Other Sewing Machines:

Cons

Pain in the butt

from Lenexa, Kansas

About Me Experienced, Professional

Pros

• Easy To Use

Cons

• Buttonholes
  • Light replacement
  • Limited Function

• Home

Comments about Singer Touch & Sew Electronic Sewing Machine:

I have had my Singer Touch & Sew 7466 for nearly a decade. It has worked in general, but contines to be a pain in the butt. The buttonhole function is the bane of my existence, there is not an option for manuel use, and it gets confused or stuck in middle of the process, which cannot be restarted. I am currently trying to replace the "long lasting" light bulb that went out after about a year, and it doesn't come out! I revisit the issue every few years, and I finally decided to take out all the screws so I can take it to my repair shop and order a new light. It is soldered in, no replacement! I have to say, I cannot wait to get my Bernina up and running again.

• Was this a gift?:

The best all aound sewing machine for all your sewing needs,

Comments about Singer Touch & Sew Electronic Sewing Machine:

About 5 years ago I bought a Singer Touch and Go 7466 sewing machine to replace a much older Singer sewing machine I had bought used in 1982. When I began quilting 5 years ago, I realized I needed a newer sewing machine and after researching Singer sewing machines I decided the Singer Touch and Sew 744 machine was the best choice. This sewing machine offers many features that make sewing a delight and a sheer joy. There is an automatic bobbin winder that makes that task a breeze to do. With 70 different stitch patterns you can always find a pattern for what ever craft or clothing project you are doing. Not only does this great machine have 13 needle positions, but also has a electronic twin needle control. This sewing machine features a free arm that allows for expanded work areas and a good LED light that provides very ample lighting while sewing. If you need to make buttonholes in your project, there are 3 automatic buttonholes to chose from. The Singer Touch and Sew 7466 sewing machine is a very versatile machine that is great for the beginner or the more experienced sewer. I expect to get many years of great sewing with this Singer Touch and Sew sewing machine.

• Versatility:

Worked for a beginner sewer

Comments about Singer Touch & Sew Electronic Sewing Machine:

I have just recently gotten into sewing. This is my first and hopefully only sewing machine. I have had it for 6 months now and have not had any problems. I do not do anything very hard with this machine as I am a beginner, but I think that for the stitching I do it gives you nice clean and even lines. I am somewhat on a budget and this machine also fit my price range. The durability seems great. I think it is pretty easy to use as long as you read the directions and follow them carefully. A good buy.

Great beginner sewing machine

from Los Angeles, CA

Comments about Singer Touch & Sew Electronic Sewing Machine:

This is a fantastic sewing machine. I bought it as my first (and only) sewing machine and love it. I don't do anything very difficult though so can't comment on anything more than the basic stitches. However it has served me well for the projects I've used it for. If you are in the market for a sewing machine for someone who is just starting out on her sewing life thesis the one for you.

• Versatility:

The Singer Touch and Sew #7466 is a GREAT machine!

from Maben, MS

Comments about Singer Touch & Sew Electronic Sewing Machine:

Okay here's the deal.....I wanted a computerized sewing machine that had great features like the expensive sewing machines without the big price tag. I looked around and compared makes and models before choosing this one. For one thing it is a Singer. My mother owned a singer (it still runs) her mother owned a singer, some of my friends.......get the picture? So I know that this is a quality manufacter. It has a 25 year limited warranty which also made me feel better. Money's tight so I wanted the best value and product I could get and this is definitly it. The price was very resonable. There is another Touch and Sew sewing machine but this one has the same features and costs less.The outside is plainer...but who cares? After all it is the quality, inside frame and functions that count the most and this baby has them. It is just as good a machine for the sewing starter as a more advanced one like me. I would have loved to have learned on this machine because it is user friendly. Auto tension for those who are learning and adjustable for advanced sewers. It comes with a manual that is easy to read and understand with all the information you need on how to set up and use it. It has alot of built in stiches that are sure to catch the eye and give even beginners great detail to thier project. It just has too many features to lists. If you want a really good machine at a great price try this one. I really think you'll be impressed...I sure was!