Other Smartphones:
VIBRANT 4G
Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant Smartphone

Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant Smartphone

Better than the iPhone!

I absolutely love the Samsung Vibrant, which is one of the four new Samsung Galaxy phones that came out summer 2010. Unlike the other carriers, the phone comes pre-loaded with the movie Avatar, and Sims 3. Other things I liked:

**Design**: I prefer the more basic, rounded design of the Vibrant. The Captive, which is AT&T's version, is boxy and sharp. The 4 inch AMOLED screen is huge and bright, but the phone is surprisingly thin and light.

**Battery life**: Somewhat average battery life. If you intensely use your phone for web, emails and music, you probably will have to bring around your charger. But for somewhat medium use, the phone does last throughout the day.

Be warned, the battery icon at the top is deceptive. It may look like its 75% charged but when you go into the settings, the phone only has around 50% battery life.

**Interface**: Although it runs Android 2.1, the interface is smooth and fast. I like the fact that you can customize the screens to your own preference and have a separate menu for all the apps (the iPhone doesn't have this feature).

Just remember to download a task killer though. If the phone seems to be lagging, it's because there are several programs running in the background. When you exit a program on Android, it doesn't kill the program, and it ends up lagging the phone.

The only reason why I didn't give it 5 stars is because the first Vibrant I got was very glitchy and I ended up returning it and getting a new one. The second one works wonderfully though!

Freezes Up Frequently!

Has all the same great features most smart phones do. Really has no big WOW factor. When the battery is below 25% it becomes very unpredictable. Randomly turns on and off. I switched from another brand to Samsung because we have several other new Samsung products that have been wonderful. I'm disappointed with this one.

Battery Life
If you make sure to turn off Wifi and close apps the battery is about average. If you use the phone all day, you may wont to make sure you have a charger with you. I use mine off and on for calls, texts, and web and need to charge daily. On days that I am out of the office and use the web and apps more, I usually need to use the car charger by late afternoon.

Display/Screen Quality
Picture quality is fantastic!

All of the options seem pretty standard. The trend of not supplying any instructions with the phones is a bit annoying, but after getting in and looking around it was pretty easy to figure out.

I have problems with the buttons on the sides of the phone. I keep my phone in my pocket and until I put the phone in a hard snap together case, the volume button was constantly being pressed. In my opinion they could have better thought out the placement and/or ease of activating.

It's A great phone i like it

from mohammedia,morocco

About Me Social Networker, Student

Pros

• App Availablity
  • Battery Life
  • Easy To Customize
  • Operating System
  • Screen
  • Web Browsing
  • WiFi

Cons

• Camera

• Social Networking
  • Texting
  • Web Browsing

Comments about Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant Smartphone:

The Samsung Vibrant inevitably will be compared to previous versions of the iPhone, thanks to its rounded corners and plastic shell. Put that aside for a minute. What you get is a large touchscreen -- 4 inches in diagonal -- in a very slim, very slight form factor. In fact, the phone's weight probably is the first thing you'll notice when you pick it up. It almost flies out of your hand.

• Phone Size:
  • Just Right
  • Phone Construction:
  • Feels Sturdy
  • Usability:
  • Simple Enough
  • Media:
  • Easy To Download Media, Easy To Use Media Player, External Media Controls, Good Speaker Sound
  • Camera:
  • Easy Sharing, Easy To Use, Editing Tools, Video Recording

Samsung galaxy

from New York

About Me Gadget-phobic

Pros

• App Availablity

Cons

• Button Configuration

• Camera

• Camera:
  • Easy Sharing

Durable Phone

Comments about Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant Smartphone:

I've had the Samsung Vibrant from T-Mobile for over two years now. It's a very sturdy phone, the sound quality is good. The phone does not feature a front-facing camera, which for the time it was released, was a bit odd. If you want a front facing camera, you can find one online and mod the phone so you have one. The camera quality is good, the 5 mp camera takes quality photos that are very clear. The phone feels good in the hand, it isn't too big and will fit most hands. One of the only drawbacks for me anyway is that the GPS is a bit hit and miss. It very rarely works and if it does, you can only get one or two signals (or at least that's all I can get). If you want a phone for reliable GPS, this is not the phone for you. If you want a phone that does what it should, as far as a phone goes this is a good phone with a great price. The sound quality is very good, even over WiFi only, every now and then you may experience echo if you are talking over WiFi but I found that depends on who you are actually talking too. The design is very simple, which is something I like. The battery life also depends on the ROM you are using, if you are rooted/have a custom ROM, and other factors so you may have a long battery life and you may not. I average about 12-15 hours.

• Call Quality:

Gorgeous Display but need more RAM to make it more incredible

from Stamford, CT

Comments about Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant Smartphone:

This is one smart looking phone with a very good visuals and display. Could do a little better with more onboard RAM. However I love it. It has good support on Google Play market. Very easy to use and hold in hand. Good call quality and supports micro SD card thereby increasing the storage capacity. Comes pre-loaded with Inception which runs brilliantly on the phone highlighting its brilliant display. T-Mobile has good coverage of 4G in my area, so was able to get good download speeds. Maps as a function does not fully match up to Nokia Maps which can be dowloaded and used off-line. All in all a very good phone and should get ICS upgrade to improve it further.

Display/Screen Quality
Only grouse is that it washes out in bright sunlight

• Call Quality:

Great if in a strong service area.

from Alamogordo, NM

Comments about Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant Smartphone:

Have to search for service provider often. When click to go to messages the message comes up and quickly goes back to the home screen.

Battery Life
Take phone off charger at 6 am and by 4 pm it is beeping that it needs to be put back on the charger. And this is with minimal use of the phone.

Display/Screen Quality
Clear picture on screen/display. Never had any issues with being able to see screen. And the touch part works great.

Call Quality
I think if I had a different provider the call would be clear because when I use wi-fi calling it's perfect.

Very good when the screens are popping back to the home screen at the phones discretion.

Have kids that drop it and it doesn't pop apart or shut off and touch screen still works great.

If you like touch screen this phone is perfect design

• Call Quality:

A stylish smartphone with awesome features

from Alliance, OH

Comments about Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant Smartphone:

A great all around phone with all the bells and whistles. Great photos, videos, and everything.

Battery life is pretty good for being a 4g phone and powering the large screen

Display/Screen Quality
The screen is very large and looks great. Its crisp and clear

Call Quality
I havent had any issues, no static and doesnt sound muffled.

It will take some time to learn to use all the features on this phone. The motion controls are very cool. The voice feature thats similar to iphone is easy to use and very convenient.

The phone is so thin and light. I have big hands and love the big screen but smaller hands might not appreciate a phone this big. The phones battery cover is thin plastic. So the phone doesnt feel sturdy because its so thin and light but with a case on it, it feels better. The feeling of being so thin and light makes it seem kind of cheap but the features dont match the feel.

I appreciate the thin look and feel but I like the shape and heaviness of other phones like the iphone or razr maxx. But the phone is top of the line in my opinion.

• Call Quality:

This phone is very easy to use.

from Cincinnati, OH

Comments about Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant Smartphone:

This is the first smart phone that I have used and it is easy to use that internet, text, and make calls. I can download apps. Surf the internet. I use facebook on this phone. I take pictures that I have had printed later and the quality is great.

• Call Quality:

A wonderful Android phone - iphone, you've met your match.

from Deerfield Beach, FL

Comments about Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant Smartphone:

I'm a fan of Samsung phones, this one has not disappointed me. This is my first smartphone, I chose it for it's brilliant display and the fact that it has 16G of internal memory. The camera is also very good, much better, if I may say, than the iphone 4S/ipod touch Gen 4 camera. My son has the ipod, and I took the same pictures with both cameras, and the Samsung Galaxy S phone camera picture came out sharper. Phone signals are sometimes weak, but that could be Tmobile, I can't be certain. Downside of this phone is the battery, which I have to charge daily. Drains quickly. Not sure if they have a high capacity battery, but if they do, it would be ideal to invest in one.

I love the swype feature which makes typing a breeze. That is also one of the main reason for choosing this phone over an iphone

• Call Quality:

Convenient, comfortable to hold, great for new smartphone users

from Glenshaw, PA

Comments about Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant Smartphone:

I have had this phone since February and just love it. I am new to smartphones and this is just the best one I could have chosen.

Battery Life
The battery lasts a pretty long time. I would like it to last a bit longer but overall I am very satisfied

Display/Screen Quality
The display is really good. Colors and lines are crisp and vivid.

Call Quality
I have had no problems with my call quailty

This phone is really easy to use and great for the new user.

So far, I have had no problems and it has functioned perfectly.

It fits really easily into my hand and is convenient to carry. Nice and slim.

• Call Quality:

Phone is amazing I absolutely love it!

from Oklahoma City, OK

Comments about Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant Smartphone:

Great phone amazing touch screen. Good camera, video is amazing.
Easy to get used to!

Battery Life
Great battery life unless you have a certain game or app that drains it.

Clear and crisp!

Very great call quality!

Easy to use!

My husband passed this phone on to me he used it for a year and it has a lot of life in it!

Great screen size and width!