to experience the same side effects with all prenatal vitamins in the form of a pill. If you don't like swallowing pills or you are having a tough pregnancy, these aren't for you.

great for the low price.

Comments about Spring Valley Prenatal Multivitamin/Multimineral:

I am extremely under weight being under 90lbs and standing at 5'7, flat footed. After having my son I realized... I have a very crazy lady week, I have a very touchy stomach when it comes to pills, I also have a very hard time taking pills. Added with exercises I decided to start retaking my prenatal as a multi-vitamin as it contains higher amounts of iron and folic acid which I lack. These pills are rather large for someone like me who doesn't necessarily enjoy spending 2-4 minutes getting a pill down, that's only going to turn long ways and hurt me still. :( However, they do have great amounts of all the vitamins found in most all the "name brands."
I have noticed that I have more energy in the mornings when i take them with food. If I do not take them with food I tend to have tummy trouble:/.
My skin did START out with some minor breakouts (days 1-4) around day 6 I noticed the breakout was fully gone and my appetites were regulating again.
I highly recommend these pills if you are looking for an easy on the tummy multi-vitamin and you don't want to spend tons of money on big name brands. They are wonderful, all through my first pregnancy even my doctor agreed to my staying on spring valley.
-pleas keep in mind I am exercising maintaining a very fatty diet, lots of dairy, and I do in-fact take other supplements as well. ALSO spring valley...ALSO to be reviewed.

great vitamin

from Lake Villa, IL

Comments about Spring Valley Prenatal Multivitamin/Multimineral:

When I was trying to get pregnant with my first child, I went in search of a prenatal vitamin. I was nervous about it because I had heard all the horror stories about how prenatal vitamins make women sick. I decided to give Spring Valley Prenatal Multivitamin/Multimineral vitamins a try. I had success from the start. They were a tolerable pill to swallow (not one of those horse pills that some tend to be) and it did not make me sick. When I finally did get pregnant and went to see my obstetrician I told her what prenatal vitamin I was taking and she was completely fine with it. She said that it had everything that I would need to have. So I carried my first child whilr using these as a supplement. When I got pregnant with myt second child I got samples for a prescription vitamin and I just felt horribly ill. Not to mention that the prescription one was so much more expensive. So I turned back to the one that served me well with my first child.