Other Clothings:
Health and Beauty Websites

Pros

Cons

• Shipping and Returns:

Sephora.com is a beauty addict's hook up!

**Quick View**

**Quick View**

Beauty products are a passion of mine. I just love trying the newest and the classic beauty products from good brands. THE website for cosmetics and skin care is Sephora.com. It's one of my favorite sites for many reasons.

**Full View**

**What Sephora.com Sells**

Sephora sells cosmetics, bath and body products, skin care, and fragrances from dozens of brands. They don't sell drugstore brands but they sell pretty much any brand you can get in a department store plus others that are hard to find. On top of that, they sell exclusive gift sets and kits at deep discounts. Add three free samples per order, gifts with purchase, and reasonable or free shipping and you have a beauty supply superstore!

**My Experience with Sephora.com**

I have shopped on the site literally hundreds of times. It's clean, it's easy to navigate, and has everything I need and lots of stuff I don't need but end up buying anyway. The selection is huge. You can find great deals as well as very high end products all on one site.

Navigation is easy and finding what you came for is a breeze. Often, **Sephora.com** has several exclusive kits that are deeply discounted compared to buying the products separately. They also offer three free samples of your choice with each order. They often have special promotions where you can score free gifts or a sack of deluxe samples with a coupon code.

The site offers $5.95 flat rate shipping for orders under $75.00 and free for orders over. They have free shipping specials as well so definitely check out the coupon sites and sign up for **Sephora.com's** newsletters to see the latest promotions.

The best part about shopping on this site is, not only do they accept returns of anything they sell - used or not - but they pay for you ship the products back! You will get a shipping label in every order to return products that you may not like  or that may not be the correct shade for your skin.

The orders arrive nicely packed in either a red velvet satchel or a pretty gift box, your choice.

Customer service could not be better. I have returned products, exchanged them, and called and written customer service and have been extremely pleased with the service and responses I have gotten.

**My Viewpoint of Sephora.com**

This is a great online store and one that caters to everyone. There are products for women and men as well as amazing gifts. I have never had a bad experience shopping on **Sephora.com** and I have shopped there more times than I care to admit.

***I give this site 5 stars.*** It's an excellent beauty source for a huge array of brand names from relatively inexpensive to obscure or very high end. A definite keeper of a site, **Sephora.com** is my first choice for beauty products on the net.

Don't buy from Sephora.com

I've never felt the need to write a review before but this is so outrageous I had to let people know.  With my first order from Sephora I had to return two products - concealer that was too light and lip-liner that was too dark, totaling approximately $38.00.  As they indicated for returns, I called to request a return mailing label.  I did this well within the 60 days they require to process a return for a full refund.  It didn't come.  I called again 2 weeks later and again, it didn't come.  (FYI, every other Internet site from which I've ordered always includes a return mailing label with the merchandise.  Why doesn't Sephora???)  I called a third time and it came withing a few days, but it was now after the 60 days.  I sent the items back in their original packaging and waited for the funds to be credited back into my account.  Never happened.  I called and was told that because the products were returned AFTER the 60 days, I could only use a store credit.  I explained that I had called for a return label two times within the 60 days but it hadn't come until after the third call!  They then reluctantly and "just as a courtesy to me" agreed to refund my money.  I wasn't asked for my credit card number.  After 3 weeks a credit still had not posted to my account.  I called again and insisted on speaking with a supervisor.  Supervisor Melissa told me that she needed my credit card number to process the return.  This has never happened with any other company to which I've had to return merchandise.  She also said that my returns were not in the original packaging, which they were, and that someone had tried to call me.  I have an answering machine and there were no messages, and they have my email address.  No one tried to contact me.  By now I was totally fed up with Sephora's insincere (lying) customer service people.  Just the fact that they feel so comfortable telling such obvious lies makes me extremely leery of giving anyone at that company my credit card number.  I requested that they just send me a check.  Unbelievably, she said they can't issue me a check and the only way was to give them my credit card number.  I've requested a call from her supervisor because, of course, she wasn't available at that time.  I should expect Supervisor Jamie to call me within 1-2 days.  I won't hold my breath.  My only satisfaction regarding this whole ugly incident is that someone will not place an order with Sephora because of my experience with them.  Please try Drugstore.Com for your cosmetics - they have great selections and excellent customer service with free returns/refunds on any make-up items.  You will also avoid the hassle of trying (and failing) to jump through Sephora's hoops.

Best store for beauty needs

from Arlington

Comments about Sephora.com:

My go to store for makeup hair and skincare needs.i love their selection and that they offer 3 free samples for every category each time you shop. There's also free samples with your online orders and perks

No longer patronizing their mediocrity.

from New york, ny

Comments about Sephora.com:

I've been shopping at sephora both online and in store (in two different states in USA) for over 5 years, I've spent so much money with them that achieved their useless "vib" and "rouge" status.
Since I moved to NY, I noticed that no one working at sephora (Manhattan stores)likes to have to help you finding items, or answering questions... perhaps the amount of costumers they get annoys them so much that they just give the pigeon treatment to everyone, not mentioning the sporadic security harassment.
Sephora rewards program is awful, always offering drop size samples and whenever something interesting is offered, is never available and they give you whatever you didn't ask for to make you just leave.
Sometimes samples situation online is better (non existent in stores) but is useless to pick your preferences since they'll send you whatever pleases them that you might never use since doesn't even match your skin needs/color.
They mess up shippings (sending wrong colors, missing items, splitting shipments, taking twice the delivery time...) not to mention their packages are ridiculously environmentally unfriendly, such a waste of big boxes for little items.
In my opinion Sephora got so popular that they don't even care about their patrons anymore. I rather patronize glossier, elf, urban outfitters or Ulta and feel better about where I put my so hard earned money.
Patronizing companies like Sephora just makes me angry. I was ok paying their ridiculous prices for over 5 years, but enough is enough, there's too many companies out there doing a better job.

Best Makeup Website!

Comments about Sephora.com:

Sephora is a high end store that carries makeup, lotions, creams, hair products, and other cosmetics and beauty supplies. It is mostly geared toward women, but it does carry products for men. Sephora carries hundreds of different products, and it is very impressive. Not only is it a website, but it is a store as well. I love ordering from Sephora online because I do not have a Sephora near me. They package everything with care and I have never had something come damaged in any shape or form. Sephora is great for buying great makeup. Shipping is usually very quick, unless you have a huge order. Then it may take a couple extra days. Another thing I love about Sephora is that when you go to checkout, you can pick free samples to put in your order. They also have a VIP card. Once you purchase a certain amount of money with your account, you earn points. Once you have lots of points, the free items start rolling in. They always have discounted items and prices also range from $5 to $250. There is always something new and there is something for everyone! I never regret going on a beauty splurge on Sephora.com!

Sephora is se best!

from Florida

Verified Reviewer

Comments about Sephora.com:

For the longest time we didn't have a sephora store anywhere, so I got used to using the website. We finally got a sephora store of our very own not that long ago, and I was so excited to actually get to visit it in person. It was actually kind of a let down. It was nice to be able to smell the perfumes before you bought them but as far as their selection of products they carry so many brands and they just have a few things, probably the most popular items, from each. I am a philosophy girl and use their microdelivery exfoliating wash and the renewed hope in a jar and I was able to get them, but I was hoping to buy the smaller size moisturizer because it is a lot cheaper and they only had the large. It is a great store, but the website is so much better. You can find any kind of beauty item you can think of and many you can't. Stuff that no one else has sephora has tons. They are my go to for everything health and beauty related. Plus they have the rollerball of Versace bright crystal for under $30 so how can you say no to that?! Sephora is awesome.

Great products. HORRIBLE customer service.

Comments about Sephora.com:

Love the products at this store. Their customer service leaves a lot to be desired. Unwilling to correct mistakes, simply apologizes and tells the customer they will have to pay more to correct the company's mistake.

I've considered shopping elsewhere solely because of the poor customer relations.

My absolute go-to!

from Troy NY

Comments about Sephora.com:

Sephora is my absolute go-to for all make-up, fragrance, moisturizer, and holiday gifts! And Sephora.com makes my favorite place instantly accessible to me, wherever I am.

The best part is that there are tons of freebies included when you place online orders with Sephora.com. You get three free samples with each order automatically, but then here are freebie codes you can put in to get additional, larger samples.

Plus you can get a birthday gift, as well as earn points on every purchase to earn even more freebies.

I used to get all of my fragrances, make-up, and moisturizers from department stores, but Sephora.com has made a convert of me with all of their little extras - I would recommend them to everyone!

Product Selection
They have everything!

Customer Service
Both in-store and online customer service representatives are fabulous!

Shipping and Returns
So quick, so easy! Shipping of orders over $50 is free and comes in just 3 days!

Comments about Sephora.com:

Sephora.com is every girls dream! Everything you can think of to beautify yourself and more. They sell some of the best make-up I have ever used and they have the biggest selection ever. They also sell skin care, perfume, nail stuff, and even some stuff for men. I started shopping on this site ten years ago and whenever I have extra money for make-up it is my go to site. They sell top name brand make-up that is not sold in stores and prices are really good too. I have loved everything I have ever bought and love the quality of the products sold.

You select from the categories along the top and narrow down from there. Or you can always use the search. Super easy to shop this website.

Product Selection
Biggest selection of make-ups and beauty products that are of good quality. Tons of colors and scents available as well.

Shipping and Returns
Shipping is usually free if you spend over $50 and products arrive very quickly. They must ship out next day because I always get my stuff within three or four days.

Sephora.com - expensive, but nice

from Chesapeake, VA

Comments about Sephora.com:

Sephora.com sells high-end brand name makeup, cosmetics, skincare, and fragrances, along with their own line of beauty products. Before you shop at Sephora.com, join the Beauty Insider - there's a free gift for joining, mine was a sample-sized set of Sephora brand's lipstick, blush, and mascara - although the items will change. The blush and lipstick are a very pretty, neutral color but the lipstick was very soft; it ran within an hour. You also get a free gift on your birthday, ( I haven't had mine yet so I don't know what I'll get) and three free samples with every order, even if your order is less than $50. Purchases give you points that you can redeem for a selection of merchandise - their choice, not yours. Sephora.com's prices are what I consider to be high, but they have a very wide range and brands of beauty products and free, 3-day shipping at $50. Sephora.com also has a lot of how-to videos - I found the ones on eyebrow shaping, and face contouring helpful. Overall, Sephora.com is good for one-stop shopping for a lot of brands, offers some nice rewards, but is not the best choice for bargain-hunters like me.

• Shipping and Returns:

Awesome For Any Makeup Lover!

from Hartford, CT

Comments about Sephora.com:

I love Sephora but I don't have a store near me so when I want to buy specialty makeup I need to order it through their website.

Their selection of everything from Dr. Perricone to Urban Decay to Philosophy is awesome and ordering is ultra simple.

They also offer free three day shipping on orders over $50 which is a nice bonus. Since everything is rather expensive it is very easy to reach the free shipping threshold.

I also love that you get free samples with each order. They usually offer you three free samples with your order, but sometimes they will e-mail you a code for five samples or one larger sample. It's always great fun to try the samples that arrive with my order.

They also give you a free mini gift for your birthday which is a nice bonus. It's usually something small like a tiny mascara and lip gloss but it's fun to receive and you just add it to your basket when you are checking out.

The only thing I don't love is that they do not offer payment via PayPal but that's a small inconvenience.

Returns are super easy and can be mailed back or returned to any store. I've only had to do a return once and I brought the item and my packing slip to the store and it was a breeze.

I definitely recommend Sephora's website to any makeup lover. It's a wonderful fantasy world that just cannot be beat.

All in One Beauty Store

Comments about Sephora.com:

Sephora.com is a great place to shop for makeup and other beauty supplies if you like to purchase products from several different brands. I have noticed that the local store doesn't have a great selection but online has just about everything I am looking for. They have a good selection of higher end brands and other more budget friendly brands. The website is well organized and allows you to sort based on what you need, the specific brand you want, and/or the pricing you want. Shipping is free with purchases of $50 or more and you get three free samples with each order you place.

Product Pricing
The pricing can seem a bit high but it is the same pricing that you would find at any department store. A great time of year is when products go on sale which they rarely do at department stores that carry the same items.

Customer Service
It has depended on the store as to what type of customer service I've received, however online I have always had good experiences.