3.1

3.1

Pros

Cons

Singer Pixie, small and cute little machine

Please take this review with the reviewer in mind. I am NOT an experienced seamstress. I have very little experience with sewing.

My daughter received this machine as a birthday...Read complete review

My daughter received this machine as a birthday present. I was really excited for her as she has been wanting to learn to sew for a long time. I realized later that this machine is labeled as a craft machine and I really wasn't sure what that meant. I believe it to mean that it isn't meant for large jobs but for embellishing crafts, scrapbooking, etc.

My daughter is in love with this machine. It wasn't the easiest for her to learn how to use, but I doubt any machine is really easy to a novice. There are many stitch settings on the machine for various projects, but we have only used the normal straight stitch so far. The machine cannot handle very thick fabric, so it is best to work with lightweight things.

Not the best mini sewing machine.

Over the holidays, my best friend bought a singer pixie sewing machine. It's a compact like sewing machine, and of course, being a purple lover, she bought it in purple. She initially bought it to sew her halloween costume together, as she was volunteering at a zoo activity. She had a hard time figuring the bobbin out at first, then when she started to sew, it wouldn't actually stitch. The instructions were horrible, to me at least, and apparently to her as well, since she couldn't figure them out. I even tried going online to singers website, but all it had was the online download for the instruction manual. I spent a few hours trying to figure the machine out, but after a while, I got so frustrated I just sewed by hand. I think singer should try harder on their instructions, or make the machines easier to use. I definately wouldn't recommend this to anyone who hasn't sewn before, as it would be conterproductive.

Very finicky to operate

from Westchester, IL

Comments about Singer Electronic Sewing Machine:

I grew tired of hemming my sweatpants by hand so I decided to purchase the Singer Electronic Sewing Machine Pixie-Plus. I didn't know too much about sewing machines at the time, but I knew enough to understand that the manual was useless. It didn't explain clearly how to install the bobbin and it took me about 45 minutes just playing around with it to get it in correctly. Once I had the bobbin in place and the needle threaded the pedal wouldn't work. After trying to get the pedal to work for several minutes it mysteriously started to work after making no changes. I was able to hem one pant leg and it came out great. When I started on the second leg the machine started to jam and the thread would bunch up. I couldn't figure out what was going wrong so I removed everything and put it back together. Once reassembled everything started to work again and I was able to hem my second pant leg. The next time I wanted to hem a pair of pants the sewing machine wouldn't turn on. I tried different outlets and it still didn't power on. I decided to return the Singer Electronic Sewing Machine Pixie-Plus because it was too much trouble to operate.

Okay little beginner machine

Comments about Singer Electronic Sewing Machine:

This machine has very few features. It is quite small, which is a good thing because that is what it was designed for. However, this limits it's usefulness as far as quilting or other large or bulky projects are concerned. It feels cheap (which it is) with very un-refined mechanisms. It just doesn't operate smoothly.

Stitch Performance
The stitches aren't always even, though it does work well enough for a beginner.

This machine is quite easy to use. In fact, the primary user was my 9-year-old daughter. She was able to practically teach herself how to use it.

Fabric Handling
It seemed to work quite well, though sometimes it would gather up seams, especially upon first beginning to sew. This could quite possibly have been a tension issue.

Versatility
The machine is very basic with few features. For this reason, it is not recommended for sewers who are doing large or complex projects. It is extremely light and easy to transport, however.

It's quite cute and compact. I did not like that you had to turn the light on by hand, though. Every other sewing machine I've ever had illuminates the work area whenever the machine is on. Because of this, I had a hard time telling if it was on or not.

Most of the projects seemed cheap and probably won't last long. They are made of plastic, particularly the bobbin winding mechanism. I was pretty afraid to use it, because it just looked like it would break. The other problem is the plug. It broke/bent VERY quickly and wouldn't stay plugged in so that the machine kept turning off in the middle of seams. My husband was able to fix it, but it never worked quite right.

• Versatility:

Good little machine for small projects

from Crocker, MO

Comments about Singer Electronic Sewing Machine:

I am not a "seamstress" of any type! I just needed a machine for little small projects. I make little headbands for my daughter, and I've made several Halloween costumes that required a little bit of sewing. For these small craft projects, this machine has worked great. I got it at a very low price, so I had nothing to lose really. It is a good speed, sews smoothly and works great in my small space. It is easy to set up and use right out of the box for small projects I would definitely recommend it.

Singer Pixie, small and cute little machine

from Bethel, MO

Comments about Singer Electronic Sewing Machine:

Cute little thing, just perfect for me!

from Prosser, WA

Comments about Singer Electronic Sewing Machine:

I got this little machinc- actually the Pixie Plus - primarity to alter clothing since I have lost a lot of weight and want to keep as many of my old clothes as possible.  It was very inexpensive, cute purple trim color, lightweight, and easy to use though I have had previous experience with older Singer machines.  The only thing I guess I don't like much is the adapter for the foot pedal, I would have preferred to just plug it in and go, but I missed this description in the fine print on the box listing the description of the item inside.  But otherwise it is fine.

Not the best mini sewing machine.

from Salisbury, MD

do not get this ever

from Camarillo, CA

Comments about Singer Electronic Sewing Machine:

dont get this it has caused me nothing but trouble ever since i had it. after two weeks it fell apart dont ever get the pixie plus it i a pice of junk

Stitch Performance
the bobbin was not working and it was really hard to work with kids could never learn how to use this

a child could never learn how to use it im 26 and i have been sewing for 7 years i can even use it

Fabric Handling
ok, not bad but not good

Versatility
it does not work on all the things it said it works on :(

it is falling apart, it broke my needle

nothing works right it broke after 1 week

• Versatility:

It's not quite what I expected

from Yuma, AZ

Comments about Singer Electronic Sewing Machine:

I bought this as a spur of the moment purchase on black friday (I wish I had read reviews and put more thought into it). It didn't require assembly which is always a plus. The Singer Pixie Plus Sewing Machine is also small, lighweight and very portable. It can also run on batteries.

My biggest issue is with the directions. They are very unclear. Although I have some experience with sewing machines in the past, I found it very hard to figure out on my own, as did several people who had minimal experience.

I ended up having to take on an airplane (that god it's so lightweight) to my mom (who owns several sewing machines). It took some time, but she eventually figured it out and showed me how to use it, but thought the design was a bit odd.

Good for the price

from Golden, MO

Comments about Singer Electronic Sewing Machine:

When my machine broke down and i did not have enough money to go out and just buy another fancy machine i shopped for a cheaper option that i could still use to everyday sewing crafts with. When i ran across this one i was amazed at all the features and for the price i could get it at, i figured i would give it a try and if i wasnt happy i could always return it. Well i never did return it because i was happy with it. Best little machine for the money is all i can say. It does the same thing alot of the more pricey machines do but for a fraction of the cost. Its also light weight which makes it easy to take to my mothers house when we are going to work on something together. I really have nothing bad to say about it except sometimes it was hard to thread . everything worked and looked great.

Great for your tiny apartment

from Weston, WV

Comments about Singer Electronic Sewing Machine:

I learned how to sew when I was a child on my mom's sewing machine.  She had a singer sewing machine and so did her mother.  These older sewing machines were not nearly as cool as the Singer Pixie Plus Sewing Machine.  They were durable, and the Singer Pixie Plus Sewing Machine still has that about it, but it comes in a much more compact size which is great for a college student or anybody who has to live in a tiny space.   Even if you don't live in a one bedroom apartment like I do you can easily use this sewing machine as a more portable option if you like to take your sewing projects on the go!  It's easy to operate.  I was able to sew all of my quick projects and fix the holes my boyfriend puts in his jeans all the time.  If you sew constantly I might get yourself a different sewing machine this is more for the average home user.  If you sew maybe once a month this is probably the perfect machine.