Other Cell Phones:
SCH-T469
Samsung Gravity 2

Samsung Gravity 2

The Samsung Gravity 2 is far and above all other phones I've had

Prior to purchasing the Samsung Gravity 2 I decided to read a few reviews.  Although I didn't find anything to scare me away I obtained it with a few reservations.  Boy! Was I surprised when I started to use it.  My cell phone experience had been limited to Nokia and Motorola "cheapies".  I had no idea the Gravity 2 could be so effective.  I've loaded it with photos, videos, tunes, and tons of other stuff and have yet to come close to its capacity.

If you want a phone that can be used for texting, talking, and internet without breaking your wallet you're looking at the right product.  T-Mobile has a real hit with this one plus it's no way near the cost of most other phones that have similar uses.

Like it- wish I had gone with something else.

I was very excited to purchase this [phone][1] . I had waited a while and looked at many options before deciding to go with this one. The sliding keyboard is great! Love the qwerty keyboard. The phone is bigger then most, so I would think the keyboard could have been bigger.

My biggest complaint is that the phone locks so quickly! I can never do anything without having to unlock it 2 or 3 times. It gets really annoying when you are trying to do two things at once. I also was a bit disappointed with the sound selection. I ended up buying a ring-tone, and then settling on sounds for texts and voice-mail. But there wasn't one selection that I liked. You would think with the technology this phone offers, that it would have some cool sound clips that come with it. Also, the battery life stinks! I have to charge it ever single night or is dead by mid-day the day following. It will go about 32 hours or so, and that's with not a ton of talking. I even have it on settings to help preserve battery life. My old phone, an LG, could go a good three days without needing to be plugged in.

Overall I like it, but I find myself wishing I had just gone with a nice flip phone instead of wanting the qwerty keyboard.

[1]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Samsung-Glyde-Cell-Phone-review-b9453

samsung gravity is a rockin phone

from San Bernardino, CA

Comments about Samsung Gravity 2:

Samsung gravity 2 is a step up from the samsung gravity one, the gravity one was available in a white and blue combo, and also in a grey and lime green combo. This is in different colors available than those two. You have the option of a black and orange, i forgot what the other colors were. But that is the one I have. There is also a new version of the gravity phones, the samsung gravity touch. The gravity is a pretty cool phone, it is a slider phone, with a full qwerty keyboard. This makes it super easy and fun to text message with this, and fast! Now that I have a touchscreen phone I really miss the qwerty buttons! My big fingers make it hard to not accidentally push other screen buttons! also you get access to free email as far as i have had the experience, you do not need a web data plan for that, but you may want to double check as this could change in time. I love having access to email at all times, without having to have internet , as I could care less about using the internet on my phone.

• Voice Quality:
  • Battery Life:

This phone sucks.

from Arcadia, CA

Comments about Samsung Gravity 2:

Okay, i got it for free, but I paid for the plan!

Prosbattery lifekeyboarddurabilityreception (rarely drop calls)full keyboard

Cons:Slow, laggy. I press a button and have to wait a second for it to load. Not much in absolute terms, but relatively speaking, if i want to send a text, there are like 4 buttons to go through (unlock, menu, send message, reply)

other features suck

volume not that loud

keyboard is kinda difficult as well.

camera sucks

I really enjoy my Samsung Gravity.

from Kelso, WA

Comments about Samsung Gravity 2:

I really enjoy the slide out keyboard, and the "Lime" green color. It has a great zoom feature for the camera, extra symbols for txting, its a good size and weight. My only problem with it is that there is no key lock and sometimes its hard to work the calendar feature like I like.

Like it- wish I had gone with something else.

from Wolfeboro, NH

[1]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Samsung-Glyde-Cell-Phone-review-b9453

Samsun Gravity 2 review

from La Grange, IL

Comments about Samsung Gravity 2:

The samsun gravity 2 is outstanding. First of all i love the camera. The shots come up really clear and its great for taking pictures. There was one time i took a picture of something and i blurred out the background and it looked like a real professional photographer took it. The second thing I like about the Gravity 2 is the full keyboard. The full keyboard really helps me type much faster than usual. Also, when you're really lazy and you don't want to open the keyboard, you can just text without opening the keyboard with the numbers/letters on your front keyboard. The different types of text modes is ABC, T9(english),Numeric, and symbol. That helps a lot when I'm really tired and don't want to open the keyboard. The other thing I enjoy is editing the pictures. When you take a picture, you can edit it. For example, you can black and white it, sephia, or you can warp it. Warping the pictures is really fun because when you warp the picture you come out looking really funny. Those are the main reasons that I love this phone.

Samsung Gravity a good functional phone

from Indianapolis, IN

Comments about Samsung Gravity 2:

I just got the Samsung Gravity, and although it is a step down from my last phone, it is a very functiona and useful phone. The qwerty keyboard, after getting use to it, is quite good. The make of the phone is nice, it makes it a light phone, which is a plus from my last phone. The phone includes a camera, which is nice if you ever need to take a picture while your out and about. I would agree with other posters, that the phone locks quite frequently, and there is no flash with the camera, which make it harder in dimmly lit situations. Overall the Samsung Gravity met what i wanted it to, and that was to make phone calls. It's not the best looking phone, and all of the best high tech specs, but it was practically a free phone, and that made it a very appealing phone for my Husband and I. If you are looking for a phone that has good functionality that doesn't have too many bells and whistles, this is the perfect phone for you!

Exceptional and Durable Phone!

from Cole Camp, MO

Comments about Samsung Gravity 2:

**This cell phone is a very user-friendly device. It has quality that is unmatched in todays cell phones. It is very very durable. Almost nearly indestructible! I work around a farm and this phone has taken much abuse and it still works flawlessly. It's easy to use and I like all the options you get through the menu. It has many great features such as the camera that can capture still photos and record short video clips. I use the camera feature very often. The only complaint I have about the camera is that it is not good in low light. I think a great addition would be some sort of LED flash that could range out to at least 10 feet. Another great addition to the camera would be a faster shutter speed. It makes it hard to catch valuable memories such as toddlers with short attention spans. Other than that, the camera function is amazing. I also like the actual music player option where you can play back music from your phone or optional Micro SD memory card while you navigate through all your menu's such as messaging, contacts, settings, other media and even web browsing. It's a very capable, user-friendly phone that I would recommend to anyone. Samsung is the best!**

love the samsung phone but had a lot of issues

from Brookhaven, MS

Comments about Samsung Gravity 2:

I've decided with any electronic item it's really the luck of the draw and I was unlucky this time.  :)  I love of the slide out keyboard I hate trying to text through the numbers...I just can't do it.  Of course I still find that a little complicated because I can't figure out how to add numbers to my text lol.  It had lots of great features.  Very easy to use these features.  I also love the minisd mp3 player.  Does not take very good pictures and games are boring.  I hate lots of issues with mine..again luck of the draw I guess...Everytime I closed my keyboard the phone would shut off!  The battery did last forever and charged extremely quick!  The back does pop off kind of easy too.   Easy volume control. Has a voice recorder.  Love that you can take any picture and set it as wallpaper or text.  I have an iphone 2g as well and you can't do that with it.  Of course that's it's only downfall.  This phone is recommended though.

Samsung Gravity 2 - It's ok.

from Dayton, OH

Comments about Samsung Gravity 2:

I originally bought this phone because of the ease of use, but have since found it to be frustrating.  There are no real warnings when the battery is getting low and the phone often shuts off and on by itself.  The bottons do not always register when touched.  I wish I had purchased a different phone.

Average, Just average

from Pompano Beach, FL

Comments about Samsung Gravity 2:

This phone really is great. I have no signal problems, The battery has a good life, And I really can't find anything that's that bad about it. But, There are to very big flaws about the device.

Number one; The keyboard.

I am a pretty fast texter and can send them out pretty fast....But my phone can't. Alot of times I quickly want to say "Hey" to my friends and I try to send it somewhat fast, But it come out as "Hyy". The keyboard does not respond well to touches at all. And that is one of the bigger flaws in my opinion.

Number two; The texting interface.

I really adore the interfaces that the iPhone and the blackberry have(I'm sure there are other phone like this but these are the ones off the top of my head.) and they have a scrolling conversation type of thing. You can see the entire conversation from one screen. But on the phone it is like an email. You go from message to message. The problem for me is I will forget what I sent and when I get a random message saying something I don't understand. In all, I think this is a good first phone for a child.