Other Sewing Machines:

Singer Fashion Mate Electronic Sewing Machine

Pros

Cons

The Singer Fashion Mate 7256 Great machine for Beginner or Pro

I received this great little machine for Mothers day from my daughter. She is the mother of a 9 month old little boy (my first grandchild) and this machine is a blessing for all the little things growing boys need. I am an experienced sewer. My mother taught me when I was young, but it has been a while since I spent alot of time at it. It did take me awhile to adjust to the computerized stitches, as I was used to my old machine that you needed to crank knobs and adjust tensions for every special stitch and fabric. But once you dive in and give it a go it is quite easy. This model has a needle threader that really comes in handy for me. It has an LED light which seems a little dim for me so I use additional lighting due to my poor eyesight.I have used it on quilting projects and toy making mostly. The free arm and free motion features are great for these projects. Basic sewing such as curtains, pillows and such are a breeze!!I do not know the price that was paid, as I did receive this as a gift, but I know it must have been reasonable or my daughter would not have been able to afford it. All in all I love it!!

Not as good as they once were.

I have been sewing for almost 40 years. At first when I got this machine, I loved it. I loved how smooth it was, the quietness of it and the number of stitches...Read complete review

I have been sewing for almost 40 years. At first when I got this machine, I loved it. I loved how smooth it was, the quietness of it and the number of stitches it had.

HOWEVER! After 3 years of owning the machine, it keeps growing in issues. My biggest is the fact it jams up. Freezes. I am use to a machine that I can keep clean myself like the old ones. this one....you cant do that. Whether that has something to do with it Im not sure as I cant get into the machine. The hand wheel becomes EXTREMLY tight and wont move there fore the machine wont sew! Have not found any one else having this issue.
Maybe like cars, I just got a lemon.

I would not and will not recommend this machine to anyone. Very sad because I have always been a singer person. Learned to sew and grew up sewing on singers. So for me, this is very very disappointing. I have contacted Singer and the BBB about this issue as of today. If I can not resolve the issue with out a repairman, I will buy another brand machine as this should NOT be happening to a machine this young.

Stitch Performance
Makes beautiful stitches when its working.

As easy as any other machine. Its not rocket science!

Fabric Handling
For most fabrics its okay. You get into jean fabric or fleece or any thing with a little thickness, not so much. it is hard to sew the thicker fabrics and there is no adjustment for it either as the old machines had.

Versatility
As I said in comment before. thin fabrics your fine. Thicker dont bother. more headache than its worth.

Average nothing special, its just a machine.

This thing is so light weight it moves when your sewing.
You cannot adjust the presser foot to accomidate fabrics.
The presser foot/feeder sometimes doesn't feed fabric like it should.
Im not impressed.

Not as good as they once were.

Comments about Singer Fashion Mate Electronic Sewing Machine:

Maybe like cars, I just got a lemon.

Stitch Performance
Makes beautiful stitches when its working.

As easy as any other machine. Its not rocket science!

Versatility

Average nothing special, its just a machine.

This thing is so light weight it moves when your sewing.
You cannot adjust the presser foot to accomidate fabrics.
The presser foot/feeder sometimes doesn't feed fabric like it should.
Im not impressed.

• Versatility:

Super machine with great options and features.

from Brookings, SD

Comments about Singer Fashion Mate Electronic Sewing Machine:

I love my singer! I've owned this one for a few months now and have made many beautiful things with it. It is very easy to thread, with a feature that assists you. The stitching options are amazing. I've used many different stitches to make my family members table runners for Christmas gifts. I am so excited with how they've all turned out! I also love the button hole maker attatchment and setting. This is a great way to make fun shirts and other decorative items. This is my second sewing machiene. I used to own a very basic model, I didn't like the first one. This one BY FAR better.

Stitch Performance
Great amount of stitching options! Choose from over 65 different stitches, all sorts of different length stitches. The decorative stitches are very easy and fun to do.

Easy to thread! Easy to choose different options and easy to set up. I didn't have any problems.

Fabric Handling
Many different fabrics can be done with this singer. There are even helper tools to do the very picky fabrics!

It's the right size, easy to reach all of the buttons as you sew and there are great features that help to make everything easier!

• Versatility:

Summarize this product in one sentence.

Comments about Singer Fashion Mate Electronic Sewing Machine:

I am not an expert sewer by any means this was a wedding gift and my main use will be for mending clothes or some simple projects. I have had a little problem with denim and other thicker materials it seems as it gets jammed and runs into issues. However it has worked well for all jobs so far.

Many stitch options

from Lubbock, TX

Comments about Singer Fashion Mate Electronic Sewing Machine:

Before my husband got me this Singer Sewing Machine, I had used a Brother-- non computerized one. I had a lot of trouble with that one with the tension. I don't have problems with the tension on this Singer machine. I like the many options for stitches, but I primarily stick to the straight and zig zag stitch. But when I've made dresses, I have used the interlocking stitch, which is similar to the serger, so I really like that. I don't like that it locks up a little bit when I try to back-stitch, and it is time consuming when threading the thread in step 3. But other than those couple of things, I really like the machine.

• Versatility:

I love my Singer Fashion Mate!

from Dyess Afb, TX

Comments about Singer Fashion Mate Electronic Sewing Machine:

Third time is the charm. This is the third Singer sewing machine I have purchased in my life. I love it! It is super easy to use. There is a plenty of storage inside the machine for bobbins, and other small accessories. There are so many different varieties of stitching available, the creativeness boundraries are endless. I originally wanted a sewing machine for light work, such as hemming pants, fixing rips and tears. But since I have had my Singer Fashionmate Sewing Machine, I have found the inspiration to make clothes for the kids, and I am even beginning to learn how to quilt!!! It is so easy to thread, and the machine is numbered so you know which steps to take to properly thread the machine. I would highly recommend this sewing machine.

Great sewing machine, but a little hard for beginners!

from Austin, TX

Comments about Singer Fashion Mate Electronic Sewing Machine:

I am just beginning out with sewing so I bought this machine since it had all the bells and whistles on it like an automatic needle threader. It even comes with an instructional DVD so I thought it wouldn't be o difficult. Well, the instructional DVD is generic - not model specific - and keeps referring you back to the instruction manual, which wouldn't be so bad if the instructional manual was easy to use. Perhaps it all makes sense to someone who has sewn before, but for someone who is just beginning, I didn't even know where the bobbin holder was and the drawings in the instruction booklet were of no help. I had to bring in my mother in law to give me a hands-on tutorial. I find this sewing machine a bit overwhelming for a beginner, but it was certainly a good deal for all the gadgets and tools that come with it. Hopefully when I get more advanced (if I ever get there), this sewing machine will become like second nature, but I couldn't even work the automatic needle threadr (which I thought would be a cinch)...my mother in law couldn't even figure that part out. So, in conclusion - this is a great sewing machine, just not for a beginner like me!

This fashion mate is a keeper!!!

from Indianapolis, IN

Comments about Singer Fashion Mate Electronic Sewing Machine:

This fashion mate is a keeper!!! I just love this machine. I make most of my nieces clothing. If I did not have such a wonderful machine, then I would not be able to sew as much as I do. I have quite a few projects, going. I am so glad that this machine is so easy to use, because my grandson is here alot, and I have to make time for him!!! I love the machine for small projects and large ones too. I just know how we mothers need to save our time as much as possible. Our time is very valuable. Please do buy one of the machines, because you will not be disappointed at all!!! The price is great, and it was easy to setup the first time. Really great for anyone at all. and even a beginner too. I gave this SINGER MACHINE five stars, because it is is really an awesome machine. Easy to use, and it is sturdy. it is really at a perfect price. It was such a great price, that I was able to buy some socks too!!!

Singer Fashion Mate is Amazing!

from Palmdale, CA

Comments about Singer Fashion Mate Electronic Sewing Machine:

I got this machine about a year and a half ago and I just love it. I am not a professional by any means, but this machine makes sewing a breeze. My mother is an experienced seamstress with many years of experience and even she likes this machine. From start to finish this machine is super easy to use. It gives visual instructions on how to load the thread into the needle and how to place the bobbin. It also runs seamlessly. If there is ever an error, which is rare, it peeps at you and lets you correct yourself. The instruction manual is extremely easy to understand and walks you through step by step on how to do everything. It has a ton of stitches and several button hole variations that you can choose from. It sews from the most delicate of fabric to very thick denim and linen with ease. I have used this machine for many, many projects and it has stood up to the test of time. I feel like I will have this machine for a long time!

Great machine for beginners!

from Cache, OK

Comments about Singer Fashion Mate Electronic Sewing Machine:

I bought this a few years ago with the best of intentions, learning how to sew. I had never learned growing up, and being a very frugal person, I wanted nice things, but only if I could get them very inexpensively.  What's cheaper than making it yourself?

I read the instruction book from cover to cover and found it easy to understand, and geared towards the novice seamstress. The machine itself is easy to operate and maintain. It is simple to thread and has a printed guideline for you to follow.  The bobbin in the bottom of the machine is a bit tricky to me, and I think better illustrations on how to put that part together are needed. I have since sewn many things for my family and our household and the machine operates as well as the day we bought it. It may not have all the features of other more costly machines, but for the average family it works quite well. It has a nice array of stitches and features. The parts are easy to remove and clean as needed.

The Singer Fashion Mate 7256 Great machine for Beginner or Pro