Other Breast Feeding Bras & Pads:
Soothies
Soothies Gel Pads

Soothies Gel Pads

Soothing Relief

I couldn't be happier with this product. Aside from using cold cabbage for engorgement, that remedy did very little for sores that developed from the challenges I faced breastfeeding. With my second daughter I literally had tears in my eyes for weeks due to aggressive feeding and improper latching. When my daughter sprouted teeth and bit through my skin, this product was the only thing that gave me comfort! She's a year old and I STILL love this product. It got a lot of use in the early weeks after her birth, and are still wonderful after a year and experiencing the occasional nipple "trauma". I highly recommend this!

Soothies didn't work for me

I bought Soothies in the first few (very painful) days of breastfeeding.  I put them in the fridge before using.  I did find that they provided some instant relief, but peeling them off of a very sore chest wasn't much relief!  Also, the directions say that you should rinse your breasts before nursing...I didn't think this was very practical- especially if you wear the Soothies during the night (getting up, taking the Soothies off, then rinsing while the baby is waiting to be fed.)  I also assumed before buying that they could be used for an unlimited amount of time and was disappointed to find that they don't last very long.  Also, I wasn't sure how to store them when I wasn't using them to keep them from getting dust/dirt/hair on them and they can not be rinsed/washed.  Overall, I just found that regular nursing pads with cream for relief worked best for me (and cost less than the Soothies.)

Ahhh...

from Leavenworth, KS

Comments about Soothies Gel Pads:

I got these as a gift from another breastfeeding mom.  I know they say that your nipples shouldn't be sore if the baby's latch is correct, but my skin got very raw.  These Soothies Gel Pads were simply a lifesaver for me.  I didn't keep them in the fridge at all and they still felt cool when I put them on.  I wore each pair for 3 days straight.  I wasn't leaking much at that point, so I was able to wear them for that long.  I would recommend them to anyone!  Wonderful product!

works immediatly

from Westland, MI

Comments about Soothies Gel Pads:

I hadn't heard of this product at all until I had my second child and they offered them to me in the hospital. I was pleasantly surprised at how quickly they relieved the pain I was experiencing and the cooling sensation wasn't overwhelming like an ice pack can be. I really loved that they stayed in place even as I did things around the house with my older child. They are easy to clean and reuse also which saves alittle on how often you need to purchase them. I would rinse mine under warm water and put it in the fridge to cool, I did that about 6 times before opening another pack. They were very comfortable to use also, I really didn't feel like I was wearing them at all and you couldn't see them under my clothes, I wish I could say that about most of the breast pads that I have used over the years. I recommend this product to new and experienced nursing mothers.

Soothing Relief

from YorkYork, PA

Comments about Soothies Gel Pads:

Great relief for sore nipples

from Raleigh, NC

Comments about Soothies Gel Pads:

I had already tried and really liked Ameda ComfortGel pads, but I decided to try Lansinoh Soothies since they cost a little less per pair and I wanted to just acquaint myself with another option. The Soothies worked great and provided soft, cooling relief after breastfeeding. I liked their size - a little bigger diameter than the Ameda ComfortGels - and I liked the fabric backing on one side, which just seemed to make them a little sturdier (that's not quite the word I'm looking for, but I think you can get the idea). They can go in the refrigerator for added relief, which helps a lot.

On the downside, they are only supposed to be used/reused for up to 72 hours, compared to six days for the ComfortGels. As others have mentioned, you are not supposed to rinse the Soothies with water, which stinks because it just seems a little less clean when reusing. I don't really think the price difference compared with the ComfortGels corresponds with the differences in product features, so I will probably stick with the ComfortGels; however, if I didn't have that option, I would be satisfied with these Soothies in terms of the relief they provide.

Great for the first week of nursing!

from Northampton, PA

Comments about Soothies Gel Pads:

These are great for those first few days of nursing. When my nipples were so sore that I could barely stand to nurse at all, I just put a Soothie on them and it was like instant relief. I was about to give up nursing because of the pain, but thankfully the Soothies helped so much! I even used them before I started nursing to kind of numb the area beforehand. They're much better than the ice packs that you can buy in the store. Those are too icy and cold for such a sensitive area. I also got thrush a few months later, and used Soothies when the pain was really bad. You can't leave them on for a long time when you have thrush, but at least it gives some temporary relief from the pain. They stay cool for about 15-20 minutes, and you can wear them under your bra if you have to. The only problem with them is they're hard to store when you're not using them. They're REALLY sticky! Other than that, they're great!

Soothies didn't work for me

from Summerville, SC

Comments about Soothies Gel Pads:

The only thing that got me through during the first few days!

from Carol Stream, IL

Comments about Soothies Gel Pads:

I couldn't have done it without the Soothies Gel Pads.  Nursing is difficult enough, making sure that the baby is latching correctly, getting the positioning, recovering from delivery...  Sore nipples just make it a million times worse!  They actually gave me some of these in the hospital and they were the most refreshing and comfortable item that I felt like I had ever experienced!  I know they are a little expensive, but in that moment, I would have paid any amount of money to have had those!  At home, I would put them in the refridgerator to have nice and cool once I was finished nursing.  These are the kind of items that should be given at baby showers to the poor unsuspecting new mom, along with the Lanolin and nursing pads!  The only bad thing about them is that they don't last forever, although I was able to extend the use of mine for a while by washing them in cold water inbetween every use.

Relief where & when you need it most when nursing

from Onalaska, WI

Comments about Soothies Gel Pads:

As a new nursing mother there was lots of adjustments to be made and lots I needed to learn. After a day and a half of nursing in the hospital I had sore and cracked nipples. My nurse at the hospital gave me a package of these to use. I was skeptical at first, thinking they wouldn't do much, but I figured they were worth a try. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised with them. They provided instant relief. They were easy to wear and replace after nursing my little one. They stay in place and they didn't move around while wearing them.

While these are a little pricey, it is a product that you use short term. Once you are feeling better you can use the cheap disposable nursing pads. Once they were ready to get thrown away, I was feeling better and I didn't need to use them anymore. I have purchased these to give away with some baby shower gifts for friends and several other mothers at the shower talked about how much they loved these too.

Nice when you're sore!

from Onalaska, WI

Comments about Soothies Gel Pads:

Ahhh, these are like a breath of fresh air and comfort. That is how you feel if you use these nursing pads with sore nipples. With both my kids, I got cracked and very, very sore nipples in the first few days I was breastfeeding. This went away after about ten days, but until then I was in shear and excruciating pain every time I fed my daughters and in between feedings. Ouch! I wanted to cry. With my first I just sucked it up because I didn't know what else I could do besides apply lanolin lotion and wait. Then with my second daughter, I was more vocal and proactive to seek comfort during this time. The nurses suggested I try these nursing pads. They gave them to me chilled. I put them right in my bra and instantly they started to soothe my sore nipples. They didn't heal them. It still hurt every time I nursed or didn't have them on, but they provided comfort. You can either chill them or heat them-whatever you need.

Great comfort for those first few days of breastfeeding

from Gate City, VA

Comments about Soothies Gel Pads:

The Soothies Gel Pads are a great investment for a newly nursing mom. They are great to comfort your nipples in their time of need. Breastfeeding is such a special time between mother and child, but in those first few days of learning, these times can be very painful for the mother. I experienced a bunch of pain due to latch problems, and let down problems, and these Soothies Gel Pads were of great soothing comfort to me when used in conjunction with a breastfeeding paste. The relief I felt was much needed, and allowed me to continue breastfeeding those first few days. Unfortunately we only made it 10 days before we realized my daughter had a milk intolerance which caused our breastfeeding to cease. However, I plan on breastfeeding our next daughter, and bought up 5 packs of these Soothies Gel Pads to use during those first painful days of breastfeeding. I plan on bringing a pack or 2 to the hospital with me when to use when my daughter is first born as well!