Other E-commerce Websites:
Health and Beauty Websites

Pros

Cons

• Shipping and Returns:

Sephora.com is a beauty addict's hook up!

**Quick View**

**Quick View**

Beauty products are a passion of mine. I just love trying the newest and the classic beauty products from good brands. THE website for cosmetics and skin care is Sephora.com. It's one of my favorite sites for many reasons.

**Full View**

**What Sephora.com Sells**

Sephora sells cosmetics, bath and body products, skin care, and fragrances from dozens of brands. They don't sell drugstore brands but they sell pretty much any brand you can get in a department store plus others that are hard to find. On top of that, they sell exclusive gift sets and kits at deep discounts. Add three free samples per order, gifts with purchase, and reasonable or free shipping and you have a beauty supply superstore!

**My Experience with Sephora.com**

I have shopped on the site literally hundreds of times. It's clean, it's easy to navigate, and has everything I need and lots of stuff I don't need but end up buying anyway. The selection is huge. You can find great deals as well as very high end products all on one site.

Navigation is easy and finding what you came for is a breeze. Often, **Sephora.com** has several exclusive kits that are deeply discounted compared to buying the products separately. They also offer three free samples of your choice with each order. They often have special promotions where you can score free gifts or a sack of deluxe samples with a coupon code.

The site offers $5.95 flat rate shipping for orders under $75.00 and free for orders over. They have free shipping specials as well so definitely check out the coupon sites and sign up for **Sephora.com's** newsletters to see the latest promotions.

The best part about shopping on this site is, not only do they accept returns of anything they sell - used or not - but they pay for you ship the products back! You will get a shipping label in every order to return products that you may not like  or that may not be the correct shade for your skin.

The orders arrive nicely packed in either a red velvet satchel or a pretty gift box, your choice.

Customer service could not be better. I have returned products, exchanged them, and called and written customer service and have been extremely pleased with the service and responses I have gotten.

**My Viewpoint of Sephora.com**

This is a great online store and one that caters to everyone. There are products for women and men as well as amazing gifts. I have never had a bad experience shopping on **Sephora.com** and I have shopped there more times than I care to admit.

***I give this site 5 stars.*** It's an excellent beauty source for a huge array of brand names from relatively inexpensive to obscure or very high end. A definite keeper of a site, **Sephora.com** is my first choice for beauty products on the net.

Don't buy from Sephora.com

I've never felt the need to write a review before but this is so outrageous I had to let people know.  With my first order from Sephora I had to return two products - concealer that was too light and lip-liner that was too dark, totaling approximately $38.00.  As they indicated for returns, I called to request a return mailing label.  I did this well within the 60 days they require to process a return for a full refund.  It didn't come.  I called again 2 weeks later and again, it didn't come.  (FYI, every other Internet site from which I've ordered always includes a return mailing label with the merchandise.  Why doesn't Sephora???)  I called a third time and it came withing a few days, but it was now after the 60 days.  I sent the items back in their original packaging and waited for the funds to be credited back into my account.  Never happened.  I called and was told that because the products were returned AFTER the 60 days, I could only use a store credit.  I explained that I had called for a return label two times within the 60 days but it hadn't come until after the third call!  They then reluctantly and "just as a courtesy to me" agreed to refund my money.  I wasn't asked for my credit card number.  After 3 weeks a credit still had not posted to my account.  I called again and insisted on speaking with a supervisor.  Supervisor Melissa told me that she needed my credit card number to process the return.  This has never happened with any other company to which I've had to return merchandise.  She also said that my returns were not in the original packaging, which they were, and that someone had tried to call me.  I have an answering machine and there were no messages, and they have my email address.  No one tried to contact me.  By now I was totally fed up with Sephora's insincere (lying) customer service people.  Just the fact that they feel so comfortable telling such obvious lies makes me extremely leery of giving anyone at that company my credit card number.  I requested that they just send me a check.  Unbelievably, she said they can't issue me a check and the only way was to give them my credit card number.  I've requested a call from her supervisor because, of course, she wasn't available at that time.  I should expect Supervisor Jamie to call me within 1-2 days.  I won't hold my breath.  My only satisfaction regarding this whole ugly incident is that someone will not place an order with Sephora because of my experience with them.  Please try Drugstore.Com for your cosmetics - they have great selections and excellent customer service with free returns/refunds on any make-up items.  You will also avoid the hassle of trying (and failing) to jump through Sephora's hoops.

Best Makeup Website!

Comments about Sephora.com:

Sephora is a high end store that carries makeup, lotions, creams, hair products, and other cosmetics and beauty supplies. It is mostly geared toward women, but it does carry products for men. Sephora carries hundreds of different products, and it is very impressive. Not only is it a website, but it is a store as well. I love ordering from Sephora online because I do not have a Sephora near me. They package everything with care and I have never had something come damaged in any shape or form. Sephora is great for buying great makeup. Shipping is usually very quick, unless you have a huge order. Then it may take a couple extra days. Another thing I love about Sephora is that when you go to checkout, you can pick free samples to put in your order. They also have a VIP card. Once you purchase a certain amount of money with your account, you earn points. Once you have lots of points, the free items start rolling in. They always have discounted items and prices also range from $5 to $250. There is always something new and there is something for everyone! I never regret going on a beauty splurge on Sephora.com!

Sephora is se best!

from Florida

Verified Reviewer

Comments about Sephora.com:

For the longest time we didn't have a sephora store anywhere, so I got used to using the website. We finally got a sephora store of our very own not that long ago, and I was so excited to actually get to visit it in person. It was actually kind of a let down. It was nice to be able to smell the perfumes before you bought them but as far as their selection of products they carry so many brands and they just have a few things, probably the most popular items, from each. I am a philosophy girl and use their microdelivery exfoliating wash and the renewed hope in a jar and I was able to get them, but I was hoping to buy the smaller size moisturizer because it is a lot cheaper and they only had the large. It is a great store, but the website is so much better. You can find any kind of beauty item you can think of and many you can't. Stuff that no one else has sephora has tons. They are my go to for everything health and beauty related. Plus they have the rollerball of Versace bright crystal for under $30 so how can you say no to that?! Sephora is awesome.

Great products. HORRIBLE customer service.

Comments about Sephora.com:

Love the products at this store. Their customer service leaves a lot to be desired. Unwilling to correct mistakes, simply apologizes and tells the customer they will have to pay more to correct the company's mistake.

I've considered shopping elsewhere solely because of the poor customer relations.

My absolute go-to!

from Troy NY

Comments about Sephora.com:

Sephora is my absolute go-to for all make-up, fragrance, moisturizer, and holiday gifts! And Sephora.com makes my favorite place instantly accessible to me, wherever I am.

The best part is that there are tons of freebies included when you place online orders with Sephora.com. You get three free samples with each order automatically, but then here are freebie codes you can put in to get additional, larger samples.

Plus you can get a birthday gift, as well as earn points on every purchase to earn even more freebies.

I used to get all of my fragrances, make-up, and moisturizers from department stores, but Sephora.com has made a convert of me with all of their little extras - I would recommend them to everyone!

They have everything!

Customer Service
Both in-store and online customer service representatives are fabulous!

Shipping and Returns
So quick, so easy! Shipping of orders over $50 is free and comes in just 3 days!

Comments about Sephora.com:

Sephora.com is every girls dream! Everything you can think of to beautify yourself and more. They sell some of the best make-up I have ever used and they have the biggest selection ever. They also sell skin care, perfume, nail stuff, and even some stuff for men. I started shopping on this site ten years ago and whenever I have extra money for make-up it is my go to site. They sell top name brand make-up that is not sold in stores and prices are really good too. I have loved everything I have ever bought and love the quality of the products sold.

You select from the categories along the top and narrow down from there. Or you can always use the search. Super easy to shop this website.

Product Selection
Biggest selection of make-ups and beauty products that are of good quality. Tons of colors and scents available as well.

Shipping and Returns
Shipping is usually free if you spend over $50 and products arrive very quickly. They must ship out next day because I always get my stuff within three or four days.

Sephora.com - expensive, but nice

from Chesapeake, VA

Comments about Sephora.com:

Sephora.com sells high-end brand name makeup, cosmetics, skincare, and fragrances, along with their own line of beauty products. Before you shop at Sephora.com, join the Beauty Insider - there's a free gift for joining, mine was a sample-sized set of Sephora brand's lipstick, blush, and mascara - although the items will change. The blush and lipstick are a very pretty, neutral color but the lipstick was very soft; it ran within an hour. You also get a free gift on your birthday, ( I haven't had mine yet so I don't know what I'll get) and three free samples with every order, even if your order is less than $50. Purchases give you points that you can redeem for a selection of merchandise - their choice, not yours. Sephora.com's prices are what I consider to be high, but they have a very wide range and brands of beauty products and free, 3-day shipping at $50. Sephora.com also has a lot of how-to videos - I found the ones on eyebrow shaping, and face contouring helpful. Overall, Sephora.com is good for one-stop shopping for a lot of brands, offers some nice rewards, but is not the best choice for bargain-hunters like me.

• Shipping and Returns:

Awesome For Any Makeup Lover!

from Hartford, CT

Comments about Sephora.com:

I love Sephora but I don't have a store near me so when I want to buy specialty makeup I need to order it through their website.

Their selection of everything from Dr. Perricone to Urban Decay to Philosophy is awesome and ordering is ultra simple.

They also offer free three day shipping on orders over $50 which is a nice bonus. Since everything is rather expensive it is very easy to reach the free shipping threshold.

I also love that you get free samples with each order. They usually offer you three free samples with your order, but sometimes they will e-mail you a code for five samples or one larger sample. It's always great fun to try the samples that arrive with my order.

They also give you a free mini gift for your birthday which is a nice bonus. It's usually something small like a tiny mascara and lip gloss but it's fun to receive and you just add it to your basket when you are checking out.

The only thing I don't love is that they do not offer payment via PayPal but that's a small inconvenience.

Returns are super easy and can be mailed back or returned to any store. I've only had to do a return once and I brought the item and my packing slip to the store and it was a breeze.

I definitely recommend Sephora's website to any makeup lover. It's a wonderful fantasy world that just cannot be beat.

All in One Beauty Store

Comments about Sephora.com:

Sephora.com is a great place to shop for makeup and other beauty supplies if you like to purchase products from several different brands. I have noticed that the local store doesn't have a great selection but online has just about everything I am looking for. They have a good selection of higher end brands and other more budget friendly brands. The website is well organized and allows you to sort based on what you need, the specific brand you want, and/or the pricing you want. Shipping is free with purchases of $50 or more and you get three free samples with each order you place.

Product Pricing
The pricing can seem a bit high but it is the same pricing that you would find at any department store. A great time of year is when products go on sale which they rarely do at department stores that carry the same items.

Customer Service
It has depended on the store as to what type of customer service I've received, however online I have always had good experiences.

Love it!

Comments about Sephora.com:

I absolutely love going into the Sephora store. It is like a dream more many girls! Unfortunately I live an hour away from the nearest store so I am not able to go as often as I would like to. That is why I love the Sephora website. They have all of the same great products online as they do in the store. I have even seen things on the website that I have never seen in stores. I love that being able to shop on a website means I have more time to browse through things I normally would not. My favorite section on the website is probably the makeup section. They have tons and tons of name brand makeup to choose from. I tend to stick to colors that I know for sure what they look like in person, but it is still fun to look through them. I have found that there are a lot more deals on the website than what I have found in stores too. They have a great sale section as well and I have found some great deals in there too. Also shipping is very reasonable and my items never take too long to be delivered. And another plus is you get free samples when you order off the website. I usually choose samples that are of things I have been wanting to buy but was not sure I would like it or not. That way I am able to test the product out before paying for a full price version. I would recommend the Sephora website to anyone who loves the store. It is almost as fun to browse the website as it is the actual store.

Best Highend makeup store

from Stroudsburg, PA

Comments about Sephora.com:

Sephora has the best selection of high end makeup I've ever seen. I always feel so luxurious walking into a Sephora store, and using their website.

They always have the best selection of makeup and products, even some items that other stores don't have.

I have been shopping at Sephora for years, and I love all the sales that they have, and I love that when you spend money their you get points, and can use those points to get other makeup items.

Recently I tried to purchase the Makeup Forever HD foundation that is only available at Sephora. The Sephora store in my town was out of my color so to my surprise I was able to buy it online, and they offered me free shipping for the inconvenience. The foundation came to my house within a few days and I was very pleased.

I love the Sephora website, they always have a huge stock and selection. They have more products on their website then they have in the store, and they always keep all the products stocked up. Even if any item isn't in stock they always get the items back quickly if a ton of people request it. The shipping is usually free after spending $50 which is easy to do, and the shipping is fast as well.

If I want to buy high end makeup I always go to Sephora, or shop on their website.

The website is really nice and easy to navigate through but I love the store. It's always fun going into the Sephora store and looking at all the makeup. I feel like a kid in a candy store.

Product Selection
Sephora has a huge selection of high end makeup. They have all of the popular makeup brands like Makeup Forever, Nars, Marc Jacobs, Benefit, Dior, and more. If you are looking for a new item that just came out they usually have it They even have a huge selection of perfumes, acne/skin care items, and even items for hair and men.

Product Pricing
Sephora is very expensive. Sometimes the products are worth it but sometimes they are not. Only come here if you want luxury splurge makeup items. I couldn't buy all my makeup here, but I would buy a foundation. Most foundations at Sephora are about $40.

Customer Service
The customer service at Sephora is great. The employees are extremely nice. I can't count how many times I've needed help selecting a foundation and a concealer, and the Sephora employees did my whole face of makeup for me so I could really see how the foundation looked. They are always so friendly and honest. I always feel comfortable shopping in Sephora.

Shipping and Returns
I have ordered online time and time again. Shipping is always fast, and my products always come unharmed. Sephora will let you return makeup you have tried out and didn't like, and them will let you return items from online in the store. I've never heard of any other store doing that, but it's great. You never have to feel like you wasted your money on a product that didn't work for you because they will take it back and let you pick something else.