Other Sewing Machines:

Singer Futura Electronic Embroidery & Sewing Machine

Pros

Cons

• Versatility:

Singer CE-250 Gets the job done!!

I needed a sewing machine but had a limited budget to work with and was very surprised on how expensive sewing machines actually were!

The inital process of picking out the...Read complete review

The inital process of picking out the "perfect machine" got me discouraged. A lot of machines need that software and it is expensive to. This machine can pick up on any type of design, even one made by your own computer. I had used a machine similar to this in school and picking back up where I left off was a breeze. This machine is easy to use and quick to learn. A couple items stick here and there, but it is nothing that inconvienances me too bad. I always wanted a machine like this and was afraid that I would not be able to afford one, because the better ones cost extreme amounts. Now, I have one and use it more often than I even thought I would! Great investment!

biggest piece of crap i have ever purchased

I was so excited to open up my Christmas gift and find out it was the sewing machine I had been looking at for more than a year.  It was the Singer CE-250 computerized machine.  I got it out of the box and started to set it up.  It did not come with a manuel.  You can look at the manuel online but you can't have one in your hands.  Finally finished the setup and then selected my first project to do.  I had given my husband a very expensive wool pee coat for christmas so I wanted to embroider on the lapel.  After three days and about 18 hours of messing with this I still was not done to my satisfaction.  I had ripped it out over 8 times.  This was three letters what was going to happen if I tried to embroider something larger.  I had to finally custom order a patch to cover up were I had screwed up the fabric.

Next adventure, I changed the machine over from embroidery to straight stitch sewing.  This did not go very well either.  The foot will not line up with the feed dogs so if I want to sew I must try to pull the fabric from behind to get it to move.

I have been sewing on industrial machines for over thirty years and I will never purchase another singer product again as long as I live.

The big guns

from Rome,GA

Comments about Singer Futura Electronic Embroidery & Sewing Machine:

I purchased this machine to do embroidery on out families clothing and towels. This machine had a couple of weeks learning curve to really get the hang of operating it smoothly and without snags and breaks. Once you have the machine mastered it is a fairly easy to use and get great performance. It's comes with many preset patterns and there are more available online from many users in many places. My only complaint with this machine is it does not come with the software to make your own patterns. I was able to purchase a nice program for this but it was quite expensive. The machine would be perfect for most home use and embroidery as well, it has many stitching patterns to choose from both for strength and visual enhancement. The machine does require you use a high quality polished thread for the best results, I have used other threads with some success, but the polished works much better for this machine. The machine tends to run a little slow if you have a large pattern to run. Color changes are done at various interval called for by the machine while in operation, this can be somewhat irritating at times but it gives you a great outcome so it is worth the effort.

MY SINGER CE250 is a True Lifesaver

from Smiths Station, AL

Comments about Singer Futura Electronic Embroidery & Sewing Machine:

This is a sewing machine with something for all sewers......beginners to experts. You can use it for everyday tasks and after a short learning curve you will want to experiment with the embroidery work. I am an experienced seamstress and have created some adorable custom garments for little girls. I like to create unusual garments and my CE-250 helps me do it. I also quickly do everyday repairs with it. My only con for it is that it is bulky and takes up a lot of space. I have used this machine machine many times now and taught my granddaughter who is 12 years old to use it. She had no trouble learning to use the sewing machine or the embroidery attachment and has made some adorable handbags to sell. I would definitely give it a 5 rating.

Stitch Performance
Beautiful stitches and wide array of choices.

It may take a novice a little time but ultimately the short learning curve is worth the exceptional results.

Fabric Handling
You have plenty of fabric room so it doesn't roll up and be hard to manage.

It has a trendy and modern look. I don't even want a hard cover on mine. I made a clear vinyl one with the machine to use as a dust cover.

I have had mine over a year now and I have not experienced any problems.

I adore it.

Comments about Singer Futura Electronic Embroidery & Sewing Machine:

Really, it's the machine I was taught to sew on, all grown up. Plus, I found the directions really easy to follow, which was so important to me because I'd never set up my own machine before! The only thing I had trouble with was getting the tension right, but I think that was because I was using cheap thread, so it's all good now!

I had a needle snap already, due to the tension problem I was having.

• Versatility:

There are days I like this machine.

from Trenton, SC

Comments about Singer Futura Electronic Embroidery & Sewing Machine:

Not for the beginner sewer- Break a needle and chances are it will jump time. Be careful sewing, it can be a great machine.

Stitch Performance
Stitches are even and easy to change design.

Better have computer knowledge to be able to download design to machine.

Fabric Handling
Great on cotton and some vinyl but heavy denim struggles.

Versatility
Easy to change from sewing to embroidery just time consuming.

• Versatility:

Love, love, love my CE250!

from Burnsville, MN

Comments about Singer Futura Electronic Embroidery & Sewing Machine:

I love sewing with CE250! It is very reliable for conventional sewing but I'm having a great time learning to embroider with it. Like any machine, it has a personality that you have to learn. Once you do, you can sew for hours. I have learned many tips and tricks from the yahoo users group.

Singer CE-250 Gets the job done!!

from Fort Wayne, IN

Comments about Singer Futura Electronic Embroidery & Sewing Machine:

mother in law loves her Singer sewing machine

from Youngstown, OH

Comments about Singer Futura Electronic Embroidery & Sewing Machine:

i hate to sew so i am glad that my mother in law loves it! she loves it so much that she spent a fortune on her sewing machine.. she bout the singer machine. i think it was way to much money for a sewing machine but i think its because i dont really appreaciate the fact of sewing. when something of mine needs ficxed i give it to her and within minutes she has it all fixed. her machine does work really well and really fast. she seems to love it and she is always looking to make something on it. it realy gives her something to do in her spare time and she didnt care that it cost an arm and a leg to buy. besides the price factor i wpould say it is pretty neat if you know how to sew. it is not for a beginner and could be very compolicated if you dont know what you are doing.

SINGER CE250 GREAT BUT HAS 2 GLITCHES

from Palm Coast, FL

Comments about Singer Futura Electronic Embroidery & Sewing Machine:

I bought my CE250 last October and have done lots of sewing but not much embroidery. What I noticed is that the stitch width and needle position buttons are badly placed, where you can bump them out of position with the side of your right hand. They do not lock into position, but slide very easily.

Singer CE-250 Computerized Sewing Machine if GREAT!

from La Rue, OH

Comments about Singer Futura Electronic Embroidery & Sewing Machine:

I received this Singer CE.250 Computerized Sewing Machine as a gift and I absolutely LOVE it!.  It took a little while to get used to it and learn to use it properly, but once you do, it is so easy to use.  I particulary like the embroidery feature.  Embroidery by hand can be so time consuming.  With this machine you can just whip right through it.  I have now embroidered beutiful flowers and animals on all of my plain white dish towels and recieve several compliments on them when I have company.  People find it hard to believe that I did it myself on my sewing machine.  I have also done some embroidery on my daughters' clothes and have used the machine to make gifts for various family members.  My husband loves the sew on patches and has a vest that he has covered with them.  Now I can make some patches for him on my new machine.  He likes the fact that he can design them himself and I can embroider them the way he wants them.  No more searching through patches in the store and not finding exactly what he wants.  If you enjoy sewing and embroidering, I highly recommend that you take the time and put in the effort to learn to use one of these machines.  It's a great one!

Love It- Singer computerized

from Wesley Chapel, FL

Comments about Singer Futura Electronic Embroidery & Sewing Machine:

I have had Singer sewing machines for a very long time, longer than I want to admit.  And since I purchased the computerized version I have been loving using it. I have used it so many times that I can't come up with a number.  It is so easy to use that I don't even mind when my daughter sends me her many repair jobs (I have three very active grandsons).